The return of deathpanels?

Fact is that it was Republicans that led the charge for massive cuts in Medicare and analysis of all claims for seniors.
And they were correct but that was back in the day when Republicans were conservatives.

LOL YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

You complain about the insurance company but yearn for the government version which will be a hell of a lot harsher.

I do not want government universal health care. However, I am self employed for 30 years, own 3 corporations and have paid 200K into health insurance.
Benefits as health care is a terrible and inefficient delivery system. You and I ARE NOT the customer. The insurance company is.
And it is a train wreck happening right now. Government employees receiving insurance health care will soon have their health care benefit represent 35% of their salary for non management positions. Same with blue collar workers but a little lower.
The American insurance health care benefit model has ruined American business.
Now watch all the saviours come and claim that tort reform will save us all.

Employers handle health care because of ealier government interference. But that was a few generations ago. Now we spend SS and call it saved.

Respectfully, I do not handle health care for my businesses. The INSURANCE COMPANY makes those decisions. And they lobby the government to get what they want.
And it is absolutely killing us competitively. Small business is getting killed because of insurance companies.

If the insurance industry would have accepted a certain level of profit then all would have been OK.

They instead tried to increase profits every year which meant shittier and shitier care at higher and higher cost.

They fucked us and themselves and there will be no choice but to take it out of their hands eventually.

The republicans will stand in the way asz long as they can but it will happen and then care will get better and cheaper and the insurance cos will get less money.

Hell even they know it, they are justw trying to squeeze the last few dollars out of the American people before their world changes.

LOL There are death panels in existance today. They are created by the health insurance industry to deny claims to those who have been paying into their companies for years, sometimes for decades. But those are just fine with you Conservatives because they increase the profits going to the very few very wealthy.

The Asshole Morality of the typical Conservative is once again being daylighted in the OP.

LOL YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

You complain about the insurance company but yearn for the government version which will be a hell of a lot harsher.

I do not want government universal health care. However, I am self employed for 30 years, own 3 corporations and have paid 200K into health insurance.
Benefits as health care is a terrible and inefficient delivery system. You and I ARE NOT the customer. The insurance company is.
And it is a train wreck happening right now. Government employees receiving insurance health care will soon have their health care benefit represent 35% of their salary for non management positions. Same with blue collar workers but a little lower.
The American insurance health care benefit model has ruined American business.
Now watch all the saviours come and claim that tort reform will save us all.

Good post GaDawg (I'm an LSU Tiger!). At least someone here wants to discuss the truth of the matter, intelligently.

I wish the American people would accept that the insurance comapnies brought this on themselves and their industry by being greedy bastards

If the insurance industry would have accepted a certain level of profit then all would have been OK.

They instead tried to increase profits every year which meant shittier and shitier care at higher and higher cost.

They fucked us and themselves and there will be no choice but to take it out of their hands eventually.

The republicans will stand in the way asz long as they can but it will happen and then care will get better and cheaper and the insurance cos will get less money.

Hell even they know it, they are justw trying to squeeze the last few dollars out of the American people before their world changes.

Post the profit breakdowns. Never mind the new rules have already put an insurer out of business. Democrats will tell you what an expense is.

and you have to ignore the reality of the rest of the world to believe your nonsense toby

I do not believe it is the greed of insurance companies that is the problem.
The problem is insurance as a benefit pays claims for parents taking their kids to the doctor for a cold.
Routine doctor visits should not be covered. Does an auto policy pay for oil changes?
We demand too much and insurance passes that around. We all pay for "It is free as my insurance pays it" mentality. Terrible system.
Eliminate group health care as a benefit and costs go down 40% in 5 years. Return to the patient being the customer. YOU pay the bill and then submit large claims for payment.

Health insurance companies likely to break profit records for 2010 - The Hill's Healthwatch

The six largest investor-owned health insurance companies saw a 22 percent increase in combined net income in the third quarter, putting them on pace to break profit records for 2010.

According to S.E.C. figures compiled by Health Care for America Now (HCAN), which lobbied Congress to pass March's healthcare overhaul, the top six insurers made a total of $3.4 billion in profits during Q3, or $611 million more than they did during the same period last year.

The analysis looked at WellPoint Inc., UnitedHealth Group Inc., Aetna Inc., Humana Inc., Cigna Corp. and Coventry Health Care Inc., which had a combined enrollment of 85 million consumers as of Sept. 30. They saw an overall decrease in commercial enrollment of 3.4 million consumers between 2008 and 2010.

Health Insurance Premiums Up 131% in Last Ten Years - It's Your Money - TIME.com

The data was collected by the Kaiser Family Foundation and comes via USA Today:

Since 1999, health insurance premiums for families rose 131%, the report found, far more than the general rate of inflation, which increased 28% over the same period. Overall, health care in the United States is expected to cost $2.6 trillion this year, or 17% of the nation's economy, according to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office.

At the same time costs have gone up dramatically, the policies have grown less generous, and more likely to add deductibles to be paid by the policy holder:

The annual survey of more than 2,000 companies also found that 40% of small-business employees enrolled in individual health plans pay annual deductibles of $1,000 or more. That's almost twice the number who paid that much in 2007.

Read more: http://money.blogs.time.com/2009/09...miums-up-131-in-last-ten-years/#ixzz19EVGDmkV

the solution is a public option

So democrats want care denied on a massive scale. Through the public option.

Damn evil insurance companies paying all those taxes. The practice of collecting taxes should be stopped with the government plan.

immediately he starts talking death panels lies again.

The lies just never end

the solution is a public option
So why didn't the Dems include it in the ObamaCare bill in the first place?:
From the Noo Yawk Slimes:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/18/health/policy/18talkshows.html
Kathleen Sebelius, the health and human services secretary, said the public option was “not the essential element” for reform and raised the idea of the co-op during an interview on CNN.
Note that it was the Dems who dropped it, not Republicans.

Can you back up your claims with facts that "the solution is a public option"?

Its the only way to control health care costs.

If you want to reduce the cost the Best and easiest way is to remove the profit margin.

I could not use your link.

The PO was dropped because the right had lied about what it was.

They claimed it was a take over of the healthcare system which it was not.

Dont you remember idiot tea party people saying crap like "keep your government hands out of my medicare".

Its the only way to control health care costs.

If you want to reduce the cost the Best and easiest way is to remove the profit margin.

I could not use your link.

The PO was dropped because the right had lied about what it was.

They claimed it was a take over of the healthcare system which it was not.

Dont you remember idiot tea party people saying crap like "keep your government hands out of my medicare".
Call Savage and ask him. It went so well for you last time. :lol:

Forum List

Back