The time has come to walk away from the Republican party

Where does this faith of repeal come from?

Second if a candidate fails to gain enough support it is not the fault of those that didnt vote for him.

Already setting up an excuse....

My faith is not in Romney, it is in a Republican controlled congress after the election.

If it is important to you to stop Obamacare...Romney it the ONLY option.

Ron Paul is not going to be president.

Gary Johnson is not going to be president.

It's Romney or Obama...and Obama will veto any attempt at repeal.

So, like I said, if repealing Obamacare is your goal, vote for Romney.

If you vote third party, write in a candidate or don't vote and Romney loses, you share part of the blame for the implementation of the "Affordable Care Entitlement Program".

Obamacare is Romneycare. Romney isn't going to repeal anything. Why would he shoot down the legislation he was the father of creating?

His "I'm going to repeal!" BS is just to rally the goons to vote for him.

LOL... after what Romney has said in the past three weeks, if he didn't repeal ObamaScare , it would be political suicide, and worse than "read my lips". You must be smokin' some good sh*t today...

Walked away from them after the sold me out, yet again, in '95.

Maybe if Scott Walker had got the nomination.......
I don't know what happened to you, Oddball. I'm so sorry. We need every conservative vote or we are likely to see four years of unfettered crimes against the Constitution.

That's all we had under W. He and the GOP thugs created the patriot act, the most anti-constitution and huge government bill every enacted.

Not to mention every time it has come up for an extension, the GOP voted almost unanimously to continue it, where the democrats vote strongly against.

It's pretty clear to see a vote for the GOP is a vote to use the constitution as toilet paper.

HE created the partriot act, really? Him all by himself without congress. My, my what a load of BS. Apparently the thug in the WH is all for the PA. I was going to say Obama promised you that he would get rid of the PA, I was remembering incorrectly, he was and is all for it: http://glassbooth.org/explore/index/barack-obama/11/civil-liberties-and-domestic-security/2/ Now we are at the point where the thug in the WH is dropping predators on American citizens, and their 16 year old sons, with out due process all at the whim of the CIA. No protest at all from the liberal left, none, nada, zip.

Last edited:
I will vote for the person who most shares my view of what the country should be and the direction it should go in while Romney was never my first choice for the Republican nomination his vision of America is far closer to mine than Obama's is.

So your view of America is wealthy overlords who pay no taxes while the average citizen's job is shipped overseas?

you say this while you all vote for some of the richest Democrats in Congress

Walked away from them after the sold me out, yet again, in '95.

Maybe if Scott Walker had got the nomination.......
I don't know what happened to you, Oddball. I'm so sorry. We need every conservative vote or we are likely to see four years of unfettered crimes against the Constitution.

That's all we had under W. He and the GOP thugs created the patriot act, the most anti-constitution and huge government bill every enacted.

Not to mention every time it has come up for an extension, the GOP voted almost unanimously to continue it, where the democrats vote strongly against.

It's pretty clear to see a vote for the GOP is a vote to use the constitution as toilet paper.

20 years ago you could say this BS and get away with it but in today's world I would think that the liberal left would know there BS would be found out. Dan Rather blazed that trail one would think that the left would learn to at least shroud there BS but no it is just put out there I suppose hoping that the rest of the left will feed off it. And I am not defending the PA I am just saying it is ALL of them, including Obama.

Patriot Act Vote Reminds Us How Bipartisanship Undermines Accountability

Patriot Act Vote Reminds Us How Bipartisanship Undermines Accountability | FDL Action

Here are the actual vote counts: http://educate-yourself.org/cn/patriotact20012006senatevote.shtml

Last edited:
I will vote for the person who most shares my view of what the country should be and the direction it should go in while Romney was never my first choice for the Republican nomination his vision of America is far closer to mine than Obama's is.

So your view of America is wealthy overlords who pay no taxes while the average citizen's job is shipped overseas?

Yeah but those rich people got it the fair way they didn't rip off the poor like their less rich GOP counter parts. The Democrat rich got there only because the government helped them, no way they did it on their own. I am waiting for the same help from the government but what I see is exactly the opposite, as is with everything liberal.

My faith is not in Romney, it is in a Republican controlled congress after the election.

If you vote third party, write in a candidate or don't vote and Romney loses, you share part of the blame for the implementation of the "Affordable Care Entitlement Program".

Obamacare is Romneycare. Romney isn't going to repeal anything. Why would he shoot down the legislation he was the father of creating?

LOL... after what Romney has said in the past three weeks, if he didn't repeal ObamaScare , it would be political suicide, and worse than "read my lips". You must be smokin' some good sh*t today...

Romney will never get the chance to repeal Obamacare so he can say whatever he wants. It is now a fundamental part of America all because of the drug addled mind of Kennedy.

Yeah but those rich people got it the fair way they didn't rip off the poor like their less rich GOP counter parts. The Democrat rich got there only because the government helped them, no way they did it on their own. I am waiting for the same help from the government but what I see is exactly the opposite, as is with everything liberal.

that's what makes me laugh, they talk about Romney's wealth all the while voting for these rich Democrats in Congress...SIX out of the top ten richest in Congress are DEMOCRATS

Romney is doing nothing but being the pied piper playing his flute to lead the rats.

Romney was the father of the ACA, and has even stated he's a progressive, there is no way in hell he would repeal the ACA. Not to mention when he doesn't (theoretically speaking as he won't get elected), would the GOP trash suddenly grow a brain and start voting (D)? Of course not, they will still be obedient (R) sheep and he, plus the GOP establishment knows it.

Just look at the teabaggers for example. They ran on a platform of "less spending!" "less government!" "pro constitution!" When key votes came up such as the constitution shredding and huge government patriot act renewal, the teabaggers would never in a million years to support it, right?
Nope, they almost all voted for it just like the GOP thugs.

How about the huge government and anti-freedom NDAA? Just like a patriot act, the GOP/teabaggers voted almost unanimously in favor of it.

Also the nation's credit downgrade issue. The teabaggers/GOP refused to cut their insane spending, which got the nation's credit downgraded. And here I though the teabaggers were all about less spending?

After all this, the tea party showing beyond all doubt they flat out lied to their voters, once in office voting for the complete opposite of what they ran on would be complete political suicide right?

Not at all, the teabaggers could care less, and still support them, further confirming the fact that right wingers are completely brainwashed morons that will vote (R) no matter how much they are lied to, shit on, or otherwise violated.

Last edited:

HE created the partriot act, really? Him all by himself without congress. My, my what a load of BS. Apparently the thug in the WH is all for the PA. I was going to say Obama promised you that he would get rid of the PA, I was remembering incorrectly, he was and is all for it: Barack Obama on Civil Liberties and Domestic Security Now we are at the point where the thug in the WH is dropping predators on American citizens, and their 16 year old sons, with out due process all at the whim of the CIA. No protest at all from the liberal left, none, nada, zip.

Apparently, you are like many of your fellow blind con followers, and have selective amnesia regarding bush/shrub's tenure. The con's/mega-corp's had the majority in Congress and the presidency when the Patriot Act was formed.

May I suggest you keep up and get informed before posting about shit you haven't a clue about.

Romney is doing nothing but being the pied piper playing his flute to lead the rats.

Romney was the father of the ACA, and has even stated he's a progressive, there is no way in hell he would repeal the ACA. Not to mention when he doesn't (theoretically speaking as he won't get elected), would the GOP trash suddenly grow a brain and start voting (D)? Of course not, they will still be obedient (R) sheep and he, plus the GOP establishment knows it.

Just look at the teabaggers for example. They ran on a platform of "less spending!" "less government!" "pro constitution!" When key votes came up such as the constitution shredding and huge government patriot act renewal, the teabaggers would never in a million years to support it, right?

How about the huge government and anti-freedom NDAA? Just like a patriot act, the GOP/teabaggers voted in favor of it.

Also the nation's credit downgrade issue. The teabaggers/GOP refused to cut their insane spending, which got the nation's credit downgraded. And here I though the teabaggers were all about less spending?

After all this, the tea party showing beyond all doubt they flat out lied to their voters, by when in office voted for the complete opposite of what they ran on would be complete political suicide right?

Not at all, the teabaggers could care less, and still support them, further confirming the fact that right wingers are completely brainwashed morons that will vote (R) no matter how much they are lied to, shit on, or otherwise violated.

May I point out for you edification that the Tea Party is not a real political party? That they don't vote on anything much like the OWS except the Tea Party is peaceful? The democrats have controlled congress since 2006 except for the last year. What did they do to curb spending? Absolutely nothing they went the other way which resulted in the longest and weakest recovery in history. The facts bare me out, you just make it up as you go.

I remain hopeful that the GOP will one day be fine. Right now it's controlled by a group of simplistic absolutists, and the predictable result - a paralyzed political process - is what we're seeing. And it's happening at the worst possible time, during a global economic crisis. The group of simplistic absolutists is not large, necessarily, but it's where most of the energy of the party is. A bunch of Rush Limbaugh wannabes, all black and white, us vs. them, all or nothing. This board provides many vivid examples.

Nothing moves until they're marginalized, and I wonder who in the party has the nerve to get that ball rolling.

The country desperately needs two strong parties that can cooperate with each other. I guess the only question now is whether we'll have that before it's too late.

Last edited:

HE created the patriot act, really? Him all by himself without congress. My, my what a load of BS. Apparently the thug in the WH is all for the PA. I was going to say Obama promised you that he would get rid of the PA, I was remembering incorrectly, he was and is all for it: Barack Obama on Civil Liberties and Domestic Security Now we are at the point where the thug in the WH is dropping predators on American citizens, and their 16 year old sons, with out due process all at the whim of the CIA. No protest at all from the liberal left, none, nada, zip.

Apparently, you are like many of your fellow blind con followers, and have selective amnesia regarding bush/shrub's tenure. The con's/mega-corp's had the majority in Congress and the presidency when the Patriot Act was formed.

May I suggest you keep up and get informed before posting about shit you haven't a clue about.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and considered that you were just repeating the lies of the liberal left not knowing they were lies. Not no more, I showed you that the PA has had and still has bipartisan support yet you act as if Obama didn't vote for the bill nor extend the bill. You have now joined the Dan Rather ranks.

I remain hopeful that the GOP will one day be fine. Right now it's controlled by a group of simplistic absolutists, and the predictable result - a paralyzed political process - is what we're seeing. And it's happening at the worst possible time, during a global economic crisis. The group of simplistic absolutists is not large, necessarily, but it's where most of the energy of the party is. A bunch of Rush Limbaugh wannabes, all black and white, us vs. them, all or nothing. This board provides many vivid examples.

Nothing moves until they're marginalized, and I wonder who in the party has the nerve to get that ball rolling.

The country desperately needs two strong parties that can cooperate with each other. I guess the only question now is whether we'll have that before it's too late.

and what about the Democrat party? It's not ALL the Gop

How about the huge government and anti-freedom NDAA? Just like a patriot act, the GOP/teabaggers voted in favor of it.

After all this, the tea party showing beyond all doubt they flat out lied to their voters, by when in office voted for the complete opposite of what they ran on would be complete political suicide right?

May I point out for you edification that the Tea Party is not a real political party? That they don't vote on anything much like the OWS except the Tea Party is peaceful? The democrats have controlled congress since 2006 except for the last year. What did they do to curb spending? Absolutely nothing they went the other way which resulted in the longest and weakest recovery in history. The facts bare me out, you just make it up as you go.

They do control the agenda of the con party.

The dem's HAVE NOT controlled the Congress since 06. The rest of your tripe is....well.....just that - tripe.

Do you know what a filibuster is? Do you know how a filibuster works?

and what about the Democrat party? It's not ALL the Gop

No, the problems are not just one party. But the absolutists are mostly on the right, at least currently. Look at the disaster that is the ACA - the Dems wanted single payer, and they gave in all over the freakin' place. When Nancy Pelosi is looking like a statesman, something is seriously wrong.

Why is a two party system so sacrosanct? How many political parties were there at the start of the country?
One!
There could be sixteen.
The present two have disqualified themselves.

Out!

I remain hopeful that the GOP will one day be fine. Right now it's controlled by a group of simplistic absolutists, and the predictable result - a paralyzed political process - is what we're seeing. And it's happening at the worst possible time, during a global economic crisis. The group of simplistic absolutists is not large, necessarily, but it's where most of the energy of the party is. Nothing moves until they're marginalized, and I wonder who in the party has the nerve to get that ball rolling.

You should be thanking the GOP. When the democrats had complete control is when the country when to hell in a hand basket. I am not sure what you expect the government to do any way. What more can they do then to stop plunging our children into untold debt? Since Obama the price of gasoline has doubled, how is that Republican fault and how has that hurt the poor? I just can't understand how the party which is not in power gets the blame for the wrongs of the power party. It is crazy. The government isn't the solution it is the problem, unlike what Obama might tell you.

20 years ago you could say this BS and get away with it but in today's world I would think that the liberal left would know there BS would be found out. Dan Rather blazed that trail one would think that the left would learn to at least shroud there BS but no it is just put out there I suppose hoping that the rest of the left will feed off it. And I am not defending the PA I am just saying it is ALL of them, including Obama.

Patriot Act Vote Reminds Us How Bipartisanship Undermines Accountability

Patriot Act Vote Reminds Us How Bipartisanship Undermines Accountability | FDL Action

Here are the actual vote counts: Senate Vote Roll Call on U.S. Patriot Act 2001 & 2006

It all comes down to the vote and if you look, the 01' patriot act was a republican proposed bill and signed by a republican president.

At the time it did receive bi-partisan support (though many dems voted against it, only 3 GOP'ers did) as we were told if it wasn't passed, the nation would be in grave danger of terror attacks not to mention after 9/11 was during the brief time of "let's put the partisanship aside and rally behind the president" where we all hoped W would do the same and only the right thing, which was completely wrong.

In subsequent votes that Dems have been strongly opposed to the patriot act, and feel it should end.

In the 06' renewal vote;

Republicans = 214 for crapping on the constitution, 13 for freedom

Democrats = 66 for crapping on the constitution, 124 for freedom

Now let's jump to the 11' renewal vote (this is now with the "less government!" "pro constitution!" tea baggers in office, no way in a million years they would vote for it, right?)

Republicans/teabaggers = 210 for crapping on the constitution, 27 for freedom

Democrats = 65 for crapping on the constitution, 117 for freedom

House Roll Call #36 Details - OpenCongress

It's plain as day to see the GOP/teabaggers hate freedom and the constitution with a passion.

Last edited:
After reading through a few posts I have come to realize the following;

When a Dem is President, that person has almost unlimited ability to do just about anything they desire. And the Dem Presdient is ALWAYS repsonsible for what ever happens. (unless it is a good outcome. Then it was an accident)

But when you have a Repub in the White House, the Repub President is almost powerless and NEVER, EVER responsible for the outcome of their decisions.

Any other sane thinking posters ever notice this?

Oh and Steph. Your Delusional Stephanie was a better nic. More accurate also.

Forum List

Back