The Swiss have had Obama care for 20 years

Chris I know you have been told before and it's probably been mentioned here.

I f you want that Swiss healthcare move there no one is stopping you.

Yes - god forbid that the US should lower itself to learning from successful models elsewhere.

I don't actually think Switzerland is the best model for the US myself, but the day a country stops looking to what works in other countries is the day it starts to die.

Yes - god forbid that the US should lower itself to learning from successful models elsewhere.

I don't actually think Switzerland is the best model for the US myself, but the day a country stops looking to what works in other countries is the day it starts to die.

Are you an American citizen?

The whole 'Constitution' thing goes waaaaay over your head, huh?

Most Americans don't give a flying damn what you EU creeps are doing. WE aren't the EU and never will be. WE will never be like you no matter how hard our 'leaders' are trying to make it so. WE in particuliar value our liberty..weras you creeps have given up your liberty.

The centerpiece of the case against Obamacare is the requirement that everyone buy some kind of health insurance or face stiff penalties--the so-called individual mandate. It is a way of moving toward universal coverage without a government-run or single-payer system. It might surprise Americans to learn that another advanced industrial country, one with a totally private health care system, made precisely the same choice nearly 20 years ago: Switzerland. The lessons from Switzerland and other countries can't resolve the constitutional issues, but they suggest the inevitability of some version of Obamacare.

Switzerland is not your typical European welfare-state society. It is extremely business-friendly and has always gone its own way, shunning the euro and charting its own course on health care. The country ranks higher than the U.S. on the Heritage Foundation's Index of Economic Freedom.

Twenty years ago, Switzerland had a system very similar to America's--private insurers, private providers--with very similar problems. People didn't buy insurance but ended up in emergency rooms, insurers screened out people with pre-existing conditions, and costs were rising fast. The country came to the conclusion that to make health care work, everyone had to buy insurance. So the Swiss passed an individual mandate and reformed their system along lines very similar to Obamacare. The reform law passed by referendum, narrowly. The result two decades later: quality of care remains very high, everyone has access, and costs have moderated. Switzerland spends 11% of its GDP on health care, compared with 17% in the U.S. Its 8 million people have health care that is not tied to their employers, they can choose among many plans, and they can switch plans every year. Overall satisfaction with the system is high.

TIME: Fareed Zakaria

You love it so much? Move there. Stop wrecking this Republic asswipe.

The whole 'Constitution' thing goes waaaaay over your head, huh?

There is a reason why our fore fathers left their homes to start a new life here in America. It was to get away from those idiots. I'm not going back there no fucking way.

Most Americans don't give a flying damn what you EU creeps are doing. WE aren't the EU and never will be. WE will never be like you no matter how hard our 'leaders' are trying to make it so. WE in particuliar value our liberty..weras you creeps have given up your liberty.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Audience-clapping2.gif

All these threads on other countries Socialized health care..

WHY don't you who see it great, MOVE THERE

No, you won't - and you shouldn't try to be the EU.

What you should try to do is to look at all other countries in the world to see what you can learn from them.

I live in a country with a better education and healthcare system than you have - according to numerous research studies. You could either check that out to see if there is anything to be learned from it - or you could ignore the fact that it is better. Just as we have learned so much from the US during the past 50 years.

I don't care either way.

What you should try to do is to look at all other countries in the world to see what you can learn from them.

I live in a country with a better education and healthcare system than you have - according to numerous research studies. You could either check that out to see if there is anything to be learned from it - or you could ignore the fact that it is better. Just as we have learned so much from the US during the past 50 years.

I don't care either way.

oh brother

I don't care either way.

Hows this go take a fling fuck, does that work for you?

EuroC -

That may be true, but let's not pretend Switzerland is either a paradise, or a suitable model for the US.

It is a tiny country, and certainly a remarkably successful, but with only 8 million people and being the home of companies like Roche, Nestle, Credit Suisse and Zurich Financial it is also somewhat of a freak. It is impossible to emulate.

I think the US has more to learn from countries like Germany, the UK nd France, that deal with more of the challenges that the US faces (mass immigration, unemployment, the economy) at a not hugely dissimilar level.

Those countries have more to learn from the US than vice versa.

Anyway, different cultures and political traditions. Germany and France actually have not so much in common.

It does - I am the one living in a country with the functioning healthcare and the education system.

Finland has always looked to the US and learned from the US, and I'm happy we do so.

The only people who lose out from closed-minded isolationism are Americans.

Those countries have more to learn from the US than vice versa.

Anyway, different cultures and political traditions. Germany and France actually have not so much in common.

In the 1960s and 1970s, that was true without question.

But I really feel the US has lost its way in the past 20 years, and now Europe and other democracies are ahead in areas like education, healthcare, energy and even entrepreneurialism.

I don't say that out of any smug nationalism, but I really feel Americans have been isolated in their thinking, and have been overtaken.

It does - I am the one living in a country with the functioning healthcare and the education system.

Finland has always looked to the US and learned from the US, and I'm happy we do so.

The only people who lose out from closed-minded isolationism are Americans.

You actually think your freer in your country than America? If so I might warn you there are liberals ready to move to your country, they'll fuck it up just like they have tried to fuck it up here.

Now I will never be open minded to the European lifestyle. I live there for two years no thanks.

Forum List

Back