TNHarleys solution to the school shooting problem

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
1. Actual security in schools. Armed guards and or trained and armed teachers.
2. Raise age to buy guns, enlist in military and vote to 21. Raising the age to buy guns sounds like a good idea. If we were to do that, being able to enlist our vote doesnt make much sense IMO.
3. Expand background checks to get OKd by local police. If it passes the fed check and the local police reject it, they should explain why, with evidence. There should also be a reasonable time limit on their part. Maybe 2 days?
4. This is the most important part. Sadly, its also the part that is least likely to happen. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. be a father. Be a mother. Parents need some damn responsibility and take care of and pay attention to their kids. Dont let medicine raise your kids, you straighten their ass out. Quit being a coward. Just because a child doesnt pay attention to everything, doesnt mean they need medicine. They need you. Obviously that isnt always the case but lets be real, ok?
I dont want to discuss you bedwetters wanting to take our guns. We didnt do anything wrong.
These are reasonable solutions, lets discuss these.
Do you like them? Want to tweak one? Have a REASONABLE one of your own?
Lets hear it.

2. Raise age to buy guns, enlist in military and vote to 21. Raising the age to buy guns sounds like a good idea. If we were to do that, being able to enlist our vote doesnt make much sense IMO.
3. Expand background checks to get OKd by local police. If it passes the fed check and the local police reject it, they should explain why, with evidence. There should also be a reasonable time limit on their part. Maybe 2 days?
4. This is the most important part. Sadly, its also the part that is least likely to happen. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. be a father. Be a mother. Parents need some damn responsibility and take care of and pay attention to their kids. Dont let medicine raise your kids, you straighten their ass out. Quit being a coward. Just because a child doesnt pay attention to everything, doesnt mean they need medicine. They need you. Obviously that isnt always the case but lets be real, ok?
I dont want to discuss you bedwetters wanting to take our guns. We didnt do anything wrong.
Lets hear it.
Number 3 isn't a good one, because if you get a speeding ticket can the locals then prevent you from ownership? If you want to join the military at 18 that is okay for then you have the knowledge and understanding and RESPECT of the weapon, thus enabling you to be a credit to society, not a hole like many on welfare.
Would you trust the guy on the left with a weapon or the guy on the right?

american-manhood.jpg

Lets hear it.

#3 will be abused by governments that don't want it's citizens armed.

It's a no-go.

Lets hear it.

Naw man, you got too much bureaucracy going on there.

1) Raise age to 21 unless in military/police, (then it's 18, voting stays same). Only changes there.

2) Provide teachers gun/ammo/training allowance. (should they so choose)

3) Bring back State Mental Hospitals

Lets hear it.

Naw man, you got too much bureaucracy going on there.

1) Raise age to 21 unless in military/police, (then it's 18, voting stays same). Only changes there.

2) Provide teachers gun/ammo/training allowance

There goes 47% of the voters that wouldn't of voted for Romney...

f07c66b66978438ac438a7cc1ba81a61.jpg

Number 2 sticks out the worst to me. You are simply punishing one group of adults to avoid punishing another. I see no reason to stop highschool grads from joining the military. In fact that choice is the only path out of poverty & crime that many kids have. Your solution would leave them in limbo for 3 years.

The school area needs to be secure from entry. Armed guards alone aren't enough. They have to react to an active shooter to be effective. Stop the shooter from getting inside to begin with.

Use electronic ID badges as the first gate, then pass into an enclosed metal detection area. This area is under guard and that guard allows final access into the school. This guard is behind bullet proof glass with gun ports.

Number 2 sticks out the worst to me. You are simply punishing one group of adults to avoid punishing another. I see no reason to stop highschool grads from joining the military. In fact that choice is the only path out of poverty & crime that many kids have. Your solution would leave them in limbo for 3 years.

Then we should recognize 18 years old as the age of majority and allow anyone one who is 18 and therefore an adult to buy liquor and anything else that is restricted to the age of 21 at present

The school area needs to be secure from entry. Armed guards alone aren't enough. They have to react to an active shooter to be effective. Stop the shooter from getting inside to begin with.

Use electronic ID badges as the first gate, then pass into an enclosed metal detection area. This area is under guard and that guard allows final access into the school. This guard is behind bullet proof glass with gun ports.
That is not a realistic plan imo

Seems to me that a metal detector at the door would have stopped most of these shootings.
it would have detected them. You need a secure area to enforce the act of detection. Otherwise, the shooter just throws down on the operator and enters. The operator isn't used to encountering a threat, even if trained - people get lulled to sleep. The perp knows he's going to be confronted and is ready to act. That advantage will take out the operator the vast majority of the time.

Why not.? If you can keep the weapons out the killings stop.

We have to do something about "islamic terror" because of 911.... except "islamic terror" didn't do 911....

We have to do something because our "US" media is going batshit...

We have to stop farting because that is warming the planet and melting the ice, except the ocean isn't rising and CO2 has nothing to do with Earth climate change....

We have to do something because if we don't.... we'll be better off as usual.

We have to first get TRUTH, and we have none, as usual....

Why TF is everyone at this school Jewish?

What kind of a school is this?

What is the last name of the Sheriff?

At some point, after 20+ years of factless fear, over $15 trillion of added debt, government monitoring our cell phones, our internet usage, a completely fascist foreign controlled Homeland Security department, a CIA that murders us and is rewarded for doing so, a NYC mayor who wants to ban salt and large soda cups....

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the Judaism crowd wants you to be emotional and fearful, they are waiting to make your freedom and money VANISH, as they have for the past 2 decades....

How about I just make clones, and we all have a 45. Shooter comes in, I shoot him. No charge.

The inside of the school must be a secure zone, not the potential killing zone they are now. My plan is quite doable.

Oh, and TNHarley....

I will not be armed. I am a teacher, not a guard. From people who whine about teachers getting paid too much, not working enough, being disrespected as “babysitters” and “liberal indoctrinators,” we get a proposal adding more burden to our shoulders?

To hell with that.

Last edited:
Lets hear it.
Number 3 isn't a good one, because if you get a speeding ticket can the locals then prevent you from ownership? If you want to join the military at 18 that is okay for then you have the knowledge and understanding and RESPECT of the weapon, thus enabling you to be a credit to society, not a hole like many on welfare.
Would you trust the guy on the left with a weapon or the guy on the right?

View attachment 178298
Why are you not showing a picture of our troops in the ME right now as today's young adults. Are you THAT ashamed of them? Here:
upload_2018-2-22_8-44-37.png
upload_2018-2-22_8-46-21.png
upload_2018-2-22_8-46-52.png

Oh, and TNHarley....

I will not be armed. I am a teacher, not a guard. From people who whine about teachers getting paid too much, not working enough, being disrespected as “babysitters” and “liberal indoctrination,” we get a proposal adding more burden to our shoulders?

To hell with that.
I wonder how many teachers actually thought that way that were unfortunately shot in a gun free school, and as their life ebbed from them, did they change their minds?

Last edited:

The investment to retrofit every school in america to accomodate this plan is not realistic. Not to mention the cost of employment to staff it and its upkeep.
Metal detectors at unlocked entrances should be looked into but his tunnel idea is not feasible

Forum List

Back