The Sickness Racism Breeds

Where do you guys get this ridiculous notion that only those who have the power to oppress can be racist?

Sorry, but your ludicrous ideas about race and racism have no power to sting because they're largely monkey shit.

Having said that, if you're saying that white people as a race are inherently morally weaker and weaker in character than blacks or other races then you are racist.

Again you make yourself out to be an idiot. I said Blacks cant practice racism which is a different word than racist. It should be simple for you. They are two differents words. How fucking stupid are you?

First of all, what you describe as "practicing racism" is racial oppression, which is only one among countless ways to practice racism. Secondly, as I already pointed out, the definition I cited from Webster's - race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race - is the definition of "racism". Thirdly, saying whites are the weaker race is, in a word, racism, the qualifier "practice" notwithstanding.

If that makes you feel better I will allow it but I have to warn you. What you think of me is none of my business.

Fair enough. But it goes both ways, i.e., what you think of me is none of my business, is just an opinion, and is therefore irrelevant to me. This logically entails a few immutable facts. 1. Your saying that whites are the weaker race is irrelevant. 2. Your saying that I or any white person is racist is irrelevant. 3. It naturally follows from these two facts that I or any white person are not obligated to "end racism" by white people, whatever that may look like to you.
Well all I can tell you is be smarter and break down the word according to the literal definition. Racism (race) Black white etc (ism) a system. So racism is simply a doctrine or system based on race where the people with the power to implement the system do so to the detriment of other races and the benefit of their race.

Okay, by all means, let's be smarter and break down the word according to the literal definition. The word "racism" falls under the "act: practice: process" part of the definition of the suffix -ism. "System" or "class of principles" falls under the "doctrine: theory: cult" part of the definition. In other words, according to Webster's, "racism" is an act, practice or process, not a system.

Since Blacks do not have the power to implement racism the word doesnt apply.

If a black person has any kind of power or authority over whites (such as a company owner or supervisor or even a police officer), they most definitely can implement racism.

You can however say some Blacks are racist. Even that I know is a result of watching white people fuck up for centuries. If Blacks were organically racist we wouldnt have educated europeans on two separate occasions.

Was this before or after they invaded and conquered them?

When if doesn't happen you are trying to create a strawman. And I really think that you need to study what actually happened in Africa before you talk about invading and conquering. The more accurate term is whites had a temporary occupation.

I'm not the one who brought up invading and conquering, you did in past discussions.

Like I said before. Youre full of bullshit. Blacks can hate whites guts but we cant stop them from getting a loan or a job. The only thing that can do that is racism.

Where do you guys get this ridiculous notion that only those who have the power to oppress can be racist?

Yes I remember telling you that. Any race that has to make laws to hold others back is weak. Any race that has to lie about their achievements are weak and suffering from an insecurity complex. Any race that claims another race is inferior but puts obstacles in their way is weak as hell. Sorry if that stings but thats what white people do at every opportunity.

Sorry, but your ludicrous ideas about race and racism have no power to sting because they're largely monkey shit.

Having said that, if you're saying that white people as a race are inherently morally weaker and weaker in character than blacks or other races then you are racist.

Again you make yourself out to be an idiot. I said Blacks cant practice racism which is a different word than racist. It should be simple for you. They are two differents words. How fucking stupid are you?

First of all, what you describe as "practicing racism" is racial oppression, which is only one among countless ways to practice racism. Secondly, as I already pointed out, the definition I cited from Webster's - race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race - is the definition of "racism". Thirdly, saying whites are the weaker race is, in a word, racism, the qualifier "practice" notwithstanding.

If that makes you feel better I will allow it but I have to warn you. What you think of me is none of my business.

Fair enough. But it goes both ways, i.e., what you think of me is none of my business, is just an opinion, and is therefore irrelevant to me. This logically entails a few immutable facts. 1. Your saying that whites are the weaker race is irrelevant. 2. Your saying that I or any white person is racist is irrelevant. 3. It naturally follows from these two facts that I or any white person are not obligated to "end racism" by white people, whatever that may look like to you.
Well all I can tell you is be smarter and break down the word according to the literal definition. Racism (race) Black white etc (ism) a system. So racism is simply a doctrine or system based on race where the people with the power to implement the system do so to the detriment of other races and the benefit of their race.

Okay, by all means, let's be smarter and break down the word according to the literal definition. The word "racism" falls under the "act: practice: process" part of the definition of the suffix -ism. "System" or "class of principles" falls under the "doctrine: theory: cult" part of the definition. In other words, according to Webster's, "racism" is an act, practice or process, not a system.

If a black person has any kind of power or authority over whites (such as a company owner or supervisor or even a police officer), they most definitely can implement racism.

You can however say some Blacks are racist. Even that I know is a result of watching white people fuck up for centuries. If Blacks were organically racist we wouldnt have educated europeans on two separate occasions.

You moron. A practice or process is a system. Its even a synonym. :rolleyes:

sys·tem
/ˈsistəm/
noun
  1. 1.
    a set of connected things or parts forming a complex whole, in particular.

2. a set of principles or procedures according to which something is done; an organized scheme or method.
    "a multiparty system of government"
    synonyms: method, methodology, technique, process, procedure, approach, practice
This was long before Blacks invaded europe and brought them back from the dark ages. This is when the greeks traveled to Africa to learn science philosophy etc.

There are no laws that give black people in America power or authority over whites unlike the laws that were implemented by whites when racism was lawful in the U.S.

These laws you speak of would not prevent a black employer from favoring blacks over whites in his business.

A black business owner is still required to comply with all of the civil and other employment laws which forbids discrimination, including discrimination against white people.

So is a white business owner.

A black police officer is not granted authority over others by virtue of his race, but by virtue of being an agent of the government (a law enforcement officer). That is not state sponsored discrimination.

A white officer is not granted authority over others by virtue of his race either.

If you keep flipping from institutional racism to individual acts of racism committed by racists in violation of existing law, then we'll never find any common ground from which we can begin to unravel what the actual issues are, other than individuals still engaging in unlawful racist behavior.

If you keep ignoring the fact that not every white person is guilty of racism then we'll never find any common ground from which we can begin to unravel what the actual issues are.

No, he is saying that whites have a record of almost 250 years of immoral racist behaviors which shows a weakness in character.

In other words, whites are morally weaker. What am I missing here?

He states that whites had to create laws and policies in order to deny people they felt were inferior which is a sign of fear or weakness. That is what whites have done and what many continue doing.

He said, in so many words, that the white record of racism indicates that whites are the weaker race.

To say that the whites who created laws and policies in order to deny people they felt were inferior had weaker characters is one thing and cannot be denied. To say that whites have weaker character is another thing entirely and is patently racist and is exactly what he said.

The white record of continuing racism which you seem not to be able to notice because you are a participant, is a sign of weakness as a race and is a show of immoral character. There are whites who know how to end it, unlike you, and work to do so.

How do you reconcile "weakness as a race" and "There are whites who know how to end it"? If there are whites who know how to (and endeavor to) end it then obviously it is not a weakness of race.

They are ostracized by those like you, accused of teaching people to hate whites, accused of teaching whites to hate themselves, accused of forcing whites to feel guilty about things they did not do even as they continue doing them and all manner of things.

Chelsea Handler: "I feel very gross about my white privilege."

Professor James Livingston of Rutgers University: "...I now hate white people."

These are just two of many examples of anti-white rhetoric from whites in the last few years. If these two people are not advocating hatred of and self-loathing for whites then what do you call this?

Every white person here who has opposed white racism is attacked rudely and even some moderators participate in it. This claim that teaching whites not to be racist is anti while is a weakness and it is a show of immoral character within the white race.

How does "I now hate white people" teach whites not to be racist?

These people are not telling us not to be racist, they're telling us we should be ashamed of being white and ashamed of other white peoples' racism and racist actions.

You can call what I say what you want. I don't concern myself with the simple minded, not thought out, childish opinions of those like you.

Are you even capable of having an adult conversation and countering arguments with logic without denigrating a person's intellect? Save the playground insults for your grandchildren.

Blacks are not teaching ourselves not to be racist. We teach ourselves that despite what we face there are good whites out there.

Who are apparently morally weaker in spite of this.

I know that for a fact as that's what my parents taught me and they lived during the worst of jim crow and both of them grew up in the south. So don't try your silly false equivalences and your stupid what about isms here. When a black person says what we do about whites, it is because of the history of continuing while racism you are too lazy to try looking for a way to stop.

I am not obligated to stop racism, I am obligated to not be racist.

"How do you reconcile "weakness as a race" and "There are whites who know how to end it"?"

Pretty easy. Just because you know something is wrong doesnt mean you have the mental strength to correct it. Your question is akin to asking why do some financial advisors go broke.

You didn't say some whites know racism is wrong, you said some whites "know how to end it."

So you're saying some whites have the mental strength to know how to end racism but don't have the mental strength to end racism. Does that about sum it up? This is akin to saying a financial adviser has the mental strength to know how to make money but doesn't have the mental strength to make money.

Do you ever stop and read what you post? How is it that your head has not exploded by now with all of the cognitive dissonance clanging around in there?

"How does "I now hate white people" teach whites not to be racist?"
Probably because hating something doesnt mean you are racist. What kind of stupid question is that?

And if he had said: "I now hate black people.", would you still say it doesn't mean he is racist?
No I didnt say that but I do agree. Whites do know how to end it. If they dont then they are way less intelligent than I gave them credit for.

No. I am saying whites know how to end it. The fact that they dont shows they lack mental strength and or the will to do it.

Yes I stop to read what I post and I wonder how you graduated from school with your lack of reading comprehension. Youre asking questions anyone with a rudimentary grasp of the english languge should already know the answer to.

He said, in so many words, that the white record of racism indicates that whites are the weaker race.

To say that the whites who created laws and policies in order to deny people they felt were inferior had weaker characters is one thing and cannot be denied. To say that whites have weaker character is another thing entirely and is patently racist and is exactly what he said.

The white record of continuing racism which you seem not to be able to notice because you are a participant, is a sign of weakness as a race and is a show of immoral character. There are whites who know how to end it, unlike you, and work to do so.

How do you reconcile "weakness as a race" and "There are whites who know how to end it"? If there are whites who know how to (and endeavor to) end it then obviously it is not a weakness of race.

They are ostracized by those like you, accused of teaching people to hate whites, accused of teaching whites to hate themselves, accused of forcing whites to feel guilty about things they did not do even as they continue doing them and all manner of things.

These are just two of many examples of anti-white rhetoric from whites in the last few years. If these two people are not advocating hatred of and self-loathing for whites then what do you call this?

Every white person here who has opposed white racism is attacked rudely and even some moderators participate in it. This claim that teaching whites not to be racist is anti while is a weakness and it is a show of immoral character within the white race.

These people are not telling us not to be racist, they're telling us we should be ashamed of being white and ashamed of other white peoples' racism and racist actions.

You can call what I say what you want. I don't concern myself with the simple minded, not thought out, childish opinions of those like you.

Are you even capable of having an adult conversation and countering arguments with logic without denigrating a person's intellect? Save the playground insults for your grandchildren.

Blacks are not teaching ourselves not to be racist. We teach ourselves that despite what we face there are good whites out there.

I know that for a fact as that's what my parents taught me and they lived during the worst of jim crow and both of them grew up in the south. So don't try your silly false equivalences and your stupid what about isms here. When a black person says what we do about whites, it is because of the history of continuing while racism you are too lazy to try looking for a way to stop.

"How do you reconcile "weakness as a race" and "There are whites who know how to end it"?"

Pretty easy. Just because you know something is wrong doesnt mean you have the mental strength to correct it. Your question is akin to asking why do some financial advisors go broke.

You didn't say some whites know racism is wrong, you said some whites "know how to end it."

So you're saying some whites have the mental strength to know how to end racism but don't have the mental strength to end racism. Does that about sum it up? This is akin to saying a financial adviser has the mental strength to know how to make money but doesn't have the mental strength to make money.

Do you ever stop and read what you post? How is it that your head has not exploded by now with all of the cognitive dissonance clanging around in there?

Probably because hating something doesnt mean you are racist. What kind of stupid question is that?

And if he had said: "I now hate black people.", would you still say it doesn't mean he is racist?

The only one with cognitive dissonance is you. You always try that dumb not all whites shit every time and know no one is talking about all whites.

"Whites are the weaker race."

Having said that, if you're not talking about all whites then why did you assume I was lying about my story?

It's because you are too much pf a coward to actually face the issue. Instead you want to argue that silly bu-bu-bu- but about how you think blacks are racists just like whites. No we are not. Out anger comes from a completely different place and it is based not on race but on how a race has treated us. Get it?

"Whites are the weaker race." Get it?

If you are forever telling people they are inferior or lesser,

if your system promotes that belief through education, law and policy, someone in the group deemed "inferior"is going to step up and declare they are not inferior and in fact they are superior. And in your silly disconnected mind you think that is the same as the assumption of superiority based on nothing whites developed over 400 years ago and has been a traditional way of thinking among many people of the white race.

th

The blacks of the past who were told they were inferior did not stand up and say they were superior, they said they were equal. And they were right. Then blacks like you and Asclepias come along and say blacks are superior and that whites are the weaker race. But you are wrong. That's the difference between you and black civil rights activists of the past.

The only one with cognitive dissonance is you. You always try that dumb not all whites shit every time and know no one is talking about all whites.

Having said that, if you're not talking about all whites then why did you assume I was lying about my story?

It's because you are too much pf a coward to actually face the issue. Instead you want to argue that silly bu-bu-bu- but about how you think blacks are racists just like whites. No we are not. Out anger comes from a completely different place and it is based not on race but on how a race has treated us. Get it?

if your system promotes that belief through education, law and policy, someone in the group deemed "inferior"is going to step up and declare they are not inferior and in fact they are superior. And in your silly disconnected mind you think that is the same as the assumption of superiority based on nothing whites developed over 400 years ago and has been a traditional way of thinking among many people of the white race.

th

The blacks of the past who were told they were inferior did not stand up and say they were superior, they said they were equal. And they were right. Then blacks like you and Asclepias come along and say blacks are superior and that whites are the weaker race. But you are wrong. That's the difference between you and black civil rights activists of the past.
A does make a lot of comments about how whites are dumber and inferior. I figured he just did it to piss people off. He's too smart to actually believe that, isn't he?
(P.S., imo, no one gets to be King of the Hill. We are all pretty much the same.)

th

"The blacks of the past who were told they were inferior did not stand up and say they were superior, they said they were equal. And they were right."

They were more than equal. They were superior and they knew it. I know because they passed it down to my generation. Whites would have died out under the conditions Blacks dealt with. Blacks didnt have to legislate themselves a head start in order to advance. Whites did that. Blacks didnt have to claim whites were not human to appease their insecurity complexes. Whites did that. That tells Black people that Blacks are superior to whites. Some are uncomfortable with that notion but in their bones they know this to be true. Now I dont know if that superiority is organic or just a result of whites weakening themselves through their culture.

th

A does make a lot of comments about how whites are dumber and inferior. I figured he just did it to piss people off. He's too smart to actually believe that, isn't he?
(P.S., imo, no one gets to be King of the Hill. We are all pretty much the same.)
Not all whites are dumb and inferior. As a group though........lets just say it doesnt look good for white people.

th

I've never said blacks were superior. As you are not black you didn't get to hear all blacks who led. You misstate King frequently. There were blacks during civil rights who said that blacks were not inferior and that because of what whites did, they showed they were inferior. Kings message of love was a call for blacks to do better than whites did. But you know nothing about that because all you know is one line out of his life. So instead of sitting on your ass trying to create black racism in every word we speak in opposition to white racism, just understand that it has been your race that created racism, that it was your race that decided you were superior, that it was your race that decided no one else is equal to whites and there are those in your race as evidenced here who still believe that, including you. And no, blacks did not and are not doing these things.

I find it funny how you can't seem to find a way to stop white racism, how you don't feel obligated to stop it, but you are here calling yourself trying to stop what you think is black racism. You're a joke.

th

True. No one gets to be king of the hill, but A does present a truth here that some here ignore just so you can try calling him a racist. Whites do believe we are inferior and whites did enact all kinds of laws and policies stopping us from having the same opportunities. So of that is not a sign of fear, inferiority or weakness, what is it?

Don't answer the question. Just think about this.

There are no laws that give black people in America power or authority over whites unlike the laws that were implemented by whites when racism was lawful in the U.S.

These laws you speak of would not prevent a black employer from favoring blacks over whites in his business.

A black business owner is still required to comply with all of the civil and other employment laws which forbids discrimination, including discrimination against white people.

A black police officer is not granted authority over others by virtue of his race, but by virtue of being an agent of the government (a law enforcement officer). That is not state sponsored discrimination.

A white officer is not granted authority over others by virtue of his race either.

If you keep flipping from institutional racism to individual acts of racism committed by racists in violation of existing law, then we'll never find any common ground from which we can begin to unravel what the actual issues are, other than individuals still engaging in unlawful racist behavior.

If you keep ignoring the fact that not every white person is guilty of racism then we'll never find any common ground from which we can begin to unravel what the actual issues are.

You must address institutional racism or you really have no place in this discussion. This is not about what every white person is. It is about the fact there are whites who are racists.

And if ifs and buts were candy and nuts..... Hypotheticals have no merit in this discussion.

sys·tem
/ˈsistəm/
noun
  1. 1.

2. a set of principles or procedures according to which something is done; an organized scheme or method.
    synonyms: method, methodology, technique, process, procedure, approach, practice
From the same dictionary, the definition of Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race (ex. "whites are the weaker race"), especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

This was long before Blacks invaded europe and brought them back from the dark ages. This is when the greeks traveled to Africa to learn science philosophy etc.

But they did invade and conquer, correct?

sys·tem
/ˈsistəm/
noun
  1. 1.

From the same dictionary, the definition of Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race (ex. "whites are the weaker race"), especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

You still fail to understand. White racism is based upon a belief that was never proven or displayed in any behavior by blacks. In fact it has been proven to be a lie. What we are talking about is based upon a 400 year record of observed, documented and recorded behaviors by whites. There is a difference and that difference destroys your attempt to make what we say racist based on standards set by whites. You could claim racism if whites did not exhibit such behavior but the not all whites argument you employ signifies the fact that such a behavior still exists among whites. Therefore racism is an inherent problem in white people. Now whether you act on that racism, that's another story and not all whites do that.

You truly do not think of this complex matter with the necessary depth in which it must be thought out in. And that's because you have not had to. But you need to if you think you can argue with most blacks that weak argument of blacks are racist too by using the standard used on white people as if the circumstances of why we feel as we do come from the same place as whites.

And if you don't believe me, then join an all black forum that's not conservative and try peddling that argument and see what you get.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

No I didnt say that but I do agree. Whites do know how to end it. If they dont then they are way less intelligent than I gave them credit for.

No. I am saying whites know how to end it. The fact that they dont shows they lack mental strength and or the will to do it.

Who's "they"? Whites? So no whites endeavor to stop racism?

Yes I stop to read what I post and I wonder how you graduated from school with your lack of reading comprehension. Youre asking questions anyone with a rudimentary grasp of the english languge should already know the answer to.

You're absolutely right, most of my questions can be answered by anyone with a rudimentary grasp of the english languge. But you would be surprised how often they are dodged and not answered.

A lot of my questions are designed to get my debate opponent to look at other aspects of an issue through the filter of their own biases and inconsistencies. IM2 contended that the professor who said "I now hate white people" was not necessarily racist. So I asked if he would feel the same way if the guy had said "I now hate black people". You know and I know and IM2 knows goddamned well that if he had said that, he would be called racist on the spot by both of you. After all, the both of you have called me racist for much less than that.

th

I've never said blacks were superior.

But you never confronted Asclepias on his idiotic remark about whites being the weaker race either. In fact you tried to justify it with the usual tripe about blacks being angry about white racism.

I know what you're going to say, you're going to say that you still didn't say blacks are superior and that's true. But my not confronting white racists here and the shit they say about blacks is exactly why you criticized me and called me racist in the first place.

I've never confronted white racists here but by God I never made excuses for them either.

As you are not black you didn't get to hear all blacks who led.

Neither did you. Did you forget that you're only two years older than me?

You misstate King frequently.

When did I quote King or even bring him up? Are you confusing me with someone else yet again?

There were blacks during civil rights who said that blacks were not inferior and that because of what whites did, they showed they were inferior. Kings message of love was a call for blacks to do better than whites did.

King was a reverend which means his message of love was also about not hating the white man.

But you know nothing about that because all you know is one line out of his life.

How would you know what lines of his I know or don't know?

So instead of sitting on your ass trying to create black racism in every word we speak in opposition to white racism,

Opposing white racism is not my problem with you. My problem with you and A and Paul and others is manifold: 1.) A lot of the things you consider racism are not. 2.) A lot of the people you consider racist are not. 3.) Every discussion on race comes down to one thing with you: history of white racism. As if that is the one answer or one reason behind every race issue when it is much more complicated than that.

just understand that it has been your race that created racism, that it was your race that decided you were superior, that it was your race that decided no one else is equal to whites and there are those in your race as evidenced here who still believe that, including you. And no, blacks did not and are not doing these things.

It's pretty much understood that humans first migrated out of Africa. Which means whatever flaws we humans have - such as envy, hate, fear, etc. - came out of Africa with our ancestors.

I find it funny how you can't seem to find a way to stop white racism, how you don't feel obligated to stop it, but you are here calling yourself trying to stop what you think is black racism. You're a joke.

Who said I was trying to stop black racism? I can no more stop black racism than I can white racism.

No, what I'm doing here, in part, is pointing out that your supposed efforts to stop white racism are nothing more than moral posturing, angry impotent blustering and criticizing whites.

sys·tem
/ˈsistəm/
noun
  1. 1.

Again youre looking at the changed definition not the original definition. I know you are embarrassed that you didnt know process or practice was a synonym of system but lets not make it worse by back pedaling over to something I already corrected you on.

Yes they invaded europe and saved the white people there. Then they left without fighting about it and in doing so left you in a better state. They didnt whine about how they owned the land for centuries. They simply left.

th

I've never said blacks were superior.

But you never confronted Asclepias on his idiotic remark about whites being the weaker race either. In fact you tried to justify it with the usual tripe about blacks being angry about white racism.

I know what you're going to say, you're going to say that you still didn't say blacks are superior and that's true. But my not confronting white racists here and the shit they say about blacks is exactly why you criticized me and called me racist in the first place.

I've never confronted white racists here but by God I never made excuses for them either.

As you are not black you didn't get to hear all blacks who led.

Neither did you. Did you forget that you're only two years older than me?

You misstate King frequently.

When did I quote King or even bring him up? Are you confusing me with someone else yet again?

There were blacks during civil rights who said that blacks were not inferior and that because of what whites did, they showed they were inferior. Kings message of love was a call for blacks to do better than whites did.

King was a reverend which means his message of love was also about not hating the white man.

But you know nothing about that because all you know is one line out of his life.

How would you know what lines of his I know or don't know?

So instead of sitting on your ass trying to create black racism in every word we speak in opposition to white racism,

Opposing white racism is not my problem with you. My problem with you and A and Paul and others is manifold: 1.) A lot of the things you consider racism are not. 2.) A lot of the people you consider racist are not. 3.) Every discussion on race comes down to one thing with you: history of white racism. As if that is the one answer or one reason behind every race issue when it is much more complicated than that.

just understand that it has been your race that created racism, that it was your race that decided you were superior, that it was your race that decided no one else is equal to whites and there are those in your race as evidenced here who still believe that, including you. And no, blacks did not and are not doing these things.

It's pretty much understood that humans first migrated out of Africa. Which means whatever flaws we humans have - such as envy, hate, fear, etc. - came out of Africa with our ancestors.

Who said I was trying to stop black racism? I can no more stop black racism than I can white racism.

No, what I'm doing here, in part, is pointing out that your supposed efforts to stop white racism are nothing more than moral posturing, angry impotent blustering and criticizing whites.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

Who's "they"? Whites? So no whites endeavor to stop racism?

You're absolutely right, most of my questions can be answered by anyone with a rudimentary grasp of the english languge. But you would be surprised how often they are dodged and not answered.

A lot of my questions are designed to get my debate opponent to look at other aspects of an issue through the filter of their own biases and inconsistencies. IM2 contended that the professor who said "I now hate white people" was not necessarily racist. So I asked if he would feel the same way if the guy had said "I now hate black people". You know and I know and IM2 knows goddamned well that if he had said that, he would be called racist on the spot by both of you. After all, the both of you have called me racist for much less than that.

Yes "they" are whites. See here how I purposely ignore your deflecting question designed to float the "good white person" dynamic? We are talking about whites as a race. Spare me the juvenile attempt to change the subject.

Your questions are nothing to dodge. They just show you have bad reading comprehension. I dont waste time answering questions you should already know the answer to by reading my statement. Unfortunately your design lacks any substance that would necessitate me using a different filter. I agree with IM2. Out of context you have no real knowledge of what he meant by that statement. The best bet would be to be in the room so you can observe his body language, contextual clues and past history to determine what he meant. I disagree. I dont call people racist unless I know the context of their comments. I learned long ago that sentences taken out of context typically are designed to elicit a specific response. If I called you a racist its because you are and have proven it to me. Dont get bent out of shape over it. Lots of people are racist.

Last edited:

You must address institutional racism or you really have no place in this discussion.

I don't have to address a fucking thing. You're not even the OP so you have no place telling me what to address and what not to address.

This is not about what every white person is. It is about the fact there are whites who are racists.

No shit there are whites who are racist numbnuts. Any idiot knows that. However, if that was all that was being said here then I would have no reason to get in the discussion.

I don't get into any of these discussions to debate the fact of there being white racists. I get into these discussions because most of the other drivel you spout is unmitigated hypocritical bullshit.

Forum List

Back