They Want War - H.R. 758

It condemns the Russians for invading Ukraine. Offers assistance to Ukraine, and promises help should Russia shut off the supply lines.

We are part of NATO and the UN whether you like it or not. Countries have an obligation to take actions against aggressive nations whether they are weak or strong. You don't give Russia a free hand in this situation. And Sanctions and assistance are in order.

To not do this encourages even more from Russia and other nations.

I see no problem with this Resolution.

That's because you are a stupid warmonger.

The US has invaded , or threatened to invade, almost every country on the face of mother earth.

Other countries see the need to defend themselves against US imperialism.
That is a matter of Opinion...........and fails to see the other side of the equation...........................

There is a thread I'm on right now showing how in this century over 100 MILLION Chineese have died as a result of the War and Communist revolution....................Mao was such a great guy...........killing millions to gain power................starving over 30 million more..........................

Perhaps we should look to their lap dog North Korea..............it's going great for them as well........as they slap their own people in gulags...........for daring to say something against their own government.................

Let's look at Stalin and his rise to power...............20 million plus purged to come to power..................

How about Cambodia and the killing fields...................

How about the Genocide in Bosnia........................

How about Hitler and the 10's of millions slaughtered................

How about Japan and the millions slaughtered..............

How about the Islamist who kill any who don't believe as they do..................

How about half the population of Syria displaced by radical islam and the current civil war.................

NO.....NONE OF THIS MATTERS TO YOU DUMB ASS.....................It's ALL ABOUT HOW FUCKED UP WE ARE................If you want these examples to be HOW WE SHOULD BE MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FUCKING HEAD EXAMINED...............

We have butted in over time..............we have not been right every time...............but we are a HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN THE EXAMPLES POSTED.................

Pick a side dumb ass.

Listen dingle berry

What's with this holier than thou bullshit

Ape Lincoln slaughtered over 600,000 Americans in order to protect taxation and real state.

Slick Willy murdered 90 Davidians on prime TV time after terrorizing them for over 90 days.

We have a massive police state wherein there are 2,400,000 inmates in our prisons.

We have a behemoth government which spies on its citizens , and which also harass them on the highways and airports.

So shut the fuck up.

We have a behemoth federal gove
I don't think so................public forum and if you don't like what's being said change the channel.

We have issues and I've stated that...........but to compare this Resolution to what others in the world have done over time is BS...................

This Resolution is to back up Sanctions against Russia to support Europe and the Ukraine and nothing else..................It was a message to Putin, of where the United States stands over Ukraine.................We are not the only country to do so............European nations and Canada have done the same.............hell Canada offered to start shipping the oil to Europe if Putin wanted to play hard ball..............

If Putin wants to lose the oil business in Europe, all he has to do is escalate in Ukraine.............in which case Russia will pay a heavy toll for doing so Economically.

BULLSHIT.

The US has ways to FORCE other nations to join the fray

U.S. threatened to bomb Pakistan after 9/11: Musharraf

By Gertrude Chavez-Dreyfuss

NEW YORK (Reuters) – President Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan said that after the September 11 attacks the United States threatened to bomb his country if it did not cooperate with America’s campaign against the Taliban in Afghanistan.
Funny you should say that considering that the Seals shot and killed OBL there...............and the origins of the Taliban are from there...............

Nah, we didn't have any danged reason to go after the master mind of 9/11..........................They should have turned him in to us instead of harboring him..............................

So we threatened to put a boot up their asses..............

So what.

The guy in my avatar, if he were alive today, might feel we've done enough for Europe in the last 100 years.

IMO, since we've successfully encouraged and exported the American model of Capitalist Constitutional Republics...and the world is catching up with us...it's time to take off the training wheels.

Let the rest of the world stand on it's own two feet, no matter how wobbly their legs are.

Yeah just roll over and do nothing, hide and pretend the world isn't there. See what the Russians do next.

You'd think we'd learned our lesson to stay the fuck out of civil wars. Look at the political affiliations there. We Republicans and Democrats can get downright cooperative when it comes to swinging the Big Stick.
I'm not certain how to feel about this.

We have, indeed, screwed the pooch, time and again, by intervening in civil wars, and, oftentimes, either on the wrong side, or ineffectively, or in ways that do not endure and stand the test of time - oftentimes at great expense in the blood of our countrymen, and much national treasure.

One would think that we would have learned our lesson by now.

And yet, this is Round One of New Era Russian Imperialism, with Ukraine as the backdrop, and the former thralldom in which the Ukraine had been held, as the apologia.

Compounded by historical Soviet-Russian starvation of millions of Ukrainians in the early Soviet era, and Ukrainian and Cossack ethnic cleansings and population displacements and the insertion of hundreds of thousands of ethnic Russians into lands not theirs, in the years following the victories of World War II.

Do we keep our noses out of it, and let Ukraine fall, and thereby risk losing the rest of Eastern Europe, which is definitely pro-West nowadays, after decades under the Soviet-Russian heel, and do we send the wrong message to Vlad, that we will not stand up for our friends and allies, in extremis, when it gets right down to where The Bear shits in the woods?

Or do we help our friends and allies (including ally-wannabes) to take a stand against raw expansionism; stopping Putin now, before he really gets out of control?

enhanced-buzz-16529-1380596627-5.jpg

"...They should have stopped Hitler at Munich. They should'a never let him get away wit' dat. They were just askin' for big trouble when they let him get away wit' dat..."

Another... and different... sort of 'learning from history' viewpoint.

It's a difficult call... both approaches have merit... and, one of these days, we'll get it right, intervening in a civil war in an effective manner when needed... but the big question is, should we, this time, and... I just don' t know.

I'm leaning towards intervening, but... I just don't know.

Last edited:
The guy in my avatar, if he were alive today, might feel we've done enough for Europe in the last 100 years.

IMO, since we've successfully encouraged and exported the American model of Capitalist Constitutional Republics...and the world is catching up with us...it's time to take off the training wheels.

Let the rest of the world stand on it's own two feet, no matter how wobbly their legs are.

Yeah just roll over and do nothing, hide and pretend the world isn't there. See what the Russians do next.
Oh brother...

It is NOT the Russians doing it. It is the American government owned by the military industrial complex and lead by a bunch of corrupt lying stinking politicians OF BOTH PARTIES!!!

Oh brother...

It is NOT the Russians doing it. It is the American government owned by the military industrial complex and lead by a bunch of corrupt lying stinking politicians OF BOTH PARTIES!!!

We've evidently tricked the Russians into aggressive action then. This diabolical plot is insidious in it's ability to force the Russians to invade the Ukraine. We are indeed the masters of global manipulation.

Oh brother...

We've evidently tricked the Russians into aggressive action then. This diabolical plot is insidious in it's ability to force the Russians to invade the Ukraine. We are indeed the masters of global manipulation.

Your posts reflect poorly on you.

You are not informed...so please stop posting.

There's a lot of truth in this of course. Look how heavily invested members of top American government officials or their families already are in Ukraine. Biden and Kerry are just two of many. They've got Ukraine all carved up and ready to pass out to its new Yankee landlords...even if it costs the American taxpayer tens of billions, and the American military barrels of blood. I say we stay the hell out of it.

The U.S. has a war based economy. The pentagon budget is almost $3 trillion per year. Without war our economy tanks, and all of congress knows it. You can thank Ronnie Raygun and the cons for that.
Bullshit.
Obama has cut military spending practically to zero. We have a transfer payment economy--transfer money from working productive people to layabouts like you.

It condemns the Russians for invading Ukraine. Offers assistance to Ukraine, and promises help should Russia shut off the supply lines.

We are part of NATO and the UN whether you like it or not. Countries have an obligation to take actions against aggressive nations whether they are weak or strong. You don't give Russia a free hand in this situation. And Sanctions and assistance are in order.

Unfortunately, America (one of the most corrupt nations on earth these days) shows aggression on a fairly routine basis. We have a Communist leader sitting in the White House and a two-party system that's allowing a full-fledged invasion of our land from unfriendly nations to our south. Why is America's sense of "morality" (at this stage of the game) more genuine than any other nation on earth?
We have our problems and have flexed our muscles across the globe....................I would agree with that...............

But not to the invasion of Ukraine by Russia on the global scale............Ukraine is a country and has been openly invaded by Russian forces..........we and the world have an obligation to condemn it..........which is what this bill does and shows support for Ukraine.........................

If you want to say we are the problem...................then do 2 wrongs make a right...................................

You either believe that Russia shouldn't be invading Ukraine or not.........There are only 2 sides to the equation. Which side do you agree with......................

I think we should clean up our own messes before cleaning up someone else's. I'm not all that certain that the Ukraine is aligned with "the American way" so I'm not too sure who the "bad guys" are on that end of the world -- Russia or the Ukraine or both. When we stop our own invasion then we can concentrate on stopping other invasions. JMO

Unfortunately, America (one of the most corrupt nations on earth these days) shows aggression on a fairly routine basis. We have a Communist leader sitting in the White House and a two-party system that's allowing a full-fledged invasion of our land from unfriendly nations to our south. Why is America's sense of "morality" (at this stage of the game) more genuine than any other nation on earth?
We have our problems and have flexed our muscles across the globe....................I would agree with that...............

But not to the invasion of Ukraine by Russia on the global scale............Ukraine is a country and has been openly invaded by Russian forces..........we and the world have an obligation to condemn it..........which is what this bill does and shows support for Ukraine.........................

If you want to say we are the problem...................then do 2 wrongs make a right...................................

You either believe that Russia shouldn't be invading Ukraine or not.........There are only 2 sides to the equation. Which side do you agree with......................

I think we should clean up our own messes before cleaning up someone else's. I'm not all that certain that the Ukraine is aligned with "the American way" so I'm not too sure who the "bad guys" are on that end of the world -- Russia or the Ukraine or both. When we stop our own invasion then we can concentrate on stopping other invasions. JMO
If that were a reasonable rationale we would NEVER get involved in a war unless someone was pouring over the border.

If that were a reasonable rationale we would NEVER get involved in a war unless someone was pouring over the border.

Yup!!

Ignoring a possible global problem creates a bigger mess later................

We aren't going to War in Ukraine..................but we damned sure need to let them know we aren't gonna put up with any shit either...................which is why sanctions are a way to go................Russia's pockets aren't deep, and it's a way to stop escalation.

Yup!!
Yeah isolationism is a 100% fail.
And it's gay.

Are you claiming that ONLY neocons are behind perpetual war? As you can see from the vote on this resolution, it was extremely bipartisan. Both parties want perpetual war, just like they both love the welfare state, open borders, amnesty, deficit spending, police state, and ever bigger government.

Beating up a local neocon is foolish. He is likely a dupe with no power.
There's basically no difference between the republican and democrat party's. They are flip-sides of the same coin. They both answer to the same class of people. Doesn't matter what they think anyway, they're not calling the shots. The corporate oligarchy giving them all that special interest money, is setting the agenda.

Both Obama and Bush are corporate bitches, doing what they're told like good little whores.

Yup!!
And it's gay.

And you believe that being the world's police force when we can't even clean up our own back yard is somehow "righteous?" You are aware that we're (Democrats AND the GOP) are allowing millions upon millions of illegals into this land? You are aware that America just "legalized" gay marriage? You are aware that we murder more babies than any other nation (other than Communist China) in "legal" abortion mills? You are aware that America has become a nation of fat slobs? You are aware that the Federal government is 100% beholden to special interest groups and NOT the People of the USA? If you are not aware of these things then you're either blind or a total fool!!!

That said ... what gives the USA the right to determine for the rest of the world what is right and what is wrong? Come on you brainwashed, government lackey ... give us a really good answer.

Ignoring a possible global problem creates a bigger mess later................

We aren't going to War in Ukraine..................but we damned sure need to let them know we aren't gonna put up with any shit either...................which is why sanctions are a way to go................Russia's pockets aren't deep, and it's a way to stop escalation.

One "global problem" is the USA and her Globalist, Socialist, Secular policies and sense of "amorality." We're setting a standard that we don't want anyone else to follow or emulate. We massacre our own babies. We cave in to the queer lobbyists. We cower in fear when our own Federal Government steals land from hard working ranchers like Bundy. We sit idly by while Mexico pours over our border. We sign Global Treaties with Communists and allow them to become the world's #1 economic power. We allow all of these things to take place while flexing our self-righteous muscles when Russia dares to do something unrighteous! Not too sure I follow the logic.

Are you claiming that ONLY neocons are behind perpetual war? As you can see from the vote on this resolution, it was extremely bipartisan. Both parties want perpetual war, just like they both love the welfare state, open borders, amnesty, deficit spending, police state, and ever bigger government.

Beating up a local neocon is foolish. He is likely a dupe with no power.
There's basically no difference between the republican and democrat party's. They are flip-sides of the same coin. They both answer to the same class of people. Doesn't matter what they think anyway, they're not calling the shots. The corporate oligarchy giving them all that special interest money, is setting the agenda.

Both Obama and Bush are corporate bitches, doing what they're told like good little whores.

Two sides of the exact same coin. They simply take turns being heads or tails. Which Party is sealing our southern border? Neither! Which side is reining in the power of the Federal Government? Neither! Which Party is re-establishing America's sovereignty and pushing for a more powerful economic presence in the world? Neither!

The next 2 to 6 years under a GOP dominated Congress (both houses) will prove my point. Even if we get an establishment-approved GOP President nothing will change. Some of us can feel like we won the Super Bowl but the rules of the game won't change.

War is peace, slavery is freedom, the state protects from terrorism instead of being terrorists.

This is the new model of thinking.

Yup!!
And it's gay.

And you believe that being the world's police force when we can't even clean up our own back yard is somehow "righteous?" You are aware that we're (Democrats AND the GOP) are allowing millions upon millions of illegals into this land? You are aware that America just "legalized" gay marriage? You are aware that we murder more babies than any other nation (other than Communist China) in "legal" abortion mills? You are aware that America has become a nation of fat slobs? You are aware that the Federal government is 100% beholden to special interest groups and NOT the People of the USA? If you are not aware of these things then you're either blind or a total fool!!!

That said ... what gives the USA the right to determine for the rest of the world what is right and what is wrong? Come on you brainwashed, government lackey ... give us a really good answer.
Seriously?
SHow me another country that doesnt have MORE problems than the U.S.
Illegals? Gay marriage? ABortion? So what?? What does that have to do with foreign policy?
We are a force for good in the world, generally speaking. Ask the millions in Eastern Europe we helped free from communism about it sometime.

Oh brother...

Your posts reflect poorly on you.

You are not informed...so please stop posting.

No wrong again, my posts reflect poorly upon you because creatures like you don't live anywhere outside superficial rhetoric.

Forum List

Back