This story in New York makes my blood boil

I watched the video. The guy was huge. He wasn't throwing punches but he also was no cooperating in his arrest. My guess is that it was the pile on combined with his size, not the choke hold, that caused his heart attack. He was still talking after the choke hold was released. If you have ever been face down on the ground at the bottom of a pile of football players you know how insanely impossible it is to breathe with all that weight on you.

They had no reason to arrest him. This is what happens when you dont have legal representation at your finger tips. Police know they can do whatever simply because you dont know your rights.

According to the video, they were arresting him for illegally selling cigarettes. How the encounter started or the basis for that accusation are not included in the video.

I watched the video. The guy was huge. He wasn't throwing punches but he also was no cooperating in his arrest. My guess is that it was the pile on combined with his size, not the choke hold, that caused his heart attack. He was still talking after the choke hold was released. If you have ever been face down on the ground at the bottom of a pile of football players you know how insanely impossible it is to breathe with all that weight on you.

They had no reason to arrest him. This is what happens when you dont have legal representation at your finger tips. Police know they can do whatever simply because you dont know your rights.

According to the video, they were arresting him for illegally selling cigarettes. How the encounter started or the basis for that accusation are not included in the video.

Well thats what they said. Everyone else seemed to think it was because he broke up a fight. How could it be they saw him sell a cigarette but they didn't see the fight. That doesn't seem logical.

Cops go overboard and instead of just telling the guy to turn around they end up killing him because of a choke hold.

So sad

Two cops pulled off streets, Staten Island DA looking into death of dad of six after NYPD cop put him in chokehold during sidewalk takedown ? EXCLUSIVE VIDEO - NY Daily News

I watched the video, you can see the cop immediately move his hand from over his throat to his shoulder. If you watch the video closely you can see the transition, almost immediately.

The way the cop grabbed the man, may not have a thing to do with his death.

NYPD Cop's Chokehold May Not Have Caused Serious Injury to Man's Throat

A man who died after a New York City police officer took him to the ground in a chokehold appeared to have little damage to his neck and trachea, according to preliminary autopsy results, a law enforcement source said, but that may not be enough to keep him from being disciplined or even facing criminal charges.

NYPD Cop's Chokehold May Not Have Caused Serious Injury to Man's Throat - ABC News

With that said, the man selling cigarettes illegally should not illicit the response I saw on the video. The man was belligerent and mouthy, however I feel the entire situation should have been dealt with differently. You would have thought he had just robbed a bank or beat the shit out of someone. The cops should have tried to diffuse the situation IMO before tackling him.

Well thats what they said. Everyone else seemed to think it was because he broke up a fight. How could it be they saw him sell a cigarette but they didn't see the fight. That doesn't seem logical.

Don't know. The video also doesn't show people fighting or him breaking up the fight. I just know what I heard them saying. As far as the death, which is the central issue, it doesn't seem to have been a reckless or intentional end to the police action. In my area, he probably would have gotten a citation for that and not even have been placed in cuffs.

I have talked with the police several times when I was in NYC. I never found them to be anywhere close to the stereotypical NYC cop. I have also talked with black guys just standing on the street ion NYC and never found them to be "thugs". It is beyond my worldview to rely on anything not in the video itself at this point as I have not followed the story that closely.

CaféAuLait;9478677 said:
Cops go overboard and instead of just telling the guy to turn around they end up killing him because of a choke hold.

So sad

Two cops pulled off streets, Staten Island DA looking into death of dad of six after NYPD cop put him in chokehold during sidewalk takedown ? EXCLUSIVE VIDEO - NY Daily News

I watched the video, you can see the cop immediately move his hand from over his throat to his shoulder. If you watch the video closely you can see the transition, almost immediately.

A man who died after a New York City police officer took him to the ground in a chokehold appeared to have little damage to his neck and trachea, according to preliminary autopsy results, a law enforcement source said, but that may not be enough to keep him from being disciplined or even facing criminal charges.

NYPD Cop's Chokehold May Not Have Caused Serious Injury to Man's Throat - ABC News

With that said, the man selling cigarettes illegally should not illicit the response I saw on the video. The man was belligerent and mouthy, however I feel the entire situation should have been dealt with differently. You would have thought he had just robbed a bank or beat the shit out of someone. The cops should have tried to diffuse the situation IMO before tackling him.

What about sitting on his head and his body? So basically the cops did nothing wrong huh???

CaféAuLait;9478677 said:

So sad

What about sitting on his head and his body? So basically the cops did nothing wrong huh???

I never said that, I was answering YOUR assertion, you said:

they end up killing him because of a choke hold.

The article I posted show, that is most likely pure BS.

I saw this random youtube video a while back, and a white cop was searching a "suspect", who happened to be a big black man.

As he was patting him down, the cop grabbed something unusually large stashed inside the suspect's crotch area.

He looked up at the suspect and asked him, "What is this, sir?" And the big black man replied "That's a penis."

Last edited:
I see they were protesting in NYC today. The story is getting bigger

I saw this random youtube video a while back, and a white cop was searching a "suspect", who happened to be a big black man.

As he was patting him down, the cop grabbed something unusually large stashed inside the suspect's crotch area.

He looked up at the suspect and asked him, "What is this, sir?" And the big black man replied "That's a penis."

I saw a video similar, but to me it was because the guys pants were far below his waist, therefore the cop ended up touching his junk. Terribly funny and embarrassing. This is the one I saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
CaféAuLait;9479712 said:

I saw a video similar, but to me it was because the guys pants were far below his waist, therefore the cop ended up touching his junk. Terribly funny and embarrassing. This is the one I saw.

Hahaha. Yeah it was pretty similar

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back