The return of deathpanels?

"Death Panels" were never about end of life counselling. The term was about those who will decide who gets what treatment in 'universal health care'. Those panels exist in every country that has 'universal health care'. Read the original research... from Dr Emanuel.... brother of Rahm. That research refers to children under the age of two as 'not fully developed humans'. Charming man.

• Banned
Death panels (political term) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Use of the term

A death panel sign with a Nazi reference at a Rep. Carol Shea-Porter town hall meetingHealth law and bioethics expert George J. Annas wrote that "the national discussion on death planning the president had hoped for focused instead on death denial. Make believe 'death panels' that would 'pull the plug on grandma' were used as a rhetorical device to block any rational discussion of either death generally, or end of life care in particular".[32] Geriatric psychiatrist Paul Kettl noted that the attention-catching phrase death panels became "a lightning rod for objections to a series of ideas about health care besides" end-of-life discussions, and that somehow, "the concept of physicians being paid for time to talk with patients and their families about advance directives ... generated into the fear of decisions about life and death being controlled by the government".[33] Brent J. Pawlecki, a corporate medical director, said the phrases death panels and "killing Grandma" were "used to fuel the flames of fear and opposition".[34][35] According to The Economist, the phrase was used as an "outrageous allegation" to confront politicians at town hall meetings during the August 2009 congressional recess.[36] According to The New York Times, the term became a standard slogan among many conservatives opposed to the Obama administration’s health care overhaul

Last edited:
I'm not at all interested in your lies, nor do I take anything from wiki as a serious source. Your moronic whining is boring.

• Banned
Wiki is a fine source, you just dont like it because it provides too much information you dont like

"Death Panels" were never about end of life counselling. The term was about those who will decide who gets what treatment in 'universal health care'. Those panels exist in every country that has 'universal health care'. Read the original research... from Dr Emanuel.... brother of Rahm. That research refers to children under the age of two as 'not fully developed humans'. Charming man.

Under your definition, they also exist in every health insurance company claims analysis.

Are you talking about this type of republican death panel in Arizona, or some other type of death panel?

November 17, 2010
Organ Transplants Denied in Arizona after Medicaid Agency's Budget Cut

Budget cuts in Arizona's legislature resulted in a man leaving a hospital Tuesday after the state Medicaid agency refused to pay for a life-saving liver transplant.

Francisco Felix, the Hepatitis C patient who was denied the transplant, and other low-income patients in Arizona have been refused such necessary procedures after lawmakers cut funding for the agency, known as the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, or AHCCCS, CBS News affiliate KPHO-TV in Phoenix reports.

Starting Oct. 1, the agency began reversing its approval of organ transplants for 98 low-income patients, according to NPR. The abrupt change came from a series of budget-cutting measures taken by the Republican-controlled state legislature and signed into law by Gov. Jan Brewer.

Without funding from the state, Felix needed to raise $200,000 to pay for the liver transplant. The liver was directly donated to Felix from a family friend who died suddenly Monday. But because Felix's family could not raise enough to cover the cost of the operation, the liver went to another patient.
Organ Transplants Denied in Arizona after Medicaid Agency's Budget Cut - Health Blog - CBS News

The repubs could have saved this guys life, but for 200K, I guess there were some potholes that needed filling.

So, what exactly is this new regulation going to do, exactly?

Last edited:
Wiki is a fine source, you just dont like it because it provides too much information you dont like
Wiki can be edited by anyone. So naturally it fits it with your Lefty Revisionist goals.

End of Life Counceling Panel = Death Panels. Anyone can see that.

Maybe you fascist lefties can pass a law calling the term "Death Panel" a hate crime eh? That's the preferred method to try to thwart the 1st Amendment isn't it?

Absolutely.

AMDs (Advance Medical Directives - Living Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Health Care Proxies) have been used for years in Estate Planning documents. They are decided by the individuals (and not by Medicare consultations) who want their wishes known in advance of any medical issues that might arise in the future. It's a personal decision that does not involve anything to do with Medicare regulations. Dr. Emanuel is a proponent of eugenics and such.

Last edited:

Once again your stupidity shines through. Not only was Calif correct, but she is also correct on wiki being an unreliable source.

If you had the capability of independent thought. You wouldnt be so much fun to make a fool of.

Dont change.

The pulll the plug on death panels the right were screaming about were what most tea party fools were talking about.

The rabble thought it was about pulling the plug on grandma.

No rewrites of what happened folks

The pulll the plug on death panels the right were screaming about were what most tea party fools were talking about.

The rabble thought it was about pulling the plug on grandma.

No rewrites of what happened folks

Yes bureaucrats making life and death decisions based on available funds.

Will you ever wake up?

I'm not at all interested in your lies, nor do I take anything from wiki as a serious source. Your moronic whining is boring.

LOL There are death panels in existance today. They are created by the health insurance industry to deny claims to those who have been paying into their companies for years, sometimes for decades. But those are just fine with you Conservatives because they increase the profits going to the very few very wealthy.

The Asshole Morality of the typical Conservative is once again being daylighted in the OP.

LOL There are death panels in existance today. They are created by the health insurance industry to deny claims to those who have been paying into their companies for years, sometimes for decades. But those are just fine with you Conservatives because they increase the profits going to the very few very wealthy.

The Asshole Morality of the typical Conservative is once again being daylighted in the OP.

LOL YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

You complain about the insurance company but yearn for the government version which will be a hell of a lot harsher.

LOL YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

You complain about the insurance company but yearn for the government version which will be a hell of a lot harsher.

I do not want government universal health care. However, I am self employed for 30 years, own 3 corporations and have paid 200K into health insurance.
Benefits as health care is a terrible and inefficient delivery system. You and I ARE NOT the customer. The insurance company is.
And it is a train wreck happening right now. Government employees receiving insurance health care will soon have their health care benefit represent 35% of their salary for non management positions. Same with blue collar workers but a little lower.
The American insurance health care benefit model has ruined American business.
Now watch all the saviours come and claim that tort reform will save us all.

LOL YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

I do not want government universal health care. However, I am self employed for 30 years, own 3 corporations and have paid 200K into health insurance.
Benefits as health care is a terrible and inefficient delivery system. You and I ARE NOT the customer. The insurance company is.
And it is a train wreck happening right now. Government employees receiving insurance health care will soon have their health care benefit represent 35% of their salary for non management positions. Same with blue collar workers but a little lower.
The American insurance health care benefit model has ruined American business.
Now watch all the saviours come and claim that tort reform will save us all.

Employers handle health care because of ealier government interference. But that was a few generations ago. Now we spend SS and call it saved.

Forum List

Back