Zone1 The term "Personal relationship with Jesus" is not in the Bible

Why do protestants think that all of God can be handily shoved into a finite BOOK?

That Book (the Bible) itself says that:

if all Jesus did and said were written down, the whole world could not contain it.
Well, there ya go. I believe that Jesus smoked weed and gave the Beatles the lyrics to "Hey Jude". It's true.

And I think you should write your own posts and leave mine to me. You will notice I always quote the part of a post to which I am responding. It is at the top of my post. Start there. I am tired of you telling me what I "really" meant or intended or should do. That is on me.
you novus ordo folks are nasty people

"You will know them by their fruits"

I like how BSF

has been totally side-stepping my comments in #34

He doesn't believe in Heaven. Is he a JW? or a member of some weird cult unknown to just about all of us?
I most certainly do believe in Heaven. The problem you're having with me is that I only believe in the Scriptures and not rites or traditions.

Ok, but there is no Scriptural authority for it.
I get that non-Catholic Christians prefer the written portion of Catholic history, canonized in the Bible. Non-Catholic Christianity began in the mid-1500s, and that is an immense part of Christian history they chose to ignore, preferring to start over. Catholic Christians have always given as much credence to Apostolic Traditions as they have to Biblical scripture. Scriptural Authority began in the fourth century while Apostolic Authority began in the first.

I get that non-Catholic Christians prefer the written portion of Catholic history, canonized in the Bible. Non-Catholic Christianity began in the mid-1500s, and that is an immense part of Christian history they chose to ignore, preferring to start over. Catholic Christians have always given as much credence to Apostolic Traditions as they have to Biblical scripture. Scriptural Authority began in the fourth century while Apostolic Authority began in the first.
I agree, traditions have always been the problem. That's the same problem Jesus had with the Pharisees, huh.

I don't think praying with the dead is. Why not pray with Abraham or Moses?
I prefer asking my grandmothers or my best friend to join me in prayer, but if I was tied up in Old Testament Law, I would have no problem with asking Old Testament Prophets. I might prefer Isaiah, but Moses is certainly a viable option.

I prefer asking my grandmothers or my best friend to join me in prayer, but if I was tied up in Old Testament Law, I would have no problem with asking Old Testament Prophets. I might prefer Isaiah, but Moses is certainly a viable option.
Cool.

I most certainly do believe in Heaven. The problem you're having with me is that I only believe in the Scriptures and not rites or traditions.
No, the problem with me is that you say here that you believe in Heaven, then say that a connection w/ Mary (who according to Catholics and others is in Heaven) is a connection with a dead person

I agree, traditions have always been the problem. That's the same problem Jesus had with the Pharisees, huh.
I love traditions. Did you know the keeping of traditions is generally credited to women, that when traditions are lost it is generally due to women letting go of them?

If Jesus hated traditions, he would not have been known to celebrate Jewish holy days such as Passover, the Feast of Tabernacles, Hanukah, etc. Tradition was the problem Jesus had with Pharisees rather it was the detail they added to Laws that bypassed the spirit of that law.

No, the problem with me is that you say here that you believe in Heaven, then say that a connection w/ Mary (who according to Catholics and others is in Heaven) is a connection with a dead person
Let's get back on track. You put the same authority to traditions as you do Scripture. That's the same problem Jesus had with the Pharisees. Can't you see that?

Let's get back on track. You put the same authority to traditions as you do Scripture. That's the same problem Jesus had with the Pharisees. Can't you see that?
you don't know what I do or what I believe. That is quite evident from reading your posts

I love traditions. Did you know the keeping of traditions is generally credited to women, that when traditions are lost it is generally due to women letting go of them?

If Jesus hated traditions, he would not have been known to celebrate Jewish holy days such as Passover, the Feast of Tabernacles, Hanukah, etc. Tradition was the problem Jesus had with Pharisees rather it was the detail they added to Laws that bypassed the spirit of that law.
The Jewish holy days pointed to Him. I agree, it's the details that Catholics have added. However you wish to frame it.

Let's start with something specific. Name a specific disagreement Jesus had with Pharisees. Chapter and verse would be good, but summarizing the account works, too.

I'm getting a pretty good idea of what you believe. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, etc.
No, you have no idea.

And you will REALLY be confused trying to find consistency btwn what I say and what the novus ordo folks like Meriweather say...

If you like confusion... go ahead and deal with the contradictions btwn those 2 entities, but

one belongs to the True Catholic religion and one does not

The Jewish holy days pointed to Him. I agree, it's the details that Catholics have added. However you wish to frame it.
Again, let's be specific. Painting with such a broad brush loses much in the translation.

Let's start with something specific. Name a specific disagreement Jesus had with Pharisees. Chapter and verse would be good, but summarizing the account works, too.
Forgiveness of sins. Healing on the Sabbath. Everything He did angered the Pharisees. Why do you think they killed him? Nothing has really changed. The religious hypocrites of today are just like the Pharisees.

Forum List

Back