Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad May Be Based On Falsehood

So let me get this straight. A man cannot have a medical condidtion where he may choose to weigh the risk of not following a doctor's advice?

I never stated that. We were talking specifically about placental abruption, which you deemed no less dangerous than riding in a car.

Idiotic. Find a Dr. who will tell you that it's not a medical emergency.

You're in medical school right?

Yes, you obviously are not.

And you wonder why people don't listen to doctors.

Not really.

Ask me a question. At what point would I not take the advice of a doctor?

It depends on the specifics which you have not given.

And is further pointless since I see no need to play 20 questions with you. I've never stated you don't have a choice. I've stated I disagree with a person taking their poor choices and advising other people to do the same.

What?

The whole point is that a woman does have a choice. But you want it to be a choice you agree with.

Bullshit. Tell me what I do and do not "agree with". Please.

I said I saw the ad as it was aired on TV and in that ad I did not hear any advice to do anything.

No shit. My take on the SB ad, since you obviously didn't read it:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1988152-post303.html

Touched a nerve huh?

Intellectual dishonesty tends to do that to me.

I am but I don't know why i bother.

You are obviously not.

Sugarcoat it all you want. "merely" :lol:

BTW, have you seen the FOTF segment? The mom's story is much more ambiguous. I am beginning to think there might be some truth in your claim that Tebow's mom might have hyped this story.
No, I should take a look.

Do. I'd be interested in your opinion. Tebow's mom never states she was diagnosed with a placental abrubtion in the ad. Instead, she states she had to deal with a Dr. who appeared to think she should abort the baby for reasons unknown (seriously, other than stating that the Dr. deemed it as "just a mass of cells" we are never told why). This bad Dr./Patient encounter convinced Mrs. Tebow to abandon any prenatal care for her child until delivery (maybe she couldn't find another Dr.?)

It wasn't until the delivery that they discovered the placenta had a minor abruption.

Granted, it's a form of a PSA, so I can understand the desire to not get in the weeds in the medical jargon that I am hung up on, but again, it seems like "much ado about nothing".

Remember ladies, don't have an abortion if your life is in jeopardy. You will be fine and have a potential nfl player for a kid.

Makes sense.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. A man cannot have a medical condidtion where he may choose to weigh the risk of not following a doctor's advice?

I never stated that. We were talking specifically about placental abruption, which you deemed no less dangerous than riding in a car.

You said more than once that because I was not a woman.....

And the question you asked about risk was not about a specific medical condition.

Do you want me to quote it again?

And I said having a kid was no more dangerous than getting in a care before placental abruption was mentioned. After I posted that mothers don't usually die from it

which is where you jumped in.

Try to keep up.
Idiotic. Find a Dr. who will tell you that it's not a medical emergency.

Who said it wasn't?

You're in medical school right?

Yes, you obviously are not.

And now I know why I don't trust doctors.

And is further pointless since I see no need to play 20 questions with you. I've never stated you don't have a choice. I've stated I disagree with a person taking their poor choices and advising other people to do the same.

She has every right to say what she did. Even if you don't agree with it.

And the question you asked about risk was not about a specific medical condition.

And I said having a kid was no more dangerous than getting in a care before placental abruption was mentioned. After I posted that mothers don't usually die from it

Try to keep up.

Coming from you, that last statement is too funny.

Since you are hopelessly lost, let me draw you a map: the issue has always been placental abruption, which you've deemed as not that serious since a website told you that most of the time the mother lives. Prior to the Superbowl, my issue with the ad is that, per the hype around it, Tebow's mom choose to ignore medical advice and was going to advise other women to do the same. After the Superbowl, I stated the hype was much ado about nothing. Now, after seeing the FOTF ad, I am dubious that Tebow's mom was ever knowingly in a medical predicament where she had to make a hard choice. I am beginning to suspect that she might have hyped the severity of the matter a little bit.

Now let me address something else you said that was curious; that riding in a car was more dangerous than childbirth. It's curious because childbirth has, historically, been the leading mortality factor for women. If it is deemed as "not that dangerous" now it is because medicine has advanced and women listen to their Drs.

Who said it wasn't?

I am assuming you are going to claim you did not. I agree you did not state that directly, though you were pretty dismissive of the matter earlier.

Good thing for you, I am not a doctor.

Wow, now you are going to skew this into a first amendment issue?

Guess what, I never stated she didn't have a right to say what she said.

Guess we can get rid of that strawman, huh?

It's possible to disagree with a woman's choice and still respect and honor her right to it. This is a fundamental concept many forced birthers have enormous difficulty grasping. !!!!!!

I support, respect and honor Mrs Tebrow's right to make a foolish decision concerning her own body. I think she made a dangerous choice (that is, assuming she has been truthful :eusa_think:). I couldn't care less if the world might have missed out on having one more football star.

yeah, it comes shining through in your every post on the subject.

:rofl:
So you are calling me anti-choice. :cuckoo:

But I support, respect and honor your right to present yourself as intellectually dishonest and uninterested in debate. :tongue:

no, i'm saying you neither support, honor nor respect mrs tebrow's right to make her *foolish* choice. quite the opposite, in fact. you've mocked, demeaned and questioned the truthfulness of the woman throughout this thread.

i thought i was pretty clear. *shrug*

yeah, it comes shining through in your every post on the subject.

:rofl:

But I support, respect and honor your right to present yourself as intellectually dishonest and uninterested in debate. :tongue:

no, i'm saying you neither support, honor nor respect mrs tebrow's right to make her *foolish* choice. quite the opposite, in fact. you've mocked, demeaned and questioned the truthfulness of the woman throughout this thread.

Amazing! Someone even denser than Skunk Pilot! Mrs T.' s right is something she shares with every woman in America. Her penchant for flights of fancy, attention seeking and lying is something she only shares with a few. I'm sure with not much more effort you can attain her standard too.

That would insinuate that a doctor would recommend an abortion and do so in a presumably unhealthy environment... i.e. a back alley.

You can't be this dense. Its a fucking figure of speech. It doesn't literally mean its performed in a back alley shit for brains. Do you not understand basic figures of speech? How many hours do you stay up wandering how kids who "grow up on the street" don't get run over by cars while they are sleeping?

Try to keep up.

Coming from you, that last statement is too funny.

Since you are hopelessly lost, let me draw you a map: the issue has always been placental abruption, which you've deemed as not that serious since a website told you that most of the time the mother lives. Prior to the Superbowl, my issue with the ad is that, per the hype around it, Tebow's mom choose to ignore medical advice and was going to advise other women to do the same. After the Superbowl, I stated the hype was much ado about nothing. Now, after seeing the FOTF ad, I am dubious that Tebow's mom was ever knowingly in a medical predicament where she had to make a hard choice. I am beginning to suspect that she might have hyped the severity of the matter a little bit.

I got in to the thread late. There was no mention in the ad that was aired about her condition. I didn't seek out any other versions of tha ad because the ad that aired during the game was the issue not the ad on piece on the internet.

If you just watched the aired ad, there was nothing offensive about it.

My point was that after all the hype and hyperbole, the ad that was aired was pretty benign.♠

Now let me address something else you said that was curious; that riding in a car was more dangerous than childbirth. It's curious because childbirth has, historically, been the leading mortality factor for women. If it is deemed as "not that dangerous" now it is because medicine has advanced and women listen to their Drs.

Historically, people didn't live much past 40. Childbirth is not the danger it used to be. I thought you wanted to be a doctor, you should know this. Even Mrs Tebow's condition is not fatal. With the proper care a woman with placental abruption won't usually die from it.

So if she made that choice good for her. If another woman makes that choice, it is none of your concern.

Good thing for you, I am not a doctor.

Let's hope you never will be.

Wow, now you are going to skew this into a first amendment issue?

Guess what, I never stated she didn't have a right to say what she said.

Guess we can get rid of that strawman, huh?

Not at all. She made a choice you didn't disagree with and you believe she shouldn't tell anyone about it because they might make the same "idiotic" choice.

Basic right of free speech there.

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1988365 said:
We all assume that Mrs. Tebow's life was in grave danger (and maybe it was) because a doctor in the Philippines said so. Doctors are not always right. It appears that in Mrs Tebow's case the doctor was wrong.
That she beat the odds doesn't mean the doc was wrong abut the odds.

Dumbass.

No, it does not mean that the doc was wrong. I am certain he was right that she was taking a risk and quite possibly a serious risk. He advised her to have an abortion. She chose not to heed his advice for which people like Anguille have condemned her.

He was, however, wrong on the odds.

Sometimes doctors are too conservative. Sometimes they "err" on the side of caution. In this case, if she had heeded his advice there would have been at least one death.

In this case, it appears that the doctor was, in fact, erring on the side of caution.

BTW, I didn't say that there was no risk at all, but rather the insinuation that she could very possibly die if she gave birth appears to have been wrong.

Also, odds were that the Colts would be Super Bowl Champs today... guess what just like the odds in this case... those odds were wrong.

Immie

That would insinuate that a doctor would recommend an abortion and do so in a presumably unhealthy environment... i.e. a back alley.

You can't be this dense. Its a fucking figure of speech. It doesn't literally mean its performed in a back alley shit for brains. Do you not understand basic figures of speech? How many hours do you stay up wandering how kids who "grow up on the street" don't get run over by cars while they are sleeping?

No shit, shit-for-brains, it is a figure of speech. Am I not allowed to use fucking figures of speech too?

"Back Alley" typically meant in unsanitized rooms performed by unqualified individuals in unsafe conditions and that is what my post insinuated. Generally, they were performed off the main road (back alleys) in areas that the authorities would not "stumble" (another fucking figure of speech) upon the procedures that were going on in the "back rooms" of these "doctors" (two more fucking figures of speech) offices.

Immie

Last edited:

Amazing! Someone even denser than Skunk Pilot! Mrs T.' s right is something she shares with every woman in America. Her penchant for flights of fancy, attention seeking and lying is something she only shares with a few. I'm sure with not much more effort you can attain her standard too.

QED

i'll endeavor to persevere

We all assume that Mrs. Tebow's life was in grave danger (and maybe it was) because a doctor in the Philippines said so. Doctors are not always right. It appears that in Mrs Tebow's case the doctor was wrong.

Dumbass.

No, it does not mean that the doc was wrong. I am certain he was right that she was taking a risk and quite possibly a serious risk. He advised her to have an abortion. She chose not to heed his advice for which people like Anguille have condemned her.

Sometimes doctors are too conservative. Sometimes they "err" on the side of caution. In this case, if she had heeded his advice there would have been at least one death.

In this case, it appears that the doctor was, in fact, erring on the side of caution.

BTW, I didn't say that there was no risk at all, but rather the insinuation that she could very possibly die if she gave birth appears to have been wrong.

Also, odds were that the Colts would be Super Bowl Champs today... guess what just like the odds in this case... those odds were wrong.

Immie

How do we know what her doctor said?

Dumbass.

Immie

Only from the information that has been insinuated since this controversy began.

And going from that, we only know that the doctor advised that she have an abortion due to health risks. We have to assume that the doctor did not advise an illegal procedure, that would have put his freedom in jeopardy, without serious reason... i.e. "chances are that you could very possibly die".

I would say that the odds :) are very good that the doctor would not do such a thing. Wouldn't you?

Immie

Dumbass.

Immie

the archangel raphael told me.

Immie

Only from the information that has been insinuated since this controversy began.

And going from that, we only know that the doctor advised that she have an abortion due to health risks. We have to assume that the doctor did not advise an illegal procedure, that would have put his freedom in jeopardy, without serious reason... i.e. "chances are that you could very possibly die".

I would say that the odds :) are very good that the doctor would not do such a thing. Wouldn't you?

Immie

So you're assuming what the doctor said but have no way of knowing or verifying. Correct?

Immie

So you're assuming what the doctor said but have no way of knowing or verifying. Correct?

Does anyone involved in this discussion have any way of knowing or verifying anything?

Immie

Isn't it sad really that the choice of one woman made freely with all risks and benefits weighed is causing such an uproar (genuine or not).

Forum List

Back