This 6 minute video sums up the shocking facts of American wealth and inequality

I don't think there are that many going without enough food. We have welfare and stores like Dollar General that have low food prices. I think the bigger problems are having enough to afford housing, utilities, gas for our cars, basic clothing and money for unexpected necessary expenses.

People that work shouldn't struggle to afford their basic needs. They should also be able to afford a reasonable sense of finacial security.

Financial security will probably never be a reality for the majority of Americans. They will probably work their whole lives helping others to have that and more money than they will ever need.

What is so fundamentally wrong with struggle? You say that like work is a dirty word. Some people live a life in fear of the unknown, for those folks no amount of money will ever give them a reasonable sense of security, financial or otherwise.

Nothing wrong with work. Anyone that can or needs to, should. Struggling to afford just basic necessities is wrong. Why should people work for that alone? There should more to working than just affording basic needs.

No it's not. Life is not fair, life is not supposed to be easy. Struggle is one of the best motivators in life. You want more than just the basic needs? In this country... if you can't figure out how to get past the basic needs for your family you are just not trying. Which may be because you have been "helped" to much. Just sayin. I make my kids work. It teaches them character and responsibility for oneself. Giving kids everything they need teaches them entitlement.

Man......there are some people here who have dark, ugly hearts.

I am most impressed by the genius who expects people with no money to buy food ( in grain form ) in bulk for discounts. It is just wonderful logic. Arrogant fuck.
We give them money for food. Dark heart is the jerk who wants that money spent on crap instead of decent food. If we give someone 175 a month in food assistance should that be spent on "food" they need for the entire month or 15 visits to McDonalds? A small bag of rice at the store costs many times more by ounce than rice in bulk.

You are ignorant of the realities of life for people who need public assistance. You need to stop listening to the people you are listening to. They are misinforming you. The things you are saying here make it clear that you do not know what you are talking about.
Ok please explain what is the benefit of buying meals with EBT cards from McDonalds. What is the benefit of buying kit kats over making your own scratch cookies. I would like to understand why the poor need these two things, McDonalds and Kit Kats, more than I do.

Last edited:
What is so fundamentally wrong with struggle? You say that like work is a dirty word. Some people live a life in fear of the unknown, for those folks no amount of money will ever give them a reasonable sense of security, financial or otherwise.

Nothing wrong with work. Anyone that can or needs to, should. Struggling to afford just basic necessities is wrong. Why should people work for that alone? There should more to working than just affording basic needs.

No it's not. Life is not fair, life is not supposed to be easy. Struggle is one of the best motivators in life. You want more than just the basic needs? In this country... if you can't figure out how to get past the basic needs for your family you are just not trying. Which may be because you have been "helped" to much. Just sayin. I make my kids work. It teaches them character and responsibility for oneself. Giving kids everything they need teaches them entitlement.

Good for you.

No takers?
Billy,

This is a supremely educational video. It presents the facts in an easily digestible form and the conclusions are irrefutable. The problem is so many otherwise intelligent and reasonable Americans have been effectively indoctrinated by the kind of repetitive inculcation imposed by an emerging corporatocracy that a hardened shell has formed around the kind of right-wing propaganda put forth daily by the likes of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Shan Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Mark Levin, et al, all of whom are millionaire aspirants to the One Percent category.

A shell of such density is difficult to penetrate. To do so takes time and an effort equal to the brainwashing propaganda it seeks to overcome. If this video could be shown several times a day via Fox News and other right-wing mediums, day after day, week after week, the dying middle class could be revived and restored. But the unfortunate reality is the corporatocracy has taken control of the media, which has full access to the collective mind of America.

there is a freezer compartment in EVERY refrigerator. and the latter one is an obligatory part of any apartment.

A freezer compartment is not a standard sized freezer and that is what was quoted.

I would think we would have a mandate that the folks receiving money for food in the form of welfare assistance have passed a test showing they know how to spend their food budget wisely and have the means for doing so. For example, they should have the means to store enough food to cook meals for their family for say a week. If they don't have access to a freezer and a means to heat food i would argue they don't have a means to spend our welfare $ wisely, thus I would argue money would be better spent for a food line for that person till they can show they have the basic rudimentary means to do spend money for food wisely.
Whats the point in buying in bulk whe 25% of it gets thrown out anyways~
“American families throw out approximately 25% of the food and beverages they buy,” the report says. It cites several reasons, including that food has been so cheap and plentiful in the United States that Americans don’t value it properly.

40% of U.S. food wasted, report says ? This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

The greatest Country in the world manages to offer Constitutional protection to a population of illegal aliens equal to the entire population of Sweden. Nobody in the Country dies of malnutrition unless they choose to do so. We have the greatest Military the world has ever seen and we saved the world from tyranny at least two times in the last century and yet the radical left still whines about the unfairness of it all.
What has been done and continues to be done to America's economy and its middle class throughout the past three decades is far more than simply unfair. It is a massive, ongoing crime that nothing but a full-scale political revolution can recover from and rectify.

Who the fuck cares? Nobody is equal, we all have different skills and abilities.

The USA became the world's #1 economy BECAUSE we let people have the freedom to try things for themselves while your Progressive economies are the worlds poorest and need armed guards to keep running and walls to keep the sane and productive from fleeing

I am not suggesting we become equal. I am okay with the idea of a CEO making much more money than a low level employee. However, these stats are insane. This is NOT how it should be. The middle class is shrinking. That is a problem.
Why don't you tell us "How it should be" and then explain how you think that goal should be achieved.

BTW....the wealth gap does NOT take a single crumb of food off of your table. It is a false premise that there should be a narrower wealth gap. Pure greed on your part.

The greatest Country in the world manages to offer Constitutional protection to a population of illegal aliens equal to the entire population of Sweden. Nobody in the Country dies of malnutrition unless they choose to do so. We have the greatest Military the world has ever seen and we saved the world from tyranny at least two times in the last century and yet the radical left still whines about the unfairness of it all.
What has been done and continues to be done to America's economy and its middle class throughout the past three decades is far more than simply unfair. It is a massive, ongoing crime that nothing but a full-scale political revolution can recover from and rectify.

The poster Vox on here pointed it out to me , when the poor is not dirt poor and they have the cellphones, 50 inch T.V's cable, food stamps, etc..etc... no one is going to revolt /riot just complain.

Here is the point that many people miss. Even if wealth was redistributed evenly in this country it would be the same top 1% that would again be far ahead in 5 or more years. The problem is not who has the wealth. The problem is that most lack the knowledge to create it and make it grow. Those in the top 1% know how to create wealth. Everyone else dances to the beat and contributes to that wealth.

Here is the point that many people miss. Even if wealth was redistributed evenly in this country it would be the same top 1% that would again be far ahead in 5 or more years. The problem is not who has the wealth. The problem is that most lack the knowledge to create it and make it grow. Those in the top 1% know how to create wealth. Everyone else dances to the beat and contributes to that wealth.

The thought is not finished . You told us who is to be blamed for, but stopped short on telling what to do :D

P.S. it is an allusion to "who is responsible and what to do" - a famous two-phrase slogan in the eve of some revolution ;)

Last edited:

Idk, if you wiped it out and started with a clean slate, doubt if the walton kids or koch brothers or the Rothchilds would be worth more than 100 grand for example. Old money is name and inherritence (spl?) only.

The thought is not finished . You told us who is to be blamed for, but stopped short on telling what to do :D

P.S. it is an allusion to "who is responsible and what to do" - a famous two-phrase slogan in the eve of some revolution ;)

I'm not blaming anyone per say. The only way to "do" something about it would be to learn how to do what the top 1% do. Lack of knowledge and opportunity is what keeps people back. There are libraries all over the US but I heard that something like less than 10% have library cards.

Idk, if you wiped it out and started with a clean slate, doubt if the walton kids or koch brothers or the Rothchilds would be worth more than 100 grand for example. Old money is name and inherritence (spl?) only.

IDK if everyone that creates wealth (old money) passes the skill down to their children but more than likely they do. Its a mindset that usually is preached in the household. For instance, wealthy people tell their children to go to college to network and learn how to buy companies. Everyone else tells their children to go so they can get a "good job" and work to make others wealthy.

I'm not blaming anyone per say. The only way to "do" something about it would be to learn how to do what the top 1% do. Lack of knowledge and opportunity is what keeps people back. There are libraries all over the US but I heard that something like less than 10% have library cards.

Don't take it personally. Your post is reasonable. It was just funny to read the board's Marianna waving the flag ;) so I used your post as an reference point.
But you are generally correct

Don't take it personally. Your post is reasonable. It was just funny to read the board's Marianna waving the flag ;) so I used your post as an reference point.
But you are generally correct

No worries. I saw your smiley but neglected to put one on my comment.

IDK if everyone that creates wealth (old money) passes the skill down to their children but more than likely they do. Its a mindset that usually is preached in the household. For instance, wealthy people tell their children to go to college to network and learn how to buy companies. Everyone else tells their children to go so they can get a "good job" and work to make others wealthy.

Guess you never read up on the spolied waltons kids fight for power. Sam drove an old pick up truck till the day he died, his kids were nasty.

Partly because these children do not have the capacity to benefit from the kind of networking the children of the "rich" do. Those children have to be acceptable as a friend and associate. They aren't. They aren't raised that way.

Why can immigrants do it? They come here with zip and become wealthy or at least very well off. I can name a dozen that I've known personally that have done it. Rich people have a drive that isn't universally shared. They don't retire, ever, they take very few vacations. Their children are taken to work as soon as they can walk and talk.

Guess you never read up on the spolied waltons kids fight for power. Sam drove an old pick up truck till the day he died, his kids were nasty.

No I havent read up on them. Doesn't the family still own majority shares of WalMart?

Forum List

Back