Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad May Be Based On Falsehood

The answer to your response is not gender specific.

You asked

Considering the finality of death, at what point are you comfortable with playing the odds of "usually doesn't"?

Why do I have to be a woman to answer that?

Because, legally, if you are not the mother; you have no say in the matter. If my wife got pregnant and decided to have an abortion, I could not legally stop her.

And people ignore medical advice all the time. What do you care if they do?

Because I see the consequences of it as a medical student.

Again not your choice but theirs.

I agree. My issue with this, again, is in telling other women that they should also ignore medical advice.

This ad was about a woman who did have a choice so what's your point?
You said people do it every day and I pointed out to you one of the reasons why.

It's arguable how much choice Mrs, Tebrow actually had seeing as she was in a country where abortion was illegal.

she could have returned to the states for an abortion if she chose to

face it the fact that she didn't choose to abort bothers you.
Since I think she invented the whole story her so-called choice could hardly bother me. Wouldn't bother me anyway since I don't know her.

That Fuck the Family encourages women to disregard medical advice does bother me. Face that fact and deal.
Maybe you are for the celebration of ignoring doctor's advice, maybe this is the advice you want any children you may have to follow? That would be sad.

If you can't, kindly crawl back into your "non judgmental' hole and whine to yourself.

The answer to your response is not gender specific.

You asked

Considering the finality of death, at what point are you comfortable with playing the odds of "usually doesn't"?

Why do I have to be a woman to answer that?

Because, legally, if you are not the mother; you have no say in the matter. If my wife got pregnant and decided to have an abortion, I could not legally stop her.

You question had nothing to do with abortion but rather the assessment and acceptance of risk.

And people ignore medical advice all the time. What do you care if they do?

Because I see the consequences of it as a medical student.

So you should respect your patients wishes even if you believe them wrong.

Again not your choice but theirs.

I agree. My issue with this, again, is in telling other women that they should also ignore medical advice.

She did not tell other women to do any such thing. She merely stated what she did and that she was glad she did

Last edited:
I'm not the one judging a woman for having a kid. you are

Lame. Until they decided to make the story a superbowl ad, it was a private ordeal and no one cared.

Now that they did my sentiments are that I am glad that Tebow's mom didn't have an adverse outcome.

I think it's absurd to advocate a position that tells women they should ignore medical advice.

You guys don't do nuance, do you?

You said people do it every day and I pointed out to you one of the reasons why.

It's arguable how much choice Mrs, Tebrow actually had seeing as she was in a country where abortion was illegal.

she could have returned to the states for an abortion if she chose to

face it the fact that she didn't choose to abort bothers you.
Since I think she invented the whole story her so-called choice could hardly bother me. Wouldn't bother me anyway since I don't know her.

That Fuck the Family encourages women to disregard medical advice does bother me. Face that fact and deal.
Maybe you are for the celebration of ignoring doctor's advice, maybe this is the advice you want any children you may have to follow? That would be sad.

If you can't, kindly crawl back into your "non judgmental' hole and whine to yourself.

She did not encourage any such thing. She merely stated that she chose to try to carry the child to term and that she was glad she did

And you have no proof she made up the whole thing do you?

Lame. Until they decided to make the story a superbowl ad, it was a private ordeal and no one cared.

Now that they did my sentiments are that I am glad that Tebow's mom didn't have an adverse outcome.

I think it's absurd to advocate a position that tells women they should ignore medical advice.

Why does it matter when the ad was aired.

You question had nothing to do with abortion but rather the assessment and acceptance of risk.

No doubt. I made that response, because you decided to speak in the first person. Since I know see you are a man, it's not really your choice at all.

Back to the risk issue; perhaps you can answer the original question.

Yeah, that's what we are taught. I only take umbrage with it if the patients decide to tell other patients to behave in an idiotic manner.

She did not tell other women to do any such thing. She merely stated what she did and that she was glad she did

You obviously haven't watched the whole video on the website that the ad directed people too, have you?

Are you serious or just being deliberately obtuse?

No doubt. I made that response, because you decided to speak in the first person. Since I know see you are a man, it's not really your choice at all.

Back to the risk issue; perhaps you can answer the original question.

Yeah, that's what we are taught. I only take umbrage with it if the patients decide to tell other patients to behave in an idiotic manner.

You obviously haven't watched the whole video on the website that the ad directed people too, have you?

The original question cannot be answered here because I have not been presented with a situation where i was forced to make such an assessment. but regardless of the situation, the choice is mine and mine alone. You have no right to judge my choice as wrong if you disagree.

So you think it's idiotic to disagree with a doctor. So all people who disagree with their doctors are idiots?

I saw the ad as it aired on TV. That is the issue is it not?>

Are you serious or just being deliberately obtuse?
So if the ad aired during the Olympic figure skating gold medal event, you wouldn't be as irate?

The original question cannot be answered here because I have not been presented with a situation where i was forced to make such an assessment.

Nor will you. You aren't a woman.

At any rate, your response is a lot easier than trying to answer the question, huh?

but regardless of the situation, the choice is mine and mine alone.

Unless you are the mother, it is not your choice at all.

You have no right to judge my choice as wrong if you disagree.

I am not judging someone elses' "choice", I am judging someone else giving bad advice wholesale on the most watched program in television history. That ended up not being the case. Like I said, much ado about nothing.

Though the FOTF video is much more pointed (since you obviously haven't seen it).

So you think it's idiotic to disagree with a doctor. So all people who disagree with their doctors are idiots?

Kindly don't put words in my mouth. This little attempt at digression is silly and will remain unanswered.

You aren't reading what am actually posting are you? I think I see the problem.

Sugarcoat it all you want. "merely" :lol:

BTW, have you seen the FOTF segment? The mom's story is much more ambiguous. I am beginning to think there might be some truth in your claim that Tebow's mom might have hyped this story.

She did not encourage any such thing. She merely stated that she chose to try to carry the child to term and that she was glad she did

And you have no proof she made up the whole thing do you?
There is that whimsical "merely" again. :lol:

The original question cannot be answered here because I have not been presented with a situation where i was forced to make such an assessment.

Nor will you. You aren't a woman.

So let me get this straight. A man cannot have a medical condidtion where he may choose to weigh the risk of not following a doctor's advice?

You're in medical school right?

And you wonder why people don't listen to doctors.

At any rate, your response is a lot easier than trying to answer the question, huh?

Ask me a question. At what point would I not take the advice of a doctor?

It depends on the specifics which you have not given.

but regardless of the situation, the choice is mine and mine alone.
Unless you are the mother, it is not your choice at all.

What?

The whole point is that a woman does have a choice. But you want it to be a choice you agree with.

I am not judging someone elses' "choice", I am judging someone else giving bad advice wholesale on the most watched program in television history. That ended up not being the case. Like I said, much ado about nothing.

Though the FOTF video is much more pointed (since you obviously haven't seen it).

I said I saw the ad as it was aired on TV and in that ad I did not hear any advice to do anything.

Kindly don't put words in my mouth. This little attempt at digression is silly and will remain unanswered.

That was a question if you didn't get it and you said
So what is an idiotic manner? Going against medical advice and having a kid?

You aren't reading what am actually posting are you? I think I see the problem.

I am but I don't know why i bother.

Last edited:
oops! I accidentally reread one of your posts, Pilot.

LOL! they all sound alike.

Forum List

Back