Traylon Martin mother files for trademark on his name

you really are being a jerk....nowhere in that link that you gave stated that the mom was going to SELL the cd's t shirts etc....

WHY LIE ABOUT IT?

WHY, what is YOUR MOTIVE?

your link said she trademarked it, which could equally mean that SHE then has control over what OTHER people were TRYING to do with her son's name....

NO WHERE in your link does it say she did this to make money off of it, or that she was going to produce cds or tshirts to profit.

SHAME ON YOU!

a requirement for filing a trade mark in the USA:

"Intent to Use: The applicant has a bona fide intention to use or use through the applicant's related company or licensee the mark in commerce on or in connection with the identified goods and/or services. (15 U.S.C. Section 1051(b))."
ok, fine....

it doesn't say when...

keith obermann trademarked ''Countdown'', didn't use it himself for a few years i believe, but then when he booted from msnbc, they tried to continue the ''countdown'' show, his trademark stopped them from doing it....he got to keep the ''countdown'' name for himself....

the law says when the applicant has to prove use, otherwise the trade mark will not be registered.

on the other hand, you have to declare intent to use if you want to get past the first formal examination.

it could be that this is a defensive application.

Um...did it ever occur to you asshats that she's doing it to PREVENT someone else from profitting off the death of her child?

Probably not.
It's not like you have empathy for a killed kid or his family or anything.
Or human emotions.

It did occur to me..... which is why I already posted that, in my opinion, she is doing the right thing.

Um...did it ever occur to you asshats that she's doing it to PREVENT someone else from profitting off the death of her child?

Probably not.
It's not like you have empathy for a killed kid or his family or anything.
Or human emotions.

If you bothered reading the thread, you would realize that yes, yes it did occur to people.

Did it ever occur to you to read what others have said before you say something?

Zimmerman called Martin a fucking coon

I'm not calling you a liar, but that's a lie started by CNN. Zimmerman said 'punks'. Just a fact.

Punk doesnt sound like coon. You can pull it up and post it. Dont believe your lying ears?

The power of two-timing Jessie, Fasting Al, et al is keeping the racial hatred alive and tunneling fear into their burgeoning bank accounts.

Sad part is, she's a mother, her grief is real. Nothing can bring her dead son back to life.

Unfortunately, the young man's private life was likely hidden from her and was too much of a shock to learn her son attacked a man known for giving druggies a hard time.

I think Sharp, Jackson, et al, should pack their bags and go back home. The force is not with them in this instance.

Just sayin. :eusa_whistle:

Zimmerman called Martin a fucking coon...but three weeks later, it's Al who is making this about race. riiiiiight

CC, why do you feel you need to make up nonsense to prove your point?

I seen pictures of both of his parents, they do seem appropriately distraught.

Personal injury attorneys can tell you how many times black and latino parents call them before the body has been removed asking for a bid on a wrongful death case and how much will the advance be.

Sad commentary.

I'd like to know which attorney out there would be willing to go sue the Black Panthers for copyright infringement.

Here we have a tragedy with a young kid getting killed and what does the mother do?

File trademark rights for his name so she can cash in.

Now we know why Al, Jesse and all the lawyers came down.

Makes me want to puke.
Man. Think of the money the owner of the first Shameeka could have made !:eusa_shifty:

I'd like to know which attorney out there would be willing to go sue the Black Panthers for copyright infringement.

on the basis of a not yet registered trademark?

probably orly taitz.
:rofl: Well played, sir! :clap2:

She has had her attorney file the paperwork already though. Unless I'm mistaken (and I may well be), I believe the copyright is effective upon filing.

this is going to be a trade mark, which is a different kind of intellectual property right than copyright.

protection of the trade mark in question starts with registration, not filing.

on the basis of a not yet registered trademark?

probably orly taitz.
:rofl: Well played, sir! :clap2:

She has had her attorney file the paperwork already though. Unless I'm mistaken (and I may well be), I believe the copyright is effective upon filing.

this is going to be a trade mark, which is a different kind of intellectual property right than copyright.

protection of the trade mark in question starts with registration, not filing.
Very well, I stand corrected. :redface:

I feel for the family as they lost a son.
Could not imagine how that feels.
How many families out there do this after they lost a child?
.0001% if that.

.0001% if that.

Not many families have to deal with the posiblity of thier dead son's name being exploited for monetary gain, also.

.0001% if that.
The problem I'm having with all of this is that I want to draw a conclusion that they're being selfish pricks, but then there's that part of me that thinks what you've said. How would I react if, rightly or wrongly, my child had been shot to death and it was on the national news?

May none of us ever have to find out first-hand.

Forum List

Back