These damn gas prices are hurting my wallet.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I am spending in excess of 800.00 per month on this shit. I know prices usually spike right before summer but these prices are absurd.

What is the reason?

I am spending in excess of 800.00 per month on this shit. I know prices usually spike right before summer but these prices are absurd.

What is the reason?
Summer vacations. Happens every year. Here prices went up 6 cents overnight. Memorial Day weekend.

What is the reason?
/----/ Thank the enviro-wackos for summer blends and the new shipping regs:
New shipping fuel regulation set to hit commodities - Financial Times
Subscribe to read
May 30, 2017 - A change in international fuel regulation little discussed outside the shipping industry is set to wreak havoc on the world of commodities. In an attempt to curb emissions from ships, the UN International Maritime Organization has placed a cap on sulphur content in marine fuel oil ...

What is the reason?
Summer vacations. Happens every year. Here prices went up 6 cents overnight. Memorial Day weekend.
These prices haven't been seen in 4 or 5 years.

Crude prices have been on a slow climb as the oil glut of 2015-2017 is being used up. When prices were lower some fracking/enhanced oil recovery wells were no longer profitable so they shut down.

Those wells should be coming back online as prices go up and should balance out the market.

Also as stated above the summer blend thing plus the beginning of driving season all drive prices up.

Gas prices ALWAYS go up in the summertime. That is the time when people are doing their most traveling, so of course, they are going to raise the prices at the pumps!
See this is where you can tell when people are paying attention.

Prices are not this high because of summer.

Gas prices climb to four-year high in time for Memorial Day weekend

These same outlets say these same things EVERY summer though! Then the prices go down, then they go up and everybody complains again. We see this same thing year after year after year.

Gas prices ALWAYS go up in the summertime. That is the time when people are doing their most traveling, so of course, they are going to raise the prices at the pumps!
See this is where you can tell when people are paying attention.

Prices are not this high because of summer.

Gas prices climb to four-year high in time for Memorial Day weekend

These same outlets say these same things EVERY summer though! Then the prices go down, then they go up and everybody complains again. We see this same thing year after year after year.
When you use as much fuel as I do you know when prices are absurdly high. I have to fill up 3 to 4 times a week. Last week we had a TWENTY CENT JUMP in one fucking day.

You may not notice if you dont fuel a lot but I do

What is the reason?
These prices haven't been seen in 4 or 5 years.
I know. But the last 20 cents is thanks to summer.
I don't know why oil is up, generally, except that somehow or other we always get screwed.

Forum List

Back