This is the guy you support ??

Mally said:
Ok Gunny thats cool, so you dont care what your president sounds like, you dont care if he often sounds like a complete idiot in public. Ok thats cool, I accept that. No problems here, thats what I wanted to know. Do other people feel the same way ? So when you watch those videos you bascially say , meh , that dont bother me , he is doing what I like ? And if so thats fair. I wholeheartedly disagree but I accept your opinion.

Fact is, he doesn't sound like an idiot. He sounds like a person who is a poor speaker, but he gets his message across. I'm interested in the content, not the wrapping paper and bow.

Mally,

Have you ever mispoken? Gotten tongue-tied? Tried to say one thing but said something that sounded similar...perhaps even to embarrassing outcomes?

For example, a friend of mine in high school once tried to say, "The answer is forty six," but accidently said, "forty sex." Following your example we instantaneously pointed her out to be the idiot she obviously was and stopped talking to her, afterall, we were smart people. We still hold this opinion of her years later. Even though she is going for her Doctorate in English, WE know the truth, don't we, Mally?

Bush isn't a great public speaker...no shit. However, if we followed you around with a video camera 24-7 for the next 15 years or so my guess is we could put together a couple of pretty hysterical videos of you looking like a royal ass. It doesn't mean you aren't intelligent...or an ass...that is yet to be determined, in my opinion.

Do I wish Bush were a more effective public speaker? Absolutely. But putting that forward as a main reason to dislike the man is asinine. Much like the people who didn't like John Kerry because he looked like Herman Munster.

The fact that you have started with Bush's public speaking flubs as a main reason for your dislike for him does not bode well for your ability to communicate effectively here. It represents that you are more willing to follow the talking points than think for yourself, very similar to those who didn't like Kerry because of "flip flops" but couldn't discuss any of them in detail.

Perhaps you have "real" reasons why you dislike Bush, perhaps you will share them here...however, I have to tell you, at this point I'm expecting your next post to be, "I don't like Bush because he looks like a chimp...here are a lot of pictures of Bush being compared to monkeys...Why would we elect a man who looks like a ape, thats dumb!"

USMCDevilDog said:
Ok man you needa re-think your approach here. Yes, Bush is not the smartest man in the world but I woulda picked him over Kerry anyday! The last elections were not that good when it came to canidates.

Bush messed up on some words, that's it, he isn't #1 at knowing what every word means in the world. He's the President, yes, but he is still HUMAN and humans make mistakes wether they're the President or a damn Iraqi boy throwing rocks at a SAW Gunner, that's just that.

You needa get over it, your bitching isn't going to help nothing, Bush is President through and through, if you don't like it vote in 3 years and stand your ground. Till then, shut up and deal with it, you can't do shit about it.

Hey. I like you man! Welcome!

Mally said:
Wait, you dont have the plugins, I honeslty dont think you could watch those videos and say that he sounds fine. He did not flub a word, he flubs whole sentences and personally I think its embarassing.

Well, personally you should be embarrassed, but it's got nothing to do with George Bush.

thats fine Dillo , we agree to disagree. I think Bush is an idiot, you think hes smart and quite capable of running the country. I personally dont see how you can watch those videos and Say "yeap thats the man I want running my country right there" I think its quite laughable. Everytime me and my workmates watch these we just crack up laughing. You have to admit he does sound quite stupid in those videos. Anyone who says differently either didnt watch them or has blinders on.

dilloduck said:
Mally---My grandfather couldn't read nor write but farmed for 50 years and could DO anything ( including give (yes GIVE) John Deere ideas on how to improve their farm equipment ). If you went to his farm, guess who would look like the complete idiot. Get some depth.

Mally said:
What a joke ? What a moron this guy is. I would like to see someone defend the things this guy says. This is actually too funny. I showed this some guy at work and heres what he said. "You know the country isnt run by one person" ...LOL...Great so lets elect the village idiot to run things cause he "Surrounds" himself with good people. LOL...how freaking funny.

You have to paste these into your browser for them to work.

http://homepage.mac.com/duffyb/nobush/iMovieTheater212.html

Oh wait.. heres another good one.

http://homepage.mac.com/duffyb/nobush/iMovieTheater281.html

seen em both...so what...

Why should I be embarassed rtwng ? Could you please explain ? All I did is post some videos that make him sound like a moron. gunny posted his point thats cool. No one else has really said anything, I assume though that most of you think what gunny does which is you dont care what he sounds like or how he speaks at all. You dont think thats an important quality. Thats cool, I just wanted to hear you all say it.

rtwngAvngr said:
Well, personally you should be embarrassed, but it's got nothing to do with George Bush.

Mally said:
thats fine Dillo , we agree to disagree. I think Bush is an idiot, you think hes smart and quite capable of running the country. I personally dont see how you can watch those videos and Say "yeap thats the man I want running my country right there" I think its quite laughable. Everytime me and my workmates watch these we just crack up laughing. You have to admit he does sound quite stupid in those videos. Anyone who says differently either didnt watch them or has blinders on.

so the idiot calls the moron stupid....and thinks he is superior....classic

Mally is reminding me of someone recently departed from the board. Umm what was that name...??? :laugh:

Mally said:

You think he's an idiot because he isn't Richard Burton on the mike?

Dude, you are WAY too superficial to be allowed to vote.

Mally said:
Why should I be embarassed rtwng ? Could you please explain ?

Using such superficial criteria to make an argument about the effectiveness of a president reveals the shallowness of your own thinking. See? You should be beet red, but as you said, you're stupid, so you don't know enough to be embarrassed. I can tutor you in being smart if you wish.

Kathianne I wont even respond to you. Ive seen your posts and you are so far up Bush's arse that you dont even warrant a response. You would refuse to see anything wrong with him even if it landed on your nose and started to wiggle.

Mally said:
Why should I be embarassed rtwng ? Could you please explain ? All I did is post some videos that make him sound like a moron. gunny posted his point thats cool. No one else has really said anything, I assume though that most of you think what gunny does which is you dont care what he sounds like or how he speaks at all. You dont think thats an important quality. Thats cool, I just wanted to hear you all say it.

No. actually most of said he's an ok speaker. We know these videos are not how he ALWAYS is. Can you read? If not. Check out this site:

http://www.rif.org

Mally said:
Kathianne I wont even respond to you. Ive seen your posts and you are so far up Bush's arse that you dont even warrant a response. You would refuse to see anything wrong with him even if it landed on your nose and started to wiggle.

You just responded to her.

Mally said:

You sure come on here with some snap judgements. There's a big difference between agreeing with everything Bush says and not seeing his faults, and being a superficial nimrod who thinks he's dumb because he hasn't taken acting classes.

Forum List

Back