The World Cup discussion thread

Are all the games in the US this time? or did I hear that wrong???
No. They’re not even scheduled to all be in the U.S. any time in the future
They must have been discussing a future cup...
I will be retired then so I will come over to watch Wales raise the trophy. I wont go to third world shit holes like Russia or Qatar.
Have been in Russia?
No? So shut up.
At least you may check the opinions of those who are in Russia now. In that case you won't be misinformed by fake western mass media

I will be retired then so I will come over to watch Wales raise the trophy. I wont go to third world shit holes like Russia or Qatar.
Have been in Russia?
No? So shut up.
At least you may check the opinions of those who are in Russia now. In that case you won't be misinformed by fake western mass media
We shouldnt hold these events in countries where not everyone is welcome.

Diversity fan zone blocked from opening in St Petersburg

Have been in Russia?
No? So shut up.
Look at all that Western press praising hospitality of Russian people, they have finally figured out the truth about real Russia, not alleged.
Mirror:
England fans start the party despite heightened security - and being outnumbered

Independent:
James Lockett, 43, told The Independent that he had been unprepared for the respectful welcome he received in the city formerly known as Stalingrad, calling everyone “nothing but friendly”.

Many Russians had come to the fan zone wearing English shirts — club and country. Some of the natives even joined in the England chanting. Pockets of English fans responded in kind with their own chants of “Putin, Putin.”

Alex Pierce, 19, from Frodsham, Cheshire, agreed. But he said the warm reception had “weirded” him out. It was almost too friendly.

“Everything is so over the top,” he said. “I was speaking to a Russian ultras fan yesterday, and he had the words Marseilles 2016 tattooed on his calf. But all he wanted to do was hug me.”
England fans praise welcome by Russian hosts as they celebrate first win

The Guardian:
In March, foreign secretary Boris Johnson compared Russia hosting the World Cup to the 1936 Olympics, held in Nazi Germany. The week before the tournament, a group of MPs warned that anyone wearing the St George’s cross could be subjected to attacks from Russians.

But yesterday, British diplomats and football officials struck a very different tone, lavishing praise on the organisation of the World Cup and speaking positively of the hosts. “The warmth of the welcome here has been absolutely outstanding. All the fans have commented on that and Volgograd seems delighted to welcome everybody,” said Lindsay Skoll, the deputy British ambassador to Russia.
England fans enjoy stay in Volgograd with no repeat of Marseille violence

BTW, congratulations to all Russians with another fantastic victory over Egypt 3:1.

Last edited:
Spain v Iran
Bored watching this. Another limited team who just set their stall out to not lose. This Spanish team dont look as good as others we have seen.

DailyMail:
In two games, Russians have already scored more goals than Spain did to win the World Cup in 2010. This is the most impressive start by any hosts since Italy in 1934. In more ways than one, Russia is confounding expectations.
Russia 3-1 Egypt: Mohamed Salah's World Cup hopes on the brink | Daily Mail Online

WaPo:
Gray and unfriendly. Barren food shelves and shadowy figures. The joy and passion of the World Cup doused by Russian gloom.

I was wrong. Moscow is the vibrant heart of this soccer celebration, welcoming tens of thousands of visitors and inviting outsiders to a world they’ve probably never seen.
Perspective | What’s it really like in Russia? During World Cup, more vibrant than I expected.

TheGuardian:
When the World Cup leaves town it’s likely that a lot of people will depart Russia with great memories and a changed view of the country. Russia is putting on its best, most smiling face for the month: people are excited to welcome the tournament and the fans, and so far at least that is leading to overwhelmingly positive vibes.
Ten things we have learned from the first round of World Cup games

A place where we can discuss the games and then laugh at England when they get knocked out early.

Just seen one of the all time classic World Cup games. Spain 3 - 3 Portugal .

Ronaldo gets a hat trick to save a point for the Portuguese. An amazing player.

My take is that both countries will progress from the group. Spain can win the Cup but Portugal have no chance.

How are Wales getting on in the World Cup?

DailyMail:
In two games, Russians have already scored more goals than Spain did to win the World Cup in 2010. This is the most impressive start by any hosts since Italy in 1934. In more ways than one, Russia is confounding expectations.
Russia 3-1 Egypt: Mohamed Salah's World Cup hopes on the brink | Daily Mail Online

WaPo:
Gray and unfriendly. Barren food shelves and shadowy figures. The joy and passion of the World Cup doused by Russian gloom.

I was wrong. Moscow is the vibrant heart of this soccer celebration, welcoming tens of thousands of visitors and inviting outsiders to a world they’ve probably never seen.
Perspective | What’s it really like in Russia? During World Cup, more vibrant than I expected.

TheGuardian:
When the World Cup leaves town it’s likely that a lot of people will depart Russia with great memories and a changed view of the country. Russia is putting on its best, most smiling face for the month: people are excited to welcome the tournament and the fans, and so far at least that is leading to overwhelmingly positive vibes.

Impressive? Beating the Saudis 5-0 isn't so impressive.

Have been in Russia?
No? So shut up.
We shouldnt hold these events in countries where not everyone is welcome.

Diversity fan zone blocked from opening in St Petersburg
Everyone is welcome to Russia.
Even such sick people like gays and lesbians who have the only restriction not to provide homosexual propaganda to children.

So you'd better stop repeating western media's bs.

The World Cup offers despots the perfect propaganda tool – and Mo Salah is the first to be snared

Its a shame that Mo Salah has been dragged in as a propoganda tool for that Chechen wanker. This is why the World Cup should not go to shithole countries.
Can you prove Kadyrov is a tyrant and crime?
What exactly had he done?
Or you simply believe to what you read in mainstream media?

The 1st country which should not be allowed to hold any events is the USA as that country try is terrorist #1 in the world who started most of wars in 20 and 21 centuries and who killed more civilians than all other nations in common. .and the only country who used nuclear weapons against civilians.

DailyMail:

WaPo:

TheGuardian:

What about beating Tunisia 2-1?
England haven't impressed at all...and they could hardly win thanks to a goal in last minutes

DailyMail:

WaPo:

TheGuardian:

England haven't impressed at all...and they could hardly win thanks to a goal in last minutes

There's a massive difference between Tunisia and Saudi Arabia.

Also, England got massively unlucky in that game.

I only watched the highlights but it appeared that the Tunisian penalty, Walker didn't even know the guy was behind him. He used his arm to turn his body, and then the guy was right behind him. The goalkeeper even nearly saved it.

Based on that penalty decision, England should have had at least two penalties. I only really noticed one, where Kane was sent down on the floor.

There's no much you can do when the ref does things like this.

England had 60% of the possession, 8 shots on target to Tunisia's 1. Another day it'd have been 3-0.

DailyMail:

WaPo:

TheGuardian:

I only watched the highlights but it appeared that the Tunisian penalty, Walker didn't even know the guy was behind him. He used his arm to turn his body, and then the guy was right behind him. The goalkeeper even nearly saved it.

Based on that penalty decision, England should have had at least two penalties. I only really noticed one, where Kane was sent down on the floor.

England had 60% of the possession, 8 shots on target to Tunisia's 1. Another day it'd have been 3-0.
I do agree that England is much better team and they deserved the win much more than Tunisia.
But I also want to say that Russian team plays impressively now which is a great surprise for everyone including Russians.
Their win over Egypt proved it was not their sudden luck with S.Aravia. Egypt is vice champion of Africa and the best African team at this Cup

DailyMail:

WaPo:

TheGuardian:

I do agree that England is much better team and they deserved the win much more than Tunisia.
But I also want to say that Russian team plays impressively now which is a great surprise for everyone including Russians.
Their win over Egypt proved it was not their sudden luck with S.Aravia. Egypt is vice champion of Africa and the best African team at this Cup

Well, Russia should be better than they've been playing. But then again Egypt playing that well. Wait until Russia end up against Spain or Portugal.

Forum List

Back