This story in New York makes my blood boil

And people here wonder why I don't say nice things about the Police.

And it didn't even look like the man was resisting arrest
Actually it is quite obvious he did resist -- repeatedly saying, "Don't touch me," and backing away. Technically that authorized the cops to forcibly restrain him. But the choke-hold is prohibited by procedural directive. So the cop who used it could be in serious trouble.

And people here wonder why I don't say nice things about the Police.

And it didn't even look like the man was resisting arrest
Actually it is quite obvious he did resist -- repeatedly saying, "Don't touch me," and backing away. Technically that authorized the cops to forcibly restrain him. But the choke-hold is prohibited by procedural directive. So the cop who used it could be in serious trouble.

putting your arms up in the air is resisting arrest?

He shouldn't have put his arms up and said "don't touch me". And the cop that slapped him a choke hold needs to be arrested for murder because choke holds are now illegal to use.

He shouldn't have put his arms up and said "don't touch me". And the cop that slapped him a choke hold needs to be arrested for murder because choke holds are now illegal to use.

Cops are not supposed to touch you if you are not commtting crime

For the first time in my life, I am proud of USMB posters!

There were a lot of pictures, but is there a video of this incident?

The man shouldn't have been murdered because that is what it was. Murder. He said quite a few times he could not breathe..and they all piled on him anyway.
But I am betting the cop will not be prosecuted.

I am not sure this is a 100% the cops are in the wrong type case. The man was big and he immediately took a defensive posture...so the cops had to act to take him down. The man had asthma...no the cops did not know that. Did he die from the choke hold or was it an asthma attack? The cops were going to make sure he was in custody before concerning themselves with his complaints...most people who cannot breath, can't speak - so they probably ignored his pleas. You can choke someone and not realize you are choking them.

I know the above is just a big run on sentence...but I don't think I can convict these cops without a thorough. I don't necessarily every question is in favor of the cops, but I am saying this is not an open and shut case.

The man shouldn't have been murdered because that is what it was. Murder. He said quite a few times he could not breathe..and they all piled on him anyway.
But I am betting the cop will not be prosecuted.

And what human can survive a chokehold in additon to another person sitting on their head? sad

I am not sure this is a 100% the cops are in the wrong type case. The man was big and he immediately took a defensive posture...so the cops had to act to take him down. The man had asthma...no the cops did not know that. Did he die from the choke hold or was it an asthma attack? The cops were going to make sure he was in custody before concerning themselves with his complaints...most people who cannot breath, can't speak - so they probably ignored his pleas. You can choke someone and not realize you are choking them.

I know the above is just a big run on sentence...but I don't think I can convict these cops without a thorough. I don't necessarily every question is in favor of the cops, but I am saying this is not an open and shut case.

so anyone should be afraid including the cops when they see a big black men huh?

so anyone should be afraid including the cops when they see a big black men huh?
I never said anything about race. That is why I said I was proud of USMB earlier in this thread...because race was not brought up. And to be frank, race should not be the issue.

I simply stated above that I won't convict these cops before all of the facts are explored. It was a horrible accident...it surely wasn't premeditated and I don't think it was intentional.

Forum List

Back