TNHarleys solution to the school shooting problem

The school area needs to be secure from entry. Armed guards alone aren't enough. They have to react to an active shooter to be effective. Stop the shooter from getting inside to begin with.

Use electronic ID badges as the first gate, then pass into an enclosed metal detection area. This area is under guard and that guard allows final access into the school. This guard is behind bullet proof glass with gun ports.

We better get rid of recess too.

We can make schools really secure and we won’t really win. We will have more church shootings, concert shootings, club shootings... Then I guess we need to secure all these other areas. Security everywhere sure doesn’t scream freedom to me.

Or we can do the right thing and regulate guns and magazines which are for mass killing. Regulating machine guns has worked well.

Wow, my post with Broomstick One just got censored....

My oh my are Hillary CULTISTS "sensitive..."

CNN equating Rubio to the shooter is par for the course of what passes for "truth" on CNN....

which is why only sick in the head Hillary "cultists" still pay any attention to CNN....
CNN didn't say it.

Jake Tapper is NOT CNN??? What am I missing here?
My point was, a student said it, and he prefaced the remark with "I know I'm not supposed to do this..."
Kid knew he was out of bounds. Short of putting the kid in timeout, what was Tapper supposed to do? Give him a tongue lashing and take away his cell phone for a week? It was a really shitty thing for the kid to say, and I'm sure he heard about it afterward from a lot of people. I watched CNN for at least an hour yesterday afternoon and didn't hear them obsessing on the remark at all. Fox did, though.

The school area needs to be secure from entry. Armed guards alone aren't enough. They have to react to an active shooter to be effective. Stop the shooter from getting inside to begin with.

Use electronic ID badges as the first gate, then pass into an enclosed metal detection area. This area is under guard and that guard allows final access into the school. This guard is behind bullet proof glass with gun ports.

We can make schools really secure and we won’t really win. We will have more church shootings, concert shootings, club shootings... Then I guess we need to secure all these other areas. Security everywhere sure doesn’t scream freedom to me.

Or we can do the right thing and regulate guns and magazines which are for mass killing. Regulating machine guns has worked well.
AND spend a lot of effort into preventing broken minds like Cruz's and strengthening law enforcement's ability to react BEFORE it's too late.

Wow, my post with Broomstick One just got censored....

My oh my are Hillary CULTISTS "sensitive..."
Want another one censored, LaDexter ? I'm told we can't use "flame only" in a post in politics. I got my post taken down for that. Wonder who reported it. This is a freebie, a PSA

And just to be safe, Brain's post "We need to get rid of recess, too" killed me. Recess is among my favorite memories of Grades 1-3. Dang. No, we gotta have gun control if the alternative is getting rid of recess.

Get outta here with your gun grabbing bullshit. This isnt the place

1. Actual security in schools. Armed guards and or trained and armed teachers.
2. Raise age to buy guns, enlist in military and vote to 21. Raising the age to buy guns sounds like a good idea. If we were to do that, being able to enlist our vote doesnt make much sense IMO.
3. Expand background checks to get OKd by local police. If it passes the fed check and the local police reject it, they should explain why, with evidence. There should also be a reasonable time limit on their part. Maybe 2 days?
4. This is the most important part. Sadly, its also the part that is least likely to happen. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. be a father. Be a mother. Parents need some damn responsibility and take care of and pay attention to their kids. Dont let medicine raise your kids, you straighten their ass out. Quit being a coward. Just because a child doesnt pay attention to everything, doesnt mean they need medicine. They need you. Obviously that isnt always the case but lets be real, ok?
I dont want to discuss you bedwetters wanting to take our guns. We didnt do anything wrong.
These are reasonable solutions, lets discuss these.
Do you like them? Want to tweak one? Have a REASONABLE one of your own?
Lets hear it.

To me, only number1 and 4 makes sense. 2 ? I don’t know. Would the age to buy legal weed go up to? If it’s 21 then I can get on bore with that. Back to number 4 though, I am with you that kids need parents. A single Mom can really kick ass though. Weather it’s mom and dad, dad, mom/dad and mom/dad all they have to do is be interested in their kids. Simply ask them what’s up. Be nosey. Privacy? Yeah right. Toss their rooms when they aren’t around and go through their shit. Copy all the contacts in their phone. You also have to let shit go, and pick your fights. Yeah, be a parent.

Look at Columbine. Both of those kids got guns pretty easily. And their parents largely ignored them. I had a gun in my hand by age 12. I could have it in my hand any time I wanted until I was 18. I never had the urge to shoot anyone because they made fun of my Walmart jeans. Honestly, we should figure out what it is that’s driving people to do the mass shootings. Most shooters have one thing in common, anti depressants. Maybe we should ban those?

2. Raise age to buy guns, enlist in military and vote to 21. Raising the age to buy guns sounds like a good idea. If we were to do that, being able to enlist our vote doesnt make much sense IMO.
3. Expand background checks to get OKd by local police. If it passes the fed check and the local police reject it, they should explain why, with evidence. There should also be a reasonable time limit on their part. Maybe 2 days?
4. This is the most important part. Sadly, its also the part that is least likely to happen. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. be a father. Be a mother. Parents need some damn responsibility and take care of and pay attention to their kids. Dont let medicine raise your kids, you straighten their ass out. Quit being a coward. Just because a child doesnt pay attention to everything, doesnt mean they need medicine. They need you. Obviously that isnt always the case but lets be real, ok?
I dont want to discuss you bedwetters wanting to take our guns. We didnt do anything wrong.
Lets hear it.

To me, only number1 and 4 makes sense. 2 ? I don’t know. Would the age to buy legal weed go up to? If it’s 21 then I can get on bore with that. Back to number 4 though, I am with you that kids need parents. A single Mom can really kick ass though. Weather it’s mom and dad, dad, mom/dad and mom/dad all they have to do is be interested in their kids. Simply ask them what’s up. Be nosey. Privacy? Yeah right. Toss their rooms when they aren’t around and go through their shit. Copy all the contacts in their phone. You also have to let shit go, and pick your fights. Yeah, be a parent.

Look at Columbine. Both of those kids got guns pretty easily. And their parents largely ignored them. I had a gun in my hand by age 12. I could have it in my hand any time I wanted until I was 18. I never had the urge to shoot anyone because they made fun of my Walmart jeans. Honestly, we should figure out what it is that’s driving people to do the mass shootings. Most shooters have one thing in common, anti depressants. Maybe we should ban those?
I swear, the stupid in this gun restriction story is fking amazing. Not that you did anything wrong in your post. Until such time, someone can say, that guys gonna go off his nut today, no form of any gun control will solve the problem. Nothing but psychic knowledge will do.

Anyone think that's doable? I thought so. what a waste of time, money and anger.

Lets hear it.

I swear, the stupid in this gun restriction story is fking amazing. Not that you did anything wrong in your post. Until such time, someone can say, that guys gonna go off his nut today, no form of any gun control will solve the problem. Nothing but psychic knowledge will do.

Sadly that’s true. Everyone will armchair quarterback the incident, then ban something, then the exact same thing happens again. Sure, a review of the gun situation in this country is needed. I do have to pass a vision test to get a drivers license. But no one ever looks at past the gun that was used when this happened.

Lets hear it.

Sadly that’s true. Everyone will armchair quarterback the incident, then ban something, then the exact same thing happens again. Sure, a review of the gun situation in this country is needed. I do have to pass a vision test to get a drivers license. But no one ever looks at past the gun that was used when this happened.
but dude, it has nothing to do with the gun. If there wasn't a gun there'd be a car, or a bomb or some other outlet. You seem to think mental illness is just mental illness. No, it isn't, it is so much more. It stays hidden until the day the pea pops. Not anyone knows that day on any human alive. you can have your eyes checked, your name taken all that shit, stay clean your entire existence until that one day all the sudden a pea pops. you don't know if it will be you or me or the others. nope, no one. to legislate nonsense is nonsense.

I'll push this until someone ultimately accepts this as the real reality.

Seems to me that a metal detector at the door would have stopped most of these shootings.

Yup. They have metal detectors at the front doors where I work and armed guards as well.

If you bring a gun or a knife in the front door you may well get shot.

They work well and every school should have them.

Lets hear it.

but dude, it has nothing to do with the gun. If there wasn't a gun there'd be a car, or a bomb or some other outlet. You seem to think mental illness is just mental illness. No, it isn't, it is so much more. It stays hidden until the day the pea pops. Not anyone knows that day on any human alive. you can have your eyes checked, your name taken all that shit, stay clean your entire existence until that one day all the sudden a pea pops. you don't know if it will be you or me or the others. nope, no one. to legislate nonsense is nonsense.

Yup. Check out the Cologne Catholic school massacre. Not one single projectile weapon, but they guy did build a flame thrower. They didn’t ban garden tools. But what would make a guy do that? That’s the question.

Seems to me that a metal detector at the door would have stopped most of these shootings.

Yup. They have metal detectors at the front doors where I work and armed guards as well.

If you bring a gun or a knife in the front door you may well get shot.

They work well and every school should have them.
you don't need that detector though if conceal and carry is in play!! no one will bring anything in. THAT IS JUST A FACT. The history of this is already known. they only end up in gun free zones. THAT's IT.

But why let facts get in the way of bullshit eh?

Last edited:
Lets hear it.

Yup. Check out the Cologne Catholic school massacre. Not one single projectile weapon, but they guy did build a flame thrower. They didn’t ban garden tools. But what would make a guy do that? That’s the question.
a question that will remain a question forever.

a question that will remain a question forever.

Yup. Because there are no union jobs or expensive metal detectors for rich people to get richer selling to schools.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0048LM2KS/?tag=ff0d01-20

Lets hear it.

Anyone think that's doable? I thought so. what a waste of time, money and anger.

Most of the mass shooters were on some kind of psych drugs.

Lets hear it.

dude, hilarious. anyone stomping their feet to stop psych drugs? that makes my point. thanks.

Lets hear it.
Number two is wrong in my opinion. We already coddle these kids too much. They need real world experience and consequences sooner not later. Maybe every 16 year old should spend two years in the military while finishing high school. Like a junior Army maybe.

Number 3 seems ripe for abuse.

Lets hear it.

dude, hilarious. anyone stomping their feet to stop psych drugs? that makes my point. thanks.

Nope. And notice how big pharma gets a pass here? Zero scrutiny, unless it’s dope.

Lets hear it.

Anti depressants for sure, but...Also single mother households. Those are an almost unanimous link. Between these events. Say what you like; personality aside... Single mothers suck. No doubt they love their kids; but love isn’t enough to properly raise a child. Especially in the early years. Every job, boyfriend, break up , and on, and on... Is a distraction from parenting, and a net loss to the child. Never fall for the bullshit lie that single mothers are “great”. If they were so great as people, and in the decisions they make; they wouldn’t be single mothers but for being widowed...

Forum List

Back