The right splits over Israel

One mans opinion isn't a split in an entire political ideology. Israel is a key strategic ally to the West and yes, as upsetting as it might be to some in N America (and a few in Israel), they are also a spritual ally. They do however risk sqandering the Goodwill and support the have gained and America does not want to be the lone nation fully behind Israel. Therfore, Israel must be measured but resolute. Not in dealing with Hamas, they need to face justice and their next life, but they must avoid non-threateing citizens in Gaza. I watch news.from France, Germany, India, China and elsewhere, Israel needs to be the torch bearer for the high road because the world is fickle. It isn't easy, especially when tempers are high, but right now Israeli journalists.are reporting that Hamas had posted videos for weeks the scenario they just executed. As with America, Canada, Brits and others, IDF need to be over cautious wth citizens. We saw the boomerang that Bush caused to Americas global reputation. Pray for peace and Israeli solidiers to always do what is right. Be a mensch, not a mouse.

Wrong.
Hamas had no choice.
Israel had illegally been blockading Gaza for over a decade, and the starvation was starting to take its toll.
It is entirely and deliberately the fault of the Zionists, and has been since they started massacring Arab villages like Deir Yassin back in 1946.

You can always find a different opinion somewhere but it is a stretch to describe it as a split especially on the right where there is almost universal support for Israel. The propagandists don't want to talk about the fact that the left is really split mostly in favor of Hamas.

The left believes in individual rights, and Hamas just correctly wants the freedom of the Palestinians back.
It is not legal for the Israelis to blockade them, invade Jerusalem and the West Bank, etc.

Should US soldiers die for jews or muslims?

Under the basic principles of local autonomy, the Jews should not be there is they can not play nice.
The started murdering back in the 1940s,like blowing up the King David Hotel and massacring Arab villages like Deir Yassin.
It is not a question of Jews or Moslems, but who is the natives, and that is the Palestinians, not the illegal immigrant Israels.

Tucker Carlson like pretty much all Americans criticized the Hamas attacks on Israeli civilians and said Israel can and should defend itself.

There are those on the right, like Tucker Carlson saying we need to concentrate on helping people in America. Combat Inflation under Biden , combat The homelessness issue Drug use, mental illness, and loneliness being a major problem for the American youth. The invasion of our southern border. Now if you couple these issues with a possible involvement of America going to war with Iran over their opposition to Israel , it could lead to a collapse of the US economy. Which would be a disaster, considering we have 10 million refugees in America right now receiving government assistance for the most part.

Tucker has criticized Nikki Haley and Lindsey Graham for affectively wanting to go to war with Iran. For saying things like “an attack on Israel is an attack on America” when by logic it’s not.

Ben Shapiro was very critical of Tucker’s response to the Israel Palestine issue. And just as Glenn Greenwald pointed out we haven’t really heard Tucker Carlson speak about Israel in the past few years, so it was very interesting to see Mr. Carlson’s well grounded take on Israel.

And I will add that of course Gaza poses no existential threat to Israel. Israel has better weapons probably 1000 times the strength that Gaza has…. Israel has much better weaponry compared to Hezbollah as well and there’s really no logistical way for Iran to go over to Israel. Not to mention the fact that Israel is allied with Egypt, and Jordan, and a growing number of Muslim majority countries.

The US could very easily sort out the problems at home AND help its allies.

The fact that the US can't sort its own problems out at home has nothing to do with looking abroad at the same time. It's a fact that the US political system leads to massive inaction and stupidity.

True.

I am a Democrat and I have criticized Hamas, I am very much against any terrorist organization and so are many Muslims I personally know.

I don't critisize Isreal, but I do think Palestine has gotten a raw deal and I feel bad for Palestine. I don't blame Isreal I blame Russia and the UK for putting Isreal in a bad spot on the map to begin with. It was the fault of stupid politicians who didn't seem to realize this would create decades of violence between the Jews and Muslims in that region. They decided since Russia and European countries at that time didn't want the Jews and had hostility toward them, especially Hitler in WWII, that they needed to create a Jewish state to put the Jews and to kick the Palestinians off the land the Palestinians occupied so the Jews could live there. Of course they didn't think how much anger and hostility this would cause the Muslim nations around Isreal toward the Jews, but politicians are really stupid and don't think what will happen decades later.

Creating a Jewish state is illegal, immoral, and totally impractical.
If the US is mostly Christian, does that mean we should make the US a Christian state and abuse all other religions?
Of course not.
Since there will always be many religions in any country, there should NEVER be any religious state.
Religious states are inherently illegal, immoral, and impractical.

But Israel is the worst possible situation, since the Palestinian go back over 7000 years before the Hebrew invasion.
And clearly there has been no Israel or significant Jewish population in the Mideast for many thousands of years.
So no one has the right to displace the legal Palestinian land owners, in favor of Holocaust victims.
That is totally illegal, immoral, and impractical.
Many countries like Spain expressed desire for the Jewish immigrants, so they should have gone there.

The fact that the US can't sort its own problems out at home has nothing to do with looking abroad at the same time. It's a fact that the US political system leads to massive inaction and stupidity.

Israel killed lots of Gazan civilians in their 22 day attack.

Why should the US get involved? We have no influence over Bibi Netanyahu.

Israel killed lots of Gazan civilians in their 22 day attack.

Yeah, and? Hamas knows when it attacks, Palestinian civilians will die. In fact Hamas probably uses them as human shields.

What does this tell you about Hamas?

Why should the US get involved? We have no influence over Bibi Netanyahu.

The US has HUGE influence. "Er, Israel, we're not paying you any money anymore unless you do what we want you to do..." "Okay, we'll do what you want us to do"

Wrong.
Hamas had no choice.
Israel had illegally been blockading Gaza for over a decade, and the starvation was starting to take its toll.
It is entirely and deliberately the fault of the Zionists, and has been since they started massacring Arab villages like Deir Yassin back in 1946.
Yup, and there will be more blockades, more loss of land and rights every time terrorists shoot missiles and launch attacks from Palestinian occupied territory.

Don't start none won't be none

Hamas made a collosal blunder this time
For a group that’s educated their followers to look forward to death it’s not a big stretch. It’s the head of the snake that needs cutting off.

For a group that’s educated their followers to look forward to death it’s not a big stretch. It’s the head of the snake that needs cutting off.

I'll agree with that.

I just have a problem with a faction that let's them do what they did and then scream for help when they absolutely knew Israel was going to respond how they are

Not a very bright populace

I'll agree with that.

I just have a problem with a faction that let's them do what they did and then scream for help when they absolutely knew Israel was going to respond how they are

Not a very bright populace
Exactly. With more than half the population under 18, it’s not an enlightened society.

Creating a Jewish state is illegal, immoral, and totally impractical.
If the US is mostly Christian, does that mean we should make the US a Christian state and abuse all other religions?
Of course not.
Since there will always be many religions in any country, there should NEVER be any religious state.
Religious states are inherently illegal, immoral, and impractical.

But Israel is the worst possible situation, since the Palestinian go back over 7000 years before the Hebrew invasion.
And clearly there has been no Israel or significant Jewish population in the Mideast for many thousands of years.
So no one has the right to displace the legal Palestinian land owners, in favor of Holocaust victims.
That is totally illegal, immoral, and impractical.
Many countries like Spain expressed desire for the Jewish immigrants, so they should have gone there.
What bullshit anti Semitic crapolla. The UN rightfully turned over the lands which were under British control. There was no sovereign nation. Blame the British dufus, not the Jews. While you’re at it, start campaigning for the American Indian too. Otherwise, your posts is that of a bigot.

Thousands of years ? Hilarious.

The left believes in individual rights, and Hamas just correctly wants the freedom of the Palestinians back.
It is not legal for the Israelis to blockade them, invade Jerusalem and the West Bank, etc.
If it’s not legal for the Israelis to blockade them, then it WASN”T legal for Egypt to block the Straits of Tiran and send the UN “ peacekeepers “ away so EGYPT INITIATED THE WAR See how that goes? 👍✡️🥱🇮🇱
They did NOT invade E Jerusalem , W Bank and Gaza. All three of the above were recognized parts of Jordan and Egypt.

If it’s not legal for the Israelis to blockade them, then it WASN”T legal for Egypt to block the Straits of Tiran and send the UN “ peacekeepers “ away so EGYPT INITIATED THE WAR See how that goes? 👍✡️🥱🇮🇱
They did NOT invade E Jerusalem , W Bank and Gaza. All three of the above were recognized parts of Jordan and Egypt.
A nation has the right to defend itself and it’s people. We blockaded Cuba, we’d do it again.

A nation has the right to defend itself and it’s people. We blockaded Cuba, we’d do it again.
Agree! I was being sarcastic 🇮🇱✡️Israel has no right to block Gaza ( even though we do) so Egypt had NO RIGHT to block Israel 🇮🇱✡️😇

Forum List

Back