Traylon Martin mother files for trademark on his name

Sorry bout that,

1. This is just sleazy, and dirty, how could she hope to profit off her dead sons name?:evil:
2. I think she must be freaking mentally deranged?:cuckoo:
3. Who in their right mind could do such a thing?:cuckoo:
4. She is all upset I am sure about that, but how does money remove her pain?:redface:
5. How does marketing her dead son as a product going to make her feel better about this?:doubt:
6. Is this her way to unmask her anger about white people?:evil:
7. She is going to thrust her son down every white person throat with having us all look at a t-shirt or listen to her rap about her dead son on some crap rap CD, with his name on it?
8. Is she turning into a profiteer, after losing her so much loved son, who has died, just in time for her to become rich off his memory?
9. Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks | The Smoking Gun''

"MARCH 26--The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late son’s name, records show.

Sybrina Fulton is seeking marks for the phrases “I Am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon,” according to filings made last week with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In both instances, Fulton, 46, is seeking the trademarks for use on “Digital materials, namely, CDs and DVDs featuring Trayvon Martin,” and other products."

10. I hope they refuse her TradeMark, which she has no grounds to have one on a dead son.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
I kind of hope they do find out that her son started the fight and Zimmerman was only fighting for his life....when you see things like this it just makes you go hmmmmmm. Doing something like this would be the LAST thing on my mind if i lost my son like she did. I heard a black commentator last night really bashing Sharpton for what he's doing with this story...which is disgraceful. If they find Zimmerman killed him in cold blood, then he should be put to death himself. But all they're doing is hampering the police from getting all the information they need, and i think this is the plan. Wonder what they'll do if it's decided that Zimmerman was only protecting himself??? Probably riots.....

It may mean she gets control of her son's name.
In the sense that people may want it to use it to forward their agenda.
If that were tried she would have to give consent on how her son's name gets used.

This might not be a bad idea...
I will believe that is her intent until I see or hear otherwise.

As I have worked many a trademark patent case over the years you make an excellent point.
But this is about selling hats and T shirts and catch phrases for CDs and such.
Go and read the application.
Of course it is not a bad idea if you are looking to make $$$.
As the law firm that is "reprsenting" the family paid all the fees.
They were hired by Sharpton team.
Can't you see that the more publicity they get the more hats and T shirts they sell?
That is what all the publicity is, NOT for justice in any of this.
It is to ignite the Trayvon mania for monetary gain.
Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see this one clearly.

And it makes one wonder if these publicity seeking whores were the ones that leaked the info that Martin was suspended for 10 days for marijuana use at school.
That flamed the fire more and they love that.
To me that is a non issue in this case. A kid his age in minor trouble? Sort of makes Trayvon normal.

Here we have a tragedy with a young kid getting killed and what does the mother do?

File trademark rights for his name so she can cash in.

Now we know why Al, Jesse and all the lawyers came down.

Makes me want to puke.

I did a search and all it did was link me back to this thread.

you got a link that shows she's doing this?

Um...did it ever occur to you asshats that she's doing it to PREVENT someone else from profitting off the death of her child?

Probably not.
It's not like you have empathy for a killed kid or his family or anything.
Or human emotions.

Here we have a tragedy with a young kid getting killed and what does the mother do?

Makes me want to puke.

two basic word trademark have been applied for.

"i am trayvon" and "justice for trayvon".

goods and services: digital material.

no t-shirts.

you can look it up at the USPTO web site

Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS)

If that were tried she would have to give consent on how her son's name gets used.

As I have worked many a trademark patent case over the years you make an excellent point.
Can't you see that the more publicity they get the more hats and T shirts they sell?
you really are being a jerk....nowhere in that link that you gave stated that the mom was going to SELL the cd's t shirts etc....

WHY LIE ABOUT IT?

WHY, what is YOUR MOTIVE?

your link said she trademarked it, which could equally mean that SHE then has control over what OTHER people were TRYING to do with her son's name....

NO WHERE in your link does it say she did this to make money off of it, or that she was going to produce cds or tshirts to profit.

SHAME ON YOU!

The state is afraid that Zimmerman will have to be found guilty. It doesn't matter because even if he is, there will be a federal trial after that, double jeopardy is now pretty much of a joke.

I don't see why this story even still has life. This shit happens EVERY DAY here in America, and worse. Where's all the faux outrage over that?

Damn people... give it a rest or find a story about something that happened TODAY.

The power of two-timing Jessie, Fasting Al, et al is keeping the racial hatred alive and tunneling fear into their burgeoning bank accounts.

Sad part is, she's a mother, her grief is real. Nothing can bring her dead son back to life.

Unfortunately, the young man's private life was likely hidden from her and was too much of a shock to learn her son attacked a man known for giving druggies a hard time.

I think Sharp, Jackson, et al, should pack their bags and go back home. The force is not with them in this instance.

Just sayin. :eusa_whistle:

Zimmerman called Martin a fucking coon...but three weeks later, it's Al who is making this about race. riiiiiight

Makes me want to puke.

no t-shirts.

Hoodies?

and you have some proof that her lawyers filed these trademarks so she could profit off of her son's death instead of protecting her family and son's name from the exploitation and abuses of others?

Sheesh, talk about jumping to conclusions so to support what you ALREADY think....

sad human beings

you really are being a jerk....nowhere in that link that you gave stated that the mom was going to SELL the cd's t shirts etc....

WHY LIE ABOUT IT?

your link said she trademarked it, which could equally mean that SHE then has control over what OTHER people were TRYING to do with her son's name....

NO WHERE in your link does it say she did this to make money off of it, or that she was going to produce cds or tshirts to profit.

SHAME ON YOU!

a requirement for filing a trade mark in the USA:

"Intent to Use: The applicant has a bona fide intention to use or use through the applicant's related company or licensee the mark in commerce on or in connection with the identified goods and/or services. (15 U.S.C. Section 1051(b))."

no t-shirts.

Hoodies?

nope, only digital material. class 9 of nice classification.

Zimmerman called Martin a fucking coon

I'm not calling you a liar, but that's a lie started by CNN. Zimmerman said 'punks'. Just a fact.

As to the angelic child-martyr of the left, the person most responsible for giving BHO a shot at the white house again,

Here's some facts for you that the media seems not-so-excited about getting out just yet. We'll see

From today's Miami Herald --

Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin

The Miami Gardens teen who has become a national symbol of racial injustice was suspended three times, and had a spotty school record that his family’s attorneys say is irrelevant to the facts that led up to his being gunned down on Feb. 26.

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana, which he called “irrelevant” and an attempt to demonize a victim.

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” he responded, according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

Ed:
Right. I've NEVER heard that one before. Never. :eusa_liar:

WHY LIE ABOUT IT?

SHAME ON YOU!

a requirement for filing a trade mark in the USA:

"Intent to Use: The applicant has a bona fide intention to use or use through the applicant's related company or licensee the mark in commerce on or in connection with the identified goods and/or services. (15 U.S.C. Section 1051(b))."
ok, fine....

it doesn't say when...

keith obermann trademarked ''Countdown'', didn't use it himself for a few years i believe, but then when he booted from msnbc, they tried to continue the ''countdown'' show, his trademark stopped them from doing it....he got to keep the ''countdown'' name for himself....

Forum List

Back