There is something seriously wrong with this mans "mind"

It's an expression of leadership... The goal being less butchery...

In the Middle East and North Africa???

What about the rest of the world.

Oh, have we gotten word of other places in the world were people are rising up within the last year?

Well they try in china and russia, but they shut them down real quick. not like we would do anything there anyway.

Jillian, really, you're okay with someone with a pro-Muslim agenda using Passover to illustrate how alike Jews and Muslims are?

Really?

What's so wrong with him drawing human inspiration from their religious story...? Are we Christians supposed to be offended when politicians invoke the spirit of giving at Christmas or the spirit of forgiveness and sacrifice at Easter...???

The underlying message is that sort of inspiration transcends religion and is fundamental to the human condition... I haven't heard of any Jews who are offended.

"the passage of the children of Israel from bondage and repression to freedom and liberty" applies to the "modern stories of liberation in the Middle East."

Obama wished Jewish families around the world a happy Passover and urged that the world must work to "alleviate the suffering, poverty, injustice, and hunger of those who are not yet free."

Honestly, Valerie...this has NOTHING to do with what he said. It is simply that no matter what he does, no matter what he says...they are going to twist it into something awful.

Just because you routinely defend him even when he is wrong does not mean everyone who posts something against him is equally mindless.

What's so wrong with him drawing human inspiration from their religious story...? Are we Christians supposed to be offended when politicians invoke the spirit of giving at Christmas or the spirit of forgiveness and sacrifice at Easter...???

The underlying message is that sort of inspiration transcends religion and is fundamental to the human condition... I haven't heard of any Jews who are offended.

"the passage of the children of Israel from bondage and repression to freedom and liberty" applies to the "modern stories of liberation in the Middle East."

Obama wished Jewish families around the world a happy Passover and urged that the world must work to "alleviate the suffering, poverty, injustice, and hunger of those who are not yet free."

Honestly, Valerie...this has NOTHING to do with what he said. It is simply that no matter what he does, no matter what he says...they are going to twist it into something awful.

Just because you routinely defend him even when he is wrong does not mean everyone who posts something against him is equally mindless.

I'm not too keen on everything he does, or fails to do....but c'mon people...a Passover statement....divisive? This is like Mustard-gate again.

Yes, you moron.
Ah, apparently you cannot help but be rude.

If you want to impress us that you think a quote from the President is divisive, it would be a good start for you to get the quote right, don't you think?

I believe the people are rising up against those brutal regimes that have been long established....and as for any genocide in the places mentioned...you might want to look FIRST to the newly established regime in Iraq, driving out their Christian population...a population that was well established before the last regime was replaced by......us.

Aren't you supposed to be digging up the vast multitude of lies you say I have told? I still haven't seen any, lol.

Done...have a look here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3548759-post2011.html
and
http://www.usmessageboard.com/3549186-post2025.html

There was SO MUCH, I had to put it in two posts...two LOOOOONG posts. I encourage Everyone to check them out for themselves. You can read my commentary, but nothing beats going back to the source of the lying.

Oh. My. god.

As I said, you apparently don't know what a lie is, and thus are unable to provide examples of them.

I don't have problems recognizing lies. I pointed out quite a few of yours. But, of course, we don't expect you to say 'it's a fair cop' now, do we? :lol::lol::lol:

Not to mention that the Israelis don't sound all that outraged or insulted. In fact they seem quite happy with Obama.

Matzah balls at the White House: Obama hosts third Passover seder - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
I guess you missed the article in the OP.

rightwing israelis don't like him. they love neo-cons. i think neocons make israelis look bad.

my opinion, of course.

:doubt: Israeli Jews are a lot smarter than most American Jews or at least they are not so blind as to fall in love with a demagogue..

Obama's approval rating in Israel goes from 31% to 6% in one monthThe percentage of Jewish Israelis who see the Obama Administration as being pro-Israel has declined from 31% to 6% since May 17 according to a JPost/Smith poll published in Friday's editions.

http://politifi.com/news/Obamas-approval-rating-in-Israel-goes-from-31-to-6-in-one-month-183182.html

Last edited:
This>>>>

Is divisive? :eusa_eh:

Yes, you moron.

If you want to impress us that you think a quote from the President is divisive, it would be a good start for you to get the quote right, don't you think?

Where Muslims are BUTCHERING their own people, as well as Jews and Christians, establishing brutal regimes, and committing genocide.
I believe the people are rising up against those brutal regimes that have been long established....and as for any genocide in the places mentioned...you might want to look FIRST to the newly established regime in Iraq, driving out their Christian population...a population that was well established before the last regime was replaced by......us.

Aren't you supposed to be digging up the vast multitude of lies you say I have told? I still haven't seen any, lol.
Done...have a look here:

and

There was SO MUCH, I had to put it in two posts...two LOOOOONG posts. I encourage Everyone to check them out for themselves. You can read my commentary, but nothing beats going back to the source of the lying.

Can I ask you a serious question and get an honest answer?

Why is it divisive for a minister to stand up in front of an audience in the name of Jesus Christ, but not divisive to mention uprisings that have the nation of Israel seriously concerned that their long time allies are going to end up joining their enemies in the same breath you mention a holiday that happens to be one of the holiest days of the Jewish year?

Would you also consider not divisive if Obama stood up during Ramadan and talked about the Catholic Church and its progress in overcoming its image of child abuse?

How about if he speaks up next February and talks about the historic role of white missionaries and how they brought civilization to Africa?

Is it possible that the reason you do not see this as divisive is that you are incapable of seeing Islam the way it is, and that you are trapped in a world where Islam is more peaceful than Buddhism, taught Gandhi about civil disobedience, and produces unicorns and rainbows?

I understand what you're saying Allie, but I don't think that's what the president did...

""the passage of the children of Israel from bondage and repression to freedom and liberty" applies to the "modern stories of liberation in the Middle East."

Which modern stories of liberation do you think he was comparing to? I mean, he came right out and made the comparison. It floors me that people will say "no, that's not the comparison he was making at all!"

Another case of him saying one thing and people pretending he meant something else.

The ones that don't end in butchery..............

Would that be the story of Egypt where the military is arresting the people who led the uprising against Mubarak?

Maybe you are talking about the one in Iran where they are financing the uprising in Yemen.

Which uprising are you talking about? Please, enlighten me.

Obama, the Interpreter of the Message of Passover

Passover recalls the bondage and suffering of Jews in Egypt and the miracle of the Exodus, but U.S. President Barack Obama says its message is reflected in Muslim uprisings.

In his annual message, prior to his third straight participation in the Passover Seder, President Obama stated, “The story of Passover…instructs each generation to remember its past, while appreciating the beauty of freedom and the responsibility it entails. This year that ancient instruction is reflected in the daily headlines as we see modern stories of social transformation and liberation unfolding in the Middle East and North Africa.”

Obama, the Interpreter of the Message of Passover - A7 Exclusive Features - Israel News - Israel National News
Islamic fundamentalism cannot be construed as liberation unless you believe Mohammad was a prophet of god.

How do you twist a Jewish religious event, against arabs, into a political meaning of the 21st century?

Jews were slaves and treated poorly so they exscaped enmasse, or fought thier way out.

Arab dictators treat people like crap and they want to replace that with theocracy [if anyone thinks it will be democracy, you need help], then the tribal rivalries, that the dictator kept underwraps, will re-ignight.

The ME is fucked. Shit there will get much much worse before it gets better.
Thank God we still have separation of church and state.

I'm not too keen on everything he does, or fails to do....but c'mon people...a Passover statement....divisive? This is like Mustard-gate again.

I don't think it was divisive. I think it was completely offensive.

I don't think it was divisive. I think it was completely offensive.

TOTALLY offensive. It showed he didn't have a CLUE to the meaning.

dude, if he had said something offensive about gays you would be all over his ass.

no pun intended :eusa_whistle: :lol:

Done...have a look here:

and

Oh. My. god.

As I said, you apparently don't know what a lie is, and thus are unable to provide examples of them.

I don't have problems recognizing lies. I pointed out quite a few of yours. But, of course, we don't expect you to say 'it's a fair cop' now, do we? :lol::lol::lol:

Yet you won't actually name a lie.

Instead you provide links to things like questions, opinions, theoretical statements, and pretend those are lies.

Pssst...a lie has a definition. You should look it up. The definition isn't "Every word uttered by someone who intimidates you intellectually".

Yes, you moron.

Done...have a look here:

and

Why is it divisive for a minister to stand up in front of an audience in the name of Jesus Christ, but not divisive to mention uprisings that have the nation of Israel seriously concerned that their long time allies are going to end up joining their enemies in the same breath you mention a holiday that happens to be one of the holiest days of the Jewish year?

Would you also consider not divisive if Obama stood up during Ramadan and talked about the Catholic Church and its progress in overcoming its image of child abuse?

How about if he speaks up next February and talks about the historic role of white missionaries and how they brought civilization to Africa?

Is it possible that the reason you do not see this as divisive is that you are incapable of seeing Islam the way it is, and that you are trapped in a world where Islam is more peaceful than Buddhism, taught Gandhi about civil disobedience, and produces unicorns and rainbows?

I don't think that's divisive either.

Done...have a look here:

and

You would if Haley Barbour did it.

Done...have a look here:

and

I think you're lying.

I think you're lying.

Shit? She doesn't even know the truth...she denies it when it is flung in her face for all to see...HOW is she supposed to know when she's lying?

There's NO distinction in her world.

I think you're lying.

I don't think that's divisive either

and I don't care if you think I'm lying...because you have shown that you can't picture people having any views besides those you assign them...you put people in little black and white catagories and cannot imagine anything outside your little lines.

Forum List

Back