This Is Why Colored People Aren't Taken Seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love trolling the primitives. They get worked up so easily :auiqs.jpg:
If that is what counts as intellectual stimulation for you, go for it honey, and we’ll clutch pearls and wail at the sky with the best of them. Don’t want to get in the way of your learning experiences.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
How language grows and changes over time is a huge topic. This includes the meaning of words, their use, and acceptance (or lack of acceptance) and much more.

Most people seem to credit linguists for determining what changes should or should not be made. But the simple truth is that changes in our language come about as a direct result of how a majority of our population use the language on a daily basis.

It's an interesting subject. If you have a sincere interest, there are many classes you can take, and there are tons of books that can add to your knowledge.

But, honestly, I think your question was simply posed because you're a wiseguy. And, judging by many of your posts in this thread, that is probably your usual approach to engaging others in a thread.

Some might call it nitpicking rather than being a wiseguy, but the end result is the same. Nonsense questions that are apparently designed to annoy rather than add to the conversation or rant under way. But I could be wrong, maybe it's just the way you enjoy interacting with others.
One, really nice post, but second, no, not being a wise guy.

Who decides what is derogatory? Culture, in general, but also (once they have a voice) those to whom it is aimed: blacks, Jews, Hispanics…not the majority who has been using those words.

The OP started out with three points (and I’m not trying to pick on her, because I think she really is a nice person): stating she isn’t racist, using the oddly archaic and somewhat offensive term “colored” and equating equality with a certain expectation of behavior that is only to blacks. When you put it all together, choice of words DO matter as does intent behind them. We choose words for a reason (remember the “feral negro” threads we used to get?), but maybe colored is still in common use in some parts of the country (it just isn’t in mine) and there is no intention to offend by using it. But Miriam explained very well, why it is offensive in the black community.

When you combine word choice with a double standard it does come off as racist. I used debate with another really good poster here on what constituted anti semitism when criticizing Israel. If you hold Israel or the Jewish people to a unique standard that you apply to anyone else, that would be antisemitis. For example questioning it’s right to exist. The same thing applies to racism, in this case, questioning their inherent right to equality and basing it on a standard of behavior. That standard is not applied to any other group, NOR is any other group’s right to equality ever questioned. That, along with the choice of words is what makes it racist imo and maybe food for thought.

The response always seems to be “I have right to offend” rather than, “maybe I’ll use a different term next time”…it is all about freedom of choice.

Maybe you should look at the primary source. Asians have their own niche.

The article clearly states that I have been excluded from 'people of color,' dope.

Why do I need my own?

Did you see this article.......they defined me out of the group.

"University Of Maryland Creates New Racial Category: ‘Students Of Color Minus Asian’​

...a chart comparing freshman admissions rates at the University of Maryland between two categories, “White or Asian students” and “Students of Color minus Asian.”

The photo has the University of Maryland’s logo attached at the bottom. The chart compared admissions and enrollment rates among freshmen in the fall of 2017 to admissions rates in the fall of 2021. The data showed that general admissions have gone up as have average weighted GPAs, according to the chart posted by journalist Christopher Rufo.

The chart classifies students by race, though the university opted to create a new racial category called “Students of Color minus Asian.” Asian students aged 18-24 have the highest nationwide college enrollment rates, averaging approximately 60 percent, according to a 2020 study by the National Center for Education Statistics.

The university’s Diversity and Inclusion Dashboard similarly creates a separate category for Asian students. The university boasts of its “underrepresented minority” category, which includes students who are “African-American/Black, Hispanic, American Indian, and Native Hawaiian.”

University Of Maryland Creates New Racial Category: ‘Students Of Color Minus Asian’

A photo emerged of a chart comparing freshman admissions rates between two categories, “White or Asian students” and “Students of Color minus Asian.”
dailycaller.com

Looks like I ain't one no mo'.....

Asians aren't defined out of anything.

Reading appears to be one more of your inabilities.

"University Of Maryland Creates New Racial Category: ‘Students Of Color Minus Asian’​

...a chart comparing freshman admissions rates at the University of Maryland between two categories, “White or Asian students” and “Students of Color minus Asian.”

The photo has the University of Maryland’s logo attached at the bottom. The chart compared admissions and enrollment rates among freshmen in the fall of 2017 to admissions rates in the fall of 2021. The data showed that general admissions have gone up as have average weighted GPAs, according to the chart posted by journalist Christopher Rufo.

The chart classifies students by race, though the university opted to create a new racial category called “Students of Color minus Asian.” Asian students aged 18-24 have the highest nationwide college enrollment rates, averaging approximately 60 percent, according to a 2020 study by the National Center for Education Statistics.

The university’s Diversity and Inclusion Dashboard similarly creates a separate category for Asian students. The university boasts of its “underrepresented minority” category, which includes students who are “African-American/Black, Hispanic, American Indian, and Native Hawaiian.”

University Of Maryland Creates New Racial Category: ‘Students Of Color Minus Asian’

A photo emerged of a chart comparing freshman admissions rates between two categories, “White or Asian students” and “Students of Color minus Asian.”
dailycaller.com

What is insane about good manners?

Nothing, but it's getting to the point where you're obsessing over this now. If I had to be concerned about saying colored people, then I would have to be concerned about everything I say. And that's not happening. Somebody already pointed out that if colored people (and yes I'm still saying that) are truly offended by being calling colored then change the name of the NAACP.

I'm never offended.

Me neither. I used to be, but why should I let what somebody says about me bother me? What more can they possibly do to me? Especially some random anonymous people over the internet.

The OP started out with three points (and I’m not trying to pick on her, because I think she really is a nice person):

Thanks, I think you're a really nice person too,.. but you have your flaws just like the rest of us but that just makes you human. It doesn't mean I don't like you, it just means that I don't always like the way you act.

The article clearly states that I have been excluded from 'people of color,' dope.

Why do I need my own?

dailycaller.com

Looks like they clumped everyone into just two groups for that one stat. Blacks ain't one no mo' either. Or whites. Or hispanics. Why are you whining?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Looks like they clumped everyone into just two groups for that one stat. Blacks ain't one no mo' either. Or whites. Or hispanics. Why are you whining?

Try to take your hoof out of your mouth and answer this query: are Asians considered 'people of color'?

Now, before you feel obligated to lie for your party.....

Person of color - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Person_of_color
The term "person of color is primarily used to describe any person who is not considered "white".

Here's a bonus question, to see if you have even the tiniest ability to be honest: why have Asians been removed from the category?

I asked what he said that you disagree with and you came up blank
It is apparent that I disagree with it all. So much so that I refuse to watch the video.

White people like you and ms goldigger cherrypick videos of blacks to support your racism. To use that guy to paint the entire black population while you bitches consistently whine about not all white people when we talking about racists like you shows what kibd of idiot you truly are. That guy is wrong and he is another example of a black person who has internalized racism.

Reading appears to be one more of your inabilities.

dailycaller.com

Asians aren't excluded from jack shit.

"A photo emerged of a chart comparing freshman admissions rates between two categories, “White or Asian students” and “Students of Color minus Asian.”

Asians are included with whites (using a line from Dann Akroyd) you ignorant sl--.

Maybe you learn how to read.

Somebody already pointed out that if colored people (and yes I'm still saying that) are truly offended by being calling colored then change the name of the NAACP.

White people don't get to determine what is offensive for anyone but whites. So if you want to change names then tell every white person with the last name white to change theit last name since calling people white seems to offend people like the OP.

Asians aren't excluded from jack shit.

"A photo emerged of a chart comparing freshman admissions rates between two categories, “White or Asian students” and “Students of Color minus Asian.”

Asians are included with whites (using a line from Dann Akroyd) you ignorant sl--.

Maybe you learn how to read.

No vulgarity, no matter how stupid I've made you feel.

No vulgarity, no matter how stupid I've made you feel.
You don't make the rules here bitch and:

Asians are not being excluded.

You don't make the rules here bitch and:

Asians are not being excluded.

Your reading skills fall well short of acceptable levels.

Or....you are simply a low-life lying Liberal.

Readers can decide.

You should learn how to address your betters.....I work so hard to educate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back