Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad May Be Based On Falsehood

'Pro-choice' says it's the woman's body to do with as she chooses;
Not all pro-choicers believe that.

As for those that do?

That's because they failed biology class.

And they're mentally retarded.

You're trying to equate the unborn with the born. If you order scrambled eggs for breakfast are you asking for dancing chickens?

Biology 101...

Today's lessons:

1) An egg must be fertilized to develop

2) Chicken eggs harvested for consumption on chicken farms are never fertilized

Ergo, it's more like getting your redwings than eating a chicken.

☭proletarian☭;1988324 said:
'Pro-choice' says it's the woman's body to do with as she chooses;
Not all pro-choicers believe that.

As for those that do?

That's because they failed biology class.

And they're mentally retarded.

While I don't agree with the wording of that previous post, I believe that a patient's right to autonomy and privacy drives the abortion issue.

And I neither failed biology class and am not "mentally retarded".

BTW, don't let the Palinites see you use the term retarded. That's a big no-no now*.

*Unless of course, Rush Limbaugh says it. If that is the case it is "satire".

From the article:

The ad, which is expected to promote an anti-choice message, will be based on the theme "Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life.
Tim's mother had the options of abortion or carrying the baby to term. She opted for the latter; she chose to carry Tim to term.

Someone explain to me how this ad will promote an anti-choice message. Or is 'choice' only applicable when the choice made is abortion?

Actually..........no.

Tebow's mother was a missionary in the Philippines during the pregnancy. She contracted and illness, and as a result of the illness and resulting toxic shock, her placenta ruptured. The doctors in the PI didn't have the required medical facilities, and the doctor recommended that she have an abortion to stay alive.

Recovering from something like that is hard enough in the States, at current technology, how much harder do you think it was when Tebow was born?

Some of you people have stated that you are against abortion, except in cases to save the mother, incest, or rape.

This was a medically recommended thing, by a qualified doctor, because her chances of survival, as well as the child's were in the very low end of the scale.

So, take your false, hypocritical umbrage over this ad being protested.

Like I said in another thread, I wouldn't mind it so much if they would just TELL THE FUCKING TRUTH AND NOT SPIN THEIR BULLSHIT INTO IT!

THAT is why I think the ad is fucked.

I posted the ad earlier.

Name one lie in it.

-She was pregnant

-She was in danger

-She was advised to abort

-She chose not to

-She had Tebow

-He became a football player

-She loves her son

Prove one of the claims false.

Right. If anything, The ad was pro choice. And that's really the issue. leaving the choice up to the woman.

But the overall tone of the ad was that of pro-life, or at least that's how it was perceived, and why the left didn't want it aired.

That's the argument here...why would so-called pro choice supporters be against an ad that touched upon the results of one of the two 'choices' in such a situation? Because this choice happened to be life, and those against the ad are not in fact pro-choice, but simply pro-abortion?

The only thing that made it pro life was "Focus on teh Family" at the end. Without that, it could be taken for anything really. ANd I don't think people have a problem with the commercial now that we have seen it. But we know FoFs dirty, lying tactics to push their agenda, so most figured it would be a blaring anti choice commercial. But it wasn't
I wonder if CBS requested Fuck the Family revise the ad after the anti CBS uproar? It's a possibility. Why they would even consider taking this organizations money is beyond common sense but money is money to many executives.

You're trying to equate the unborn with the born. If you order scrambled eggs for breakfast are you asking for dancing chickens?

Are you saying that what grows inside of a woman isn't human? Isn't life?

No that isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying you're trying to equate the unborn with the born. If you order scrambled eggs for breakfast are you asking for dancing chickens?
What is your answer?

retard.bmp

Can someone shop the name to read 'curvelight'?

That is a stretch even for you

and you forgot to mention the risks of abortion

If you are truly pro choice, you would not criticize a woman for choosing to have a child by saying she chose to risk her life.

people who have abortions risk their lives too.
It's possible to disagree with a woman's choice and still respect and honor her right to it. This is a fundamental concept many forced birthers have enormous difficulty grasping. !!!!!!

I support, respect and honor Mrs Tebrow's right to make a foolish decision concerning her own body. I think she made a dangerous choice (that is, assuming she has been truthful :eusa_think:). I couldn't care less if the world might have missed out on having one more football star.

Are you trying to imply that I AM A FORCED BIRTHER?

You'd be wrong.......again.

I am of the mind that it is none of my business whether a woman chooses to have a kid or not. Unlike you who must pass judgment on whether the choice was "good" or not.

That is assuming you are being truthful regarding your stance in the issue.

Last edited:
dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. make whatever choice they want. The pro life people can't accept the prochoice people's choices, as they want to take away a choice.
It's one of the stock meaningless clever sounding retorts that inpress only the simple minded.

i knew you were impressed but i didn't expect you to admit it. what business is it of yours that she decided to carry a risky pregnancy to term?

here's a hint.
none.
LOL!!
And what business is it of USMB to run a message board?

Here's a hint.

The same.

None.

☭proletarian☭;1988341 said:
From the article:

Tim's mother had the options of abortion or carrying the baby to term. She opted for the latter; she chose to carry Tim to term.

Someone explain to me how this ad will promote an anti-choice message. Or is 'choice' only applicable when the choice made is abortion?

Actually..........no.

Tebow's mother was a missionary in the Philippines during the pregnancy. She contracted and illness, and as a result of the illness and resulting toxic shock, her placenta ruptured. The doctors in the PI didn't have the required medical facilities, and the doctor recommended that she have an abortion to stay alive.

Recovering from something like that is hard enough in the States, at current technology, how much harder do you think it was when Tebow was born?

Some of you people have stated that you are against abortion, except in cases to save the mother, incest, or rape.

This was a medically recommended thing, by a qualified doctor, because her chances of survival, as well as the child's were in the very low end of the scale.

So, take your false, hypocritical umbrage over this ad being protested.

Like I said in another thread, I wouldn't mind it so much if they would just TELL THE FUCKING TRUTH AND NOT SPIN THEIR BULLSHIT INTO IT!

THAT is why I think the ad is fucked.

I posted the ad earlier.

Name one lie in it.

-She was pregnant

-She was in danger

-She was advised to abort

-She chose not to

-She had Tebow

-He became a football player

-She loves her son

Prove one of the claims false.

I didn't say the claims were false, I said the ad was fucked because of the bullshit they spun into it.

Context, as well as the actual words used are necessary here.

FoF (a radical Christian group vehemently against abortions), as well as Tebow being such a momma's boy, and his mother for telling people to go against doctors advice.

THAT is my problem with this ad.

☭proletarian☭;1988350 said:
Right sperm meets right egg? It starts to divide and form more cells. At this time as well, it is STILL NOT A HUMAN.

Yes, it is.

I see you ditched biology 101 with Curve and JD

Ugh. How lame that this issue always hedges on silly semantics.

I don't care what people call it, I still see it as fundamentally a patient autonomy and privacy issue.

I feel the same way about P.A.S.

We all assume that Mrs. Tebow's life was in grave danger (and maybe it was) because a doctor in the Philippines said so. Doctors are not always right. It appears that in Mrs Tebow's case the doctor was wrong.
That she beat the odds doesn't mean the doc was wrong abut the odds.

Dumbass.

People are flipping out because the story in the ad is a lie. Abortion is illegal in the Phillipines so doctors don't recommend it. They can't perform it. Do you think they would send a patient to a back alley illegal abortion or give her a coathanger?

Why on earth does anyone read the blog of a loon like Arrinana Huffington?

The woman is a fool and her blog is rediculous:

Abortion in the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its all sourced, so mock it if you like, abortions happen even in the Phillipennes despite some silly lawyer's nonsense.

☭proletarian☭;1988358 said:
What they won't show is the woman who gambled and came up snake eyes.

Nobody's stopping you from making such an ad

Actually, time, money, and interest stop me.

This is not my cause de celebre' (or whatever).

At any rate, if anyone wants to dispute the danger an abrupted placenta places the mother in, there is plenty of scientific literature on the matter.

Ruptured placenta = maximal risk for D.I.C. and death from shock (if you survive the micro-thrombi).

☭proletarian☭;1988365 said:
We all assume that Mrs. Tebow's life was in grave danger (and maybe it was) because a doctor in the Philippines said so. Doctors are not always right. It appears that in Mrs Tebow's case the doctor was wrong.

Dumbass.

Doesn't it boil down to the simple fact that it was her choice to have a kid even if the pregnancy was high risk?

People do it every day

Shit you getting in your car is statistically more dangerous than her having a kid

so I guess we all make bad decisions

I have to admit the ad was much ado about nothing. I wonder if that was the original cut, or if FOTF did some editing?
I think the whole questioning of the validity of Mrs Tebro's story made them reconsider and do some editing. I don't think we will ever know for sure. Just like we can never know how much truth was in her story.

I never really was bothered with the "truth" of the story, I think it is as she claims it to be.

What did bother me was that she was essentially going to advocate that women ignore medical advice.

This wasn't an issue of her choosing not to have an "elective abortion", it was a case of her gambling with her life.

That's not a prudent message for FOTF to start advocating.
I concur, but the questionable validity of her story made her actions even more disgraceful.

"That's not a prudent message for FOTF to start advocating."

That's why I call it Fuck the Family.

They lost on this score.

Some of the illegal abortions women get in the Phillipines are by herbs. So yes, ingesting something to have an abortion is illegal there.

It didn't work out in her case, because she is obviously lying by saying a doctor suggested abortion in a country were abortion is completely and totally illegal.

Her story is a lie. She isn't lucky, she's a liar.

"Pennyroyal Tea".................

I wouldn't be so quick to call her a liar. There are medical indications for termination of a pregnancy. Any Doctor would admit that, and I doubt the laws of the country wouldn't make an exception for the life of the mother.

That's the point. It's been posted on this thread. The abortion law in the Philpines is total and complete. There is no expection for the woman's life. That's the point of this thread. That's why the woman is a liar.

Abortion in the Philippines-Reasons and Responsibilities

The same link says many happen anyway.

Making you a liar

☭proletarian☭;1988365 said:

Dumbass.

Doesn't it boil down to the simple fact that it was her choice to have a kid even if the pregnancy was high risk?

People do it every day

Shit you getting in your car is statistically more dangerous than her having a kid

so I guess we all make bad decisions

It is certainly her choice to ignore medical advice, just as it is for anyone else.

That doesn't make it a sound policy to advocate wholesale. I suspect that is why FOTF showed a watered down version of the story.

BTW, it is certainly not statistically more dangerous to get in a car than to have an abrupted placenta.

Forum List

Back