The stock market is on pace for its worst December since the Great Depression

So why wasn’t that an issue in 2017?
united-states-interest-rate@2x.png
Thanks for reaffirming what I said.
thumbsup.gif

Time to put on the bifocals pops.
LOL

Nutcase, I said the rate was increased 4 times between 12/16 and 12/17 — and then you posted a chart showing it was increased 4 times between 12/16 and 12/17.

You may have said that. If you feel I'm supposed to search for it, you're talking to the wrong guy. Purpose of the graph was to point out the frequency of increases. Although, that, evidently, is a bit too complicated for you.
Dumbfuck, no one asked you to search for it. Meanwhile, you posted a graph anyway which displayed exactly what I said about the federal fund rate and then you idiotically posted how I need bifocals as if it showed something different from what I said. :cuckoo:

On pace for WORST year since 2008 When under obama presidency we made a great comeback
Thank you Putins buddy Trump

thumbsup.gif

LOL

Nutcase, I said the rate was increased 4 times between 12/16 and 12/17 — and then you posted a chart showing it was increased 4 times between 12/16 and 12/17.

You may have said that. If you feel I'm supposed to search for it, you're talking to the wrong guy. Purpose of the graph was to point out the frequency of increases. Although, that, evidently, is a bit too complicated for you.
Dumbfuck, no one asked you to search for it. Meanwhile, you posted a graph anyway which displayed exactly what I said about the federal fund rate and then you idiotically posted how I need bifocals as if it showed something different from what I said. :cuckoo:
...dumbass.

thumbsup.gif

LOL

BINGO!!!!!! That is exactly right, and Faun just can't admit it.
LOLOL

They raised it 6 times in 1994 alone. The market went up. They raised it 4 times in the year between 12/16 and 12/17. The market went up.

Clearly, Trump needs excuses as well as lackies willing and eager to deliver them.

The signs are there regardless of what the fed is doing. Unfortunately republican policy has put us here.

growing the economy, creating jobs, and getting raises and bonuses for working americans is bad policy? since when?

the deep state wants Trump to fail because he threatens to destroy their hold on America, the fed is part of the deep state, don't be so ignorant about what is really going on here.
Yes all that is going on the credit card. Trillion dollar deficits! Bad policy. Wages are pretty stagnant btw.

Ah the imaginary deep state...

funny how you libs rant about deficits, but were silent as Obama's annual deficits doubled the national debt. Why was it not a problem for those 8 years? why was it not a problem when he added more debt than all of his predecessors COMBINED?
First I'm not a lib. Second I was against Obamas deficits. You however have no problem turning a blind eye when it is a republican increasing deficits during a strong economy. Completely irresponsible.

bullshit, I am against deficits no matter who is in power, show where I have ever said otherwise. Deficit spending is what lifetime congress-slugs must do to stay on the gravy train. We need term limits and need to ban lobbyists.
Then you need to add growing deficits to your list of trump accomplishments.

thumbsup.gif

LOL

...dumbass.
LOL

You posted a chart agreeing with what I said about the federal fund rate and you think I’m the dumbass?

:lmao:

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif

LOL

Resorting to name calling now.:auiqs.jpg: Yes, that graph says it all. Big difference between Clintons 3.5% rate raise over 8 YEARS and Trump's 2% rate raise
over 2 YEARS......and counting.

LOL

...dumbass.
LOL

You posted a chartvagreeing with what I said about the federal fund rate and you think I’m the dumbass?

I think you are....you asked.

So tired of all this winning.

Two benchmark U.S. stock indexes are careening toward a historically bad December.

Both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 are on pace for their worst December performance since 1931, when stocks were battered during the Great Depression. The Dow and S&P 500 are down 7.8 percent and 7.6 percent this month, respectively.

Huh? So is this Obama's market or Trump's?

Yes this certainly feels like the Great Depression doesn’t it :)

It’s a bad quarter for Wall Street no doubt. Worst quarter since 2011 under Obama. And that’s hard to beat.

Last edited:
From reading the posts I take it that the Santa Claus rally didn't happen this year. I got out of the market in 2012 because I thought it was in a bubble and it grew into the mother of all bubbles. Will Gold rebound? Will The Banks start paying a decent interest rate again? I read that The Fed raised the Prime which is good news for me.

thumbsup.gif

LOL

Resorting to name calling now.:auiqs.jpg: Yes, that graph says it all. Big difference between Clintons 3.5% rate raise over 8 YEARS and Trump's 2% rate raise
over 2 YEARS......and counting.
What name calling? Is it an insult to call a dumbfuck a “dumbfuck?”

Regardless, your nonsense is DOA if your argument is that raising it 2.25 points (not percent, as you idiotically stated) is too much over only a 2 year period since it was raised 2.5 points in 1994 alone.

The DOW was less than 100 points in 1931. Today it hovers around 25,000. If it drops 7% do the freaking math. It should be noted that FDR was elected to end the recession and under his watch (almost 4 terms) it turned into a man killing bodies in ditches soup line "great depression" until the fool managed to get us into a global conflagration.

LOL

...dumbass.
LOL

You posted a chartvagreeing with what I said about the federal fund rate and you think I’m the dumbass?

I think you are....you asked.
So? You’re entitled to your opinion. Meanwhile you’re saying I’m a dumbfuck for posting accurate information, which was corroborated by Thinker.

Well, actually, most lost jobs didn't move overseas. They "went away" because of automation.

The US did indeed lose about 5.6m manufacturing jobs between 2000 and 2010. But according to a study by the Center for Business and Economic Research at Ball State University, 85 per cent of these jobs losses are actually attributable to technological change — largely automation — rather than international trade.

Jobs And Robots: 25 Countries Ranked On Job Loss Potential From Automation, Robotics, And AI

South Korea, Germany, and Japan are most prepared for the coming wave of automation, according to a new report by The Economist. The U.S., on the other hand, ranks ninth out of 25 countries.
-----------------

Democrats have a plan to combat that which was rejected by Republicans. Democrats want to educate Americans to do complex jobs.

Republicans want to burn coal.

That's the difference between the two plans.

Bullshit, the jobs are not being automated, they are going overseas to slave like labor.

Bullshit. More than 85% of lost manufacturing jobs were lost to automation and efficiency improvement. You have no clue what you are talking about
I was wondering why all of those Foxconn employees in China were attempting suicide.
Even Tim Cook admitted it was cheap labor and not automation.

If you have access to HBO, I suggest you watch this...
The Truth About Killer Robots
If you listen to Tim Cook, the robots are incredibly expensive and will greatly increase the price point.
I know people who go to China and India at least 4 times a year to visit their factories...ain’t no automation taking US jobs.
no first world economy can afford to compete on labor.

automation should increase efficiency in the first world.

Well, actually, most lost jobs didn't move overseas. They "went away" because of automation.

The US did indeed lose about 5.6m manufacturing jobs between 2000 and 2010. But according to a study by the Center for Business and Economic Research at Ball State University, 85 per cent of these jobs losses are actually attributable to technological change — largely automation — rather than international trade.

Jobs And Robots: 25 Countries Ranked On Job Loss Potential From Automation, Robotics, And AI

South Korea, Germany, and Japan are most prepared for the coming wave of automation, according to a new report by The Economist. The U.S., on the other hand, ranks ninth out of 25 countries.
-----------------

Democrats have a plan to combat that which was rejected by Republicans. Democrats want to educate Americans to do complex jobs.

Republicans want to burn coal.

That's the difference between the two plans.

Bullshit, the jobs are not being automated, they are going overseas to slave like labor.

Bullshit. More than 85% of lost manufacturing jobs were lost to automation and efficiency improvement. You have no clue what you are talking about
I was wondering why all of those Foxconn employees in China were attempting suicide.
Good thing WI republicans gave Foxconn billions of tax payer money....
As opposed to giving that money to Illegals.
California has the fifth largest economy in the world.

So tired of all this winning.

Two benchmark U.S. stock indexes are careening toward a historically bad December.

Both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 are on pace for their worst December performance since 1931, when stocks were battered during the Great Depression. The Dow and S&P 500 are down 7.8 percent and 7.6 percent this month, respectively.

Huh? So is this Obama's market or Trump's?

Yes this certainly feels like the Great Depression doesn’t it :)

It’s a bad wuarter for Wall Street no doubt. Worst quarter since 2011 under Obama. And that’s hard to beat.

Stocks on track for worst December since the Great Depression | WGNO

https://wgno.com/.../stocks-on-track-for-worst-december-since-the-great-depression/

Thank you Trumph 2 days ago - Few people on Wall Street remember the last time the stock market had this tough of a December. That's because the Dow and S&P 500 are ...

From reading the posts I take it that the Santa Claus rally didn't happen this year. I got out of the market in 2012 because I thought it was in a bubble and it grew into the mother of all bubbles. Will Gold rebound? Will The Banks start paying a decent interest rate again? I read that The Fed raised the Prime which is good news for me.

Had you not bailed in 2012 you would be up 93% today. The market could lose another 40% of its value tomorrow and you would still be up. I'm just mentioning that with no criticism for your actions. Everyone has their own financial plan and philosophy (or should). You may have felt you had no choice. Many pensions funds were ruined by the Obama administrations implementation of Financial Repression which they used to boost Wall Street...much less ordinary citizens like yourself.

Yes we are suffering bubbles from government intervention. Its what government does best. Yes the Fed is raising rates. Four times in 2018 alone! It is amazing that the market isnt down 80%. But, painful as it is, its time. The last administration bought on credit cards and today's Fed cant even get to *normal* rates without pricking bubbles. Much less inflation fighting powder.
Rising interest rates always and forever results in a falling or stagnant stock market. And to add insult to injury the Fed is deleveraging as well and they have said that even f they only raise interest rates twice next year they will not stop culling the balance sheet. As I said it is long overdue. It should never have bloated to this point. But what are you going to do now that its been done? It has to be de-obamasized or the suffering will only be more intense in the end.
A double whammy which would have tanked markets in normal times. Its the strength of the economy keeping it afloat now. But bear markets always come. Always. And then bull markets. Always (unless the government gets involved).

(I dont follow the housing market as close but rising interest rates are never any help there either.)

Last edited:
Financial assets were highly inflated due to ZIRP and huge expansion of the Fed Balance sheet. The Great Unwinding is painful - and never would have happened in the first place if the Fed hadn't conspired with Obabble to create a false sense of economic progress by pushing interest rates to zero and making stocks the only way to get any return.

Good thing WI republicans gave Foxconn billions of tax payer money....
As opposed to giving that money to Illegals.
California has the fifth largest economy in the world.

Terrific, how's that title working out? Dumbass.
9 Most Bankrupt States In America: Is Yours On The List?

Had you not bailed in 2012 you would be up 93% today. The market could lose another 40% of its value tomorrow and you would still be up. I'm just mentioning that with no criticism for your actions. Everyone has their own financial plan and philosophy (or should). You may have felt you had no choice. Manby pensions funds were ruined by the Obama administrations implementation of Financial Repression which they used to boost Wall Street.

Yes we are suffering bubbles from government intervention. Its what government does best. Yes the Fed is raising rates. Four times in 2018 alone! It is amazing that the market isnt down 80%. But, painful as it is, its time. The last administration bought on credit cards and today's Fed cant even get to *normal* rates without pricking bubbles. Much less inflation fighting powder.
Rising interest rates always and forever results in a falling or stagnant stock market. And to add insult to injury the Fed is deleveraging as well and they have said that even f they only raise interest rates twice next year they will not stop culling the balance sheet. As I said it is long overdue. It should never have bloated to this point. But what are you going to do now that its been done? It has to be de-obamasized or the suffering will only be more intense in the end.
A double whammy which would have tanked markets in normal times. Its the strength of the economy keeping it afloat now. But bear markets always come. Always. And then bull markets. Always (unless the government gets involved).

(I dont follow the housing market as close but rising interest rates are never any help there either.)
Just who is responsible for this awful fed leader ? Wheres Janet Yellen when we need her?? Oh that's right ,,the moron fired her

Forum List

Back