What in the hell is wrong with people?

The hardcore fiscal conservatives didn't just 'vanish,' they evolved. Into what? Think about it, I'll wait...

:eusa_whistle:

Uh, no. Not really. I mean in your addled brain, you probably think that's "clever".

But the fact is, whenever we get Republicans in the White House, we get HUGE deficits. Between giving tax breaks to their rich buddies and buying expensive toys for the military that don't work, they spend like a sailor on leave at a whorehouse.

True.

While at the same time trying to deny minorities and women their civil rights.

I can recall a time when the opposite was true, when republicans were fiscally responsible and advocates of civil liberties.

I can remember that too.

You know what that means?

We're OLD. :eek:

While having a doctor who wants to help people is great, I think the point is that if someone is choosing a career, the potential income from that career is almost surely going to be a factor.

So, while in any system many doctors will hopefully choose their profession based on a desire to heal people, you are likely to get more of them to make that choice if they can get paid well for doing it.

I don't mind doctors being well compensated for their skill.

But a lot of the money spent on medicine are on people who really provide no value, they are simply sucking off the system. I mean execs who make 8 figures to deny care, I mean the three employees every doctor's office has to process claims, I mean the labs that perform unnecessary tests so the doctor can either cover himself from lawsuits or get a kickback for referrels

We waste a lot of money to get the worst health care in the industrialized world.

:rofl: So you think the solution to waste and redundancy is to turn things over to government? Because we all know that every person working a government job is providing a value we can't live without, right? Government contracted services are all models of absolute efficiency because everyone in the process is simply performing selfless work because they love serving the people and have no monetary interest whatsoever, right? That's what you believe?

NONE of what you have listed is changed with Obamacare, except that it will be taken out of the hands of free market capitalism and placed in the hands of government. Now we can all see how this effects cost by looking at the cost of education once government began making student loans. When there is no more competitive capitalist element to control price, the result is ever-increasing price.

Now back to the point you've tried to make... Let me ask you something, why are you here wasting your time posting on an Internet forum? Shouldn't you be out there volunteering to feed the homeless or care for the needy? It's seems there is a lot better things you could be doing right now other than this, if you really did care about people.

So Bush had an eight year warning that this was a possibility, and he was pretty much reading My Pet Goat again.

Wrong again my friend, quite wrong as a matter of fact.

l]

Guy, you can cherry pick whatever shit you want trying to blame this and confuse the issue.

But it's a very simple one.

The Economy Crashed and Burned.

Bush was at the wheel.

Why are we even discussing this?

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the modern liberal. :eusa_clap:

'WHY ARE WE DISCUSSING FACTS!?! I *FEEL* IT HAPPENED THIS WAY, THEREFORE IT HAPPENED THIS WAY! WHY ARE WE EVEN DISCUSSING THIS?!?'

Dude. Take the panties off and at least try. :lol:

What strikes me as really funny about this is, Obama is out there today crowing about.....

What's ironic to me, is the way hardcore cult-tard fiscal conservatives suddenly just vanish, the moment a POTUS with an (R) at the end of their name takes office.

Kinda like hardcore cult-tard useful idiots

The hardcore fiscal conservatives didn't just 'vanish,' they evolved. Into what? Think about it, I'll wait...

:eusa_whistle:

Uh, no. Not really. I mean in your addled brain, you probably think that's "clever".

But the fact is, whenever we get Republicans in the White House, we get HUGE deficits. Between giving tax breaks to their rich buddies and buying expensive toys for the military that don't work, they spend like a sailor on leave at a whorehouse.

Hey Joe, grab your calculator and do a little math for me, will ya? What makes you more money, getting $1.00 from 10 people or getting $.98 from 11 people?

This is pretty simple, so even you should be able to get it...

[

:rofl: So you think the solution to waste and redundancy is to turn things over to government? Because we all know that every person working a government job is providing a value we can't live without, right? Government contracted services are all models of absolute efficiency because everyone in the process is simply performing selfless work because they love serving the people and have no monetary interest whatsoever, right? That's what you believe?

Guy, you can spew whatever Young Republican shit you've heard on the internet all day.

When you've grown up and lived in the real world, let me know

Wrong again my friend, quite wrong as a matter of fact.

l]

Guy, you can cherry pick whatever shit you want trying to blame this and confuse the issue.

Bush was at the wheel.

'WHY ARE WE DISCUSSING FACTS!?! I *FEEL* IT HAPPENED THIS WAY, THEREFORE IT HAPPENED THIS WAY! WHY ARE WE EVEN DISCUSSING THIS?!?'

Guy, I used to be more right wing than you are.

I voted for Bush twice.

And at the end of it, I got a 20% reduction in pay, an underwater mortgage and a busted 401K.

Unlike you, I can learn from a mistake.

[

Guy, you can spew whatever Young Republican shit you've heard on the internet all day.

So you want to dodge the questions???

I hope that I don't EVER live in YOUR "real world" buddy... if I do, I hope the unicorns and pixies are friendly!

You've done absolutely nothing in this thread but spew liberal talking points, LIE and denigrate others.

I voted for Bush twice.

:bsflag: Right... Like someone is going to actually believe that? :rofl:

Bush was at the wheel.

I voted for Bush twice.

And at the end of it, I got a 20% reduction in pay, an underwater mortgage and a busted 401K.

Bush wasn't a conservative, you dumbass.

[

I hope that I don't EVER live in YOUR "real world" buddy... if I do, I hope the unicorns and pixies are friendly!

You've done absolutely nothing in this thread but spew liberal talking points, LIE and denigrate others.

I've worked for government agencies and private sector agencies.

In both you find the same amount of people who are enthusastic about the job, the same amount who don't give a shit, and the same number of managers who are good at driving people from the first group into the second group.

The main difference is what the goals are.

In the private sector, the goal is to make a shitload of money for the people in charge. In some ways, that can be good, if you are providing a consumer good and you want your consumer good to stand out above the other guys.

But it's a lousy way to provide needed public services. Which is why we have the most expensive health care system in the world with the worst results.

I voted for Bush twice.

Right... Like someone is going to actually believe that? :rofl:

when you have your boss tell you he's firing you because you ran up too many medical bills and it's "A good thing I don't have to deal with a union", you'd be amazed how fast one becomes disillusioned with the GOP and their love for the wealthy.

[
Bush wasn't a conservative, you dumbass.

LOOK OUT, IT'S THE NO TRUE SCOTSMAN FALLACY!!!!

6a0133f3d447b0970b0133f3d44f13970b-320pi

I've worked for government agencies and private sector agencies.

In both you find the same amount of people who are enthusastic about the job, the same amount who don't give a shit, and the same number of managers who are good at driving people from the first group into the second group.

In the private sector, the goal is to make a shitload of money for the people in charge. In some ways, that can be good, if you are providing a consumer good and you want your consumer good to stand out above the other guys.

But it's a lousy way to provide needed public services. Which is why we have the most expensive health care system in the world with the worst results.

I voted for Bush twice.

Right... Like someone is going to actually believe that? :rofl:

when you have your boss tell you he's firing you because you ran up too many medical bills and it's "A good thing I don't have to deal with a union", you'd be amazed how fast one becomes disillusioned with the GOP and their love for the wealthy.

You are so completely full of shit we need to call Roto-Rooter!

There is no difference in goals with respect to private or public sector employees. Individuals have a myriad of goals, aspirations, dreams, objectives, wants, needs and desires and they all differ from person to person. MOST people want to satisfy their bosses by proving their value as an employee. No one that I know of works because they don't care about money and just like to work... not to say there aren't a few, but I don't know of any and never have. I've never known of anyone to turn down a raise or offer to give back part of their salary because they didn't feel they deserved it.

You expressed a disdain for people who make "8-figure incomes" but I'm betting if YOU earned an 8-figure income you'd be quite okay with that. I have found that most of the idiot lefties who complain about huge CEO salaries, have NO idea what a CEO does. You've all allowed yourself to be brainwashed into accepting the fallacy that people don't deserve their incomes. You're not doing their job, you're not the one paying their salary, so you have no way of knowing whether they deserve it or not. You're acting on pure unadulterated jealousy and envy, and nothing more. It is GREED personified!

Which is why we have the most expensive health care system in the world with the worst results.

There are dozens of reasons the price of American health care is high, and NONE of these are addressed at all with Obamacare. You've merely switched who has the burden of paying from one entity to another. You've taken it out of the hands of a private sector free market supply and demand competitive pricing system, and put it in the hands of government. The result is going to be disastrous.

And we do NOT have the worst results, we have the BEST results. Nearly every groundbreaking medical breakthrough has come via the US health care system.

Last edited:

There is no difference in goals with respect to private or public sector employees. Individuals have a myriad of goals, aspirations, dreams, objectives, wants, needs and desires and they all differ from person to person. MOST people want to satisfy their bosses by proving their value as an employee. No one that I know of works because they don't care about money and just like to work... not to say there aren't a few, but I don't know of any and never have. I've never known of anyone to turn down a raise or offer to give back part of their salary because they didn't feel they deserved it.

and most people don't get the raises they deserve. WHatever...

You expressed a disdain for people who make "8-figure incomes" but I'm betting if YOU earned an 8-figure income you'd be quite okay with that. I have found that most of the idiot lefties who complain about huge CEO salaries, have NO idea what a CEO does. You've all allowed yourself to be brainwashed into accepting the fallacy that people don't deserve their incomes. You're not doing their job, you're not the one paying their salary, so you have no way of knowing whether they deserve it or not. You're acting on pure unadulterated jealousy and envy, and nothing more. It is GREED personified!

I don't know guy. I work for a European company, our CEO only gets six figures. The fact is, CEO's compensation is not really linked to performance. The CEO of GM got 12 million before the government bailed the company out. I don't see how you "merit' eight figures when your company fails so badly you have to go hat in hand to the government and ask them to fund all your debts.

Which is why we have the most expensive health care system in the world with the worst results.

There are dozens of reasons the price of American health care is high, and NONE of these are addressed at all with Obamacare. You've merely switched who has the burden of paying from one entity to another. You've taken it out of the hands of a private sector free market supply and demand competitive pricing system, and put it in the hands of government. The result is going to be disastrous.

And we do NOT have the worst results, we have the BEST results. Nearly every groundbreaking medical breakthrough has come via the US health care system.

Guy, we highest infant mortality rate in the industrialized world. We have the lowest life expectancy. We have 62% of personal bankruptcies linked to medical crisis. (75% of those people had insurance when the crisis started.) We spend 17% of our GDP on health care while other countries spend 8-11%. One out of four Americans had no health coverage or inadequate health coverage before the ACA.

But a few assholes are getting rich, and that's the important thing to your Young Republican Club, i'm sure.

Bush was at the wheel.

I voted for Bush twice.

And there it is, right on cue. I knew we'd get here eventually. 'Everything wrong in my life is the fault of someone else.'

Textbook liberalism at its finest. My work here is done. Thanks everyone, I couldn't have done it without you.

and most people don't get the raises they deserve. WHatever...

Right... and daisies don't shoot out our ass when we fart! Life's not fair. We don't live in Utopia. There is never going to be a time when everyone gets everything they deserve and all our problems are resolved and everyone is happy and content. That existence is a fantasy. You live in a Narnia world.

In a free market capitalist society, like the one we live in, people are paid according to supply and demand for their services. If you don't make what you feel you deserve, you are free to seek out an employer who is willing to pay you what you deserve. If you can't find one, it's probably because someone else is willing to do the same work for less.

I don't know guy. I work for a European company, our CEO only gets six figures. The fact is, CEO's compensation is not really linked to performance. The CEO of GM got 12 million before the government bailed the company out. I don't see how you "merit' eight figures when your company fails so badly you have to go hat in hand to the government and ask them to fund all your debts.

Well YOU may not see how, but YOU'RE not the one paying the money out. YOU are not privy to all the information and you're making a determination on sheer emotion. The CEO is most definitely paid on basis of merit with regard to performance. If any capitalist could hire a cheaper CEO to do the same job, they would do so, because a capitalist is in business to make the most profit possible. If you believe a company could make do with a cheaper CEO, you are free to go out there and start your own company and hire a cheap CEO and prove your point.

Guy, we highest infant mortality rate in the industrialized world. We have the lowest life expectancy. We have 62% of personal bankruptcies linked to medical crisis. (75% of those people had insurance when the crisis started.) We spend 17% of our GDP on health care while other countries spend 8-11%. One out of four Americans had no health coverage or inadequate health coverage before the ACA.

You are regurgitating statistics that have been cherry-picked and manipulated in order to sell nationalized health care. We've been listening to this shit for 8 years now. Nothing Obamacare did is going to decrease the cost of healthcare or make it more available or improve the quality of it. NOTHING!

Why do we have such a high infant morality rate? Because we are able to avoid stillborn babies by intervening the pregnancy in order to try and save them. This means more of them are born and counted as first day deaths where in another country they would never be counted because they would have been stillborn.

You're contradicting your own argument with the bankruptcy point, you said yourself that 75% had insurance coverage when the crisis started, so the lack of insurance coverage can't be the problem there. We're fortunate enough to live in a country where we can file bankruptcy if we encounter some kind of catastrophic financial situation due to medical costs... in another country, you don't have to worry about filing bankruptcy because you're dead! You either didn't get treated because you didn't have money, or you were treated inadequately and lost your life in the process. Of the 1 in 4 people who didn't have adequate insurance, we have this thing we call MEDICAID available to virtually everyone who can't afford regular insurance.

But a few assholes are getting rich, and that's the important thing to your Young Republican Club, i'm sure.

And yet again, we see here where your problem really lies. You are jealous of people who earn high incomes. You've determined they are all "assholes" and you've developed an envious resentment toward them, and you don't even know a thing about them or what they do.

I have no idea why you keep calling me a "Young Republican" ...I don't belong to the Republican party, and if they can't get over their fixation with Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney, I'm probably not going to vote Republican in 2016. While I don't think of myself as "old" at 54, I am certainly not "young." So why don't we drop the hyperbole, and grow the fuck up here?

True.

While at the same time trying to deny minorities and women their civil rights.

I can recall a time when the opposite was true, when republicans were fiscally responsible and advocates of civil liberties.

I can remember that too.

You know what that means?

We're OLD. :eek:

No. It simply means you're alive today

And there it is, right on cue. I knew we'd get here eventually. 'Everything wrong in my life is the fault of someone else.'

Textbook liberalism at its finest. My work here is done. Thanks everyone, I couldn't have done it without you.

No, the general state of the fucked up economy is Bush's fault.

And until the republicans get their heads out of their asses, they'll keep losing elections.

Well YOU may not see how, but YOU'RE not the one paying the money out. YOU are not privy to all the information and you're making a determination on sheer emotion. The CEO is most definitely paid on basis of merit with regard to performance. If any capitalist could hire a cheaper CEO to do the same job, they would do so, because a capitalist is in business to make the most profit possible. If you believe a company could make do with a cheaper CEO, you are free to go out there and start your own company and hire a cheap CEO and prove your point.

Horseshit. CEO's make money based on how much they can loot from the cookie jar. Nothing more. nothing less. Until people finally get fed up with it and say, "No More".

You are regurgitating statistics that have been cherry-picked and manipulated in order to sell nationalized health care. We've been listening to this shit for 8 years now. Nothing Obamacare did is going to decrease the cost of healthcare or make it more available or improve the quality of it. NOTHING!

Uh, no, guy, those aren't cherry picked. They are the only ones that are important. How much does it cost, what's our relative health compared to other countries, what kind of impact does it have on the macro economy.

Why do we have such a high infant morality rate? Because we are able to avoid stillborn babies by intervening the pregnancy in order to try and save them. This means more of them are born and counted as first day deaths where in another country they would never be counted because they would have been stillborn.

Yup, all those other meanyhead countries are not couting babies and not trying to save them. It has nothing to do with the fact that one our of four expectant mothers can't get access to decent pre-natal care. I know you guys really need to believe that.

Conservatism- It's like religion. Fact-free and Faith-based.

You're contradicting your own argument with the bankruptcy point, you said yourself that 75% had insurance coverage when the crisis started, so the lack of insurance coverage can't be the problem there. We're fortunate enough to live in a country where we can file bankruptcy if we encounter some kind of catastrophic financial situation due to medical costs... in another country, you don't have to worry about filing bankruptcy because you're dead!

No, in other countries, you get the treatment, no questions asked. Why do I get the feeling you are one of these young Republican shitheads who doesn't even own a passport?

And yet again, we see here where your problem really lies. You are jealous of people who earn high incomes. You've determined they are all "assholes" and you've developed an envious resentment toward them, and you don't even know a thing about them or what they do.

And once again, when they can't really defend the status quo, "Well, you're just jealous!"

I have no idea why you keep calling me a "Young Republican" ...I don't belong to the Republican party, and if they can't get over their fixation with Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney, I'm probably not going to vote Republican in 2016. While I don't think of myself as "old" at 54, I am certainly not "young." So why don't we drop the hyperbole, and grow the fuck up here?

Yeah, right, more of the tired stuff. Hey, maybe when the GOP stops appealling to folks like you, I might vote for it again.

Horseshit. CEO's make money based on how much they can loot from the cookie jar. Nothing more. nothing less. Until people finally get fed up with it and say, "No More".

So now, these capitalists are hiring CEOs to basically raid the "cookie jar" and gobble up all their profits? Why don't the board of directors do something about that? Oh, that's right, the board of directors are who hires the CEO!

See, I just find this extremely hard to believe because it's in the board's best interest to not have a cookie-jar-pilfering CEO, I would think. But you claim it, so that must be the case, right? Apparently, once they hire these pilfering CEOs, they have no control over the salaries they make, the CEO just treats himself to whatever, huh? No contracts, no salary negotiations, he just helps himself to the cookie jar and the rest of the principals in the business are helpless to do anything about that.... Wow, I wouldn't hire a CEO then!

Uh, no, guy, those aren't cherry picked. They are the only ones that are important. How much does it cost, what's our relative health compared to other countries, what kind of impact does it have on the macro economy.

Well the effect of Obamacare on the macro economy as well as the micro economy and just the general economy overall is that it really sucks. It has killed virtually all decent full time jobs, the premiums have skyrocketed upwards of 400% in some cases, and it doesn't address the ever-increasing number of health care professionals leaving the biz. The cost is going up because the demand will be greater and that's how things work outside of Narnia.

Yup, all those other meanyhead countries are not couting babies and not trying to save them. It has nothing to do with the fact that one our of four expectant mothers can't get access to decent pre-natal care. I know you guys really need to believe that.

It's not that they are meanyheads, it's that they don't know how to save premature babies. So they let them be stillborn and you can't count a stillborn baby as a part of the infant mortality rate because it wasn't born alive. Every woman in America has access to prenatal care, and it's totally free of charge through Medicaid if they have no income. Not a matter of 'believing' it's public record, you can go look it up.

Conservatism- It's like religion. Fact-free and Faith-based.

No, that would be liberal socialist Utopia, I'm slapping you in your silly choppers with facts and you can't address them.

No, in other countries, you get the treatment, no questions asked. Why do I get the feeling you are one of these young Republican shitheads who doesn't even own a passport?

No you don't. Canada currently has a 6-week wait for diabetes testing.... 3-months for an MRI or CT. I think it's about 2 years for a hip replacement or pacemaker.

What does a passport have to do with this?

And once again, when they can't really defend the status quo, "Well, you're just jealous!"

Hey, I'm not the one who called all rich people "assholes" that was you.

Yeah, right, more of the tired stuff. Hey, maybe when the GOP stops appealling to folks like you, I might vote for it again.

You've never voted Republican, you're too much of a Commie. Stop spreading that lie. The problem the GOP has is it's NOT appealing to me right now. See, I'm a conservative and the GOP is trying to be 'liberal light' right now. Unless they get their shit together and nominate a conservative, I'll be voting for a third party candidate in 2016.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back