Woke VA officials ban iconic WWII kiss photo over ‘values’ — and are forced to reverse it when boss finds out via tweet

Wow probably the most iconic American photo of the 20th Century.
The photo wasn't "inclusive" enough for the marxist retard.

1945-outtake-iconic-image-eisenstaedt-34463983.jpg

The photo — which captures an ecstatic US sailor kissing a nurse passing by to celebrate the end of war with Japan in 1945 — was deemed “inappropriate behavior” by VA higher-ups because it “depicts a non-consensual act.”

Displaying the snapshot in VA hospitals “could be construed as a tacit endorsement of the inappropriate behavior it depicts,” wrote RimaAnn Nelson, the agency’s assistant undersecretary for Health for Operations, in a Feb. 29 memo to staffers around the country.

“Employees have expressed discomfort with the display of this photograph” — and “to foster a more trauma-informed environment,’’ it should be removed, the missive said.

Doing so “reflects our dedication to creating a respectful and safe workplace, and is in keeping with our broader efforts to promote a culture of inclusivity and awareness,” Nelson wrote.
And, according to history, it was not at all non consensual:

". . .As for Mendonsa kissing Zimmer, Molleur said, “It was totally consensual,” adding that thousands of other sailors were making out with women at the time.

Mendonsa ended up becoming “very good friends with” Zimmer, according to his daughter."

Applying 2024 cultural protocol to a joyous celebration as the soldiers, sailors, airmen came home from the horrors of WWII in 1945 is just as stupid as assigning modern day protocols and standards to people who lived more than 200, 300, 400+ years ago.

And, according to history, it was not at all non consensual:

". . .As for Mendonsa kissing Zimmer, Molleur said, “It was totally consensual,” adding that thousands of other sailors were making out with women at the time.

Mendonsa ended up becoming “very good friends with” Zimmer, according to his daughter."

Applying 2024 cultural protocol to a joyous celebration as the soldiers, sailors, airmen came home from the horrors of WWII in 1945 is just as stupid as assigning modern day protocols and standards to people who lived more than 200, 300, 400+ years ago.
You didn't read that link did you Bingo?

“I was grabbed,” she said in the book. “That man was very strong. I wasn’t kissing him. He was kissing me.”

Again, and don't take this personally, but GFY.

You had goat in your name, I was livid, and given your Leftist proclivities, I naturally assumed that you enjoyed diddling goats of any of the 16 Leftist genders
My name is about cooking and eating Goats. Don't try and project your depraved fantasy on to leftists. A leftists didn't possess you and force you to fantasize about beastility. You did that on your own and so it's yours to own, no one else's.

You misquoted you disnhonest trashy punk
I quoted straight from the article and you haven't provided any quotes. Why don't you prove your claim by putting what I quoted and what you think the actual quote was, side by side? I bet you can't. :funnyface:

The people who complain about this are dangerous.

They are dangerous because they desperate for attention and to validate their existence. But they have nothing of value to earn attention or anything substantial that validates them.

So what they do is search, look, hunt and try to find anything they possibly can twist into being offensive regardless of what it is in order to justify their existence. They create offenses and breed hate and the more they do it and get away with it the more they will do it and the further they will take it.

I quoted straight from the article and you haven't provided any quotes. Why don't you prove your claim by putting what I quoted and what you think the actual quote was, side by side? I bet you can't. :funnyface:
Give it up second hander you lied and twisted and have been owned

\

Keep telling yourself that boy

You ran like a coward and presented no facts

you are my bitch YOU are the one being owned by your better
Try again you Frailure. Still waiting on your quotes and links. :itsok:

Greta Zimmer Friedman - Wikipedia

V-J Day in Times Square became iconic and was viewed popularly as a romantic photograph taken during the 1945 victory celebrations. As she adapted to that interpretation of what she acknowledged as not consensual, Friedman expressed mixed feelings about it decades later.[7][8] In 2005, during an interview at the Library of Congress Friedman stated, "it wasn't my choice to be kissed. The guy just came over and kissed or grabbed."

Forum List

Back