The weather channel has just spent 27 minutes explaining their f--- up

Irma, the deadliest storm of all time with a 3 inch storm surge....................

My parents live in northern Florida which didn't get hit nearly as hard as southern Florida and they just got their power back today.

Furthermore, what fuck up is if you are referring to?
This one

The Monster Surge That Wasn’t: Why Irma Caused Less Flooding Than Expected

The worst-case Irma scenario didn’t happen for much of Florida. Why?

Apparently, you don't know much about how severe weather works. Tornadoes, hurricanes, thunder storms can change direction at the drop of a hat and it's completely unpredictable.
Be honest, how old were you on August 16 1992 when Andrew decimated Florida.................
I saw what it did to Homestead and it was staggering

Florida dodged a bullet here - we just got really lucky in that turn of wind, and thank goodness for that.

As to the premise of moving these cities (post #24 and others), it's rough to do. Alaska did it with Valdez after the '64 quake (Poor Valdez was 45 miles from the epicenter, the whole place liquefied, half of it fell into the sea and the ground was never stable again) There was no choice there. I don't know the population back in '64, statistics were rough up here, but it's only 4k /today/ - despite being THE port for the TransAlaska pipeline oil. We know it was minus 30 people; mostly children, all of whom had been on the docks greeting a tanker when it hit - the docks disappeared. How ever many there were, it was no easy feat and that was with the assistance of the military, massive amounts of volunteers, and companies from all over the nation.

Moving a city like Miami, Dallas? For an infrequently "devastating" event like a cat 4 or 5 hurricane? Get out of here... Folks own land, they have vested interests down there, the state and fed have put money into these areas, businesses have invested heavily. It's not going to happen in a modern city of that size over "possible" hurricane destruction down the road.

Personally I don't blame em for rebuilding and I'll help em do it without a second thought. Call me nostalgic perhaps, but I grew up hearing about the '64 quake and how much the lower 48 reached out to help us when we were hurt bad and I've always kept that "thanks" in my world view. It's why I get so bent over lefties talking poorly about 'flyover' states and shit. We got needed supplies and specific equipment from every state in the nation and I'll never forget it. I don't care that it's going to cost billions to help other states out in disasters, because we're American's and that's what we do when really bad shit happens in /any/ state. Every time, no complaints, no bitching, no politics - we help them out, period. I grew up watching "propaganda" like the following and it made a lasting impression on me as far as "how proper American's deal with national disasters."

It's kind of ironic because in the video they mention that the clocks stopped and I think that's so true for Alaska. We are still that small town feel, stuck in the 50s, and still genuinely caring about each other and the nation, ready to drop everything to help out a neighbor in need, and always ready to defend our country with our lives - Frankly, I think we're throw backs to a better time and a better moral... better American's.

3 inch storm surge......
Partisans, zero credibility.

4 to 6 feet:

Jacksonville has record flooding from Irma, and it's not high tide yet
170911-jacksonville-mn-1556_e267f01186b409f4f5413c3ad70c61f4.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

You need glasses, those women are 5 feet tall and the water is NOT UP TO THEIR KNEES

Get a grip, rain will do that, no need for a storm surge.
I know, you're just following Rush's meme on this - science bad, don't believe science.

The storm has come and gone now, I'm sure he'll be on to a new topic for you soon.

What's Rush got to do with this?
Well, three things, each based on the fact that I listen to him fairly regularly and I'm quite familiar with his overall positions, individual storylines and tactics:

First, I know how his dittoheads will essentially transfer his opinions, words and tactics to this message board, often verbatim, often literally minutes after he has said them, and never quote him. So the whole story on the hurricane fits perfectly with his overall global warming meme which instructs his dittoheads not to believe in any science-based warnings or prediction on weather, and to attack any incorrect predictions, as we see on this thread.

Second, he took shit for things he said about Irma before it hit, and I know how his dittoheads will jump to his defense whenever they feel it's needed. They are especially sensitive to this story, because he has been complaining on-air quite a bit about how his words were distorted. The fact is, yes, his words were distorted to look far worse than they were, and that explains their increased sensitivity. They're committed, and have much to protect.

Third, this is just latest of many threads that tie the above all together. As we know, the climate has become hyper-politicized, so we see regular threads like this that support his ongoing anti-science approach to this issue. In other words, he says it, I see here, just the way he says it. Bassman is just being obedient, if predictable, and obvious.

All circumstantial evidence, stipulated. But 99% circumstantial evidence is good enough for me to point out.

Last edited:
Well, we could go to the UN and have these ionospheric heaters and weather war outlawed, that might be a start. These elites, you just can't trust them. It might have been the Russians, the Chinese, or our own Deep State, who the hell knows? :dunno:

I'm sort of the opinion that the ruling class of all these nations are in cahoots. They really don't give a shit about the little folks of any nation honestly. They're always sending us off to fight in their resource wars of profit and corruption, for lies and phony bullshit, I wouldn't put it past any of them. What do they care about human lives?

Keynesian economics tell us they believe that both war and a broken window are good for the economy, so I sure as hell wouldn't rule out our own weather weapons.

OTH if it is caused by natural warming caused by the carbon forcing due to perturbations in the Earth Orbit and the migration of the magnetic poles, then there isn't a whole hell of a lot civilization can do about it, except maybe take a page from the book of the Netherlands.

At this point, it is all about mitigation strategies. Giving over tax dollars to be wasted by the bureaucracy is absurd. Look how much is wasted on the Deep State at the Pentagon. They don't give a shit about you, and will only use your own money to enslave you.

The Netherlands is geographically a very low and flat country, with about 26% of its area and 21% of its population located below sea level, and only about 50% of its land exceeding one metre above sea level.
Netherlands - Wikipedia

Oh WOW the deep state can control the weather.

Is that sarcasm or refusal to engage in honest rational dialog? :dunno:

Had to be sarcasm. Nothing honest or rational about believing in a so called "deep state", especially one that can control the weather.

So the fact that this technology exists, has been patented for said use and, means nothing to you.

This must mean. . . .

You are either A) In denial, or B) Too Pollyannaish to believe anyone would use it for such purpose, or C) full of shit?

Agreed. A weather control patent means nothing to me

Many persons think that you can't get a patent on an unworkable device. That's not true, as these examples show. This is only a small sampling of the inventive looniness of restless minds.
United States Patents

1932. H. L. Worthington. 1,859,643 Magnetic Motor.
  • 1934. J. W. Poysa. 1,963,213. Magnetic Motor.
  • 1959. Norman L. Dean. 2,886,976. System for converting rotary motion into unidirectional motion.
  • 1965. E. Baumgartner. 3,194,008. Positive Buoyancy Prime Mover.
  • 1966. Dan K. McCoin. 3,292,365. Power conversion apparatus and method utilizing gravitational and buoyant forces.
  • 1971. E. Rutkove. 3,625,089. Gravity Wheel Apparatus.
  • 1976. David Diamond. 3,934,964. Gravity-Actuated Fluid Displacement Power Generator.
  • 1978. Robert L. Cook. 4,238,968. Device for conversion of centrifugal force to linear force and motion.
  • 1979. Howard R. Johnson. 4,151,431. Permanent Magnet Motor.
  • 1980. Leslie R. Hinchman and Robert B. Hinchman. 4,184,409. Hydraulic Engine.
  • Caldwell. 4,667,115. Energy machine generating hydraulic energy.
  • 1989. Howard R. Johnson. 4,877,983 Magnetic Force Generating Method and Apparatus.
  • 1988. Robert W. Willmouth. 4,818,232. Gravity and Power Driven Power Generators.
  • James Harvey. 5,335,561. Impulse converter.
  • 1995. Howard R. Johnson. 5,402,021. Magnetic Propulsion System.
  • Michael Tarnoposky. 5,921,133. System and method of energy conversion of gravitation into mechanical energy by means of a sequence of impulses of force.
  • 1999. Brad A. Forrest. 5,944,480. Buoyancy and Gravitation Motor. "...does not require an external power source, consume fuel or create a waste by-product."
  • Paul T. Baskis et al. 6,109,123. Rotational inertia motor.
  • 2002. James Woodward. 6,347,766. Method and apparatus for the generation of propulsive forces without the ejection of propellant. (Reactionless thruster.)
  • 2002 Thomas Bearden. 6,362,718. Motionless electromagnetic generator. (This device extracts "compressed energy" from the time domain in amount mc2. It draws energy from the longitudinal electromagnetic waves that fill the ocean of space-time".) (!)
  • 2003. Mikhail Tarnopolsky et al. 6,601,471. Main block of drop-power station.
  • 2003. Fabrio Pinto. 6,651,167. Method for energy extraction. Describes and engine cycle comprising several state changes allowing for net gain of energy from an underlying field.
  • 2004. Ralph E. Love. 6,694,844. Apparatus to recover energy through gravitational force.
  • 2004. Ernest Eun Ho Shin. 6,734,574. Buoyancy-driven electric power generator.
  • 2009. Paulo Emmanual De Abreu. 7,501,788. Quantum generator and related devices of energy production and conversion.
  • 1012. Jay Pirincci. 8,112,992. Gravi-Buoyant Balls. "This invention will bring science closer to a perpetual motion machine that produces electricity." (Ever closer.)
  • https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/patents.htm

So these are all just faked photos and this all doesn't really exist? Is that what you are saying? These millions of dollars are a fantasy budget item? :eusa_think:

HAARP%20mtns-2_0.JPG
300px-High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program_site.jpg
ovhead.jpg
HAARP-Antenna%20Field-New_2.jpg

You need glasses, those women are 5 feet tall and the water is NOT UP TO THEIR KNEES

I know, you're just following Rush's meme on this - science bad, don't believe science.

The storm has come and gone now, I'm sure he'll be on to a new topic for you soon.

Well, three things, each based on the fact that I listen to him fairly regularly and I'm quite familiar with his overall positions, individual storylines and tactics:

First, I know how his dittoheads will essentially transfer his opinions, words and tactics to this message board, often verbatim, often literally minutes after he has said them, and never quote him. So the whole story on the hurricane fits perfectly with his overall global warming meme which instructs his dittoheads not to believe in any science-based warnings or prediction on weather, and to attack any incorrect predictions, as we see on this thread.

Second, he took shit for things he said about Irma before it hit, and I know how his dittoheads will jump to his defense whenever they feel it's needed. They are especially sensitive to this story, because he has been complaining on-air quite a bit about how his words were distorted. The fact is, yes, his words were distorted to look far worse than they were, and that explains their increased sensitivity. They're committed, and have much to protect.

Third, this is just latest of many threads that tie the above all together. As we know, the climate has become hyper-politicized, so we see regular threads like this that support his ongoing anti-science approach to this issue. In other words, he says it, I see here, just the way he says it. Bassman is just being obedient, if predictable, and obvious.

All circumstantial evidence, stipulated. But 99% circumstantial evidence is good enough for me to point out.

I studied the transcript and I had not one problem with what Rush said. His key to it all was that Irma was being mega hyped by the media and what ever you do don't panic. And he was completely spot on. And one doesn't have to be anti science to be anti AGW.

The lies that the media put out that Rush was saying that the hurricane was "fake" and "not dangerous" was a flat out lie.

Check out this bullshit Al Roker put out there. Roker really needed to breathe in and out of a paper back for crying out loud. Regarding hurricanes my husband and I have a vested interest in them when they are coming at Florida because of family and Louisiana because of friends.

And an FYI I ended up living where I am today because of a bitch called Hurricane Katrina. We were on our way to Ponchatoula with my foundation sire and dam of our kennel, two others and two cats when Katrina stripped our dreams of Louisiana away from us.

So hurricanes to us are personal.

:lol:

Seriously though there wasn't anything I could really argue about what HE actually said. Not the interpretations and spin of the global warming activists. The transcript of the show proves me right.

rokerush2.jpg

rokerush-1.jpg

"On Wednesday's show, Limbaugh shot back at "Al Joker" and at Washington Post blogger Callum Borchers, who wrote under the fake-news headline “Rush Limbaugh’s Dangerous Suggestion that Hurricane Irma Is Fake News.”

Now, any of you listening to this program 24 hours ago, did I ever say the hurricane wasn’t there? Did I ever say it wasn’t a big storm? Did I ever call it fake news? I didn’t do any of that. I’m convinced Borchers didn’t even listen. He may have read a transcript out of context from a reporting site or whatever. All I did was tell you how the world works....

I did not say anything yesterday that was untrue. Nor did I tell people not to worry, nor did I tell people not to be concerned, nor did I say that the hurricane is fake news, and I didn’t say the Deep State is steering it. They did! The left had people saying that George W. Bush wanted Hurricane Katrina to ravage Louisiana to rid it of Democrats. They do these things. So that’s that."

Al Roker Uncorks False Charge That Rush Limbaugh Said Irma Was 'Fake,' Not 'Dangerous'

Mod Note:

Sorry this had to close. Moderation is tired of moving this guy's thread to a proper forum. It wasn't Politics.

I don't get it. Too many posters don't use the proper forums. Pity of it is the way USMB is designed is awesome. Great categories that cover so many topics is terrific. Heck when I've pointed it out to an OP that they've put it in the wrong forum (usually Politics) man oh man I've had some get pissed off at the suggestion that their thread didn't qualify for politics.

It's a pet peeve of mine when someone puts up a "Katy Perry thinks Trump has bad breath" or "Hannity thinks Nancy Pelosi has poopy pants" thread in freaking politics.

Ok. I feel better now getting that out of my system. :) .I bet you mods are tired of moving threads around.

I studied the transcript and I had not one problem with what Rush said. His key to it all was that Irma was being mega hyped by the media and what ever you do don't panic. And he was completely spot on. And one doesn't have to be anti science to be anti AGW.

The lies that the media put out that Rush was saying that the hurricane was "fake" and "not dangerous" was a flat out lie.

Check out this bullshit Al Roker put out there. Roker really needed to breathe in and out of a paper back for crying out loud. Regarding hurricanes my husband and I have a vested interest in them when they are coming at Florida because of family and Louisiana because of friends.

And an FYI I ended up living where I am today because of a bitch called Hurricane Katrina. We were on our way to Ponchatoula with my foundation sire and dam of our kennel, two others and two cats when Katrina stripped our dreams of Louisiana away from us.

So hurricanes to us are personal.

:lol:

Seriously though there wasn't anything I could really argue about what HE actually said. Not the interpretations and spin of the global warming activists. The transcript of the show proves me right.

rokerush2.jpg

rokerush-1.jpg

"On Wednesday's show, Limbaugh shot back at "Al Joker" and at Washington Post blogger Callum Borchers, who wrote under the fake-news headline “Rush Limbaugh’s Dangerous Suggestion that Hurricane Irma Is Fake News.”

Now, any of you listening to this program 24 hours ago, did I ever say the hurricane wasn’t there? Did I ever say it wasn’t a big storm? Did I ever call it fake news? I didn’t do any of that. I’m convinced Borchers didn’t even listen. He may have read a transcript out of context from a reporting site or whatever. All I did was tell you how the world works....

I did not say anything yesterday that was untrue. Nor did I tell people not to worry, nor did I tell people not to be concerned, nor did I say that the hurricane is fake news, and I didn’t say the Deep State is steering it. They did! The left had people saying that George W. Bush wanted Hurricane Katrina to ravage Louisiana to rid it of Democrats. They do these things. So that’s that."

Al Roker Uncorks False Charge That Rush Limbaugh Said Irma Was 'Fake,' Not 'Dangerous'
Two of the skills that make him as good and effective as he is are (1) he knows how to dance on the knife's edge to make a point (and I do mean that as a compliment), and (2) he sure as hell knows the place on that knife that will piss off - and be given massive free exposure by - the Left.

I was listening when he made the offending comments, and while I (and he) knew that it would trigger the usual suspects, I didn't hear anything that was remotely what the claims were. That's partisan politics, you can't believe anything unless you're hearing the source material, and in context.

Regarding my post, it's pretty to see the point of this thread (and others like it) is directly related to Limbaugh and this overall storyline.

Oh WOW the deep state can control the weather.

Is that sarcasm or refusal to engage in honest rational dialog? :dunno:

Had to be sarcasm. Nothing honest or rational about believing in a so called "deep state", especially one that can control the weather.

So the fact that this technology exists, has been patented for said use and, means nothing to you.

This must mean. . . .

You are either A) In denial, or B) Too Pollyannaish to believe anyone would use it for such purpose, or C) full of shit?

Agreed. A weather control patent means nothing to me

Many persons think that you can't get a patent on an unworkable device. That's not true, as these examples show. This is only a small sampling of the inventive looniness of restless minds.
United States Patents

1932. H. L. Worthington. 1,859,643 Magnetic Motor.
  • 1934. J. W. Poysa. 1,963,213. Magnetic Motor.
  • 1959. Norman L. Dean. 2,886,976. System for converting rotary motion into unidirectional motion.
  • 1965. E. Baumgartner. 3,194,008. Positive Buoyancy Prime Mover.
  • 1966. Dan K. McCoin. 3,292,365. Power conversion apparatus and method utilizing gravitational and buoyant forces.
  • 1971. E. Rutkove. 3,625,089. Gravity Wheel Apparatus.
  • 1976. David Diamond. 3,934,964. Gravity-Actuated Fluid Displacement Power Generator.
  • 1978. Robert L. Cook. 4,238,968. Device for conversion of centrifugal force to linear force and motion.
  • 1979. Howard R. Johnson. 4,151,431. Permanent Magnet Motor.
  • 1980. Leslie R. Hinchman and Robert B. Hinchman. 4,184,409. Hydraulic Engine.
  • Caldwell. 4,667,115. Energy machine generating hydraulic energy.
  • 1989. Howard R. Johnson. 4,877,983 Magnetic Force Generating Method and Apparatus.
  • 1988. Robert W. Willmouth. 4,818,232. Gravity and Power Driven Power Generators.
  • James Harvey. 5,335,561. Impulse converter.
  • 1995. Howard R. Johnson. 5,402,021. Magnetic Propulsion System.
  • Michael Tarnoposky. 5,921,133. System and method of energy conversion of gravitation into mechanical energy by means of a sequence of impulses of force.
  • 1999. Brad A. Forrest. 5,944,480. Buoyancy and Gravitation Motor. "...does not require an external power source, consume fuel or create a waste by-product."
  • Paul T. Baskis et al. 6,109,123. Rotational inertia motor.
  • 2002. James Woodward. 6,347,766. Method and apparatus for the generation of propulsive forces without the ejection of propellant. (Reactionless thruster.)
  • 2002 Thomas Bearden. 6,362,718. Motionless electromagnetic generator. (This device extracts "compressed energy" from the time domain in amount mc2. It draws energy from the longitudinal electromagnetic waves that fill the ocean of space-time".) (!)
  • 2003. Mikhail Tarnopolsky et al. 6,601,471. Main block of drop-power station.
  • 2003. Fabrio Pinto. 6,651,167. Method for energy extraction. Describes and engine cycle comprising several state changes allowing for net gain of energy from an underlying field.
  • 2004. Ralph E. Love. 6,694,844. Apparatus to recover energy through gravitational force.
  • 2004. Ernest Eun Ho Shin. 6,734,574. Buoyancy-driven electric power generator.
  • 2009. Paulo Emmanual De Abreu. 7,501,788. Quantum generator and related devices of energy production and conversion.
  • 1012. Jay Pirincci. 8,112,992. Gravi-Buoyant Balls. "This invention will bring science closer to a perpetual motion machine that produces electricity." (Ever closer.)
  • https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/patents.htm

So these are all just faked photos and this all doesn't really exist? Is that what you are saying? These millions of dollars are a fantasy budget item? :eusa_think:

HAARP%20mtns-2_0.JPG
300px-High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program_site.jpg
ovhead.jpg
HAARP-Antenna%20Field-New_2.jpg

Yep. That's a closed down research facility. Some of you conspiracy nuts claim it is capable of mind control, weather control, earthquake control, and can even steal souls and keep them. You silly conspiracy nuts are funny.

If the river floods because the ocean fills the riverbed, it is storm surge. That is what happened during Irma in Jacksonville. It always happens that way! I lived there many years.

Problem is -- St Johns was STILL in flood when the winds switched to West. St Johns empties EVERYTHING from Central Florida all the way up to Jax. No magic here.

Forum List

Back