Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad May Be Based On Falsehood

The objection was to CBS airing an ad on a touchy political issue when CBS claims to be unbiased. The ad is definately anti-abortion, though not overtly anti-choice.
Depends on what you mean by "pro-abortion".
Does "pro-abortion" mean to you a movement to encourage women to abort? Or does it mean a movement to alleviate the stigma some women feel when considering abortion? What does it mean to you?
If it's in opposition to anti-abortion then I would say it means the former.

I think you can be anti abortion but pro choice and pro abortion and likewise be pro abortion and pro choice. People ar also anti abortion and anti choice but I have never heard of anyone being pro-abortion and anti-choice, though there must exist someone somewhere who is.

Why is the ad "definitely" anti-abortion? Simply because of fof?

If there are two choices in such a situation, and an ad is created touching upon the choice of life and the results of such, why must it be anti-abortion?

It's pretty sad that one can not purchase ad time to promote the results of their choice, without having to endure such criticism.
I didn't actually see the ad yet. I've only read descriptions of it and am going by those. So maybe I should do that now. :lol:

Unless Fuck the Family has changed their stance that ad was intended to applaud a woman who decided to take a questionable pregnancy to full term. Between pro and anti that puts them on the anti side.
I think it's great that CBS had to answer to criticism. They need to keep on neutral ground if they want to continue serving a wide audience. Why would you be against criticism? Isn't that free speech? A libertarian kind of thing?

so you're pro-choice as long as you agree with the choice.

shocker

If there are two choices in such a situation, and an ad is created touching upon the choice of life and the results of such, why must it be anti-abortion?

It's pretty sad that one can not purchase ad time to promote the results of their choice, without having to endure such criticism.
I didn't actually see the ad yet. I've only read descriptions of it and am going by those. So maybe I should do that now. :lol:

Unless Fuck the Family has changed their stance that ad was intended to applaud a woman who decided to take a questionable pregnancy to full term. Between pro and anti that puts them on the anti side.
I think it's great that CBS had to answer to criticism. They need to keep on neutral ground if they want to continue serving a wide audience. Why would you be against criticism? Isn't that free speech? A libertarian kind of thing?

shocker
I can't decide if you are channeling JenT or Immie right now.

shocker
I agree with a woman having the right to choice, yes. Many women will do what I would not chose to do, but they are not me and I am not them.

shocker

i think for myself and i stand by what i said.

I have to admit the ad was much ado about nothing. I wonder if that was the original cut, or if FOTF did some editing?
I think the whole questioning of the validity of Mrs Tebro's story made them reconsider and do some editing. I don't think we will ever know for sure. Just like we can never know how much truth was in her story.

shocker

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. make whatever choice they want. The pro life people can't accept the prochoice people's choices, as they want to take away a choice.

The objection was to CBS airing an ad on a touchy political issue when CBS claims to be unbiased. The ad is definately anti-abortion, though not overtly anti-choice.
Depends on what you mean by "pro-abortion".
Does "pro-abortion" mean to you a movement to encourage women to abort? Or does it mean a movement to alleviate the stigma some women feel when considering abortion? What does it mean to you?
If it's in opposition to anti-abortion then I would say it means the former.

I think you can be anti abortion but pro choice and pro abortion and likewise be pro abortion and pro choice. People ar also anti abortion and anti choice but I have never heard of anyone being pro-abortion and anti-choice, though there must exist someone somewhere who is.

By applauding a woman for choosing life, that's anti-abortion?

I'm not understanding your logic here. Unless the ad specifically made an effort to frown upon the alternative choice, the ad is not anti-abortion.

And while I agree with the right to criticize, that doesn't mean I can't find certain criticism to be sad under certain circumstances. I don't have to support your position, to support your RIGHT to it.

shocker

i think for myself and i stand by what i said.
So come on out and be open about what you meant by that ambiguous statement?

"so you're pro-choice as long as you agree with the choice."
Sounds like you say I am only for allowing a woman to have a choice so long as it conforms to a choice I've already made for her.
Do explain. please.

I finally saw the "controversial" ad.

OMG it was horrible.

The N.O.W wackos are trying to say it promotes violence against women because a big tough ball player dared hug his mommy too roughly

Tebow ad falls short of the hype - latimes.com

What I want to know is why NOW is not condemning Snickers for airing an ad that glorifies violence against old women

Last edited:

I'm not understanding your logic here. Unless the ad specifically made an effort to frown upon the alternative choice, the ad is not anti-abortion.

And while I agree with the right to criticize, that doesn't mean I can't find certain criticism to be sad under certain circumstances. I don't have to support your position, to support your RIGHT to it.
When you ask if it one or the other then that is the limited choice to be made. it certainly isn't pro the choice of abortion so what is left?

Mrs Tebrow was not choosing life, (assuming her sketchy story is true) she was choosing to risk life to some undetermined degree. Women do that every time they get pregnant. All pregnancy carries some degree of risk. For some the risk is worth whatever they are hoping to gain. For others it is not.
Do you think it is pro life to ignore the danger that pregnancy entails?
Yes, of course, the right to speech includes you right to whine about criticism of CBS and FtheF.

shocker

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. make whatever choice they want. The pro life people can't accept the prochoice people's choices, as they want to take away a choice.
It's one of the stock meaningless clever sounding retorts that impress only the simple minded.

When you ask if it one or the other then that is the limited choice to be made. it certainly isn't pro the choice of abortion so what is left?

Mrs Tebrow was not choosing life, (assuming her sketchy story is true) she was choosing to risk life to some undetermined degree. Women do that every time they get pregnant. All pregnancy carries some degree of risk. For some the risk is worth whatever they are hoping to gain. For others it is not.
Do you think it is pro life to ignore the danger that pregnancy entails?
Yes, of course, the right to speech includes you right to whine about criticism of CBS and FtheF.

That is a stretch even for you

and you forgot to mention the risks of abortion

If you are truly pro choice, you would not criticize a woman for choosing to have a child by saying she chose to risk her life.

people who have abortions risk their lives too.

shocker

It's one of the stock meaningless clever sounding retorts that inpress only the simple minded.

i knew you were impressed but i didn't expect you to admit it. what business is it of yours that she decided to carry a risky pregnancy to term?

here's a hint.
none.

I have to admit the ad was much ado about nothing. I wonder if that was the original cut, or if FOTF did some editing?
I think the whole questioning of the validity of Mrs Tebro's story made them reconsider and do some editing. I don't think we will ever know for sure. Just like we can never know how much truth was in her story.

I never really was bothered with the "truth" of the story, I think it is as she claims it to be.

What did bother me was that she was essentially going to advocate that women ignore medical advice.

This wasn't an issue of her choosing not to have an "elective abortion", it was a case of her gambling with her life.

That's not a prudent message for FOTF to start advocating.

i knew you were impressed but i didn't expect you to admit it. what business is it of yours that she decided to carry a risky pregnancy to term?

here's a hint.
none.

It's not anyone's business, until she starts advocating other women do the same.

Then it becomes everyone's business.

Like I said, the ad was much ado about nothing, but considering that Tebow's mom decided to go primetime with the issue, it's not accurate to say that it's not our business.

Before this, I certainly didn't know about the situation.

here's a hint.
none.

It's not anyone's business, until she starts advocating other women do the same.

Then it becomes everyone's business.

Like I said, the ad was much ado about nothing, but considering that Tebow's mom decided to go primetime with the issue, it's not accurate to say that it's not our business.

Before this, I certainly didn't know about the situation.

neither did i, and i must say that since i've become aware of it, i'll do my best to forget it.

If you are truly pro choice, you would not criticize a woman for choosing to have a child by saying she chose to risk her life.

It's possible to disagree with a woman's choice and still respect and honor her right to it. This is a fundamental concept many forced birthers have enormous difficulty grasping. !!!!!!

I support, respect and honor Mrs Tebrow's right to make a foolish decision concerning her own body. I think she made a dangerous choice (that is, assuming she has been truthful :eusa_think:). I couldn't care less if the world might have missed out on having one more football star.

It's possible to disagree with a woman's choice and still respect and honor her right to it. This is a fundamental concept many forced birthers have enormous difficulty grasping. !!!!!!

I support, respect and honor Mrs Tebrow's right to make a foolish decision concerning her own body. I think she made a dangerous choice (that is, assuming she has been truthful :eusa_think:). I couldn't care less if the world might have missed out on having one more football star.

yeah, it comes shining through in your every post on the subject.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back