The VA "scandal" in context

Plasmaball

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
LAMBRO: Unearthing the depth of the VA's malfeasance - Washington Times

It’s been going on for a great deal longer, too, as a mountain of Government Accountability Office audits can attest over many decades: Countless reports of medical mistreatment; dangerously lengthy delays for ill veterans seeking care; shocking mortality rates when compared with private-sector hospitals for similar surgeries; old, rundown facilities; and aged, broken medical equipment.

Seeing how this is the hot topic of the moment, and a lot of the partisan shrills are jumping up and down because they can attack Obama over this while ignoring, or just blowing off the context of what i call "factual history".

These and other problems in the VA’s vast bureaucracy have been exposed in a sea of reports now gathering dust in congressional oversight committees that have failed to effectively address their findings.

So you have a bloated machine leaking "oil" everywhere and the mechanics ( congress) throwing their hands up in the air and saying " yeah thats a problem" and just stand there watching it.

Lawmakers at Senate hearings last week were beating their breasts over reports of veterans facing long treatment delays that have resulted in numerous deaths. We still do not know how many. Recent stories say the real numbers have been covered up.

and tiny flag pins make you patriotic.

Nor has the Obama administration done anywhere near the due diligence needed to see that the VA has the resources to adequately care for the thousands of troops returning home from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Which seems is more of the same over the decades.

Let’s go back seven years ago, when Washington Post reporters — after exposing shockingly shabby, unhealthy conditions at Walter Reed Army Medical Center — found many of the same problems existed throughout the VA’s organization.

Oh we all remember Walter reed right? i remember all that outrage....oh wait..

I recall a more shocking situation when I was writing about GAO investigations in the 1970s and 1980s that told of higher-than-normal fatality rates in VA hospitals.

I dont remember Obama being President at the time.....By chance who was running things back then? Nixon, ford, carter and the saint Reagan.

So the reality is this has been an ongoing problem for decades that covers both the left and the right fairly decently. I know this wont stop the partisans from doing their typical low brow intelligence posting, but maybe this will sway a few people to just say " Hey this needs to stop and everyone is accountable.

Americans won't pay up. The fact that they expect the situation, especially with so many new screwed up vets from our recent wars, to be anything different shows just what mental children they actually are. As usual, they want results without doing the hard work or paying for them.

They'll salute the flag, put the magnets on their cars, but not open their wallets.

Last edited:
Americans won't pay up. The fact that they expect the situation, especially with so many new screwed up vets from our recent wars, to be anything different shows just what mental children they actually are. As usual, they want results without doing the hard work or paying for them.

They'll salute the flag, put the magnets on their cars, but not open their wallets.

its not really a money issue. Its dividing the funds properly in order to give those people the care they need. If that was being done and people where still being shorted, then you could say throw more money at it.

We've been fucking over our military since 1776.

its not really a money issue. Its dividing the funds properly in order to give those people the care they need. If that was being done and people where still being shorted, then you could say throw more money at it.

I disagree and so do the reports. The VA is underfunded. That is the root of all of its issues.

To put it in greater context.....the Government has never run anything well.....

That is why it should not run our healthcare....give vets vouchers and let them get help on the free market...(after we destroy Obummercare)

I disagree and so do the reports. The VA is underfunded. That is the root of all of its issues.

be all means link it up

be all means link it up
Start here: Panel told of ?troubling? VA underfunding - The Washington Post

Va funding has increased. It is not a money problem. It is a problem of Government incompetence and negligence.

must defend obama

must make sure buck never stops at his desk

must blame anyone but obama

I know reading is hard so for you ill post it again:

Nor has the Obama administration done anywhere near the due diligence needed to see that the VA has the resources to adequately care for the thousands of troops returning home from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

obama has done very little it seems in solving this issue. There does that make you feel a little better now you fucking baby, because the article didnt slam Obama enough for you, because it rather focus on the context of history and how the american government has fucked over our troops over the decades.

Seriously is that to complex of a concept for you too handle Yurt? Perhaps you should go visit another thread where the monkeys are flinging their poo at the left and ignoring history because its not convenient for their agendas.

What a joke.

Complete bullshit. Links or it's a lie. Plain and simple.

Funny how liberals only defense of Obama is pointing to others having done it too.

LAMBRO: Unearthing the depth of the VA's malfeasance - Washington Times

It’s been going on for a great deal longer, too, as a mountain of Government Accountability Office audits can attest over many decades: Countless reports of medical mistreatment; dangerously lengthy delays for ill veterans seeking care; shocking mortality rates when compared with private-sector hospitals for similar surgeries; old, rundown facilities; and aged, broken medical equipment.

Seeing how this is the hot topic of the moment, and a lot of the partisan shrills are jumping up and down because they can attack Obama over this while ignoring, or just blowing off the context of what i call "factual history".

These and other problems in the VA’s vast bureaucracy have been exposed in a sea of reports now gathering dust in congressional oversight committees that have failed to effectively address their findings.

So you have a bloated machine leaking "oil" everywhere and the mechanics ( congress) throwing their hands up in the air and saying " yeah thats a problem" and just stand there watching it.

and tiny flag pins make you patriotic.

Which seems is more of the same over the decades.

Let’s go back seven years ago, when Washington Post reporters — after exposing shockingly shabby, unhealthy conditions at Walter Reed Army Medical Center — found many of the same problems existed throughout the VA’s organization.

Oh we all remember Walter reed right? i remember all that outrage....oh wait..

I recall a more shocking situation when I was writing about GAO investigations in the 1970s and 1980s that told of higher-than-normal fatality rates in VA hospitals.

I dont remember Obama being President at the time.....By chance who was running things back then? Nixon, ford, carter and the saint Reagan.

So the reality is this has been an ongoing problem for decades that covers both the left and the right fairly decently. I know this wont stop the partisans from doing their typical low brow intelligence posting, but maybe this will sway a few people to just say " Hey this needs to stop and everyone is accountable.

As I've said from the beginning, the quality of care from the VA is impeccable, the problems lie within the bureaucracy one has to muddle through to get that care.

The Obamacare rollout was a disaster because funding was limited and a substandard contractor was used for such a massive project.

Get rid of the appointed bureaucrats and replace them with administrative professionals with knowledge of the health are delivery system; then hire sufficient professional clerical healthcare workers on a temporary basis to clear the backlog of disability applications. And find the money to do it.

be all means link it up
Start here: Panel told of ?troubling? VA underfunding - The Washington Post

i still dont think its just a money issue and its partially also how its managed.

Shinseki noted that Iraq and Afghanistan veterans are using VA services “at unprecedented levels.” Out of 1.4 million who have returned from service in those wars, 67 percent have used some VA benefit or service — “a far higher percentage than those from previous wars,” Shinseki said.

and yet we do nothing but bicker.

Complete bullshit. Links or it's a lie. Plain and simple.
I just started linking, and get some common sense.

Funny how liberals only defense of Obama is pointing to others having done it too.

you are a retard...go away before you hurt yourself trying to think beyond a 1st grade level.
I dont want to see a hospital burdened with having to treat you, when they could be saving someone who's worth saving.

context matters and this problem has been on going for a long, long time.

you are a retard...go away before you hurt yourself trying to think beyond a 1st grade level.
I dont want to see a hospital burdened with having to treat you, when they could be saving someone who's worth saving.

context matters and this problem has been on going for a long, long time.
So why doesn't this president do something about it, retard?

The VA is better under Obama than it was under Bush, yet it sucks. This isn't rocket science folks.

The VA is better under Obama than it was under Bush, yet it sucks. This isn't rocket science folks.
Really? How is it better?

Forum List

Back