Zone1 Putin warns that sending Western troops to Ukraine risks a global nuclear war - should the west show restraint and force the Ukranians in negotations?

This is pure sillyness I am sure.
So why did Russia attach Kiev and then withdraw?

Not a chance. If you want to cultivate a sensible discussion then you'd better ask if joint forces of the US, Britain, and a conglomeration of NATO based in Ukraine would be capable of militarily defeating Russia. I wouldn't bet they could defeat Russia either but it would be worth discussing.
The Afghans drove out the Russians out of their country and the Ukrainian are much more powerful than they were.

So why did Russia attach Kiev and then withdraw?
First of all, you know nothing about war tactics and second of all Russia doesn't want Kiev. Your question is the same as asking why after punching your nose did I pull my fist out of your face afterward.
The Afghans drove out the Russians out of their country
It's worth discussing for sure.
... and the Ukrainian are much more powerful than they were.
That's got nothing to do with it.

First of all, you know nothing about war tactics and second of all Russia doesn't want Kiev. Your question is the same as asking why after punching your nose did I pull my fist out of your face afterward.
You have no idea what I know of tactics just as I don't know what you know (so far I'm not impressed).

Russia lost a lot of men and equipment and gained nothing. A better analogy would be why would Russia punch me in the face and break their fist if they knew what they were doing.

You have no idea what I know of tactics just as I don't know what you know (so far I'm not impressed).

Russia lost a lot of men and equipment and gained nothing. A better analogy would be why would Russia punch me in the face and break their fist if they knew what they were doing.
gained "nothing"??? Really??

First of all, you know nothing about war tactics and second of all Russia doesn't want Kiev.
First of all, that's a laughable lie.

Putn told the world he would take Kyiv in a matter of weeks and even had a puppet president standing by in Belarus to travel to Kyiv to take over.

Take your lies elsewhere.

Of course they can. The Afghans beat the Russians even though the Russians never lost a battle. Same goes for the Vietnamese vs the US.
We should consider the fact neither Afghanistan nor Vietnam were considered as existential threats to the Russian Federation or the USA..

Ukraine is considered an existential threat to Russia, and they will not accept any outcome other than removing that threat permanently.

This maps is almost two years old:
_124428218_ukraine_russian_control_areas_map_2x640-nc.png.webp

By one recent account, the Russian military is 15% larger today than it was in May of 2022; hopefully we agree Ukraine's military is not larger today than when this map was published.

It strikes me as completely irrational to imagine Ukraine will drive the Russians from the territory they currently occupy.

Kherson: How is Russia imposing its rule in occupied Ukraine?

We should consider the fact neither Afghanistan nor Vietnam were considered as existential threats to the Russian Federation or the USA..

Ukraine is considered an existential threat to Russia, and they will not accept any outcome other than removing that threat permanently.

This maps is almost two years old:
_124428218_ukraine_russian_control_areas_map_2x640-nc.png.webp

By one recent account, the Russian military is 15% larger today than it was in May of 2022; hopefully we agree Ukraine's military is not larger today than when this map was published.

It strikes me as completely irrational to imagine Ukraine will drive the Russians from the territory they currently occupy.

Kherson: How is Russia imposing its rule in occupied Ukraine?
I suspect it was Putin who declared Ukraine an existential threat. When he is gone maybe the threat will be gone too.

"This is how it will go down in history - as an inhuman and hateful regime of terrorists and Nazis who betrayed the interest of their people and sacrificed it for Western money and for Zelenski and his closest circle.

In these conditions, attempts by the head of the Kiev regime to promote his formula and convene summits in support of the Kiev regime cause only confusion.

Very soon the only topic for any international meetings on Ukraine will be the unconditional capitulation of the Kiev regime.

I advise you all to prepare for this in advance." -- Vasily Nebenzya, the Permanent Representative of Russia to the United Nations
i don't think the Ukis are Nazis, nor that war-graft is the only consideration in play here.

If we quit sending them money it's a self-correcting problem.
The fact that Ukraine hasn't fallen yet after months of being without US funding is an excellent indication of just how much of that money was grifted off.... Boomeranged back..... and just outright stolen.

In the case of Russia/Ukraine I most definitely agree with Russia's assessment and their remedy-method. With regards Russia/Afghanistan I don't know. Speaking about the US/Vietnam the lie was gigantic. Washington touted it as a war of necessity to stem "The Red Horde" that was at America's gate. Washington said it was fighting in the employ of Democracy when, in actual fact, it was bent on thwarting and destroying Democracy.

Forum List

Back