CDZ The two biggest mistakes of George W. Bush

1. Invading Iraq instead of Iran

2. Touting islam is a religion of peace.

Iraq was not a sponsor of terrorism as Iran was and is...officially designated as a state sponsor of terrorism and who claims to have many sleeper terrorist cells in America just waiting for orders.

All muslims are not terrorists but how do you tell a good muslim from a bad one?

Our immigration dept. certainly does not know how to do that. Yet we still allow them to come here and trot back and forth to the Middle East after they get here.
We are allowing Iranians into the US? I thought there was a ban.

The Supreme Court ruled that parts of Donald Trump’s travel ban were acceptable, leading the State Department to create a set of new guidelines on the ban, which applies to nationals from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen, with a few exceptions. To travel to the US from those six Muslim-majority countries, travelers must prove they have a “bona fide relationship” with “a person or entity in the United States” that was “formed in the ordinary course, rather than for the purpose of evading” the ban. The guidelines will be enforced starting today at 8 p.m. EST.

The New York Times has made an interactive guide on who is allowed into the US and who isn’t.

Who Is Allowed
The court ruled that the travel ban couldn’t be imposed on anyone with a “bona fide relationship” with “a person or entity in the United States.” The Trump administration has clarified what that means. According to The New York Times, “close family” includes parents (including parents-in-law), spouses, children, adult sons or daughters, sons-in-law, daughters-in-law, and siblings (including step-siblings). But it doesn’t include grandparents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, brothers-in-laws and sisters-in-law, fiancés and any other extended family members.

A “bona fide” relationship with an entity could include speaking at a university in the US or taking a job from a company in the US. But it exempts companies and nonprofits from creating relationships—like calling people “clients”—to help people avoid the ban.

Green card holders, dual nationals, American citizens, and diplomats will be allowed into the US. Diplomats include UN visitors, NATO officials, international representatives, and others with A-1 or A-2 visas.

Students and workers would be allowed entry into the US, regardless of if they have visas or not. They are already qualified for non-immigrant work visas because they have “bona fide” relationships in the US. In 2015, there were 13,000 tempory visits from students and workers from the six countries.

Iraq was not a sponsor of terrorism as Iran was and is...officially designated as a state sponsor of terrorism and who claims to have many sleeper terrorist cells in America just waiting for orders.

All muslims are not terrorists but how do you tell a good muslim from a bad one?

Our immigration dept. certainly does not know how to do that. Yet we still allow them to come here and trot back and forth to the Middle East after they get here.
We had no justification to invade Iraq or Iran

Yet....congress went along with it.
Who was Commander in Chief?

What does that have to do with the FACT that members of Congress voted in support of invading Iraq?

Silly argument.

1. Ignoring the CRA housing bubble.

2. Trying to turn Iraq into a Western style democracy.

Bush made many huge,huge mistakes, but now the media touts the bush's as just being so fantastic....ridiculous.
I don’t see many in the media claiming Bush 43s Presidency as being fantastic

George W. Bush, Hero -- Liberals Now Admire Him, Comparing Him Favorably to Trump | National Review

What does that have to do with the FACT that members of Congress voted in support of invading Iraq?

Silly argument.

Bush made the request
Congress gave him the authorization to invade if he saw it necessary

Bush was the decider

Silly argument.

Bush made the request

Bush was the decider

Which doesn't change the fact that those who voted yes supported the invasion of Iraq. It's truly silly to argue otherwise.

Well, I take that back, with members of Congress being as dishonest as they are, you can't really trust that their vote means a damn thing. So we'll just leave that at that.

Bush made many huge,huge mistakes, but now the media touts the bush's as just being so fantastic....ridiculous.

George W. Bush, Hero -- Liberals Now Admire Him, Comparing Him Favorably to Trump | National Review
Your link had malware

Silly argument.

Bush made the request

Bush was the decider

Which doesn't change the fact that those who voted yes supported the invasion of Iraq. It's truly silly to argue otherwise.

Well, I take that back, with members of Congress being as dishonest as they are, you can't really trust that their vote means a damn thing. So we'll just leave that at that.
This thread is about Bush
Bush made the decision

It was a disaster

Silly argument.

Bush made the request

Bush was the decider

Bush made the decision

It was a disaster

Oh I see the thread is about Bush , so it is perfectly acceptable for you to lie about what other politicians did or did not do?

By the way, let me educate you on the law here. The President has the SOLE authoirity to conduct military operations as long as they don't last more than 90 days from build up to draw down. Bush did that, what he went to Congress to seek, and got, was the authority to stay engaged in Iraq for longer than that. Congress gleefully agreed that it was the right thing to do. If they had voted no, Bush would have had to by law pull the US military out of Iraq. So CONGRESS made the decision to allow Bush to remain in Iraq.

This is the exact same reason Congress must vote periodically to remain engaged in the war on terror that we are allegedly fighting.

Your link had malware

bullshite
Told me I had won a thousand dollar IPad

Silly argument.

Bush made the request

Bush was the decider

Bush made the decision

It was a disaster

Oh I see the thread is about Bush , so it is perfectly acceptable for you to lie about what other politicians did or did not do?

By the way, let me educate you on the law here. The President has the SOLE authoirity to conduct military operations as long as they don't last more than 90 days from build up to draw down. Bush did that, what he went to Congress to seek, and got, was the authority to stay engaged in Iraq for longer than that. Congress gleefully agreed that it was the right thing to do. If they had voted no, Bush would have had to by law pull the US military out of Iraq. So CONGRESS made the decision to allow Bush to remain in Iraq.

This is the exact same reason Congress must vote periodically to remain engaged in the war on terror that we are allegedly fighting.
Once again

The decision to initiate military action was Bush’s and Bush’s alone
Stop trying to pass the blame

Silly argument.

Bush made the request

Bush was the decider

Bush made the decision

It was a disaster

Once again

No one is passing the blame. You are just dishonestly trying to claim that Congress didn't agree with him.

Damn, you would think that in a sub forum that I was led to believe was meant for more serious conversation that such dishonesty could be avoided.

Bush made the request

Bush was the decider

Bush made the decision

It was a disaster

Once again

No one is passing the blame. You are just dishonestly trying to claim that Congress didn't agree with him.

Damn, you would think that in a sub forum that I was led to believe was meant for more serious conversation that such dishonesty could be avoided.
Thread is about Bush

How he lied to Congress is s different story

His mistake in Iraq was losing to Bill Clinton before he finished off Saddam. Iran didn't attack countries we had defense agreements with, Saddam did. Reagan is the guy who should have invaded Iran; attacking an embassy is the same as attacking American soil, and Reagan was a giant pussy, despite all the big noises he made.

Even the propaganda outlets NPR and PBS are gushing over Bush I ans if were the best Prez ever all of a sudden, another sign of their two-faced hypocrisy and utter lack of credibility, since those of us who were around back then know full well the kind of sleaze the scum tossed at him back then.

His mistake in Iraq was losing to Bill Clinton before he finished off Saddam. Iran didn't attack countries we had defense agreements with, Saddam did. Reagan is the guy who should have invaded Iran; attacking an embassy is the same as attacking American soil, and Reagan was a giant pussy, despite all the big noises he made.

Well, we were talking about W Bush but I agree with you about GHerbert Bush for the most part...he stopped short in the kuwait thing...should have gone on up the Hwy....and took out Saddam right then and there whilst we had all those boots on the ground over there....and his excuse 'but oh the coalition would have fallen apart' dumb to say the least....we did not need anyone else to help us.

I also agree with you about Reagan....I never liked Reagan...he was little more than a hollywood fraud...even claimed at one point that he fought in the war...all he did was make B movies. Then he went senile at some point.....and the media covered for him pretty much until Nancy got caught whispering to him what to say one time when he got all flustered........yet he still got a pass. I kinda think he had cognitive problems early on even in his first administration...perhaps not all that bad but it gradually got worse and worse.

But the most unforgivable thing Reagan did was when the Marine Barracks in Lebanon was blown up and said well....I wish there was something we could do about that...and of course he did nothing as far as is known.

However, not too long after that if I remember correctly a big bomb went off in an Iranian government assembly of the top guys and killed a lot of Iranian officials....that might have been Bill Casey though....he was a good one...very smart.

Hafte Tir bombing - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Bush made the decision

It was a disaster

Once again

Thread is about Bush

Lied to Congress? They had access to the same intel he had. That you want to excuse them for coming to the same conclusion that Bush came to matters not.

Bush made the decision

It was a disaster

Once again

Thread is about Bush

Lied to Congress? They had access to the same intel he had. That you want to excuse them for coming to the same conclusion that Bush came to matters not.
They had access to the info from Bush’s selective CIA releases

Forum List

Back