Trump: Bush lied about reason for invading Iraq

I just want to say this :
If Bush lied, so did bill Clinton and hundreds of other people. Lets not forget CLinton bombed the shit out of them in the late 90s because they wouldn't cooperate with UN weapon inspectors. Bush had information given to him..
We shouldn't forget that history didn't start in 2000 and there were talks of war since after the Gulf War. Revisionism helps no one.
Also, saying 9-11 was the Presidents fault is partisan bullshit.
Do you have any idea how many threats our govt get a DAY? If they went after every threat, we wouldn't be able to go to work without letting big brother know.
How much freedom are you willing to trade for a false sense of security?
Clinton was satisfied with using sanctions and no fly zones to contain Saddam for eight years...it worked

Only Bush was dumb enough to invade. Even his father knew better

Who was/is the biggest threat to the US?

Saddam
Mubarak
Qadaffi
Assad
Kohmeni
None of them. The North Korean Kims, whom Bush ignored, allowing them to go nuclear.

Bush ignored them? ha!

Clinton gave them everything they needed, under the cover of their cooperating with other countries by not pursuing nuclear weapons, while secretly doing just that!

TrumpWinsSCDebate_zpsee3goqz4.jpg

Also, using G.W. to attack Jeb made no sense. Jeb wasn't president on 9/11 or during the Iraq invasion.
Made total sense, Jeb agreed it was the right thing to do (invade Iraq). Took him a week and someone to tell him to say it wasn't such a good idea.

That was not the way the question was phrased. Try again!

Actually, he said, "They lied"

Dunno if anyone lied. Do know, many used false info to make a point. Whether they knew it to be false at the time, is not known.

However, chemical weapons were found in Iraq.
Cheney definitely lied when he said unequivocally that Atta had met with Iraqi government officials in Germany. Also:

Vice President Dick Cheney had told Meet the Press on December 9, 2001, that Iraq was harboring Abdul Rahman Yasin, a suspect in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing,[14] and repeated the statement in another appearance on September 14, 2003, saying "We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaida that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example, on BW and CW, that al-Qaida sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems that are involved. The Iraqis providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the al-Qaida organization. We know, for example, in connection with the original World Trade Center bombing in '93 that one of the bombers was Iraqi, returned to Iraq after the attack of '93. And we’ve learned subsequent to that, since we went into Baghdad and got into the intelligence files, that this individual probably also received financing from the Iraqi government as well as safe haven."[15] and once again in an interview with National Public Radio in January, 2004, stating that there had been "overwhelming evidence" of a relationship between Saddam and al-Qaeda based on evidence including Iraq's purported harboring of Yasin.[16]

In the same Meet the Press interviews, Cheney implied a connection between Iraq and Mohamed Atta; "The Czech interior minister said today that an Iraqi intelligence officer met with Mohammed Atta, one of the ringleaders of the September 11 terrorists attacks on the United States, just five months before the synchronized hijackings and mass killings were carried out."[14] and "With respect to 9/11, of course, we’ve had the story that’s been public out there. The Czechs alleged that Mohamed Atta, the lead attacker, met in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence official five months before the attack, but we’ve never been able to develop any more of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don’t know."[15] Czech officials have since backed off of this claim, and even Cheney has since acknowledged that the notion "that the meeting ever took place" has been "pretty well knocked down now."[17] (See Mohamed Atta's alleged Prague connection.)
Another lie:
And for any analysts unclear on what the administration wanted to hear, Vice President Dick Cheney, whom several Bush officials told me was not as smart as the president, made sure they got the message on August 26, 2002, when he delivered a public speech that had not been vetted by the White House or cleared by Bush. “There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction,’’ he said. “There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies and against us.”

The clear message to the worker bees at the CIA: The White House knew Saddam had the weapons. Disagree at peril to your career.​

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/05/29/dick-cheneys-biggest-lie-333097.html

Let me educate you and maybe you will not be such a liberal hack!

If I tell you that Michelle Obama is really a transgender man and that the Obama kids are adopted, I would be lying. Now, you being a gullible liberal swallow that lie, hook, line and sinker, and then proceed to act on that lie by repeating it, would you be a liar or simply someone who was led astray by a very convincing argument that I made?

If you consider yourself to be a liar, through no fault of your own, then you would be consistent in calling Cheney a liar. The intelligence he received was that information was true.

If you don't consider yourself a liar, how can you hold someone else accountable for acting on bad intelligence information?

I disagree. The entire Bush Admin lied. They knew the intel was spurious. They wanted a war and they made the data fit. We were sold a line of bullshit. Wake up!!

What I never understood was; they found WMD's. Which, were the ones they were looking for. MOST of them, rather..
But the WMDs were ours..
Maybe you people should be looking at the BIG picture..
Its not Bush. Its not Clinton. Its the American Federal Government.
Quit voting for anti-American politicians enveloped in greed and corruption.
Bullshit

Bush told the world they had an active WMD program. We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud......powerful words
He did not say he needed to invade because of some rusting 20 year old stockpiles

Trump's entire strategy is to continually cause mini controversies, continually sucking the air out of the room and making the media scurry around talking about his latest "fumble". It keeps all the attention off of his own history, his own lack of details, his own ridiculous campaign.

But you know what the sumbitch did to me?

His take on the Iraq war, 9/11 and who is to blame for the current ME mess IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE SAID AND BELIEVE for a long time.

The sumbitch better quit making sense or I am gonna listen to him more.

Dunno if anyone lied. Do know, many used false info to make a point. Whether they knew it to be false at the time, is not known.

Cheney definitely lied when he said unequivocally that Atta had met with Iraqi government officials in Germany. Also:

Vice President Dick Cheney had told Meet the Press on December 9, 2001, that Iraq was harboring Abdul Rahman Yasin, a suspect in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing,[14] and repeated the statement in another appearance on September 14, 2003, saying "We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaida that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example, on BW and CW, that al-Qaida sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems that are involved. The Iraqis providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the al-Qaida organization. We know, for example, in connection with the original World Trade Center bombing in '93 that one of the bombers was Iraqi, returned to Iraq after the attack of '93. And we’ve learned subsequent to that, since we went into Baghdad and got into the intelligence files, that this individual probably also received financing from the Iraqi government as well as safe haven."[15] and once again in an interview with National Public Radio in January, 2004, stating that there had been "overwhelming evidence" of a relationship between Saddam and al-Qaeda based on evidence including Iraq's purported harboring of Yasin.[16]

In the same Meet the Press interviews, Cheney implied a connection between Iraq and Mohamed Atta; "The Czech interior minister said today that an Iraqi intelligence officer met with Mohammed Atta, one of the ringleaders of the September 11 terrorists attacks on the United States, just five months before the synchronized hijackings and mass killings were carried out."[14] and "With respect to 9/11, of course, we’ve had the story that’s been public out there. The Czechs alleged that Mohamed Atta, the lead attacker, met in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence official five months before the attack, but we’ve never been able to develop any more of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don’t know."[15] Czech officials have since backed off of this claim, and even Cheney has since acknowledged that the notion "that the meeting ever took place" has been "pretty well knocked down now."[17] (See Mohamed Atta's alleged Prague connection.)
Another lie:
And for any analysts unclear on what the administration wanted to hear, Vice President Dick Cheney, whom several Bush officials told me was not as smart as the president, made sure they got the message on August 26, 2002, when he delivered a public speech that had not been vetted by the White House or cleared by Bush. “There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction,’’ he said. “There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies and against us.”

The clear message to the worker bees at the CIA: The White House knew Saddam had the weapons. Disagree at peril to your career.​

If I tell you that Michelle Obama is really a transgender man and that the Obama kids are adopted, I would be lying. Now, you being a gullible liberal swallow that lie, hook, line and sinker, and then proceed to act on that lie by repeating it, would you be a liar or simply someone who was led astray by a very convincing argument that I made?

If you consider yourself to be a liar, through no fault of your own, then you would be consistent in calling Cheney a liar. The intelligence he received was that information was true.

If you don't consider yourself a liar, how can you hold someone else accountable for acting on bad intelligence information?

I disagree. The entire Bush Admin lied. They knew the intel was spurious. They wanted a war and they made the data fit. We were sold a line of bullshit. Wake up!!

That statement is not true and you know very well that is was not true, so why lie about it? Why are you doing the same thing you accuse the Bush administration of doing?

Another lie:

Because they are responsible for making the wrong choice. They took a gamble using information that was tenuous at best.They exercised no good judgement whatsoever. They were wrong and created a multi generational global shitstorm of epic proportions. They in no way get a pass because of " bad Intel". It was their bad judgement that did it.

What I never understood was; they found WMD's. Which, were the ones they were looking for. MOST of them, rather..
But the WMDs were ours..
Maybe you people should be looking at the BIG picture..
Its not Bush. Its not Clinton. Its the American Federal Government.
Quit voting for anti-American politicians enveloped in greed and corruption.
Bullshit

Bush told the world they had an active WMD program. We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud......powerful words
He did not say he needed to invade because of some rusting 20 year old stockpiles
Then why was CLinton so gung ho for it? Please answer without revisionist, partisan bullshit. Thanks!

The problem is with your credibility. You are making a wild claim that was debunked a decade ago and using a source that actually disagrees with your claim that these weapons you keep talking about were viable operational weapons. You just keep calling them viable and ignoring the operational definition. You can find ingredients to make dirty bombs just about anywhere. Some ingredients were found in Iraq. Some can also be found in hardware stores and even grocery stores.
You claim to be chemist and expert on chemical weapons. If that were true you would know that it is not the actual ingredients that present the greatest danger, it is the weaponization that causes the dispersal of those ingredients. An exposure that causes illness and injury months or years after the exposure is not the result of an operational weapon.

Whomever you are adressing they must be among the Repub-voters who drank the neocon kool aid and are reduced to being vietraq apologists. Sad for them but even sadder for our servicemen & their families.

I just want to say this :
If Bush lied, so did bill Clinton and hundreds of other people. Lets not forget CLinton bombed the shit out of them in the late 90s because they wouldn't cooperate with UN weapon inspectors. Bush had information given to him..
We shouldn't forget that history didn't start in 2000 and there were talks of war since after the Gulf War. Revisionism helps no one.
Also, saying 9-11 was the Presidents fault is partisan bullshit.
Do you have any idea how many threats our govt get a DAY? If they went after every threat, we wouldn't be able to go to work without letting big brother know.
How much freedom are you willing to trade for a false sense of security?
Clinton was satisfied with using sanctions and no fly zones to contain Saddam for eight years...it worked

Only Bush was dumb enough to invade. Even his father knew better
Here hack boy
Transcript: President Clinton explains Iraq strike - December 16, 1998
Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.
Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.
Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.
I want to explain why I have decided, with the unanimous recommendation of my national security team, to use force in Iraq; why we have acted now; and what we aim to accomplish.
Six weeks ago, Saddam Hussein announced that he would no longer cooperate with the United Nations weapons inspectors called UNSCOM. They are highly professional experts from dozens of countries. Their job is to oversee the elimination of Iraq's capability to retain, create and use weapons of mass destruction, and to verify that Iraq does not attempt to rebuild that capability.
---
Rest at link. Not like you give a fuck..

What are Toro, TNHarley, Si Modo, etc doing in my thread? What is this? Take your kids to work day? Go back to the lobby/coffee shop!!!

As to the OP, yeah- the leading Repub contender as have most of the others, finally, FINALLY admitted to their lies.

The Great Iraq Mistake

Add to that what the leading Repub said last night and yeah, the 4,500 deaths were avoidable. Halliburton, Blackwater, United Technologies, etc... stocks went up however :)

Take a look at what haliburtons stock did during and after the war. Take alook.
Odd that their former employee was VP as well :eusa_think:
Who, in the mid-1990s, made a $50 million deal with Saddam for oil services.

So, Cheney went from calling Saddam a murderous tyrant who needed to go, to making million dollar deals with him, to calling Saddam a murderous tyrant who needed to go.

I don't know. It is your fantasy. Why don't you provide some back up for your wet dreams?

What are Toro, TNHarley, Si Modo, etc doing in my thread? What is this? Take your kids to work day? Go back to the lobby/coffee shop!!!

As to the OP, yeah- the leading Repub contender as have most of the others, finally, FINALLY admitted to their lies.
retarded-boy.gif

The old weapons were completely usable; the purpose of a chemical weapon is to kill people. The old weapons could do just that quite effectively.

Still going with the bullshit that Bush was looking for an old old stockpile of weapons eh? And he just forgot to tell the American people that these were old weapons of dubious abilities but we MUST invade Iraq, get some fine American men and women maimed and killed and spend a few trillions to find these old chemical weapons.

Couldnt we have just offered to give anybody who found them a million dollars a shell and saved a lot of money and lives?

And what does a mushroom cloud mean.

I remeber the great ominus threat that was purposed by Bush about Iraq that a mushroom cloud could be what we saw over American cities. (if we didnt invade) You remember that claim?

Do old chemical weapons make mushroom clouds? You know your chemistry. How about nuclear physcis.

Whats a mushroom cloud created by and why was Bush talking about them?
And why didnt we find them nukes?

Trump is full of shit on this...he is being a politician...it's more dangerous than a Zika mosquito.

Millions of REPUBLICANS support Trump in blaming Bush for 9-11 and Iraq
Names please.
Start with New Hampshire, then look at Trumps lead in the polls

Millions of Republicans support Trump and Trump believes Bush botched both 9-11 AND Iraq
You have no way of knowing why they support trump. It's a to Obama..not anti bush.

Shit.....if a Democratic candidate told me Obama was responsible for 9-11, I wouldn't support him

Millions of Republicans flock to Trump as their savior

After suffering under Obama for 7 years, even Bozo the Clown would look like a savior.

Who was/is the biggest threat to the US?

Saddam
Mubarak
Qadaffi
Assad
Kohmeni
None of them. The North Korean Kims, whom Bush ignored, allowing them to go nuclear.
So Obabble is at least three times as stupid as Bush. Thank you!
What does Obama have to do with Bush ignoring North Korea?

What would you have had him do? You had no idea anything was going on their either!

Forum List

Back