The stock market is on pace for its worst December since the Great Depression

So tired of all this winning.

Two benchmark U.S. stock indexes are careening toward a historically bad December.

Both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 are on pace for their worst December performance since 1931, when stocks were battered during the Great Depression. The Dow and S&P 500 are down 7.8 percent and 7.6 percent this month, respectively.

Huh? So is this Obama's market or Trump's?
Trump policy has caused the market problems. Who do you think?
The FED interest hike has something to do with it. You should look at the FZ Trading Thread. I don't understand it but maybe you would.

So tired of all this winning.

Two benchmark U.S. stock indexes are careening toward a historically bad December.

Both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 are on pace for their worst December performance since 1931, when stocks were battered during the Great Depression. The Dow and S&P 500 are down 7.8 percent and 7.6 percent this month, respectively.

Huh? So is this Obama's market or Trump's?
Trump policy has caused the market problems. Who do you think?
The FED interest hike has something to do with it. You should look at the FZ Trading Thread. I don't understand it but maybe you would.
Computer trading is a big cause .

Bullshit. More than 85% of lost manufacturing jobs were lost to automation and efficiency improvement. You have no clue what you are talking about
I was wondering why all of those Foxconn employees in China were attempting suicide.
Even Tim Cook admitted it was cheap labor and not automation.
Good thing WI republicans gave Foxconn billions of tax payer money....
As opposed to giving that money to Illegals.
California has the fifth largest economy in the world.

Terrific, how's that title working out? Dumbass.
9 Most Bankrupt States In America: Is Yours On The List?
  • $250 in surplus per capita.

See what happens when you get a democrat house, they are scared

It is nothing whatsoever to do with the House...you are obviously just spinning furiously to try and take blame off of Trump.

The DOW nosedived in January as well. Was that on the House as well?

As Fox Business rightly points out:

'U.S. stocks closed sharply lower Monday, deepening annual losses, ahead of the final Federal Reserve policy meeting of the year and amid continued worries about the impact a trade war with China may have on the U.S. economy. At the lows of the afternoon the Dow Jones Industrial Average had fallen more than 600 points.'

Dow, S&P 500, Nasdaq in the red for 2018

You see any mention of the House in there?

No one on Wall Street with any sense gives a shit about the Dem House.

Bullshit Maxine is taking Barney Frank's old job ..they are scared to death..

Yes.... look st his legacy not believing Freddie and Fannie needed more oversight on irresponsible mortgage backing.

Never mind the number of rate increases from the Federal Reserve this year.:eusa_whistle:
They raised it 4 times between December, 2016 and December, 2017; and the market performed great.

Looks like you’re just looking for excuses.
.25 points each time, Faun Small increments at the start does nothing, but the accumulative results is starting
to have impact. You're out of your wheel house, Faun. Get back to Obamacare where you belong.
So? It’s been a quarter of a point each time this year too. And the rate is still at only 2.5% which is still very low. Especially in a good economy.
2.5% is a lot when you're borrowing the amounts that corporations borrow. It's no longer a full throttle economy.....not a recession either.
Geeze, I thought you were smarter than this.
Nonsense. It was increased 21 times while Clinton was president, from 3% to 6.5%; and the market soared despite the increases. When the economy is strong, it can take those increases. That’s why the Fed increases the rate during good economies and lowers it when the economy is bad. Like I said, you’re just fishing for excuses.
You are a LIAR, Faun. It wasn't increased 21 times under Clinton, they raised and lowered the rate.
Clinton took office in 1993. Fed made no changes.
1994: GDP = 4.0%, Unemployment = 5.5%, Inflation = 2.7%
Feb 4
3.25% Fed raised rates to keep growth and inflation in a healthy range.
Mar 22 3.5%
Apr 18 3.75% Conference call.
May 17 4.25%
Aug 16 4.75%
Nov 15 5.5% Raised rates.
1995: GDP = 2.7%, Unemployment = 5.6%, Inflation = 2.5%
Feb 1
6.0% Raised rates.
Jul 6 5.75% Lowered rates.
Dec 19 5.5%
1996: GDP = 3.8%, Unemployment = 5.4%, Inflation = 3.3%
Jan 31
5.25% Kept rates low despite inflation.
1997: GDP = 4.4%, Unemployment = 4.7%, Inflation = 1.7%
Mar 25
5.5%
1998: GDP = 4.5%, Unemployment = 6%, Inflation = 1.6%
Sep 29
5.25% LTCM crisis.
Oct 15 5.0%
Nov 17 4.75%
1999: GDP = 4.8%, Unemployment = 6%, Inflation = 2.7%
Jun 30
5.0% Raised rates.
Aug 24 5.25%
Nov 16 5.5%
2000: GDP = 4.1%, Unemployment = 6%, Inflation = 3.4%
Feb 2
5.75% Raised rates despite stock market decline in March.
Mar 21 6.0%
May 16 6.5%
2001: GDP = 1.0%, Unemployment = 6%, Inflation = 1.6%
Highest and Lowest Interest Rates and Why They Changed

Time to put on the bifocals pops.
LOL

Nutcase, I said the rate was increased 4 times between 12/16 and 12/17 — and then you posted a chart showing it was increased 4 times between 12/16 and 12/17.

You may have said that. If you feel I'm supposed to search for it, you're talking to the wrong guy. Purpose of the graph was to point out the frequency of increases. Although, that, evidently, is a bit too complicated for you.
Dumbfuck, no one asked you to search for it. Meanwhile, you posted a graph anyway which displayed exactly what I said about the federal fund rate and then you idiotically posted how I need bifocals as if it showed something different from what I said. :cuckoo:
Resorting to name calling now.:auiqs.jpg: Yes, that graph says it all. Big difference between Clintons 3.5% rate raise over 8 YEARS and Trump's 2% rate raise
over 2 YEARS......and counting.
What name calling? Is it an insult to call a dumbfuck a “dumbfuck?”

Regardless, your nonsense is DOA if your argument is that raising it 2.25 points (not percent, as you idiotically stated) is too much over only a 2 year period since it was raised 2.5 points in 1994 alone.
Hahaha, you can interchange the points with a percent they charge, Faun. .25 points is the same as .25%......talk about idiotic.:auiqs.jpg:

Time to put on the bifocals pops.
LOL

Nutcase, I said the rate was increased 4 times between 12/16 and 12/17 — and then you posted a chart showing it was increased 4 times between 12/16 and 12/17.

You may have said that. If you feel I'm supposed to search for it, you're talking to the wrong guy. Purpose of the graph was to point out the frequency of increases. Although, that, evidently, is a bit too complicated for you.
Dumbfuck, no one asked you to search for it. Meanwhile, you posted a graph anyway which displayed exactly what I said about the federal fund rate and then you idiotically posted how I need bifocals as if it showed something different from what I said. :cuckoo:
Resorting to name calling now.:auiqs.jpg: Yes, that graph says it all. Big difference between Clintons 3.5% rate raise over 8 YEARS and Trump's 2% rate raise

Regardless, your nonsense is DOA if your argument is that raising it 2.25 points (not percent, as you idiotically stated) is too much over only a 2 year period since it was raised 2.5 points in 1994 alone.
That isn't even the argument, Faun. You grasping for anything right now, huh?

I was wondering why all of those Foxconn employees in China were attempting suicide.
Even Tim Cook admitted it was cheap labor and not automation.

$785.72 billion in unfunded liabilities

The Fifth largest economy in the Union.

Dropping fast, maybe an hour ago you said it was 5th in the world. BTW, you do know what a liability is, right?

Dropping fast, maybe an hour ago you said it was 5th in the world. BTW, you do know what a liability is, right?

DOW has dropped 1400 points since the post-Powell high yesterday.

And the NASDAQ has officially entered a Bear market (20% down from the 52 week high).

Last edited:
Financial assets were highly inflated due to ZIRP and huge expansion of the Fed Balance sheet. The Great Unwinding is painful - and never would have happened in the first place if the Fed hadn't conspired with Obabble to create a false sense of economic progress by pushing interest rates to zero and making stocks the only way to get any return.
Imbecile, the rate was lowered to one quarter of one percent while Bush was president, not Obama. And that was done as Bush’s economy was in free fall.

DOW has dropped 1400 points since the post-Powell high yesterday.

And the NASDAQ has officially entered a Bear market (20% down from the 52 week high).

BTW - since Trump took office, the DOW has risen less than 2%.
Unemployment is very low.

They raised it 4 times between December, 2016 and December, 2017; and the market performed great.

Looks like you’re just looking for excuses.
.25 points each time, Faun Small increments at the start does nothing, but the accumulative results is starting
to have impact. You're out of your wheel house, Faun. Get back to Obamacare where you belong.
So? It’s been a quarter of a point each time this year too. And the rate is still at only 2.5% which is still very low. Especially in a good economy.
2.5% is a lot when you're borrowing the amounts that corporations borrow. It's no longer a full throttle economy.....not a recession either.
Nonsense. It was increased 21 times while Clinton was president, from 3% to 6.5%; and the market soared despite the increases. When the economy is strong, it can take those increases. That’s why the Fed increases the rate during good economies and lowers it when the economy is bad. Like I said, you’re just fishing for excuses.
You are a LIAR, Faun. It wasn't increased 21 times under Clinton, they raised and lowered the rate.
Feb 4
Mar 22 3.5%
May 17 4.25%
Aug 16 4.75%
Feb 1
6.0% Raised rates.
Dec 19 5.5%
Jan 31
Mar 25
5.5%
Sep 29
5.25% LTCM crisis.
Oct 15 5.0%
Nov 17 4.75%
Jun 30
5.0% Raised rates.
Aug 24 5.25%
Nov 16 5.5%
Feb 2
Mar 21 6.0%
May 16 6.5%
I stand corrected. They raised it 14 times and lowered it 7.

It was still raised 6 times for 3 points in 1994, as I pointed out. Compared to 7 times for 2.25 points in 2 years under Trump — and the market did not collapse like it is now.

Looks like Trump’s economy might just be made of straw.

LOL

Hahaha, you can interchange the points with a percent they charge, Faun. .25 points is the same as .25%......talk about idiotic.:auiqs.jpg:
LOLOL

Uh, no, you can’t. Well, you can if you’re an imbecile. But otherwise, no you can’t. They have entirely different meanings.

Going from a rate of 3% to 6.5% is a 117% increase, not a 3.5% increase. It’s an increase of 3.5 percentage points. There is a difference, even if you don’t quite grasp the distinction.

But this certainly puts your posts in perspective.

Feb 4
Mar 22 3.5%
May 17 4.25%
Aug 16 4.75%
Feb 1
6.0% Raised rates.
Dec 19 5.5%
Jan 31
Mar 25
5.5%
Sep 29
5.25% LTCM crisis.
Oct 15 5.0%
Nov 17 4.75%
Jun 30
5.0% Raised rates.
Aug 24 5.25%
Nov 16 5.5%
Feb 2
Mar 21 6.0%
May 16 6.5%
I stand corrected. They raised it 14 times and lowered it 7.

It was still raised 6 times for 3 points in 1994, as I pointed out. Compared to 7 times for 2.25 points in 2 years under Trump — and the market did not collapse like it is now.

Looks like Trump’s economy might just be made of straw.
And in 93 they left it alone, so what? That still isn't the argument.

LOLOL

Uh, no, you can’t. Well, you can if you’re an imbecile. But otherwise, no you can’t. They have entirely different meanings.

Going from a rate of 3% to 6.5% is a 117% increase, not a 3.5% increase. It’s an increase of 3.5 percentage points. There is a difference, even if you don’t quite grasp the distinction.

But this certainly puts your posts in perspective.
I have no idea what you're talking about, and I don't think you do either. We were and have been talking about the Fed Res raising the interest
rate....period.

Forum List

Back