Trump: Bush lied about reason for invading Iraq

How can millions of Republicans support a candidate who believes Bush was responsible for 9-11 and blundered in Iraq?

Looks like the party is crumbling and no longer believing the lies they have been told for twelve years

It's his opinion he is welcome to his opinion. The real reason is that the democrats have given no one a choice.

The real question becomes, how can the left support Mrs. Bosnia Clinton who said the same things as GWB and actually voted for war and voted to fund that war? How? Hypocrites?

Tell me how she can outright lie, as in the following link, and yet the left wing can't come up with someone a least a little bit younger and a lot more honest?

Trumps opinion is that Bush was responsible for 9-11 and that Bush's decision to invade Iraq was a disaster.......millions of Republicans support him

How can millions of Republicans support a candidate who believes Bush was responsible for 9-11 and blundered in Iraq?

Looks like the party is crumbling and no longer believing the lies they have been told for twelve years

It's his opinion he is welcome to his opinion. The real reason is that the democrats have given no one a choice.

The real question becomes, how can the left support Mrs. Bosnia Clinton who said the same things as GWB and actually voted for war and voted to fund that war? How? Hypocrites?

Tell me how she can outright lie, as in the following link, and yet the left wing can't come up with someone a least a little bit younger and a lot more honest?

Trumps opinion is that Bush was responsible for 9-11 and that Bush's decision to invade Iraq was a disaster.......millions of Republicans support him

Unfortunately, the alternative is much worse. Besides I would need to read what he actually said. Not that I can't count on the left wing to convey what he said, butttt....the left wing supports the lying Mrs. Bosnia Clinton and we all know she lies.

ON EDIT: I went and read his words, he is an asshole, I now have no one to vote for. Mrs. Bosnia Clinton is a confirmed liar and Trump is an idiot.

So I need to forget about Rubio skipping the budget vote or work for Kasich. Or more likely, not vote at all. But not voting means Mrs. Bosnia Clinton more or less gets a vote. So I will vote and it won't be for a proven liar.

Last edited:
But, loads of WMDs were found in Iraq.

Old, degraded munitions. The Bush administration fully expected to find those. That's why even they wouldn't announce finding them as a success.
Mustard may degrade some, still can kill.

Bicomponent won't degrade, still can kill.

I'm making no comment on success or failure. I am saying chemical weapons - thousands - were found in Iraq and they are able to kill.

Take a look at what haliburtons stock did during and after the war. Take alook.
Odd that their former employee was VP as well :eusa_think:

Former SecDef then moved to CEO of one of the largest defense firms who later became VP and arguably the main proponent of action against Iraq. I wonder why Haliburton was the only firm to get ALL of the no- bid contracts? Total conflict of interest if not straight up shady.

they're WAAAY LATE however.

Also, using G.W. to attack Jeb made no sense. Jeb wasn't president on 9/11 or during the Iraq invasion.
Sooo..... you didn't hear the deabte? Jeb! said his brother "kept us safe" :bsflag: I know right? :coffee:T3h Donald pointed-out that 9/11 happened on well 9/11- W's watch. They were asleep at the wheel despite being given info relating to it as is known.

Still, WMDs were found in Iraq.

Not the stockpiles like Collin Powell said there would be. Those wmds found were decades old and not new by any means as the bush administration had said. It is funny watching revisionists try and support Ws blunders.
they've been doing it since 2003, shame on them given the unnecessary casualties, and only started saying they were lying as well after the last election. Republicans = domestic North Koreans
^ that can't be said enough.

I just want to say this :
If Bush lied, so did bill Clinton and hundreds of other people. Lets not forget CLinton bombed the shit out of them in the late 90s because they wouldn't cooperate with UN weapon inspectors. Bush had information given to him..
We shouldn't forget that history didn't start in 2000 and there were talks of war since after the Gulf War. Revisionism helps no one.
Also, saying 9-11 was the Presidents fault is partisan bullshit.
Do you have any idea how many threats our govt get a DAY? If they went after every threat, we wouldn't be able to go to work without letting big brother know.
How much freedom are you willing to trade for a false sense of security?

This is a pathetic myth, and I'm surprised that Trump repeated it. Even Oliver Stone admits that Bush was furious when it became clear that there were no WMDs in Iraq, and that Bush demanded to know why the CIA and the DoD claimed there were WMDs.

Now, I certainly believe that certain Bush administration officials and some folks in the CIA and the DoD knew or suspected that the WMD case was either doubtful or false, but the evidence is clear that Bush sincerely believed the WMD case and was very upset when it turned out to be false.
But WMDs were found in Iraq.

Technically, yes, but not the type or amount that had been claimed was there. The nuke stuff was fiction, and certain people around Bush knew or suspected as much, and some folks in the CIA and DoD had to know that the "evidence" was flimsy at best.

Bush is guilty of being a dopey rube who's awful judgement screwed us for generations.

This is a pathetic myth, and I'm surprised that Trump repeated it. Even Oliver Stone admits that Bush was furious when it became clear that there were no WMDs in Iraq, and that Bush demanded to know why the CIA and the DoD claimed there were WMDs.

Now, I certainly believe that certain Bush administration officials and some folks in the CIA and the DoD knew or suspected that the WMD case was either doubtful or false, but the evidence is clear that Bush sincerely believed the WMD case and was very upset when it turned out to be false.
But WMDs were found in Iraq.

Technically, yes, but not the type or amount that had been claimed was there. The nuke stuff was fiction, and certain people around Bush knew or suspected as much, and some folks in the CIA and DoD had to know that the "evidence" was flimsy at best.

Bush is guilty of being a dopey rube who's awful judgement screwed us for generations.
he let his VP have too much power as well as peopling his cabinet & the pentagon (Douglas Feith) w/ creepy neocons

He did lie. And Trump has always called him out on that. Another big reason i support him.

Trump says George W. Bush ‘lied’ to get U.S. into Iraq

I agree w/ him

Any Trump- supporters care to chime-in, agreeing? I don't expect this thread to have many responses given all Trump-supporters on this forum are rw'ers
I'm no rw'er however I'm a Trump supporter and I'm glad he had the balls to speak the truth. Bush lied and destabilized the entire region. What we have now is because of his policies. This is just one of the many reasons I support Trump, he's not afraid to attack things that are fucked up even if its against the parties best interest. Truth is truth.

For me, it was painful to hear the truth about Iraq. "W", and the whole Iraqi war buildup. I was for the war. I believed that Saddam had the WMD's the Colin Powell warned us about. I believed that we were "doing the right thing" by "liberating" the Iraqi people. I believed the US government was telling the American people and the world the truth.

I was wrong. We were lied to, and it was a huge blunder. One that history will look upon as a gross dereliction of duty. They had no WMD's. We did not make America safer,. We did not "liberate" the Iraqi people. What we did was destroy the stability of the region and have now created a massive humanitarian crisis that may destroy all of Europe.

No other Republican has the courage to state the obvious facts. . . We need to flush the "neoconservative" legacy down the toilet, permanently. That is exactly what Trump will do

Actually, he said, "They lied"

Dunno if anyone lied. Do know, many used false info to make a point. Whether they knew it to be false at the time, is not known.

However, chemical weapons were found in Iraq.
Cheney definitely lied when he said unequivocally that Atta had met with Iraqi government officials in Germany. Also:

Vice President Dick Cheney had told Meet the Press on December 9, 2001, that Iraq was harboring Abdul Rahman Yasin, a suspect in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing,[14] and repeated the statement in another appearance on September 14, 2003, saying "We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaida that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example, on BW and CW, that al-Qaida sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems that are involved. The Iraqis providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the al-Qaida organization. We know, for example, in connection with the original World Trade Center bombing in '93 that one of the bombers was Iraqi, returned to Iraq after the attack of '93. And we’ve learned subsequent to that, since we went into Baghdad and got into the intelligence files, that this individual probably also received financing from the Iraqi government as well as safe haven."[15] and once again in an interview with National Public Radio in January, 2004, stating that there had been "overwhelming evidence" of a relationship between Saddam and al-Qaeda based on evidence including Iraq's purported harboring of Yasin.[16]

In the same Meet the Press interviews, Cheney implied a connection between Iraq and Mohamed Atta; "The Czech interior minister said today that an Iraqi intelligence officer met with Mohammed Atta, one of the ringleaders of the September 11 terrorists attacks on the United States, just five months before the synchronized hijackings and mass killings were carried out."[14] and "With respect to 9/11, of course, we’ve had the story that’s been public out there. The Czechs alleged that Mohamed Atta, the lead attacker, met in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence official five months before the attack, but we’ve never been able to develop any more of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don’t know."[15] Czech officials have since backed off of this claim, and even Cheney has since acknowledged that the notion "that the meeting ever took place" has been "pretty well knocked down now."[17] (See Mohamed Atta's alleged Prague connection.)
Another lie:
And for any analysts unclear on what the administration wanted to hear, Vice President Dick Cheney, whom several Bush officials told me was not as smart as the president, made sure they got the message on August 26, 2002, when he delivered a public speech that had not been vetted by the White House or cleared by Bush. “There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction,’’ he said. “There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies and against us.”

The clear message to the worker bees at the CIA: The White House knew Saddam had the weapons. Disagree at peril to your career.​

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/05/29/dick-cheneys-biggest-lie-333097.html

Let me educate you and maybe you will not be such a liberal hack!

If I tell you that Michelle Obama is really a transgender man and that the Obama kids are adopted, I would be lying. Now, you being a gullible liberal swallow that lie, hook, line and sinker, and then proceed to act on that lie by repeating it, would you be a liar or simply someone who was led astray by a very convincing argument that I made?

If you consider yourself to be a liar, through no fault of your own, then you would be consistent in calling Cheney a liar. The intelligence he received was that information was true.

If you don't consider yourself a liar, how can you hold someone else accountable for acting on bad intelligence information?

What I never understood was; they found WMD's. Which, were the ones they were looking for. MOST of them, rather..
But the WMDs were ours..
Maybe you people should be looking at the BIG picture..
Its not Bush. Its not Clinton. Its the American Federal Government.
Quit voting for anti-American politicians enveloped in greed and corruption.

Forum List

Back