Three of private sector's biggest "free agents" flee liberal taxes, unions!!!

Well then, how about the fact that that some of the richest people in our country, ie. Warren Buffet are adamant Obama supporters. The man is a genius when it comes to making money, so why would he back Obama?

Guilt.

LOL, really? that's your answer? GUILT? Amazing, thanks for that.

So how much do you make a year? How come you don't make as much as Warren Buffet? Why don't you stop being lazy and mooching off of everyone else. See the ridiculousness yet in your argument?

I'll answer your question. Buffet lives there still because he likes it. Thats a beautiful part of the country. He's free to live anywhere he pleases, and if he's happy there, good for him.

That doesn't change the fact that there is a trend of wealthy people and businesses fleeing high taxes and union states. There is a reason the Southern states of the US have exploded economically and in population the last 25 years.

BTW, didn't Warren Buffet recently come out criticizing the current economic policies our country is under?

Anyway, being rich doesn't always make you right. Mel Gibson, George Soros and Jesse Jackson are rich too.

So whats your point? That rich people and big companies are concerned about the size of their bank accounts first and foremost? We knew that already. Is this really news?

No, my point is this:

High taxes drive away rich people and rich companies.

My boss is rich, and he works for a rich company.

If the company leaves, so does my job.

I want my job to stay.

Thus, if the local people want more good jobs, they need more rich people and rich companies around to work for. Logically, one would want policies that encourage rich people and rich companies to stay and/or move there.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather work for a rich, greedy company than a generous, unselfish but poor company.

So you think it is alright that a CEO increases income, buys a private plane, and ten homes while laying off workers so he can increase his profit margin?
I guess it is alright to screw people out of benefits, vacation time, and a pension just so some guy can have ten homes.
My mother owns a small business, and it wouldnt be alright for her to go to Hawaii, while not paying her employees the amount they deserve. But it seems to be alright for corporations to screw their employees while they make record profits.

Federal tax rates were even hire prior to Reagan, but the rich still lived the good life, and people still had jobs. You ever think they move our jobs overseas because of greed?
Every other developed country protects it's interests, why don't we?

Last edited:
I guess that's why condominiums in NYC only cost $12 million.

Got any $12 million condominiums down there in Charleston?

Probably not.

And why not?

Because nobody wants to live there.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, NOBODY wants to live in Charleston, SC!!!! You've obviously never been here. For starters, the joke is the Yankee invasion never ended, since we get thousands moving here every year. Why? Costs are lower. Taxes are lower.

There are multi-million dollar HOMES here, not condos. They are on the beach of the Isle of Palms, the Charleston harbor, Folly Beach, etc. Gorgeous homes. No one in their right mind would pay over a million for damn condo.

Lets also mention that it's often 70-80 degrees in the winter. I've spent many January and February days on the beach here. Traffic is not bad. The women are legendarily hot. Charleston was named America's Friendliest City or Most Mannerly City for about 12 years straight until it was deemed disqualified just so another city would win. It's among the top tourist destinations in the country, and the world. History, culture, beaches, amazing food, amazing weather, affordable, good schools, low, crime, etc, etc, etc.

You couldn't pay me double what I make now in exchange for living in New York. Not knocking NYC......but if you spend any amount of time in Charleston, you'd feel the same. Just ask any of the Northern guests we get here in the winter after seeing their envious glares around our city.

I've been to Charleston. Nice town but I wouldn't want to live there.

Oh you have? What parts? What did you visit and do here? Just curious.

The city of Charleston indeed is not for everyone, just as Seattle, Dallas or Greenwhich wouldn't be. It's not an ultra-hip, metro haven like LA or NY. Very laid back, casual atmosphere, but all the same stuff a large or mid-size city would typically offer. A sports and water lover's paradise though.

So whats your point? That rich people and big companies are concerned about the size of their bank accounts first and foremost? We knew that already. Is this really news?

No, my point is this:

I want my job to stay.

Thus, if the local people want more good jobs, they need more rich people and rich companies around to work for. Logically, one would want policies that encourage rich people and rich companies to stay and/or move there.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather work for a rich, greedy company than a generous, unselfish but poor company.

So you think it is alright that a CEO increases income, buys a private plane, and ten homes while laying off workers so he can increase his profit margin?
I guess it is alright to screw people out of benefits, vacation time, and a pension just so some guy can have ten homes.
My mother owns a small business, and it wouldnt be alright for her to go to Hawaii, while not paying her employees the amount they deserve. But it seems to be alright for corporations to screw their employees while they make record profits.

Federal tax rates were even hire prior to Reagan, but the rich still lived the good life, and people still had jobs. You ever think they move our jobs overseas because of greed?
Every other developed country protects it's interests, why don't we?

YES, I do think it's alright. It's bad business. It's mean. But it's OK. Because it's his damn company. HE will suffer the consequences!!

A CEO who treats employees like that will have low morale amongst the employees. They wil be less productive, and less competitive. That will lead to unhappy shareholders, etc, etc, until the company goes belly-up or the CEO is fired.

If your mother wanted to go to Hawaii instead of paying her employees, she has the right to do it and it's OK. Those employees will be less productive, and maybe even quit. Her business will suffer, and rest assured she won't be able to afford to go to Hawaii the next year.

A CEO who is greedy and treats employees like dirt and underpays them will rarely succeed.

But if a CEO can pay his people fair wages, keep them reasonably happy for the job they do, keep the company going strong, and meanwhile go on vacations and buy a new home, so be it. Good for him.

Remember, there is a reason being a CEO has perks and there is a reason that for every 1 CEO, there are 100 subordinates fighting to become a CEO one day. Subordinate employees fighting that hard to become a CEO will result in one hella successful and productive company if their business model and product are good.

So, yeah, thats all fine. Run the company shitty, you'll suffer the consequences. Whats the problem?

So how much do you make a year? How come you don't make as much as Warren Buffet? Why don't you stop being lazy and mooching off of everyone else. See the ridiculousness yet in your argument?

I'll answer your question. Buffet lives there still because he likes it. Thats a beautiful part of the country. He's free to live anywhere he pleases, and if he's happy there, good for him.

That doesn't change the fact that there is a trend of wealthy people and businesses fleeing high taxes and union states. There is a reason the Southern states of the US have exploded economically and in population the last 25 years.

BTW, didn't Warren Buffet recently come out criticizing the current economic policies our country is under?

I never said anything about wear Buffet lived. I was just citing the fact that he is an Obama supporter and a financial genius.

Anyway, being rich doesn't always make you right. Mel Gibson, George Soros and Jesse Jackson are rich too.

Exactly, so how does Lebron or Rush moving to Florida make conservatives any more right about their theories?

I never said anything about wear Buffet lived. I was just citing the fact that he is an Obama supporter and a financial genius.

Exactly, so how does Lebron or Rush moving to Florida make conservatives any more right about their theories?

It was their actions, not their richness, that embodied the conservative ideology. For every Limbaugh or Lebron, there are thousands of Joe Blows who move out of a high tax area to a lower one so they can afford their car payment or save for their kids college. Those two were just the brightest shining stars in the latest line of folks and companies fleeing high taxes.

After all, Bosch and Wade could've joined Lebron in Cleveland or New York. All were free agents.

[

Could just be Buffet's world view. George Soros is among the richest men on Earth. If we had it his way, there would be no borders and no United States, just one global government. Anyone want that? But he is still a financial genius. Doesn't mean he has the best interest of the middle class American in mind.

And don't forget George Steinbrenner having a heart attack to avoid the huge increase in estate taxes come 1/1/2011!

Haha, I heard the heat Limbaugh got for saying that.

But it ironically does bring to light the policy of the estate tax, which is my opinion is outright thievery of a person's money by the government. Just straight ghetto, gangsta car-jacking type theft.

Steinbrenner's family will get $500,000,000 more because of not paying the estate tax. I mean what right does the government have to take that amount of money from a man's family simply for dying?

Absolutely none.

[

Could just be Buffet's world view. George Soros is among the richest men on Earth. If we had it his way, there would be no borders and no United States, just one global government. Anyone want that? But he is still a financial genius. Doesn't mean he has the best interest of the middle class American in mind.

Fair enough, can't argue with that.

I just don't know how much Lebrons decision didn't just come down to the fact that he could either play in sunny Miami with 2 all-stars or in dreary Cleveland. Sure it could have been for tax purposes but could have been a variety of other factors as well.

[

Fair enough, can't argue with that.

I just don't know how much Lebrons decision didn't just come down to the fact that he could either play in sunny Miami with 2 all-stars or in dreary Cleveland. Sure it could have been for tax purposes but could have been a variety of other factors as well.

I'm sure it was a combo of things. I thought Cleveland never had a shot anyway. Can't blame him there.

But I felt it had come down to Chicago, New York and Miami.

Chicago is 2nd only to LA as "Title Town" for the NBA. And New York is obviously the biggest market in the world. Nowhere could Lebron have shined brighter than had he brought a title to New York. Chicago? He'd always be compared to Jordan, as if not already. I really think it came down to New York vs Miami.

And James, Bosch and Wade were all free agents. If the Knicks wanted all 3, and all 3 truly wanted to win a championship together above all else, they could've made it happen. But they all chose Miami. They'll earn in 6 years what they would've earned in 8 in New York due to no state income tax. As for the weather, well, South Beach climate and girls vs New York bright lights and global exposure, who knows if that was or wasn't a factor.

You do realize after Reagan started targeting the unions, is when this country started loosing jobs, the top 1% started making even more money, and we stopped producing american made products? I have a real problem with the top 1% having more money than everyones else combined. I also think it is hilarious when people attack unions, then complain about their being no jobs.

You do realize after Reagan started targeting the unions, is when this country started loosing jobs, the top 1% started making even more money, and we stopped producing american made products? I have a real problem with the top 1% having more money than everyones else combined. I also think it is hilarious when people attack unions, then complain about their being no jobs.

Oh do you? Well, I suppose you hate yourself and should move out of America..........as America has more money than the rest of the world combined. Our "poor" are richer than 95% of the other humans on Earth.

Next: Reagan was RIGHT. Look what union pensions did to GM. Look what government union pensions have done to New Jersey, New York, Illinois, California. They are bankrupt. Those states are going to collapse under the weight of those union pensions and the pooch is screwed. Unions are going to be partially responsible for there being "no jobs" in Illinois, Cali, NY, NJ, because those states are going bankrupt. The Labor Department and OSHA regulations have nearly eliminated any need for unions. Unions exist to ensure employees can be mediocre yet have job security.

And there is another reason we have "no jobs". We are exporting jobs and importing workers. Why? Because companies are tired of whining union employees who bitch and whine all day while producing mediocre work at an extremely inflated wage for comparable work. It's a free market, and unless you are proposing a government takeover of the entire private sector, then thats not gonna change and unions are just going to have to realize their time has passed and the cozy union contract job is going to vanish.

Well then, how about the fact that that some of the richest people in our country, ie. Warren Buffet are adamant Obama supporters. The man is a genius when it comes to making money, so why would he back Obama?

Guilt.

I make plenty of money. My retirement, as it looks right now, will be a time free of monetary worries. I have actually even cut back on business so that I can spend more time with family... I can afford to do that. I don't need nor desire to make as much as Buffett.

And I can promise you this... I do more for the community in one year than you have in your lifetime... guaran-damn-tee it..... and not even close.

I make plenty of money. My retirement, as it looks right now, will be a time free of monetary worries. I have actually even cut back on business so that I can spend more time with family... I can afford to do that. I don't need nor desire to make as much as Buffett.

And I can promise you this... I do more for the community in one year than you have in your lifetime... guaran-damn-tee it..... and not even close.

:clap2:

And according to all studies on the topic, you as a right winger give more in charity to those who identify themselves as left wingers.

So, combine your voluntary charity with the hefty amount you pay in taxes (since you make plenty of money I assume you pay more than your % of tax $)............and to that I applaud your contributions to society. Need more like you.

So now we're getting in to an internet dick-waving contest on who helps out their community more? I'm glad that you're so helpful, keep it up.

No, my point is this:

I want my job to stay.

Probably not.

And why not?

Haha man you are so right, middle class America in NYC own 12 mil dollar condos... It has nothing to do with status or anything, nope, just your average middle class dood living in a 10+ million dollar condo...

The point of the OP is that buisiness's are moving away from places like NYC, not that some rich guy that might not even work or live in that state most of the year has a home there. If you believe that a company opening shop in another state won't take people and money from another states economy then there is no reason to debate an issue like this with you.

No, my point is this:

I want my job to stay.

Probably not.

And why not?

Haha man you are so right, middle class America in NYC own 12 mil dollar condos... It has nothing to do with status or anything, nope, just your average middle class dood living in a 10+ million dollar condo...

The point of the OP is that buisiness's are moving away from places like NYC, not that some rich guy that might not even work or live in that state most of the year has a home there. If you believe that a company opening shop in another state won't take people and money from another states economy then there is no reason to debate an issue like this with you.

It's funny, because like I said, the old running joke in Charleston is the "Yankee Invasion of 1861" never ended!!! So many Northern folks move here every year! Ohio, NY, NJ, PA, etc, etc.

Now, don't get me wrong, we welcome them although we do have a little playful joking with them, but they are great people. And after getting to know someone who moved here from up North, they almost always say the same thing: They make a little less money down here, but their standard of living and purchasing power is far greater because our cost of living is lower, taxes are lower....................and of course, are weather and women have something in common: Both are hotter haha!!

But seriously, I hear people from PA and NY all the time saying they bought a home in Charleston 5 minutes from the beach for $350,000, and the same home, nowhere near a beach, in NY or PA would have been 3X as much.

God Bless the South I suppose!

Probably not.

And why not?

It's funny, because like I said, the old running joke in Charleston is the "Yankee Invasion of 1861" never ended!!! So many Northern folks move here every year! Ohio, NY, NJ, PA, etc, etc.

Now, don't get me wrong, we welcome them although we do have a little playful joking with them, but they are great people. And after getting to know someone who moved here from up North, they almost always say the same thing: They make a little less money down here, but their standard of living and purchasing power is far greater because our cost of living is lower, taxes are lower....................and of course, are weather and women have something in common: Both are hotter haha!!

But seriously, I hear people from PA and NY all the time saying they bought a home in Charleston 5 minutes from the beach for $350,000, and the same home, nowhere near a beach, in NY or PA would have been 3X as much.

The South is great. Too bad it's in the South.

The South is great. Too bad it's in the South.

HAHA!!! Did you hear that visiting down here? Thats actually a quote a lot of people use down here.

It's so funny though. The South obviously has a stereotype and reputation. And in some parts of the rural South....that is sometimes still the reality. But I meet tourists all the time who've never been here and they rave about how gorgeous and fun the South Carolina coast is, from Myrtle Beach, down to Charleston, down to Hilton Head. It's always "This is nothing like I thought it would be".

But, they did film Deliverance in South Carolina...........so............read your map carefully!

1- I just got hired in Charleston, SC by Boeing. Boeing chose the gorgeous Southern city of Charleston over the far left whacko city of Seattle for it's new Dreamliner plant. Why? LOWER taxes and no union labor. The city will get about 7,000 good paying jobs as a result. Well, 6,999 now because I got one. 60K. Good office. Low taxes in SC. I'll like it there.

I'm sure they'll be pleased not to have to deal with the IMA in South Carolina but they'll probably also enjoy this:

South Carolina offered the company $170 million in upfront grants for startup costs, plus multiple tax breaks that would be worth tens of millions of dollars more.​

If the state pays me to move down, I'll probably head there, too.

2- Lebron James. He and Chris Bosch fled the high tax liberal cities of Toronto and Cleveland. They could've gone to other high tax cities/states in New York, New Jersey, Chicago, LA. But no.......they chose Miami, Florida. Is the fact that there is no income tax in Florida a factor? Essentially giving them at least about 15-20% more in pay per year in taxes not lost.

Only one of those cities had a combination of cap space and a competent organization. And, of course, Wade is already there.

3- Rush Limbaugh. I just can't enjoy this story enough. Limbaugh flees the city of New York and it's overbearing taxes. Thousands of liberals will have a few less food stamps thanks to Rush taking his millions elsewhere.

And apparently he'll be getting his medical care in Costa Rica, too. The man's entire existence is dedicating to making stupid statements, both verbal and symbolic.

Forum List

Back