The Swiss have had Obama care for 20 years

Most Americans don't give a flying damn what you EU creeps are doing. WE aren't the EU and never will be. WE will never be like you no matter how hard our 'leaders' are trying to make it so. WE in particuliar value our liberty..weras you creeps have given up your liberty.

No, you won't - and you shouldn't try to be the EU.

What you should try to do is to look at all other countries in the world to see what you can learn from them.

I live in a country with a better education and healthcare system than you have - according to numerous research studies. You could either check that out to see if there is anything to be learned from it - or you could ignore the fact that it is better. Just as we have learned so much from the US during the past 50 years.

I don't care either way.

I've learned I want nothing they have to offer as far as ideals/plans...or anything else. American Exceptionalism. Remember that phrase, will you?

Our Founders escaped the EU for a reason. The EU has been given two new leases on life because of Americans in the 20th century...and EU repeats the same mistakes. I wonder why?

Most Americans don't give a flying damn what you EU creeps are doing. WE aren't the EU and never will be. WE will never be like you no matter how hard our 'leaders' are trying to make it so. WE in particuliar value our liberty..weras you creeps have given up your liberty.

No, you won't - and you shouldn't try to be the EU.

What you should try to do is to look at all other countries in the world to see what you can learn from them.

I live in a country with a better education and healthcare system than you have - according to numerous research studies. You could either check that out to see if there is anything to be learned from it - or you could ignore the fact that it is better. Just as we have learned so much from the US during the past 50 years.

I don't care either way.

I've learned I want nothing they have to offer as far as ideals/plans...or anything else. American Exceptionalism. Remember that phrase, will you?

Our Founders escaped the EU for a reason. The EU has been given two new leases on life because of Americans in the 20th century...and EU repeats the same mistakes. I wonder why?
Amen brother AMEN

The centerpiece of the case against Obamacare is the requirement that everyone buy some kind of health insurance or face stiff penalties--the so-called individual mandate. It is a way of moving toward universal coverage without a government-run or single-payer system. It might surprise Americans to learn that another advanced industrial country, one with a totally private health care system, made precisely the same choice nearly 20 years ago: Switzerland. The lessons from Switzerland and other countries can't resolve the constitutional issues, but they suggest the inevitability of some version of Obamacare.

Switzerland is not your typical European welfare-state society. It is extremely business-friendly and has always gone its own way, shunning the euro and charting its own course on health care. The country ranks higher than the U.S. on the Heritage Foundation's Index of Economic Freedom.

Twenty years ago, Switzerland had a system very similar to America's--private insurers, private providers--with very similar problems. People didn't buy insurance but ended up in emergency rooms, insurers screened out people with pre-existing conditions, and costs were rising fast. The country came to the conclusion that to make health care work, everyone had to buy insurance. So the Swiss passed an individual mandate and reformed their system along lines very similar to Obamacare. The reform law passed by referendum, narrowly. The result two decades later: quality of care remains very high, everyone has access, and costs have moderated. Switzerland spends 11% of its GDP on health care, compared with 17% in the U.S. Its 8 million people have health care that is not tied to their employers, they can choose among many plans, and they can switch plans every year. Overall satisfaction with the system is high.

TIME: Fareed Zakaria

With a population of 7 million, slightly more than the state of Massachusetts, this system apparently works. Now, how many Swiss are on welfare, food stamps and are below the poverty line?

The centerpiece of the case against Obamacare is the requirement that everyone buy some kind of health insurance or face stiff penalties--the so-called individual mandate. It is a way of moving toward universal coverage without a government-run or single-payer system. It might surprise Americans to learn that another advanced industrial country, one with a totally private health care system, made precisely the same choice nearly 20 years ago: Switzerland. The lessons from Switzerland and other countries can't resolve the constitutional issues, but they suggest the inevitability of some version of Obamacare.

Switzerland is not your typical European welfare-state society. It is extremely business-friendly and has always gone its own way, shunning the euro and charting its own course on health care. The country ranks higher than the U.S. on the Heritage Foundation's Index of Economic Freedom.

Twenty years ago, Switzerland had a system very similar to America's--private insurers, private providers--with very similar problems. People didn't buy insurance but ended up in emergency rooms, insurers screened out people with pre-existing conditions, and costs were rising fast. The country came to the conclusion that to make health care work, everyone had to buy insurance. So the Swiss passed an individual mandate and reformed their system along lines very similar to Obamacare. The reform law passed by referendum, narrowly. The result two decades later: quality of care remains very high, everyone has access, and costs have moderated. Switzerland spends 11% of its GDP on health care, compared with 17% in the U.S. Its 8 million people have health care that is not tied to their employers, they can choose among many plans, and they can switch plans every year. Overall satisfaction with the system is high.

TIME: Fareed Zakaria

How and when did Obama give Switzerland Obamacare?

Liberals believe that we can have the wealth distribution of Switerland and the economy of Greece. Switzerland perfected the numbered bank account.

1. How many of these countries encourage their doctors to make a living from suing there healthcare system? Answer: None

2. How many of these other countries where "Obamacare works" are homogeneous, white, rural and sparsely populate? Answer: Most

Last edited:
2. Hoe many of these other countries where Obamacare works are homogeneous, white, rural and sparsely populate? Answer: Most

Hilarious! That really is very, very funny.

Spot the person who has never been to France, Germany, Holland, England or New Zealand!!

Honestly, it's just any excuse at all really, isn't it?

Anything at all will do - as long as you don't end up with health system that works.

Ironically, according to the OECD (not a libertarian right-wing organization), Switzerland enjoys a better distribution of wealth than USA and the rest of Europe.

Not so surprising there - the only countries which compete with the US on consoldiating wealth into the hands of the few are Brazil, Mexico and China.

The US is, it seems, the only western democracy on the planet which no longer expects the American Dream to be possible for the majority of people.
There's still an American Dream. Just not in The Great Satan.
BBC News - Enduring legacy of Brazil's Lula

We are a bigger country and have an inordinate amount of people on the doles. It won't be an equal sharing of costs, but an equal sharing of misery caused by waiting lists and lower quality of care. As with all taxes, the middle class will bear the brunt.

And yet countries like France, Germany and the UK seem to manage fine....have you checked their unemployment rates recently?

Germany seems to be doing OK, but France and the UK are going the way of Greece and Spain.

2. Hoe many of these other countries where Obamacare works are homogeneous, white, rural and sparsely populate? Answer: Most

Hilarious! That really is very, very funny.

Spot the person who has never been to France, Germany, Holland, England or New Zealand!!

Honestly, it's just any excuse at all really, isn't it?

Anything at all will do - as long as you don't end up with health system that works.

You ignored my first point, which I put first for a reason and

Holland has less people then three New York boroughs and

New Zealand have less people than a single NYC borough

The bads news:

Healthcare costs per capita:

USA $7,960

Swizerland $5,144

Sweden $3,722

Japan $2,878

Israel $2,104

Yes Switzerland, Japan, Sweden are ethnically diverse...um, no wait, they're not!

They also let they doctors make a living from suing their healtcare system...um, now wait, they don't!

The health care system in Japan has pretty much failed.

In Germany it's a public/private partnership so you can't use that. England depends on euthanasia to keep costs down. In America lawsuits are built into health care costs. None of those countries have unlimited awards either.

Health care, as expensive as it is, is less in California than in Nevada because California has a cap on medical malpractice pain and suffering claims.

Crusader -

and when you can tell us why countries like France, the UK and Germany are not comparisons for the US, I am sure you will.

I'll give you France is a good comparison because it's heading for foreign invaded, bankrupt Third world shit hole.

Yes Switzerland, Japan, Sweden are ethnically diverse...um, no wait, they're not!

They also let they doctors make a living from suing their healtcare system...um, now wait, they don't!

They an't very diverse, no, but Holland, France, Germany, NZ and the UK are - and you won't talk about them either.

Do the Swiss have the same problem with tens of MILLIONS of Illegal immigrants draining their resources? I don't think so.

Did the Swiss government give themselves real time access to the people's bank accounts? Did the Swiss government use their health care bill to transfer power from the people to themselves? Do Swiss have to give a large percent to the government when they sell their homes? Does a panel of bureaucrats decide that elderly people are not worth the cost of treatment and offer pain pills instead? Do they offer free coverage to Muslims and illegal aliens? Muslims consider insurance gambling and will likely be able to opt out of the individual mandate, but will still be covered.

We are a bigger country and have an inordinate amount of people on the doles. It won't be an equal sharing of costs, but an equal sharing of misery caused by waiting lists and lower quality of care. As with all taxes, the middle class will bear the brunt.

That's about every conservative talking point there is. All of it unfounded.

You get a "B" for your buzzword use. An "A" for unfounded assumptions.

Forum List

Back