I hate selling a used vehicle!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
So I finally got going on selling my late mom's 2011 Jeep Liberty 4X4.

j 010 (2).JPG

Fuck me.....

First I had to wash and clean it out.....All the while dodging the wasps who thought it was a good idea to set-up housekeeping inside the passenger side rear view mirror.

Then I had to take pics for FB Marketplace.

Then I had to go and get a couple of For Sale signs as I had misplaced (or tossed) the ones I thought I had and letter them up.

Then I had to list it (after three vain attempts) on FB.

I'm sure i'll get a bunch of dumb-shit inquiries.....So let the fun begin! ;)

View attachment 950422

Fuck me.....

First I had to wash and clean it out.....All the while dodging the wasps who thought it was a good idea to set-up housekeeping inside the passenger side rear view mirror.

Then I had to go and get a couple of For Sale signs as I had misplaced (or tossed) the ones I thought I had and letter them up.

/——/
1716395154282.png

Looks like a nice car. That makes selling it a bigger pain.

The last car I sold was an old junker. It ran, but it was a junker. Easiest time ever. No crowds and I just took the first offer and was rid of an eyesore.

Don't meet someone late at night in a secluded location for them to "take a look at it".

Be careful, lot's of scary people out there, and some of them carry guns!

Yeah, I just don't have a use for it....Hell, it's only got 47,606 miles on it.
I had a car I luved. It had issues. Chevy Corsica - I Set it on fire 3 times. It had flammable rugs. lol
my cigs always seemed to land in a bad place. The worst one- fell off- and some how got into the shifter thingy- between the rubber -so I couldn't put it out. I was driving thru town with smoke coming out four windows.
Drove past the car wash- no quarters. Peeled into my docs. halp. 12 spaghetti buckets of water to put it out.
I sold it cheap to a guy named Barry. A year later asked Barry- what happened to my car?- he said It burned up :D

View attachment 950422

Fuck me.....

/——/ A gas station or small used car dealer will take in on consignment. You don’t have to deal with the buyer.

For One Eye- I think it was the third time? By then_ I was traveling with water- I live on a rural road 7 miles from town- the car is on fire? it happens again?
I pulled over- -I'm ok -I have a gallon of water- I figure I'm ok?
A kind man- pulls up behind me- to halp?
he comes up to the window-
he's on OXYGEN!!!
run baby run,

i was going to give the old van to a local homeless charity, but the dealer offered me a $500 trade in on the nissan. i guess he just jacked the nissan price up to cover it, but it was easier to just drive away in the nissan.
Yeah, it would be good trade-in fodder but I don't need another vehicle.

Lots of bites now....Only one tried low-balling me so far.

BOOM!

I sold it to a family up the road from me that wanted it for family camping trips....Cash on the barrelhead.....The signs paid off. ;)

One woman (said she was from Africa) called just as I handed over the tile saying she was coming to look at it.....I told her it was sold and she started crying.

I sure did not waste any time marking it sold on FB.

Forum List

Back