Traylon Martin mother files for trademark on his name

It may mean she gets control of her son's name.
In the sense that people may want it to use it to forward their agenda.
If that were tried she would have to give consent on how her son's name gets used.

This might not be a bad idea...
I will believe that is her intent until I see or hear otherwise.

... payout for a movie

If that were tried she would have to give consent on how her son's name gets used.

it's a good idea.

and that's exactly why it would be done.

Her having the rights to the kid's name won't stop anyone from using it.

They don't want to profit from it.....they want to win elections with it.

Perhaps Zimmerman should get a trademark on his face so he can get a cut of those racist t-shirts being sold out in Florida. The derogatory t-shirts bear racist remarks against whites and has Zimmerman's face.

The threats and elevated racist remarks from Black Panthers and other low life punks are an inappropriate response. Sometimes I think some like it when they find an excuse to start violence.

He can probably get a cut without a trademark for slander/libel and unlicensed use of his image.

Here we have a tragedy with a young kid getting killed and what does the mother do?

File trademark rights for his name so she can cash in.

Now we know why Al, Jesse and all the lawyers came down.

Makes me want to puke.

What evidence do you have that she's trying to cash in? More than likely she's trying to prevent other people from cashing in. This story is the kind of thing that often spurns rather prompt "the complete unauthorized biography" shit. Trademarking the name will prevent people from being able to do that.

Here we have a tragedy with a young kid getting killed and what does the mother do?

File trademark rights for his name so she can cash in.

Now we know why Al, Jesse and all the lawyers came down.

Makes me want to puke.

We know why Al, Jesse and all the lawyers came down. $$$ and photo ops. They don't care about facts and that woman never heard of a trademark until they came down.

Last edited:
I dont have a problem with this. It keeps other sharks out of the waters. Besides we are just one juicy story away from Traylon who. That might be the bigger tragedy.

May have been a wise move to prevent people from exploiting him. Of course, it may have been done with selfish intentions, but Im willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. She did just lose her son.

Waiting to see someone source the claim is what I'd do before making some ignorant reactionary statement. But we're different people.

Doesn't stop you from claiming Zimmerman is a murderer, now does it?

He is.

That is for a jury of his peers to decide, man. You are offering little more than emotional appeals here. Learn to detach yourself from your feelings when analyzing the news. Helps to keep you grounded.

it's a good idea.

and that's exactly why it would be done.

I agree. She should protect her son's name.... and this is, sadly, something that others will seek to profit from... She should be able to control that.

Forum List

Back