The time has come to walk away from the Republican party

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
i registered to vote when i was 18, it only took me a couple of years to realize the Republican party is a big fraud.
i don't know what the hell is taking you people so long.

i voted for Pat Buchanan , Ross Perot, and even Alan Keyes, and WITHOUT A DOUBT this country would be WAY better off if any of these people won. i have absolutely no regret voting for these people and time has shown i was right.

the Republican party is the Washington Generals to the Democrat's Harlem Globe Trotters.
while the Republicans wave their arms around the democrats are using trampolines and ladders to get their policy passed.

this is the first election of my lifetime where i could give a rat's ass who wins.
ever since Romney got the nomination i haven't watched anything politics related.

the Democrats passed the most anti-democratic and anti-American bill since Civil War era politics.
the Health Care Bill that forces Americans to contribute to health care profits.
it's not "ObamaCare" , they've been getting ready to pass this bill since the Carter era.
the "solution" is , what ever problems we have with health care, they are going to make every working American pick up the tab.
what did the Republicans do?
they put on a big act that they were against the bill, and at the same time they selected Republican candidates who would insure the bill doesn't get over-turned if the Republicans won office.
Mitt Romney, the guy who enacted forced health care on the state level, and Rick Perry , the guy who sent a bunch of teenage girls to their deaths by forcing them to have a health care procedure.

for the first time in a long time, we had great people running for office, people who would try to enact some reform...a return to sanity.
Paul , Bachmann, Cain, and even Palin.

what did the Republican voters do?
they ALLOWED the leadership to select , big business, pro-health care candidates for them.
all the accomplishments the Tea Party made ...gone in an instant.

Edited. Linked.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=13785321

Anything other than a vote for Romney is essentially a vote for Obama.

I made that mistake by voting for Perot... handed the WH to Clinton.

I was young, and idealistic... I am older and wiser now.

i registered to vote when i was 18, it only took me a couple of years to realize the Republican party is a big fraud.

i voted for Pat Buchanan , Ross Perot, and even Alan Keyes, and WITHOUT A DOUBT this country would be WAY better off if any of these people won. i have absolutely no regret voting for these people and time has shown i was right.

the Republican party is the Washington Generals to the Democrat's Harlem Globe Trotters.
while the Republicans wave their arms around the democrats are using trampolines and ladders to get their policy passed.

this is the first election of my lifetime where i could give a rat's ass who wins.
ever since Romney got the nomination i haven't watched anything politics related.

the Democrats passed the most anti-democratic and anti-American bill since Civil War era politics.
the Health Care Bill that forces Americans to contribute to health care profits.
it's not "ObamaCare" , they've been getting ready to pass this bill since the Carter era.
the "solution" is , what ever problems we have with health care, they are going to make every working American pick up the tab.
they put on a big act that they were against the bill, and at the same time they selected Republican candidates who would insure the bill doesn't get over-turned if the Republicans won office.
Mitt Romney, the guy who enacted forced health care on the state level, and Rick Perry , the guy who sent a bunch of teenage girls to their deaths by forcing them to have a health care procedure.

for the first time in a long time, we had great people running for office, people who would try to enact some reform...a return to sanity.

they ALLOWED the leadership to select , big business, pro-health care candidates for them.

a lot, a reeeeeel lot of what you said, is true...no doubt. I have told them to piss off a number of times, Perot and I wrote in Paul last time.

I said it here already Romney is a flip flopping establishment cum Rockefeller rep.....

but, I simply cannot let obama sniff the wh for 4 more....its sux, I mean it and I will hate a part of myself for doing it, but....there it is.

I'd take Clinton ANY DAY over anything else since Reagan.

This time it doesn't matter.

Elect Obama and get more of the same.

Elect Romney and you get Obama in pancake makeup.

Why isn't Rubio running for VP? Because if Romney loses he (Rubio) get labelled "loser".
Because if Romney wins and fails as miserably as his acolyte, Obama (who picked up on Romney's health care communization in Massachusetts so brilliantly) then he (Rubio) gets labelled loser and, worse, Obama runs again in 2016.

Better for someone else to take the fall.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=13785321
SO, the Republican party is not far enough to the right for you?

That is exactly the type of mentality that prevents a third party candidate from having a shot at the White House. Vote for Gary Johnson. He is the man.

When I say Romney is a step in the the right direction... think of a giant ship.
I takes a long time to make a turn, but the captain (the voters) have to begin that turn sometime.... 2010 was a call for a change, and 2012 is the year is happens.

He didn't seek to fundamentally change this nation into something else either... I would take him in a heartbeat over Obama.

Bush was a HUGE let down for me as a conservative though, but again... I don't think he disliked America as Obama does.

You allllllmost had me, until...

:lol::lol::lol:

That is exactly the type of mentality that prevents a third party candidate from having a shot at the White House. Vote for Gary Johnson. He is the man.

Johnson may or not be the better candidate.

Problem is, he will NOT be the candidate with the most electoral votes

The other evening reading Fairy Tales to our grandkids I came to the perfect reply to this OP, Henny Penny. It must be that the sky is always falling for some people. Poor Henny mistook an acorn for the end, I have to wonder how often humankind predicts the end is near, and the harder question is why? I've heard the world ends soon, is it October or thereabouts? Seems looking into the future scares the heck out of some people. Anyway read a bit of history, it's a great antidote to acorns.

As far as republicans I agree with the writer but for different reasons. http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/186726-republican-ideology-through-history-7.html#post4251322

"During a summer in the late 1960s I discovered an easy and certain method of predicting the future. Not my own future, the next turn of the card, or market conditions next month or next year, but the future of the world lying far ahead. It was quite simple. All that was needed was to take the reigning assumptions about what the future was likely to hold, and reverse them. Not modify, negate, or question, but reverse. It was self-evident that this was the right method, because so many of the guesses that the past had made about its then future—that is, my own present—had turned out to be not only wrong but the opposite of what came to be instead, the more so the further ahead they had been projected." John Crowley, 'The Next Future'
The Next Future - Lapham’s Quarterly

no- it will never be far enough left for you....see how that works?

Last edited by a moderator:
You allllllmost had me, until...

:lol::lol::lol:

yea well, not everything is spot on, but hes got the idea overall. Romney is a maverick.... without the maverick, catch my drift?

I would have taken Perot, but yea....he got me in 96. there was no way I was going hand the whole shebang over to the gop...

I will vote for the person who most shares my view of what the country should be and the direction it should go in while Romney was never my first choice for the Republican nomination his vision of America is far closer to mine than Obama's is.

no- it will never be far enough left for you....see how that works?

I am old enough to remember when the Republican party was much more centrist. But centrist is an evil word to today's GOP. It is the far right or banishment for any Republican that doesn't march in lock step.

Ask David Frum or Bruce Bartlett.

David Frum and the Closing of the Conservative Mind

by Bruce Bartlett

As some readers of this blog may know, I was fired by a right wing think tank called the National Center for Policy Analysis in 2005 for writing a book critical of George W. Bush's policies, especially his support for Medicare Part D. In the years since, I have lost a great many friends and been shunned by conservative society in Washington, DC.

Now the same thing has happened to David Frum, who has been fired by the American Enterprise Institute. I don't know all the details, but I presume that his Waterloo post on Sunday condemning Republicans for failing to work with Democrats on healthcare reform was the final straw.

Since, he is no longer affiliated with AEI, I feel free to say publicly something he told me in private a few months ago. He asked if I had noticed any comments by AEI "scholars" on the subject of health care reform. I said no and he said that was because they had been ordered not to speak to the media because they agreed with too much of what Obama was trying to do.

It saddened me to hear this. I have always hoped that my experience was unique. But now I see that I was just the first to suffer from a closing of the conservative mind. Rigid conformity is being enforced, no dissent is allowed, and the conservative brain will slowly shrivel into dementia if it hasn't already.

Sadly, there is no place for David and me to go. The donor community is only interested in financing organizations that parrot the party line, such as the one recently established by McCain economic adviser Doug Holtz-Eakin.

I will have more to say on this topic later. But I wanted to say that this is a black day for what passes for a conservative movement, scholarship, and the once-respected AEI.

I will vote for the person who most shares my view of what the country should be and the direction it should go in while Romney was never my first choice for the Republican nomination his vision of America is far closer to mine than Obama's is.

Agreed. Although I am a consevative on most issues, I stay an independent so I don't get wrapped into the "party politics". People like Limbaugh don't do my thinking. I will always vote for the candidate which is more likely to keep the government out of my life as much as possible. Obama is the furthest think from that.

So your view of America is wealthy overlords who pay no taxes while the average citizen's job is shipped overseas?

I'm an independent and vote for the Person, not the party. I did not vote for Obama because he is a Muslim and his past associations that were bad, had a big influence on him and I knew he would be pretty bad, and he has proven me right. He will not get my vote in this election. I am not crazy about Romney either, but he would without any doubt be better then what we have now. I'm ready for a change in the right direction. I have great fears for the young peoples future if Obama is re elected, and all our futures. We are headed for a huge crisis and as a voter, its time for us to stand up for ourselves and not the party. Obama and his administration has been a disaster and we must do something about it. Its up to us voters. No one else is helping us, so we voters had better do something.........vote Obama out!!!!!

Forum List

Back