This story in New York makes my blood boil

now why would you say something so silly?

Because you and he both did?

No one should have on a hoodie in July so of course it would make the person look suspicious

Why should no one have a hoodie on in July? Is it because you are conforming or will it actually cause you to be a thug? Can you give me a rational explanation?

Because its warm is subjective. Not rational.

Because its suspicious only points to fear which is definitely not rational.

Because people will think you are a thug is a personal issue. Not rational.

Something rational would be like proving that wearing a hoodie forces you to commit crimes. If you cant prove that then your only excuse is your are conforming to someone elses dress code.

Last edited:
Cops go overboard and instead of just telling the guy to turn around they end up killing him because of a choke hold.

So sad

Two cops pulled off streets, Staten Island DA looking into death of dad of six after NYPD cop put him in chokehold during sidewalk takedown ? EXCLUSIVE VIDEO - NY Daily News

Whenever I see or hear of stories supposing police brutality I am usually prepared to take the LEO's point of view and his/her safety and concerns take precedent before the (naturally) overly emotional cries and charges by the victim's survivors.

Law enforcement is a tough, tough, dirty, gruelling, boring, thankless and often deadly dangerous job and we need to respect our first responders and pay them well.

Having said that, they exist to protect and serve US.

And if a guy in custody says he can't breathe, you do whatever you can to allow him to breathe for fear he might die, just as this man did.

Hang the cop(s) responsible for this horrible act.

Fire the cop(s), try them and send them to prison for a long time. Sue the City for millions. Change the training in the police dept. And make sure that no one ever dies at the hands of the NYPD again under circumstances like these.

A decent, Black man with 6 kids being killed like that by the Po Po for breaking up a fight is a crime!

Literally!

Last edited:
I don't know about New Jersey, but in Southern California white t-shirts and ironed jeans is Hispanic formal wear.

White t-shirts are for the beach or boardwalk in my opinion

I watched the video. The guy was huge. He wasn't throwing punches but he also was no cooperating in his arrest. My guess is that it was the pile on combined with his size, not the choke hold, that caused his heart attack. He was still talking after the choke hold was released. If you have ever been face down on the ground at the bottom of a pile of football players you know how insanely impossible it is to breathe with all that weight on you.

I watched the video. The guy was huge. He wasn't throwing punches but he also was no cooperating in his arrest. My guess is that it was the pile on combined with his size, not the choke hold, that caused his heart attack. He was still talking after the choke hold was released. If you have ever been face down on the ground at the bottom of a pile of football players you know how insanely impossible it is to breathe with all that weight on you.

I don't care how big he was the death was caused by the police officers, plain and simple

I don't care how big he was the death was caused by the police officers, plain and simple

...or his death was caused by him refusing to turn around and put his hands behind his back when being arrested for illegal cigarette sales (not breaking up a fight as alleged), plain and simple. Lots of ways to parse this.

...or his death was caused by him refusing to turn around and put his hands behind his back when being arrested for illegal cigarette sales (not breaking up a fight as alleged), plain and simple. Lots of ways to parse this.

And that right there is why most people criticize cops because of how they never focus on the real criminals. Just someone selling cigarettes

It was filmed. The pigs should be executed. OMG a big black dude! Let's kill him! Morons.

As a big "white dude", I often get the same treatment which is why I stay as far away from those goddamned mother fuckers as I can.

^^^ They will probably say that the guy was too much of a threat and so they took him out.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Not that I believe what they have to say. There are good cops and then there are cops who need the book thrown at them.

^^^ They will probably say that the guy was too much of a threat and so they took him out.

Holly

P.S. Not that I believe what they have to say. There are good cops and then there are cops who need the book thrown at them.

Increasingly, the cops are more militant post 9-11. There are several reasons for this that I won't expound on.

I will say that this understanding is why I carry a fully equipped, heavily modified so called "assault rifle" at my side most of the time. The armor plate carrier doesn't hurt either. Better to have it and not need it.

Holly

Most cops see black men as a threat period regardless of their size

And that right there is why most people criticize cops because of how they never focus on the real criminals. Just someone selling cigarettes

Someone who commits a crime is a real criminal. I am not sure what other kind of criminal there could be. Just because you do not want to be arrested, you are not going to argue your way out of it with the police. I haven't seen anything to suggest this wasn't an unfortunate accident brought about by both the victim and the officers and the way in which the guy went down. Fat people shouldn't be face down on the ground with their hands behind their backs, but it wasn't like they were beating the guy or anything egregious. Of all the police arrest videos floating around, this one seems pretty tame for the "outrage" it supposedly evokes.

Someone who commits a crime is a real criminal. I am not sure what other kind of criminal there could be. Just because you do not want to be arrested, you are not going to argue your way out of it with the police. I haven't seen anything to suggest this wasn't an unfortunate accident brought about by both the victim and the officers and the way in which the guy went down. Fat people shouldn't be face down on the ground with their hands behind their backs, but it wasn't like they were beating the guy or anything egregious. Of all the police arrest videos floating around, this one seems pretty tame for the "outrage" it supposedly evokes.

Regardless if it was a accident or not the cops should be disciplined

They had no reason to arrest him. This is what happens when you dont have legal representation at your finger tips. Police know they can do whatever simply because you dont know your rights.

Regardless if it was a accident or not the cops should be disciplined

I think quite a few officers should be better educated on how to handle situations, including those people with special concerns.

Part of the problem in my area I think is that officers often patrol alone for budget reasons so they are more defensive. We have had people with mental illness threatening nobody but themselves shot, and one guy I know had hearing aids in both ears and he was tazed like he was in an electric chair by a whole group of officers because he "sounded drunk" and was not responding properly to a half dozen of them telling him a half dozen different orders. People for whom English isn't even a decent second language also have gotten the bad end of the stick, literally and figuratively.

I am not excusing the officers, but I just do not see anything in the video that makes me think this was some out of control situation on either side. It was a fluid encounter that went bad. I feel for the guy and his family, but the cops certainly do not need to be flogged in Times Square based on what I saw either.

Forum List

Back