The untold history of Iran

alpine

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012

For most Americans, the story of Iran starts with the 1979 revolution and the hostage crisis.

But for Iranians, the story starts in 1953, with the military coup orchestrated by the CIA, overthrowing the Iranian Democracy...

Right on spot...

Yeah, really went downhill in 1979. Back 1000 years. Maybe more.
They should show us and start a new democracy.
Then they can hang those evil mullahs.

Well, they are trying. They did go on the streets against the mullahs top guy Ahmadinejad, and got killed during protests.
Now Ahmadinejad is out, they have a president who speaks against mullah, they seem to be on route and I think US got it right this time, with the Iranian deal...

What I have always found interesting is when I have met Iranians the ones that lean forward to speak tell me that they are Persian. I love it. They hold themselves with such grace.

Maybe one day down the road we'll find leaders who will back the people. If it's a true revolution. But I have been seeing pictures of modern day Iran that blows "they all live in caves" shit out of the water.

They never did by the way. Highly educated and a grand history. Brutal at times and I have my own issues over that but these are not stupid peoples living in a tribe in a cave.

Well, they are trying. They did go on the streets against the mullahs top guy Ahmadinejad, and got killed during protests.
Now Ahmadinejad is out, they have a president who speaks against mullah, they seem to be on route and I think US got it right this time, with the Iranian deal...

If only our worthless POS had supported them, they'd be free instead of wasting their money on nukes.

If only our worthless POS had supported them, they'd be free instead of wasting their money on nukes.

He is supporting them. Rouhani is the guy reformist green revolution is supporting.
Mullah dont like this guy. Mullah was behind Ahmadinejad, but Rouhani won with the support of the reformists. But mullah cant do much against him other than trying to undermine Rouhanis efforts to sign a deal with the Americans.

If this Iranian deal stands, and Rouhani government can use the money being released by the US for the prosperity of their people, rather than arming themselves with more sophisticated weapons and nukes, than we might see reformists back on the streets protesting mullah, getting the job done and move Iran forward to being a much more stable state, curbing its extremes...

At least thats the plan. We shall see if this will work or not.

But one thing is for sure; the alternative seems to be very messy and dangerous for the rest of the world...

He is supporting them. Rouhani is the guy reformist green revolution is supporting.
Mullah dont like this guy. Mullah was behind Ahmadinejad, but Rouhani won with the support of the reformists. But mullah cant do much against him other than trying to undermine Rouhanis efforts to sign a deal with the Americans.

If this Iranian deal stands, and Rouhani government can use the money being released by the US for the prosperity of their people, rather than arming themselves with more sophisticated weapons and nukes, than we might see reformists back on the streets protesting mullah, getting the job done and move Iran forward to being a much more stable state, curbing its extremes...

But one thing is for sure; the alternative seems to be very messy and dangerous for the rest of the world...

He is supporting them.

He has never supported the people, only the mullahs.

If this Iranian deal stands, and Rouhani government can use the money being released by the US for the prosperity of their people, rather than arming themselves with more sophisticated weapons and nukes,

LOL! Until the mullahs hang, the money will be used to support terror, worldwide.

He is supporting them.

He has never supported the people, only the mullahs.

If this Iranian deal stands, and Rouhani government can use the money being released by the US for the prosperity of their people, rather than arming themselves with more sophisticated weapons and nukes,

LOL! Until the mullahs hang, the money will be used to support terror, worldwide.

Lets hope not...

For most Americans, the story of Iran starts with the 1979 revolution and the hostage crisis.

But for Iranians, the story starts in 1953, with the military coup orchestrated by the CIA, overthrowing the Iranian Democracy...

Right on spot...

Why don't we go way, way back to see when all this started in Iran??

History Jihad against Zoroaster of Iran | Iranian.com

Yup, and Hitler was killing Jews because of something happened 2000 years ago.

Congratulations, you are a NAZI! :)

Let us not forget Neda. There is even a street name after her in West Los Angeles where many ex-Iranians live. If the people went out on the streets again, the same thing would happen as did last time.

Click here: The YouTube Martyr: How Neda Agha Soltan has become the symbol that could help topple Iran's fanatical rulers | Da

Right on spot...

Well let people know the true history of Iran and how they were invaded.

Right on spot...

Like how Americas was invaded? I wouldn't go in there if I were you...

What I have always found interesting is when I have met Iranians the ones that lean forward to speak tell me that they are Persian. I love it. They hold themselves with such grace.

I have spoken to many Iranians here in Southern California, where as you know many of them have settled. They all call themselves Persians. Since the Persian Empire was a great one, I have a feeling hat these people are not proud if they have any Arab in them by way of the Arab invaders.

One thing I have to say is that they are very hospitable people no matter what their religion is. Out come the refreshments if you are at their home. One time when I was in the neighborhood, one fellow who I had met before and who was in the petroleum industry in Iran even brought me into his house for lunch. It was actually like eating dinner with all the food put out. I often wonder what his wife thought about a strange woman sitting at their table.

Right on spot...

Americans are quite aware of their history and the disgraceful treatment of the Native American tribes. However, Native Americans in this day and age can practice whatever religion they want to without fear of being arrested and thrown into prison.. In fact, just for general information, a female member of the Cheyennes was recently accepted into one of the military academies. I believe it was West Pooint.

Right on spot...

Americans are quite aware of their history and the disgraceful treatment of the Native American tribes. However, Native Americans in this day and age can practice whatever religion they want to without fear of being arrested and thrown into prison.. In fact, just for general information, a female member of the Cheyennes was recently accepted into one of the military academies. I believe it was West Pooint.

And how long it did take to get there?

500 years?

I have spoken to many Iranians here in Southern California, where as you know many of them have settled. They all call themselves Persians. Since the Persian Empire was a great one, I have a feeling hat these people are not proud if they have any Arab in them by way of the Arab invaders.

One thing I have to say is that they are very hospitable people no matter what their religion is. Out come the refreshments if you are at their home. One time when I was in the neighborhood, one fellow who I had met before and who was in the petroleum industry in Iran even brought me into his house for lunch. It was actually like eating dinner with all the food put out. I often wonder what his wife thought about a strange woman sitting at their table.

Thank you so much Sally. It's this grace about them.

You have no idea how much this means to me. You witnessed this too.

500 years?

How long has it been since the Muslim invaded Iran? I bet you that the few Zoroastrian left aren't happy with with what happened? By the way, since it appears that you are Iranian, can you tell us why so many of all religions fled when the crazies took power, and why they are still fleeing Iran? Surely you must be the expert on this.

500 years?

If I could interject.

First Nations beat the shit out of the newcomers. At first.

:lol:

The French made peace to a point and so did the Brits. The biggie came when tribes aligned with one side or the other and they started killing each other.

The history isn't black or white here. It was French vs Brit And all First Nations that took sides.

Have to take Raven out. Back in a bit.

Forum List

Back