TNHarleys solution to the school shooting problem

The school area needs to be secure from entry. Armed guards alone aren't enough. They have to react to an active shooter to be effective. Stop the shooter from getting inside to begin with.

Use electronic ID badges as the first gate, then pass into an enclosed metal detection area. This area is under guard and that guard allows final access into the school. This guard is behind bullet proof glass with gun ports.
Are you going to do that at every exit?

All entry points. Half secured isn't secured at all. Exit only points can be differentiated by one way turnstiles for rapid volume exit. Armed security entry points would also have a main gate that the guard can actuate for evacuation purposes.

Also window entry must be dealt with. Windows would be barred with the teacher having a release code or key. You can't expect a shooter to follow the rules and only come through the gates, now can you?

1. Actual security in schools. Armed guards and or trained and armed teachers.
2. Raise age to buy guns, enlist in military and vote to 21. Raising the age to buy guns sounds like a good idea. If we were to do that, being able to enlist our vote doesnt make much sense IMO.
3. Expand background checks to get OKd by local police. If it passes the fed check and the local police reject it, they should explain why, with evidence. There should also be a reasonable time limit on their part. Maybe 2 days?
4. This is the most important part. Sadly, its also the part that is least likely to happen. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. be a father. Be a mother. Parents need some damn responsibility and take care of and pay attention to their kids. Dont let medicine raise your kids, you straighten their ass out. Quit being a coward. Just because a child doesnt pay attention to everything, doesnt mean they need medicine. They need you. Obviously that isnt always the case but lets be real, ok?
I dont want to discuss you bedwetters wanting to take our guns. We didnt do anything wrong.
These are reasonable solutions, lets discuss these.
Do you like them? Want to tweak one? Have a REASONABLE one of your own?
Lets hear it.

If we could do number 4, we wouldn't need 1-3. But to get to number 4, we probably need some of 1-3 implemented in the interim. Sadly, we're looking at 4 in the rear view mirror.
Society is what is fucked up with all this. Thats the whole problem in itself and nobody cares.

Maybe if Public Schools had CHOICE to keep or get rid of students instead of taking them back again and again and again regardless of what they do to other students, to teachers...regardless if they are emotionally disturbed, have behavioral disorders, etc.
Good point but how do you go about doing that?

My main concern with the voting was people not being able to appreciate our rights can vote them away.

Our rights can't be voted away, that's the beauty of Article III and the judiciary.

And the "activists judges" line doesn't hold water when the highest court, the final backstop to it all is right leaning.

Patriots embrace the system we have, checks and balances. Anti-Americans want to only accept outcomes, judicial decisions, elections that suit them. That's not America. Working with the neighbor you dislike is hard work, compromise, tolerance... but remember, he's putting up with you.

My main concern with the voting was people not being able to appreciate our rights can vote them away.

Our rights can't be voted away, that's the beauty of Article III and the judiciary.

And the "activists judges" line doesn't hold water when the highest court, the final backstop to it all is right leaning.

Patriots embrace the system we have, checks and balances. Anti-Americans want to only accept outcomes, judicial decisions, elections that suit them. That's not America. Working with the neighbor you dislike is hard work, compromise, tolerance... but remember, he's putting up with you.
Nonsense. Liberals play little games with words and presto, rights gone.

2. Raise age to buy guns, enlist in military and vote to 21. Raising the age to buy guns sounds like a good idea. If we were to do that, being able to enlist our vote doesnt make much sense IMO.
3. Expand background checks to get OKd by local police. If it passes the fed check and the local police reject it, they should explain why, with evidence. There should also be a reasonable time limit on their part. Maybe 2 days?
4. This is the most important part. Sadly, its also the part that is least likely to happen. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. be a father. Be a mother. Parents need some damn responsibility and take care of and pay attention to their kids. Dont let medicine raise your kids, you straighten their ass out. Quit being a coward. Just because a child doesnt pay attention to everything, doesnt mean they need medicine. They need you. Obviously that isnt always the case but lets be real, ok?
I dont want to discuss you bedwetters wanting to take our guns. We didnt do anything wrong.
Lets hear it.
Turn schools into armed camps?

I suppose that means add metal detectors, x ray machines, building a bunker style layout.

Oops, then what happens when they leave school? Sitting ducks?

Teachers being asked to shoot students instead of teaching them. What if a teacher is scared? Shoot first?

Are you sure you've thought this through?

How about banning military style assault weapons? After all, if you are so afraid of the government, perhaps you should move to Russia. I hear Republicans think we should be more like them.
Besides, if you are heavily armed, the government isn't going to send someone who could get killed. No, they will send drones. You won't even see it coming. Bam! You died holding your AR. How much protection did it offer?
Ban guns worldwide and you can have mine. Until then, drop it. Wont happen.
Im not a coward. I dont need to depend on a corruot govt to defend me and mine.

We are never going to be able to stop a nut who wants to hurt someone from getting some kind of weapon. I don't want to ban guns, I want to keep the nuts from bringing weapons into a school . Once they get in the door it's to late.

We are never going to be able to stop a nut who wants to hurt someone from getting some kind of weapon. I don't want to ban guns, I want to keep the nuts from bringing weapons into a school . Once they get in the door it's to late.
Then if you had an armed school employee there they might be able to stop them.

Secure the schools the same as any government building. That's it. This isn't rocket science people. Hell if you want to really take it to the next level; put the local PD precinct on the same campus with the school.
Awesome

The school area needs to be secure from entry. Armed guards alone aren't enough. They have to react to an active shooter to be effective. Stop the shooter from getting inside to begin with.

Use electronic ID badges as the first gate, then pass into an enclosed metal detection area. This area is under guard and that guard allows final access into the school. This guard is behind bullet proof glass with gun ports.

All entry points. Half secured isn't secured at all. Exit only points can be differentiated by one way turnstiles for rapid volume exit. Armed security entry points would also have a main gate that the guard can actuate for evacuation purposes.

Also window entry must be dealt with. Windows would be barred with the teacher having a release code or key. You can't expect a shooter to follow the rules and only come through the gates, now can you?
That just seems like a waste.
It would make more sense to do one big gate or something.
But then again all he wouod have to do is shoot them waiting to get through.

As to number 2, if we cant do that, we should make no age limits on anything over 18.

Lets hear it.

#3 will be abused by governments that don't want it's citizens armed.

It's a no-go.
What if the local police that reject it have to show why to a federal judge?
Personally, i dont see this as any infringement, and it could stop people like cruz shooting up a bunch of kids.

Sure, you can see a judge, so lets say they say no on December 15th 2019, Hey! there's an opening for a hearing on January 5th, 2025!!!! See you then!

We have no business asking teachers to defend the school....themselves and their classroom, fine. Combat vets....they've heard the sounds and seen the sights...they know instinctively how to act and when....jobs jobs jobs.

And BTW, the kids will see them as the heroes they are and consider being like them....it's a built-in recruiting tool that terrifies the leftists.

We have no business asking teachers to defend the school....themselves and their classroom, fine. Combat vets....they've heard the sounds and seen the sights...they know instinctively how to act and when....jobs jobs jobs.
Agree, but what does a little added security hurt?

Lets hear it.

#3 will be abused by governments that don't want it's citizens armed.

It's a no-go.
What if the local police that reject it have to show why to a federal judge?
Personally, i dont see this as any infringement, and it could stop people like cruz shooting up a bunch of kids.

Sure, you can see a judge, so lets say they say no on December 15th 2019, Hey! there's an opening for a hearing on January 5th, 2025!!!! See you then!
You are right..

That just seems like a waste.
It would make more sense to do one big gate or something.
But then again all he wouod have to do is shoot them waiting to get through.
Now you're beginning to see the real problem. Our schools allow our children to be herded into potential killing fields. The prey is concentrated. Introduce a predator into that environment and you get a mass school shooting. The prey is there - the predators exist. The only way to protect the prey is keep them isolated from the predator. The only way to do that is through a secure environment. Outside the school physical structure - they are on their on. Too bad teens don't have rifles and shotguns in those pick up window racks anymore. Predators think twice about pray that can kill them.

And to save a little money you could hire them as pe teachers or something. But idk does that require a degree or anything?

My first night at An Khe a trip-flare went up....sapper inside the wire. I'm walking between a couple trucks when I hear a metallic "click". I look behind me and there's a female VC trying to chamber another round, swearing at me....I was as hair-trigger as it gets but the sight of her was so bizarre and the fact that she'd dry-snapped and I should be dead made me hesitate...then I realized hey, I got to shoot this bitch and I did. I'd been through basic, AIT, and had already been in my first skirmish on the truck ride up...and I hesitated...I didn't freeze...just took in the scene before me. A teacher won't shoot.....believe me, they won't.

My first night at An Khe a trip-flare went up....sapper inside the wire. I'm walking between a couple trucks when I hear a metallic "click". I look behind me and there's a female VC trying to chamber another round, swearing at me....I was as hair-trigger as it gets but the sight of her was so bizarre and the fact that she'd dry-snapped and I should be dead made me hesitate...then I realized hey, I got to shoot this bitch and I did. I'd been through basic, AIT, and had already been in my first skirmish on the truck ride up...and I hesitated...I didn't freeze...just took in the scene before me. A teacher won't shoot.....believe me, they won't.
Maybe so. If I was one I'd as soon have the option though. Of course I wouldn't be a bleeding heart either so I'd probably never get hired.

Most will hesitate and get killed. Throwing down on a live target determined to kill you is mucho different than target practice or training. it's kill or be killed time.

Forum List

Back