World Cup 2022 Qatar Thread

So what does that make the team that just out organised Portugal so comprehensively , Mindful ?

I always think of Portugal as the poor man's Brazil . And they were fully exposed yesterday , as were the Portuguese today.

I thought Ronaldo might have saved the day.

Still, it’s nice to see an African team push forward.

England /France is a good one. France wins it! England had a chance to tie up in the last seconds. but it went over the net.

About right , Ig .
I had it 54% -46% to France beforehand but I think England were unlucky with the referee .

eng v france
Really good match, very exciting, just wish we could have won and gone through..
A few thoughts about it.. well the french did make defending errors and handed us 2 penalties, obviously the 2nd miss we really needed, so eeeeek, that will be a headache for kane in the morning..
.. the pundits seemed to think griezmann and the weaknesses in the french defence were the issues for the match, but i knew after watching the highlights during the week that mbappe and giroud, two very admirable players, were going to be the big problem for england, i realised that we would need to watch both of them for the whole 90min, and ... after about 7min of play i was looking for no10 mbappe and saw he was just standing in space, waiting for a pass, not marked closely enough, so i knew then we could easily lose this match.. so that was disappointing.
Soo.. after a semi and last year's final, back to going out in the quaters.. which reminds me of the 3 eriksson campaigns, 2002-6.. so, well wait to see if southgate continues to the euros, as his contract says.
So the final? argentina v france?? that morocco side's very good!

eng v france
Really good match, very exciting, just wish we could have won and gone through..
A few thoughts about it.. well the french did make defending errors and handed us 2 penalties, obviously the 2nd miss we really needed, so eeeeek, that will be a headache for kane in the morning..
.. the pundits seemed to think griezmann and the weaknesses in the french defence were the issues for the match, but i knew after watching the highlights during the week that mbappe and giroud, two very admirable players, were going to be the big problem for england, i realised that we would need to watch both of them for the whole 90min, and ... after about 7min of play i was looking for no10 mbappe and saw he was just standing in space, waiting for a pass, not marked closely enough, so i knew then we could easily lose this match.. so that was disappointing.
Soo.. after a semi and last year's final, back to going out in the quaters.. which reminds me of the 3 eriksson campaigns, 2002-6.. so, well wait to see if southgate continues to the euros, as his contract says.
So the final? argentina v france?? that morocco side's very good!

Yes but, Argentina has Messi.

Stop that now, Tommy.. it's a sad day.. :no_text11:
I couldnt bear it if England won. The players are decent lasds and so is Southgate. But the media would have made life unbearable for the rest of us.

My daughter actually bought my Grandson an England shirt . He is only half English FFS.

Now we can all enjoy the rest of the competition.

Its my culture. I would support North Korea if they were playing England.

It is certainly not a culture .More an infantile prejudice .
But there does come a point where outdated and repugnant views become tolerated simply because their proponents look and sound so ridiculous and pompous that they make others laugh as much as anything else .
Over here , in God's favourite resort , we had a bigoted character called Alf Garnett who played in ,Until Death Do Us Part .
Sounds more than similar .

It is certainly not a culture .More an infantile prejudice .
But there does come a point where outdated and repugnant views become tolerated simply because their proponents look and sound so ridiculous and pompous that they make others laugh as much as anything else .
Over here , in God's favourite resort , we had a bigoted character called Alf Garnett who played in ,Until Death Do Us Part .
Sounds more than similar .
You do know that Alf was a satirical character dont you ?

Morocco???!

National teams and soccer clubs are two different beasts.

National Teams with few superstars who play off continent can often train together more often than these national teams who have most of their squad trying to rip one another’s head off every week.

Chemistry is huge in soccer. I think Morocco proved that.

Somebody somewhere had this final four and likely won a lot of money. Goes to show that even if you are the more talented team, you best get it done in regulation or OT (looking at you Brazil). Penalty kicks are as much luck as skill and you really don’t want your fate coming down to that.

Forum List

Back