These damn gas prices are hurting my wallet.

I am spending in excess of 800.00 per month on this shit. I know prices usually spike right before summer but these prices are absurd.

What is the reason?
/----/ Thank the enviro-wackos for summer blends and the new shipping regs:
New shipping fuel regulation set to hit commodities - Financial Times
Subscribe to read
May 30, 2017 - A change in international fuel regulation little discussed outside the shipping industry is set to wreak havoc on the world of commodities. In an attempt to curb emissions from ships, the UN International Maritime Organization has placed a cap on sulphur content in marine fuel oil ...

Since almost none of our oil comes by ship, what has that got to do with increased fuel prices?

What do you think is going to happen?

Trump has put us on a path to where Iran either decides to give up it’s nukes or we are going to put boots on the ground in the Middle East again. Middle east instability = higher gas prices.

Except we don't get much of our supply from the ME at all. Ours comes from South America and Canada with just a very small amount coming from the ME. This is why I always say that the ME is not OUR problem. It's the Europeans problem.
More ignorant shit.

Oil is traded world wide and that dictates the price not individual suppliers

Oh well, I guess you had better start sending letters and emails to those in charge of the oil! God forbid you are paying 55 cents more per gallon!

Trump has put us on a path to where Iran either decides to give up it’s nukes or we are going to put boots on the ground in the Middle East again. Middle east instability = higher gas prices.

Except we don't get much of our supply from the ME at all. Ours comes from South America and Canada with just a very small amount coming from the ME. This is why I always say that the ME is not OUR problem. It's the Europeans problem.
More ignorant shit.

Oh well, I guess you had better start sending letters and emails to those in charge of the oil! God forbid you are paying 55 cents more per gallon!
You see 55 cents. I see HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WASTED PER MONTH

Gas prices ALWAYS go up in the summertime. That is the time when people are doing their most traveling, so of course, they are going to raise the prices at the pumps!
See this is where you can tell when people are paying attention.

Prices are not this high because of summer.

Gas prices climb to four-year high in time for Memorial Day weekend

These same outlets say these same things EVERY summer though! Then the prices go down, then they go up and everybody complains again. We see this same thing year after year after year.
When you use as much fuel as I do you know when prices are absurdly high. I have to fill up 3 to 4 times a week. Last week we had a TWENTY CENT JUMP in one fucking day.

You may not notice if you dont fuel a lot but I do
Didn't you already fold those fuel prices into your pricing/fees? During the last huge bump in oil prices, when it was $3.98/p gallon, the lawn service hiked my lawn mowing fees from $50 to $65, citing the outrageous spike in gas prices. Everyone who had to drive to get here was tacking on a 'fuel charge.' Then it went back down to $2/p gallon and the lawn service never reduced its rates. A lot of companies never stopped the fuel charge. So if it goes back up to $4, they're all set. You're not?

That is what MOST business owners do. They include the price of fuel in their quotes for a job.

More ignorant shit.

Incredibly daft comment.
Oil prices effect everything from the price of produce to the price of the stuff you get from Amazon.com. Consumer gas prices are more problematic since nobody has a contract with Exxon. Large companies with fleets have contract prices that lock in a set price regardless of rises.

In many European countries, they pay more than DOUBLE what we pay at the pump. Keep that shit in mind when you are bitching.

In Europe, they drive about as much in a year as we do in a month. Big difference!

What about people who own companies, like landscaping business or construction business? You have to travel and you have to fuel up all of your equipment too.

Gas prices ALWAYS go up in the summertime. That is the time when people are doing their most traveling, so of course, they are going to raise the prices at the pumps!

These same outlets say these same things EVERY summer though! Then the prices go down, then they go up and everybody complains again. We see this same thing year after year after year.
When you use as much fuel as I do you know when prices are absurdly high. I have to fill up 3 to 4 times a week. Last week we had a TWENTY CENT JUMP in one fucking day.

Didn't you already fold those fuel prices into your pricing/fees? During the last huge bump in oil prices, when it was $3.98/p gallon, the lawn service hiked my lawn mowing fees from $50 to $65, citing the outrageous spike in gas prices. Everyone who had to drive to get here was tacking on a 'fuel charge.' Then it went back down to $2/p gallon and the lawn service never reduced its rates. A lot of companies never stopped the fuel charge. So if it goes back up to $4, they're all set. You're not?

That is what MOST business owners do. They include the price of fuel in their quotes for a job.
You have no idea what you are talking about twit.

More ignorant shit.

Incredibly daft comment.
Oil prices effect everything from the price of produce to the price of the stuff you get from Amazon.com. Consumer gas prices are more problematic since nobody has a contract with Exxon. Large companies with fleets have contract prices that lock in a set price regardless of rises.

What is incredibly daft? Then he will have to go out of business, I suppose. He has two choices. Pay or don't pay.

Bullshit. My boyfriend is a contractor and he knows all about the construction industry. They charge their clients for estimated fuel costs. Those costs are INCLUDED in the quote for the job.

More ignorant shit.

Incredibly daft comment.

What is incredibly daft? Then he will have to go out of business, I suppose. He has two choices. Pay or don't pay.

Your comment was daft.
You singled him out as if he were doing something wrong. You don’t seem to understand that when the price rises, we all pay more for the items we purchase.

More ignorant shit.

Incredibly daft comment.

Listen ya dingbat, unless you have NEVER in your life complained about something as a consumer you need to SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop talking out of your ass.

More ignorant shit.

Incredibly daft comment.

Listen ya dingbat, unless you have NEVER in your life complained about something as a consumer you need to SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop talking out of your ass.

Oh, why don't you just open up a beer and get yourself drunk and silly. Then you'll feel better.

More ignorant shit.

Incredibly daft comment.

Why don't you stop bitching and starting stupid bitchy threads all the time, ya dingbat snowflake!

Bullshit. My boyfriend is a contractor and he knows all about the construction industry. They charge their clients for estimated fuel costs. Those costs are INCLUDED in the quote for the job.
As stated it depends on the job. You can not just willy nilly raise prices assuming all your competition is. Living in a large metropolitan area has steep competition.
You do not know what you're talking about

Forum List

Back