Three of private sector's biggest "free agents" flee liberal taxes, unions!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Jul 13, 2010.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Well, well, well. What a week. What a 1st half of the year. As we continue to witness the glorious implosion of progressive liberalism, I wanted to discuss the consequences of liberal tax and union policies as they have affected two major individuals and one major company, the latter which affects me.

1- I just got hired in Charleston, SC by Boeing. Boeing chose the gorgeous Southern city of Charleston over the far left whacko city of Seattle for it's new Dreamliner plant. Why? LOWER taxes and no union labor. The city will get about 7,000 good paying jobs as a result. Well, 6,999 now because I got one. 60K. Good office. Low taxes in SC. I'll like it there.

2- Lebron James. He and Chris Bosch fled the high tax liberal cities of Toronto and Cleveland. They could've gone to other high tax cities/states in New York, New Jersey, Chicago, LA. But no.......they chose Miami, Florida. Is the fact that there is no income tax in Florida a factor? Essentially giving them at least about 15-20% more in pay per year in taxes not lost.

3- Rush Limbaugh. I just can't enjoy this story enough. Limbaugh flees the city of New York and it's overbearing taxes. Thousands of liberals will have a few less food stamps thanks to Rush taking his millions elsewhere.

The moral of my thread is whether it is Lebron, Limbaugh, or Boeing, people and business are beginning to realize the far left government policies are crippling and they are beginning to proactively protest those things by simply leaving. Lower taxes and more freedom are going to win out in the end.

And all you folks that like to be parasites on the government nipple? Well, better find the classified ads, because the free lunch is about to dry up.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Wow. A whole day, and not one response to this. Hmmmm. C'mon liberals, don't you have any explanation as to why citizens and companies are trying to flee progressive liberalism? It happened in the Soviet Union ya know....people trying to flee the evil of the progressive ideology. We are now seeing it with companies and citizens fleeing leftist states and cities. Your ideology is imploding.

3. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,875
    And don't forget George Steinbrenner having a heart attack to avoid the huge increase in estate taxes come 1/1/2011!

4. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Haha, I heard the heat Limbaugh got for saying that.

But it ironically does bring to light the policy of the estate tax, which is my opinion is outright thievery of a person's money by the government. Just straight ghetto, gangsta car-jacking type theft.

Steinbrenner's family will get $500,000,000 more because of not paying the estate tax. I mean what right does the government have to take that amount of money from a man's family simply for dying?

5. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,018
    So whats your point? That rich people and big companies are concerned about the size of their bank accounts first and foremost? We knew that already. Is this really news?

6. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,089
    Your point is so conclusive that one would wonder how our liberal friends don't see the handwriting on the wall...

but then, they never notice the condition of cities such as Detroit and Chicago, which have been ruled with the same kind of policies for decades...

nor do they perceive the reversal going on in Europe, and the retreat from welfare state policies.

The reason? Liberalism is a religion, not a political philosophy, and therefore rational argument will have no effect.

"t’s worth looking closely and seriously at the election-year enthusiasm of media elites and other Obamaphiles, much of which was indeed, as the wags recognized, quasi-religious. The surprising fact is that the American Left, for all its claims to being “reality-based” and secular, is often animated by the passions, motivations, and imagery that one normally associates with religion. The better we understand this religious impulse, the better we will understand liberal America’s likely trajectory in the years to come."
    The Varieties of Liberal Enthusiasm by Benjamin A. Plotinsky, City Journal Spring 2010

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    1.Congratulations on your new job. It is tough for anyone right now. If $60 K will support you and your family in SC good luck to you. Unions are an annoyance until you need them. Hope your employer treats you well. Boeing has a good reputation

2. Lebron and company going to Miami is a victory for the working class. They formed their own "union" and went where they wanted to play

3. Rush leaving New York is a victory for the greatest city in the US. Wouldn't want him in my neighborhood

8. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    1. It is weird, Boeing still has plants and a campus in Seatle, along with it's headquarters still being Chicago, plus the factory here is still open. PS I live in Washington State.
    I also think it is weird Gates, the largest tax payer in the US, still calls Washington State is home.

9. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    No, my point is this:

High taxes drive away rich people and rich companies.

My boss is rich, and he works for a rich company.

If the company leaves, so does my job.

I want my job to stay.

Thus, if the local people want more good jobs, they need more rich people and rich companies around to work for. Logically, one would want policies that encourage rich people and rich companies to stay and/or move there.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather work for a rich, greedy company than a generous, unselfish but poor company.

10. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    You might mention the income tax rate in Washington State......

Here in Oregon it is 11%. We just raised it this year.