The Sickness Racism Breeds

Somebody sent this to me today. Physically a beautiful Black girl who honestly believes she is white and hates Black people. This is a true sickness that comes straight from racism.

If anyone can fix this -- it's Dr. Phil... :rolleyes:

This looks more like a severe case of affluenza to me. Happens when you're raised into upper middle class, no worries environment. Probably deep down resentment of "success"..

Only fix would be to make her watch BarberShop about 6 times in a row...

Somebody sent this to me today. Physically a beautiful Black girl who honestly believes she is white and hates Black people. This is a true sickness that comes straight from racism.

This looks more like a severe case of affluenza to me. Happens when you're raised into upper middle class, no worries environment. Probably deep down resentment of "success"..

That would make sense if she wasnt raised in the hood most of her life.

Especially hurtful was watching a fellow citizen state she lacked empathy for others and would harm others in order to achieve and enjoy her own success. :egads: Though, honestly, I do not believe Treasure really lacks empathy...I believe she is trying to hurt her mom...for whatever reasons.

I was being stupid before -- but this is also what I get out of it. She cannot reconcile the comfort, and success of her own family life with the crude culture and values of "hood life". Probably lives in fear that her comfort and success would be ruined if her mom and family was "truely black". And she does not want to choose between success and "being black".

It is a form of racism. But it not driven by hate and anger as much as fear of losing the kind of life she's grown up with.. Rather than sending her to "urban summer camp" --- it would be better to find a successful black mentor to assure her -- she can have both..

And NOT Asclep for GAwd sakes... :badgrin:

That HOME and education did not come from "the hood". That's upper mid class near "valley girl" fantasy world in that vid.

Especially hurtful was watching a fellow citizen state she lacked empathy for others and would harm others in order to achieve and enjoy her own success. :egads: Though, honestly, I do not believe Treasure really lacks empathy...I believe she is trying to hurt her mom...for whatever reasons.

I was being stupid before -- but this is also what I get out of it. She cannot reconcile the comfort, and success of her own family life with the crude culture and values of "hood life". Probably lives in fear that her comfort and success would be ruined if her mom and family was "truely black". And she does not want to choose between success and "being black".

It is a form of racism. But it not driven by hate and anger as much as fear of losing the kind of life she's grown up with.. Rather than sending her to "urban summer camp" --- it would be better to find a successful black mentor to assure her -- she can have both..

Hey I could set her straight in about 10 minutes. She already has the melanin, looks, and determination. 10 minutes with me and she would embracing her African DNA.

That HOME and education did not come from "the hood". That's upper mid class near "valley girl" fantasy world in that vid.

Her problem is she has been brainwashed to be ashamed of what she is due to white lies and racism.

Hey I could set her straight in about 10 minutes. She already has the melanin, looks, and determination. 10 minutes with me and she would embracing her African DNA.

OK -- maybe if you were part of the rescue team. But I can see the fear of losing that status and success that her family has given to her. Just don't make her another angry student of yours...

OK -- maybe if you were part of the rescue team. But I can see the fear of losing that status and success that her family has given to her. Just don't make her another angry student of yours...
She wouldnt fear losing status and success once I introduce her to my girls. In order to grow you have to go through the anger phase. Its mandatory to do so or youre just spinning your wheels. You have to be outraged and angry when you realize the vast amount of truth white people have tried to hide from you.

Her problem is she has been brainwashed to be ashamed of what she is due to white lies and racism.

Doubt she's been exposed to that much "white lies and racism".. This isn't an "outside job" that was done TO her. This is an "inside job" she's done on herself. Bet she has a flock of great white girl friends. And none of them have intentionally damaged her. But then -- I'd need to watch the whole Dr Phil episode and I've got bills to pay and toenails to trim. :rolleyes:

She wouldnt fear losing status and success once I introduce her to my girls. In order to grow you have to go through the anger phase. Its mandatory to do so or youre just spinning your wheels. You have to be outraged and angry when you realize the vast amount of truth white people have tried to hide from you.

Oh yeah.. My stash of truth has a facial recognition biometric lock on it. No black faces can ever see it.

Grow up...

Every Black on USMB is a racist from where I stand

iu

IM2 and Asslips, yeah. Many others are not.

Many you don't even know are black. They don't advertise it and be all "Hate Whitey" like Asslips and IM2 do.

Opposing white racism is not my problem with you. My problem with you and A and Paul and others is manifold: 1.) A lot of the things you consider racism are not. 2.) A lot of the people you consider racist are not. 3.) Every discussion on race comes down to one thing with you: history of white racism. As if that is the one answer or one reason behind every race issue when it is much more complicated than that.

Bullshit. We know what racism is. You don't. And don't try telling me how complicated racism is when I know that far better than you ever will.

But you never confronted Asclepias on his idiotic remark about whites being the weaker race either. In fact you tried to justify it with the usual tripe about blacks being angry about white racism.

Tripe is what you speak. I did not address A because his comments were based on things whites have done. Hs not multiplying things by 5 in order to make a claim not supported by facts. Whites decided we are inferior and created laws and policies to stop inferior people from having the same opportunity. That is weak.
I've never confronted white racists here but by God I never made excuses for them either.

That's all you ever do. You're doing it now.

Neither did you. Did you forget that you're only two years older than me?

You see, this is why we have problems. You willfully refuse to understand that things for blacks have been pretty much the exact opposite of what things have been for whites. When I was 7, my father met with MLK. My father was a Baptist preacher. and In our town that made him a leader. I heard many leaders in the black movement who were not famous and who were charged with making the necessary changes in their communities along with those working at the national level. Whites are the ones who decided hat blacks had one leader. And you are just dumb enough to believe that as well.

On top of that the civil rights fight has not ended.

It's pretty much understood that humans first migrated out of Africa. Which means whatever flaws we humans have - such as envy, hate, fear, etc. - came out of Africa with our ancestors.

No, these flaws came from Europe and were created in the age of so called enlightenment promoted by men such as Hume, Kant, Voltaire, etc.

Who said I was trying to stop black racism? I can no more stop black racism than I can white racism.

No, what I'm doing here, in part, is pointing out that your supposed efforts to stop white racism are nothing more than moral posturing, angry impotent blustering and criticizing whites.

What you are doing here is denying fact. And whites have earned the criticism. You can stop white racism. You can create an organization that educates whites about racism and how to end it, but you won't because you are far too cowardly to face the truth that the great white man is not so great. What you call black racism doesn't exist.

Oh yeah.. My stash of truth has a facial recognition biometric lock on it. No black faces can ever see it.

Grow up...
I dont think anyone comes to you to get truth so no problem there.

I am grown.

Every Black on USMB is a racist from where I stand

iu

IM2 and Asslips, yeah. Many others are not.

Many you don't even know are black. They don't advertise it and be all "Hate Whitey" like Asslips and IM2 do.

:boo_hoo14:

Another crying white man here at USMB.

You were quite fine advertising your racism and he hate blacks shit. But then the blacks showed up and ruined the racist echo chamber.

That being said, we will never truly eliminate racism from our society until we stop deriving our identity and self-worth from our group and begin celebrating our individuality.

Bullshit. We won't get rid of racism until whites stop making punk ass excuses like the one you just made and do what is necessary to rid racism from your communities.

How about we arrange a racist swap? I'll get to work on the lists. That ought fix things.

From where I sit -- racists of ANY color are pretty much interchangeable and use the same tactics anyways.

If a black person has any kind of power or authority over whites (such as a company owner or supervisor or even a police officer), they most definitely can implement racism.
There are no laws that give black people in America power or authority over whites unlike the laws that were implemented by whites when racism was lawful in the U.S.

These laws you speak of would not prevent a black employer from favoring blacks over whites in his business.

A black business owner is still required to comply with all of the civil and other employment laws which forbids discrimination, including discrimination against white people.

So is a white business owner.

A black police officer is not granted authority over others by virtue of his race, but by virtue of being an agent of the government (a law enforcement officer). That is not state sponsored discrimination.

A white officer is not granted authority over others by virtue of his race either.

If you keep flipping from institutional racism to individual acts of racism committed by racists in violation of existing law, then we'll never find any common ground from which we can begin to unravel what the actual issues are, other than individuals still engaging in unlawful racist behavior.

If you keep ignoring the fact that not every white person is guilty of racism then we'll never find any common ground from which we can begin to unravel what the actual issues are.

You must address institutional racism or you really have no place in this discussion.

I don't have to address a fucking thing. You're not even the OP so you have no place telling me what to address and what not to address.

This is not about what every white person is. It is about the fact there are whites who are racists.

No shit there are whites who are racist numbnuts. Any idiot knows that. However, if that was all that was being said here then I would have no reason to get in the discussion.

I don't get into any of these discussions to debate the fact of there being white racists. I get into these discussions because most of the other drivel you spout is unmitigated hypocritical bullshit.

And if you can't address instiutional racism, you have no place in this discussion because its part of the sickness.

If a black person has any kind of power or authority over whites (such as a company owner or supervisor or even a police officer), they most definitely can implement racism.
There are no laws that give black people in America power or authority over whites unlike the laws that were implemented by whites when racism was lawful in the U.S.

These laws you speak of would not prevent a black employer from favoring blacks over whites in his business.
And neither have they prevent racist whites from continuing to discriminate in violation of the Civil Rights Act and other workplace rights laws. Whites have been doing this lawfully for more than 175 years while it only became unlaw to engage in these discriminatory practices for the past 54 years roughly. So weighing 175 years of lawful racial discrimination to 54 years of unlawful racial discrimination is not even comparable and that would have to assume that every black person who obtained an opportunity previously denied to them retailiated by treating a white person somewhere as shitty as they had been treated which is not what I know of the majority of the black people I've been around all my life.

A black business owner is still required to comply with all of the civil and other employment laws which forbids discrimination, including discrimination against white people.

So is a white business owner.
Do you realize that there are USMB members whom have bragged about how they have knowingly discrimination against black people in blatant disregard for their rights or the law.

A black police officer is not granted authority over others by virtue of his race, but by virtue of being an agent of the government (a law enforcement officer). That is not state sponsored discrimination.

A white officer is not granted authority over others by virtue of his race either.
Again, discrimination has only been unlawful since 1964. The world I was born into was still racially segregated, so yes white police officers where granted authority over blacks in addition to the police powers granted to them by the state.

If you keep flipping from institutional racism to individual acts of racism committed by racists in violation of existing law, then we'll never find any common ground from which we can begin to unravel what the actual issues are, other than individuals still engaging in unlawful racist behavior.

If you keep ignoring the fact that not every white person is guilty of racism then we'll never find any common ground from which we can begin to unravel what the actual issues are.
I'm not going to have you waste your time searching for an instance where I' ve ever stated that I believe every white person is guilty of racism because it doesn't exist, however the fact that you believe this of me, presumably because I'm black speaks volumes about you.

I saw earlier where you mentioned that the only obligation you have is to not be a racist yourself which is true, however perpetuating racist stereotypes or failing to speak up when others are making comments of that nature is akin to tacit agreement. No you have no moral, ethical or legal obligation to do anything to attempt to improve racial relations in the U.S. I however owe a debt of gratitude to all of the African Americans pioneers who went before me and made sacrifices, suffered losses and endursed endless slights, humiliations, wrongs and crimes against them in order to make a better life for those who would come after them. This is one of the reasons many African Americans know more about American history than the average white person and certainly volumes more the the average white racist.

Forum List

Back