Trump claims to have coined the word "fake"

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
“I think one of the greatest of all terms I’ve come up with is ‘fake.’ I guess other people have used it, perhaps, over the years, but I’ve never noticed it."
-- Donald Trump

Just how -- I don't know what...arrogant, stupid, what...-- is that man?

Fake news, yes.

There hasn't been the kind of outpouring of fake news before Trump. Yes, there was fake news against Bush. Nothing like against Trump. This is what happens when the results of the election aren't accepted.

Fake news, the only ones who COIN that thought are the leftist dumbasses who actually believe it.

Just to help out, those comments come at about 9:10 of the video. I hoped it was just some sort of satire site, but no, he said it.

I mean, really. The man even had the temerity to say "perhaps"...As though whether anyone has before uttered the word is doubtful. God Lord!!!

Fake news, yes.

There hasn't been the kind of outpouring of fake news before Trump. Yes, there was fake news against Bush. Nothing like against Trump. This is what happens when the results of the election aren't accepted.

It's probably to hard for them to understand what " being a smart ass means" . They take it literally that is their sever mental illness shining through.

Give him time, Xelor. Maybe he'll coin something as impressive as "bitter clingers" some day.

“I think one of the greatest of all terms I’ve come up with is ‘fake.’ I guess other people have used it, perhaps, over the years, but I’ve never noticed it."
-- Donald Trump

Obviously the term "fake news" was originally coined to describe the wacky fabrications spewed by right wing sites like Breitbart, InfoWars and WND. The Republicans were successfully able to commandeer the term because of Trump's White House/Twitter bully pulpit.

Partisans do that when they're stung by a term, they work to use the term against the other "side" to dilute its effectiveness against them. The Left has done the same with "snowflake", illustrating once again how similar the two ends can be in their behaviors.

But calling Trump a liar is a little problematic for me. The term means you're purposely saying something that you know isn't true. That would also mean, then, that he has and understands the facts. It may just be that he just makes shit up as he goes, - whether he understands it or not - peppers it with some goofy hyperbole and blurts it out.

So I don't know if that really qualifies as "lying" in the classic sense.

Oh well, who knows.

Last edited:
Fake news, yes.

Do you think fake trump will ever accept Snow White Hillary's historic popular vote landslide?

-- Donald Trump

Obviously the term "fake news" was originally coined to describe the wacky fabrications spewed by right wing sites like Breitbart, InfoWars and WND. The Republicans were successfully able to commandeer the term because of Trump's White House/Twitter bully pulpit.

Partisans do that when they're stung by a term, they work to use the term against the other "side" to dilute its effectiveness against them. The Left has done the same with "snowflake", illustrating once again how similar the two ends can be in their behaviors.

But calling Trump a liar is a little problematic for me. The term means you're purposely saying something that you know isn't true. That would also mean, then, that he has and understands the facts. It may just be that he just makes shit up as he goes, - whether he understands it or not - peppers it with some goofy hyperbole and blurts it out.

Oh well, who knows.

It's depressing to know that the average voter is so easily played by meaningless trigger words. Is it any surprise that Trump and Clinton were the choices we were left with?

-- Donald Trump

Oh well, who knows.
I hate this defense of trump. No he doesn't believe it. Yes he knows he's lying.

As we found out in Las Vegas. Yes you can be educated, smart, financially successful, crazy and evil ~ all at the very same time.

-- Donald Trump

Oh well, who knows.
Obviously the term "fake news"

But he didn't claim to have coined "fake news." "Fake" is the term he claims to have instituted.

But calling Trump a liar is a little problematic for me.

Well, as goes his remark about "fake," I'm not calling him a liar. I'm calling him "stupid," "ignorant," and "arrogant," -- but "liar," in this instance isn't what I'm calling him. To me, being wrong is not the same as being a liar.

-- Donald Trump

Oh well, who knows.
I hate this defense of trump. No he doesn't believe it. Yes he knows he's lying.

As we found out in Las Vegas. Yes you can be educated, smart, financially successful, crazy and evil ~ all at the very same time.
One can, but Trump isn't all of those things.

Forum List

Back