The time has come to walk away from the Republican party

I remain hopeful that the GOP will one day be fine. Right now it's controlled by a group of simplistic absolutists, and the predictable result - a paralyzed political process - is what we're seeing. And it's happening at the worst possible time, during a global economic crisis. The group of simplistic absolutists is not large, necessarily, but it's where most of the energy of the party is. Nothing moves until they're marginalized, and I wonder who in the party has the nerve to get that ball rolling.

The country desperately needs two strong parties that can cooperate with each other. I guess the only question now is whether we'll have that before it's too late.

You should be thanking the GOP. When the democrats had complete control is when the country when to hell in a hand basket. I am not sure what you expect the government to do any way. What more can they do then to stop plunging our children into untold debt? Since Obama the price of gasoline has doubled, how is that Republican fault and how has that hurt the poor? I just can't understand how the party which is not in power gets the blame for the wrongs of the power party. It is crazy. The government isn't the solution it is the problem, unlike what Obama might tell you.

You provide a good example of my point.

I don't think that either party deserves "complete control". I'd prefer they cooperated like adults used to.

I remain hopeful that the GOP will one day be fine. Right now it's controlled by a group of simplistic absolutists, and the predictable result - a paralyzed political process - is what we're seeing. And it's happening at the worst possible time, during a global economic crisis. The group of simplistic absolutists is not large, necessarily, but it's where most of the energy of the party is. A bunch of Rush Limbaugh wannabes, all black and white, us vs. them, all or nothing. This board provides many vivid examples.

Nothing moves until they're marginalized, and I wonder who in the party has the nerve to get that ball rolling.

The country desperately needs two strong parties that can cooperate with each other. I guess the only question now is whether we'll have that before it's too late.

and what about the Democrat party? It's not ALL the Gop

No, the problems are not just one party. But the absolutists are mostly on the right, at least currently. Look at the disaster that is the ACA - the Dems wanted single payer, and they gave in all over the freakin' place. When Nancy Pelosi is looking like a statesman, something is seriously wrong.

How when not one republican, in the Senate, voted for the bill can you say that the democrats gave in on anything? Hell they didn't even know what was in the bill until they passed it in the dark of night. Funny how the Republicans almost to a man opposed the bill yet they still get blamed for how FU the bill really is, simply amazing. The truth is that the democrats are not willing to compromise on anything. What the democrats want is not compromise but compilation. Resistance is a good thing at time, it keeps a car from going over a cliff.

EDIT: I now remember what you are talking about. Because the bill was so FUed no Republican would vote for it and the centrists of the democrat party had to be bought off to support the damn thing. Those cornhuskers sure went cheap.

Last edited:

I remain hopeful that the GOP will one day be fine. Right now it's controlled by a group of simplistic absolutists, and the predictable result - a paralyzed political process - is what we're seeing. And it's happening at the worst possible time, during a global economic crisis. The group of simplistic absolutists is not large, necessarily, but it's where most of the energy of the party is. Nothing moves until they're marginalized, and I wonder who in the party has the nerve to get that ball rolling.

You should be thanking the GOP. When the democrats had complete control is when the country when to hell in a hand basket. I am not sure what you expect the government to do any way. What more can they do then to stop plunging our children into untold debt? Since Obama the price of gasoline has doubled, how is that Republican fault and how has that hurt the poor? I just can't understand how the party which is not in power gets the blame for the wrongs of the power party. It is crazy. The government isn't the solution it is the problem, unlike what Obama might tell you.

I don't think that either party deserves "complete control". I'd prefer they cooperated like adults used to.

I personally do not see how the con's are being adult about a single thing, either in Congress or here at USMB.

Hey, why you want to bring up those votes in Congress?

Everyone knows that the Rethugs didn't vote for anything proposed by the Bush admin.

It was all the Dems voting for Repubs.

Therefore everybad thing coming out of the Bush admin is ACTUALLY the result of Dems making the proposals and then passing them with their votes in Congress.

Were you not paying attention during the 8 long years of the Bush presidency?

Ask any Rethug on here who's fault it is for the situation we are in. To a man, it aint Bush's fault. He didn't do nothing. Obama is the most powerful POTUS we have ever had and FORCES the Rethugs in Congress to act the way they do.

No, the problems are not just one party. But the absolutists are mostly on the right, at least currently. Look at the disaster that is the ACA - the Dems wanted single payer, and they gave in all over the freakin' place. When Nancy Pelosi is looking like a statesman, something is seriously wrong.

How when not one republican, in the Senate, voted for the bill can you say that the democrats gave in on anything? Hell they didn't even know what was in the bill until they passed it in the dark of night. Funny how the Republicans almost to a man opposed the bill yet they still get blamed for how FU the bill really is, simply amazing. The truth is that the democrats are not willing to compromise on anything. What the democrats want is not compromise but compilation. Resistance is a good thing at time, it keeps a car from going over a cliff.

Again, you provide a vivid example of my point. Us vs them, black & white, all or nothing.

But, again, I remain hopeful.

EDIT: I now remember what you are talking about. Because the bill was so FUed no Republican would vote for it and the centrists of the democrat party had to be bought off to support the damn thing. Those cornhuskers sure went cheap.

Seeing as you are a birther nut case makes the rest of your posts worthless imho and not worthy of serious reply.

Next!

Hey, why you want to bring up those votes in Congress?

Everyone knows that the Rethugs didn't vote for anything proposed by the Bush admin.

It was all the Dems voting for Repubs.

Therefore everybad thing coming out of the Bush admin is ACTUALLY the result of Dems making the proposals and then passing them with their votes in Congress.

Were you not paying attention during the 8 long years of the Bush presidency?

Ask any Rethug on here who's fault it is for the situation we are in. To a man, it aint Bush's fault. He didn't do nothing. Obama is the most powerful POTUS we have ever had and FORCES the Rethugs in Congress to act the way they do.

Now that escaped my attention, but it explains a lot.

Still, I say out with both parties.

LOL... after what Romney has said in the past three weeks, if he didn't repeal ObamaScare , it would be political suicide, and worse than "read my lips". You must be smokin' some good sh*t today...

Romney is doing nothing but being the pied piper playing his flute to lead the rats.

Romney was the father of the ACA, and has even stated he's a progressive, there is no way in hell he would repeal the ACA. Not to mention when he doesn't (theoretically speaking as he won't get elected), would the GOP trash suddenly grow a brain and start voting (D)? Of course not, they will still be obedient (R) sheep and he, plus the GOP establishment knows it.

Just look at the teabaggers for example. They ran on a platform of "less spending!" "less government!" "pro constitution!" When key votes came up such as the constitution shredding and huge government patriot act renewal, the teabaggers would never in a million years to support it, right?
Nope, they almost all voted for it just like the GOP thugs.

How about the huge government and anti-freedom NDAA? Just like a patriot act, the GOP/teabaggers voted in favor of it.

Also the nation's credit downgrade issue. The teabaggers/GOP refused to cut their insane spending, which got the nation's credit downgraded. And here I though the teabaggers were all about less spending?

After all this, the tea party showing beyond all doubt they flat out lied to their voters, by when in office voted for the complete opposite of what they ran on would be complete political suicide right?

Not at all, the teabaggers could care less, and still support them, further confirming the fact that right wingers are completely brainwashed morons that will vote (R) no matter how much they are lied to, shit on, or otherwise violated.

May I point out for you edification that the Tea Party is not a real political party? That they don't vote on anything much like the OWS except the Tea Party is peaceful? The democrats have controlled congress since 2006 except for the last year. What did they do to curb spending? Absolutely nothing they went the other way which resulted in the longest and weakest recovery in history. The facts bare me out, you just make it up as you go.

The teabaggers are the radical right wing arm of the GOP, and their voting record, such as the examples i've provided you, prove this beyond all doubt. How in the hell do they not vote on anything if they are elected officials :cuckoo:?

Last edited:

I could not have provided a good example because you don't have a point other then repeating political talking points. There is little the government is going to do about the economic downturn in other countries and what we can do we have done. So your point is not made it isn't even stated. Political cooperation is how we got the Patriot act and the so called "free" trade agreements. It is not how we got Obamacare. Resistance is good it keeps us from going over a cliff. What we saw when one party controlled Congress was the economy crashing and burning and it was not the Pubs that were in control.

The stimulus passed. The Wall Street reform bills passed (Dodd-Frank), TARP passed, the auto industry, at least part was bailed out, unemployment benefits were extended, and we have plunged our children into untold debt over "shovel ready" projects. It is hard to see what else you think that the democrats need to screw up to try and make things better. All of that passed and yet we still have the longest and weakest recovery in history.

In a perfect world, I'd love to see three or four strong parties. But we have what we have right now, and we have to make the best of it. And that requires two parties that can cooperate and end this paralysis. The ship is sinking and all the deck hands can do is point the finger at each other.

Romney is doing nothing but being the pied piper playing his flute to lead the rats.

Romney was the father of the ACA, and has even stated he's a progressive, there is no way in hell he would repeal the ACA. Not to mention when he doesn't (theoretically speaking as he won't get elected), would the GOP trash suddenly grow a brain and start voting (D)? Of course not, they will still be obedient (R) sheep and he, plus the GOP establishment knows it.

Just look at the teabaggers for example. They ran on a platform of "less spending!" "less government!" "pro constitution!" When key votes came up such as the constitution shredding and huge government patriot act renewal, the teabaggers would never in a million years to support it, right?
Nope, they almost all voted for it just like the GOP thugs.

How about the huge government and anti-freedom NDAA? Just like a patriot act, the GOP/teabaggers voted in favor of it.

Also the nation's credit downgrade issue. The teabaggers/GOP refused to cut their insane spending, which got the nation's credit downgraded. And here I though the teabaggers were all about less spending?

After all this, the tea party showing beyond all doubt they flat out lied to their voters, by when in office voted for the complete opposite of what they ran on would be complete political suicide right?

Not at all, the teabaggers could care less, and still support them, further confirming the fact that right wingers are completely brainwashed morons that will vote (R) no matter how much they are lied to, shit on, or otherwise violated.

May I point out for you edification that the Tea Party is not a real political party? That they don't vote on anything much like the OWS except the Tea Party is peaceful? The democrats have controlled congress since 2006 except for the last year. What did they do to curb spending? Absolutely nothing they went the other way which resulted in the longest and weakest recovery in history. The facts bare me out, you just make it up as you go.

The teabaggers are the radical right wing arm of the GOP, and their voting record, such as the examples i've provided you, prove this beyond all doubt. How in the hell do they not vote on anything if they are elected officials :cuckoo:?

I am going to call you Dan Rather from now on. You PROVED NOTHING. Your posts contain NOTHING but your opinion. The democrats have gotten everything they wanted passed and it has resulted in disaster. Now what they claim is if we only would have done more of the same. Well you know what doing more of the same means don't you Dan?

I am going to call you Dan Rather from now on. You PROVED NOTHING. Your posts contain NOTHING but your opinion. The democrats have gotten everything they wanted passed and it has resulted in disaster. Now what they claim is if we only would have done more of the same. Well you know what doing more of the same means don't you Dan?

I've proved nothing by using your own links and federal roll calls to show you the GOP and tea party thugs voted almost unanomously in favor of the patriot act renewals, where the democrats voted strongly against it?

You are out of your mind, I think i'll call you michelle bachmann from now on.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Republicans already admitted that the country can suffer, just as long as THEY re-gain power. They don't consider Obama the legitimate President of the United States. What they did during the health care debate should earn them permanent censure by We, the People. But their mindless followers just keep parroting their lies day and night on this board.

What do you call what Republicans have done since Obama was elected President?

• What about Republican leaders and officials who got together during Obama's inauguration in the infamous, secret pact meeting to vow to destroy him at all costs—including the cost to the country?

• What about what Republicans did during the health care debate later revealed by George W. Bush's former speechwriter?

"At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: unlike, say, Democrats in 2001 when President Bush proposed his first tax cut, we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994."

• What about the use of INSURGENCY by House Republicans?

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

610x.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

In a perfect world, I'd love to see three or four strong parties. But we have what we have right now, and we have to make the best of it. And that requires two parties that can cooperate and end this paralysis. The ship is sinking and all the deck hands can do is point the finger at each other.

Throw 'em overboard to lighten the vessel!

I could not have provided a good example because you don't have a point other then repeating political talking points. There is little the government is going to do about the economic downturn in other countries and what we can do we have done. So your point is not made it isn't even stated. Political cooperation is how we got the Patriot act and the so called "free" trade agreements. It is not how we got Obamacare. Resistance is good it keeps us from going over a cliff. What we saw when one party controlled Congress was the economy crashing and burning and it was not the Pubs that were in control.

The stimulus passed. The Wall Street reform bills passed (Dodd-Frank), TARP passed, the auto industry, at least part was bailed out, unemployment benefits were extended, and we have plunged our children into untold debt over "shovel ready" projects. It is hard to see what else you think that the democrats need to screw up to try and make things better. All of that passed and yet we still have the longest and weakest recovery in history.

Tarp was a gimmee to the financial industry and enacted under bush and was/is nothing at all like the stim. Dodd/Frank, thanks to the con's has been basically defunded therefore has no teeth. Same goes for the Consumer Protection Act/Agency - defunded. The con's have also defunded portions of the Affordable Health Care Act/Obamacare and ultimate goal is to repeal it - and have wasted much time doing so. 33 times brought to the floor. They've also wasted time on contraception, abortion, etc.

The con's control the house of rep's which is controls the purse/wallet of the nation.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Republicans already admitted that the country can suffer, just as long as THEY re-gain power. They don't consider Obama the legitimate President of the United States. What they did during the health care debate should earn them permanent censure by We, the People. But their mindless followers just keep parroting their lies day and night on this board.

What do you call what Republicans have done since Obama was elected President?

• What about Republican leaders and officials who got together during Obama's inauguration in the infamous, secret pact meeting to vow to destroy him at all costs—including the cost to the country?

• What about what Republicans did during the health care debate later revealed by George W. Bush's former speechwriter?

"At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: unlike, say, Democrats in 2001 when President Bush proposed his first tax cut, we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994."

• What about the use of INSURGENCY by House Republicans?

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

610x.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

Plain and simple the con's are using a form of terrorism.

Throw 'em overboard to lighten the vessel!

:lol:

Understandable idea, definitely.

i registered to vote when i was 18, it only took me a couple of years to realize the Republican party is a big fraud.
i don't know what the hell is taking you people so long.

i voted for Pat Buchanan , Ross Perot, and even Alan Keyes, and WITHOUT A DOUBT this country would be WAY better off if any of these people won. i have absolutely no regret voting for these people and time has shown i was right.

the Republican party is the Washington Generals to the Democrat's Harlem Globe Trotters.
while the Republicans wave their arms around the democrats are using trampolines and ladders to get their policy passed.

this is the first election of my lifetime where i could give a rat's ass who wins.
ever since Romney got the nomination i haven't watched anything politics related.

the Democrats passed the most anti-democratic and anti-American bill since Civil War era politics.
the Health Care Bill that forces Americans to contribute to health care profits.
it's not "ObamaCare" , they've been getting ready to pass this bill since the Carter era.
the "solution" is , what ever problems we have with health care, they are going to make every working American pick up the tab.
what did the Republicans do?
they put on a big act that they were against the bill, and at the same time they selected Republican candidates who would insure the bill doesn't get over-turned if the Republicans won office.
Mitt Romney, the guy who enacted forced health care on the state level, and Rick Perry , the guy who sent a bunch of teenage girls to their deaths by forcing them to have a health care procedure.

for the first time in a long time, we had great people running for office, people who would try to enact some reform...a return to sanity.
Paul , Bachmann, Cain, and even Palin.

what did the Republican voters do?
they ALLOWED the leadership to select , big business, pro-health care candidates for them.
all the accomplishments the Tea Party made ...gone in an instant.

I voted Republican in every election since 1980, but what I've come to realize is that the GOP is just the political arm of Global Corporations.

They've gotten very clever for a long time getting people upset about issues like guns, gay marriage, abortion, "War on Christmas" and other utter bullshit.

It's not that they don't have some good ideas. They do. It's just that every one of those good ideas gets corrupted into something else.

Being for a strong defense. Good.

Being for a large military-industrial complex that makes lots of money buying overpriced weapons, and then finding excuses to use them. Bad.

Being for traditional values. Good.

Pandering to the religious extremists who don't seem to understand everyone doesn't read the bible, or read it the same way they do. Bad.

Being Pro-Business. Good.

Being pro Multi-national corporations that crush industries and communities to make a quick buck. Bad on so many levels.

I think Obama has been a weak president with the wrong priorities, but Romney would be a thousand times worse.

[They've gotten very clever for a long time getting people upset about issues like guns, gay marriage, abortion, "War on Christmas" and other utter bullshit.

Banning guns, two dudes getting married, killing the unborn, Christmas is baaaad ......does piss people off.

Forum List

Back