The Swiss have had Obama care for 20 years

Chris I know you have been told before and it's probably been mentioned here.

I f you want that Swiss healthcare move there no one is stopping you.

Yes - god forbid that the US should lower itself to learning from successful models elsewhere.

I don't actually think Switzerland is the best model for the US myself, but the day a country stops looking to what works in other countries is the day it starts to die.

We have a President and a loud liberal minority that believe in open borders. This, from a previous post could never happen.
Swiss immigration rules are tough and demanding. No birthright citizenship, no ius solis preference over ius sanguinis, 12 years of legal residence to become a citizen, etc
Every speech that our President makes includes a phrase 'raise the taxes on those making over $250,000.' So we can't learn from the Swiss on this item.
we are talking about a country that recently voted against a tax hike for the rich: 59% voted against a top federal income tax rate of 22% for those earning more than 250,000 francs/year:
And, our President and the same group of retards would not object to a VAT and a National Sales Tax, but they would NEVER agree to lowering the tax rate to 22% on the upper 10%.

Last edited:
Ironically, according to the OECD (not a libertarian right-wing organization), Switzerland enjoys a better distribution of wealth than USA and the rest of Europe.

Not so surprising there - the only countries which compete with the US on consoldiating wealth into the hands of the few are Brazil, Mexico and China.

The US is, it seems, the only western democracy on the planet which no longer expects the American Dream to be possible for the majority of people.

Switzerland enjoys a better distribution of wealth than USA and the rest of Europe.

I had no idea that Brazil, Mexico and China were in Europe. Live and learn!

Obama care gets rid of medicare and medicaid and employer sponsored programs are out as well? I did not know this. Does it allow people to buy insurance across states lines to allow for more competition?

Ironically, according to the OECD (not a libertarian right-wing organization), Switzerland enjoys a better distribution of wealth than USA and the rest of Europe.

Not so surprising there - the only countries which compete with the US on consoldiating wealth into the hands of the few are Brazil, Mexico and China.

The US is, it seems, the only western democracy on the planet which no longer expects the American Dream to be possible for the majority of people.

Switzerland enjoys a better distribution of wealth than USA and the rest of Europe.

I had no idea that Brazil, Mexico and China were in Europe. Live and learn!

Try addressing the point. Adults address points.

Do the Swiss have the same problem with tens of MILLIONS of Illegal immigrants draining their resources? I don't think so.

No, but England, France, Holland and Germany do - and they also have a better, cheaper healthcare system than the US.

Samson -

Evidence is not hard to find on this:

Healthcare costs per capita:

Holland: $4,914.

France. $3,978

Germany: $4,218

UK: $3,487

USA: $7,960

List of countries by total health expenditure (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You responded to the question: Does Switzerland have million of immigrants?

No, but Holland does.

How many immigrants does Holland have?

England?

France?

Germany?

Evidence that Holland has millions of immigrants is not per capita expenditure on health.

Most Americans don't give a flying damn what you EU creeps are doing. WE aren't the EU and never will be. WE will never be like you no matter how hard our 'leaders' are trying to make it so. WE in particuliar value our liberty..weras you creeps have given up your liberty.

No, you won't - and you shouldn't try to be the EU.

What you should try to do is to look at all other countries in the world to see what you can learn from them.

I live in a country with a better education and healthcare system than you have - according to numerous research studies. You could either check that out to see if there is anything to be learned from it - or you could ignore the fact that it is better. Just as we have learned so much from the US during the past 50 years.

I don't care either way.

Hows this go take a fling fuck, does that work for you?

You conservatives are just so damn...............learned! If you ever make it out of high school you will be just AWESOME!!!!

No, you won't - and you shouldn't try to be the EU.

What you should try to do is to look at all other countries in the world to see what you can learn from them.

I live in a country with a better education and healthcare system than you have - according to numerous research studies. You could either check that out to see if there is anything to be learned from it - or you could ignore the fact that it is better. Just as we have learned so much from the US during the past 50 years.

I don't care either way.

Hows this go take a fling fuck, does that work for you?

You conservatives are just so damn...............learned! If you ever make it out of high school you will be just AWESOME!!!!

We Conservatives do not like outsiders from other countries dictating how OUR country is run, if you are an American go live with them, if you aren't go fuck yourself.

Obviously the Loony Libs don't understand what the Swiss healthcare system entails. Obamacare is not like it at all in the most important way.

The centerpiece of the case against Obamacare is the requirement that everyone buy some kind of health insurance or face stiff penalties--the so-called individual mandate. It is a way of moving toward universal coverage without a government-run or single-payer system. It might surprise Americans to learn that another advanced industrial country, one with a totally private health care system, made precisely the same choice nearly 20 years ago: Switzerland. The lessons from Switzerland and other countries can't resolve the constitutional issues, but they suggest the inevitability of some version of Obamacare.

Switzerland is not your typical European welfare-state society. It is extremely business-friendly and has always gone its own way, shunning the euro and charting its own course on health care. The country ranks higher than the U.S. on the Heritage Foundation's Index of Economic Freedom.

Twenty years ago, Switzerland had a system very similar to America's--private insurers, private providers--with very similar problems. People didn't buy insurance but ended up in emergency rooms, insurers screened out people with pre-existing conditions, and costs were rising fast. The country came to the conclusion that to make health care work, everyone had to buy insurance. So the Swiss passed an individual mandate and reformed their system along lines very similar to Obamacare. The reform law passed by referendum, narrowly. The result two decades later: quality of care remains very high, everyone has access, and costs have moderated. Switzerland spends 11% of its GDP on health care, compared with 17% in the U.S. Its 8 million people have health care that is not tied to their employers, they can choose among many plans, and they can switch plans every year. Overall satisfaction with the system is high.

TIME: Fareed Zakaria

Switzerland also has health care costs that are rising faster then the European average. If you actually paid attention back in 2009 you would know that and I wouldn't have to explain math to you again.

Health Care Abroad: Switzerland - NYTimes.com

The centerpiece of the case against Obamacare is the requirement that everyone buy some kind of health insurance or face stiff penalties--the so-called individual mandate. It is a way of moving toward universal coverage without a government-run or single-payer system. It might surprise Americans to learn that another advanced industrial country, one with a totally private health care system, made precisely the same choice nearly 20 years ago: Switzerland. The lessons from Switzerland and other countries can't resolve the constitutional issues, but they suggest the inevitability of some version of Obamacare.

Switzerland is not your typical European welfare-state society. It is extremely business-friendly and has always gone its own way, shunning the euro and charting its own course on health care. The country ranks higher than the U.S. on the Heritage Foundation's Index of Economic Freedom.

Twenty years ago, Switzerland had a system very similar to America's--private insurers, private providers--with very similar problems. People didn't buy insurance but ended up in emergency rooms, insurers screened out people with pre-existing conditions, and costs were rising fast. The country came to the conclusion that to make health care work, everyone had to buy insurance. So the Swiss passed an individual mandate and reformed their system along lines very similar to Obamacare. The reform law passed by referendum, narrowly. The result two decades later: quality of care remains very high, everyone has access, and costs have moderated. Switzerland spends 11% of its GDP on health care, compared with 17% in the U.S. Its 8 million people have health care that is not tied to their employers, they can choose among many plans, and they can switch plans every year. Overall satisfaction with the system is high.

TIME: Fareed Zakaria

And let see...... do the swiss police the world? How much world aid are they forking out? Oh.... and what is their tax rate?

Just wondering.

Notice how Libs never compare the US favorably to any other countries?

That's subversive behavior

Last edited:
Notice how Libs never compare the US favorably to any other countries?

That's subversive behavior

Its easy to spend money on your people when you dont have to spend it on the rest of the world. Just imagine how well we could take care of our own people if we let the world deal with their own problems.

Do the Swiss have the same problem with tens of MILLIONS of Illegal immigrants draining their resources? I don't think so.

No, but England, France, Holland and Germany do - and they also have a better, cheaper healthcare system than the US.

Every advanced, and some not so advanced, countries have better and cheaper healthcare than the US

Chris I know you have been told before and it's probably been mentioned here.

I f you want that Swiss healthcare move there no one is stopping you.

Yes - god forbid that the US should lower itself to learning from successful models elsewhere.

I don't actually think Switzerland is the best model for the US myself, but the day a country stops looking to what works in other countries is the day it starts to die.

We have a President and a loud liberal minority that believe in open borders. This, from a previous post could never happen.
Swiss immigration rules are tough and demanding. No birthright citizenship, no ius solis preference over ius sanguinis, 12 years of legal residence to become a citizen, etc
Every speech that our President makes includes a phrase 'raise the taxes on those making over $250,000.' So we can't learn from the Swiss on this item.
we are talking about a country that recently voted against a tax hike for the rich: 59% voted against a top federal income tax rate of 22% for those earning more than 250,000 francs/year:
And, our President and the same group of retards would not object to a VAT and a National Sales Tax, but they would NEVER agree to lowering the tax rate to 22% on the upper 10%.

Most of them pay an effective rate lower than that today. Oh, I get it. You want to raise their EFFECTIVE tax.

Obama must be very careful with his taxes, being president and all. He paid and effective rate of 26%.

Every advanced, and some not so advanced, countries have better and cheaper healthcare than the US

I would not say...better healthcare.... but cheaper yes.

Once you look it up, the Swiss health care system isn't like obamacare, but it is like ROMNEYCARE! Or, HORRORS to libs, the Paul Ryan plan.

The main difference is that in Switzerland it isn't free. Everyone pays for their own insurance. In America, the "poor" are so used to everything they need being FREE, that they would (they have and they are) have tantrums over any suggestion that they have to pay.

Swiss citizens buy insurance for themselves; there are no employer-sponsored or government-run insurance programs. Hence, insurance prices are transparent to the beneficiary. The government defines the minimum benefit package that qualifies for the mandate. Critically, all packages require beneficiaries to pick up a portion of the costs of their care (deductibles and coinsurance) in order to incentivize their frugality.

Why Switzerland Has the World's Best Health Care System - Forbes

No government run insurance. How can that be isn't that just like obamacare?

Forum List

Back