CDZ The "really" woke

A typical personal baseless attack by a "Liberal" with nothing to offer to the conversation.
If you're going to be ornery and extremist, we'll end our discussion now.

I said: "Intellectual moderates don't frame all black people as thugs." This is the CDZ.

I do not want to use the word woke. I'm still searching for something more suitable. But really woke will have to do for the time being.

I think I understand what todays "woke" means. And I have to say, I agree with a little more than just some of it. BUt I get a little fuzzy around the cancelling part of it, when someone doesn't abide by certain parts of it. Like if I don't like black thugs, because they're thugs (and not because of their race), I'm still considered a racist. Or if I'm not attracted to a transwoman because he/she was born a male, I'm transphobic. When the reality of it is, I don't want to get involved with someone because of the probably mental issues that go along. Or anything else other than the simple man & woman things that I'm used to.

Being really woke, IMO means those that see the BS built into the woke culture, cancel culture, Trump worshipping, party affiliations, proud boys, BLM and all the other divisional groups that are out there that is fed to many people through the MSM and social media. It doesn't matter to me that someone is woke. What matters if they don't have the ability to actually wake up. Something put them in that state of mind. And something can take them out.
Some may never "wake up." There are people who are delusional enough to think Trump was sent by god. On the flip side, there are those who think it's ok for a transwoman to expose his male genitals to little girls in women's dressing rooms, just because it's the law in CA. And actually go so far as to blame the mom.

Being "woke" means you have to close your eyes to certain things. Being brainwashed means you don't even know you are. Like a pro life Trump supporter who still supports Trump after he funding planned parenthood. Or the ones who are pro choice, but refuse to honor Trump, even in the slightest way, for funding planned parenthood.

What keeps these people locked into such a mental state? What keeps them owned? What keeps them in a perpetual state of argument. Not only with each other. But with themselves?
The person who supports legalizing heroin and fentanyl, will it take a druggy robbing and killing one of their close family members or friends, just for the money to buy their next fix?
The person who supports transwomen, will it take their daughters being exposed to the shemales genitals, to finally realize that transwomen are just feminine men, but men just the same.
Or how about Trump supporters. What will it take for them to realize that he's no conservative. Not a real one.
The evidence is out there. But what does it take for people to really wake up?
Woke is an adjective...alert to injustice in society, especially racism.

Try to keep up honky

Oh, that's easy my friend, so let me offer some help on just one of your points that is causing confusion.

The reason why it's fuzzy is because you take people seriously when you shouldn't be. It's perfectly legitimate to dislike black thugs, but it's not legitimate to frame all black people as thugs. Isn't that simple? Have you abided by that logic? If so then you won't be getting in trouble with people who understand that.
Just learn to reject those who paint all blacks with the same brush!

And now, if your intent was honest, there should be no more fuzziness on at least that issue!

I think I can deal likewise with any of your other issues too.

Funny, I know the difference between black thugs and decent black folks. The same as I know the difference between white trash and decent white folks. But according to the woke crowd, I should treat black thugs with the same respect as the decent black folks.

That's NOT going to happen.

America has lots of thugs, both black and white, but not all whites are thugs and not all blacks are thugs.

The conversation initiated here can serve Americans to come to terms with the 'RACE' problem that has been developed in America over many years. It could be that there are just too many black thugs, as a result of blacks being held down and held back.

The only thing holding blacks down/back is themselves. The thugs choose the thug life. While decent black folks choose to stay out of the thug life. This is how successful blacks from the ghetto achieve success. By not getting caught up in the thug life.
Same as white people. It's a cultural thing, along with a set of morals and principles that are not dictated by one race or another. Just a different way of looking at things.
Regardless of our race, we all have challenges to overcome to achieve success.
Black hood rats think that if they sell enough drugs and rob enough people, they'll be a millionaire. Same as some dumbshit white trash redneck.

Woke is an adjective...alert to injustice in society, especially racism.

Try to keep up honky

If that were true, then the "woke" crowd wouldn't be leftist loons, with the one objective of canceling anything that isn't exactly perfect (to them).

All ways has been always will be people who carry things to extremes, use to be we did not pay as much attention to them, Then as now the extremes usually show up in times of political distress. That's why we go from one mess to the next. the screamers out yell any diplomatic solutions.

Funny, I know the difference between black thugs and decent black folks. The same as I know the difference between white trash and decent white folks. But according to the woke crowd, I should treat black thugs with the same respect as the decent black folks.

That's NOT going to happen.
You're painting the entire 'woke' crowd with the same brush.
And you've already done that with black people, even though you've pulled in your horns a bit and are starting to pretend you're more moderate.

You don't get a free ride with me pal.

You're painting the entire 'woke' crowd with the same brush.
And you've already done that with black people, even though you've pulled in your horns a bit and are starting to pretend you're more moderate.

You don't get a free ride with me pal.

BS.
I paint the moronic woke crowd with the moronic woke paint brush.
I paint the black thugs with the black thug brush.
I paint the decent people with the decent people brush.

If you can't tell the difference, then you're just dumb.

There's probably a partial truth in that. Didn't you suggest you were going to be a moderate?

The only thing that kept me from being a millionaire, was myself. I don't blame some system. Because we're all part of the same system. Considering there's many black millionaires who came out of the ghetto, there's only one reason why there's not more. Some folks just aren't cut out for all the work that goes into success.
Damn dude, losers, regardless of their race will always be losers. They can't keep a job, they can't stay off drugs, they can't get to work on time, they can't, they can't, they can't.

I'm moderate on a few things.

The only thing that kept me from being a millionaire, was myself. I don't blame some system. Because we're all part of the same system. Considering there's many black millionaires who came out of the ghetto, there's only one reason why there's not more. Some folks just aren't cut out for all the work that goes into success.
Damn dude, losers, regardless of their race will always be losers. They can't keep a job, they can't stay off drugs, they can't get to work on time, they can't, they can't, they can't.

I'm moderate on a few things.
I wouldn't call the 7 billion people in the world, losers if they're not millionaires.
The best guess I can make for you not being a millionaire is that your parents didn't put enough emphasis on succeeding to higher levels. And there could have been some other negative input. I suggest that because you were most likely born with the ability. Many are but most of the world's people don't have the opportunity even if they do everything right.
I'll tell you about how I became a millionaire if you're interested. Even though that's not such a lofty goal these days.

You're here to teach and to learn and I find that worthwhile on this board. There's so very little decent conversation.

Fascism has always been on the right. If you're looking at the right-left paradigm, fascism as about as far as you can go to the right.
Now throw in the fact that none of these groups are the actual government and are aligned mostly on the left, I can't see where they can be considered fascist. From what I gather, like me, they're against these huge tech companies, Rx companies and the wars (IIRC).
But I may be wrong about that, because the only attention they get from me, are posts on forums like this.

I agree 100%. And couldn't have said it better myself.
Richard Wollfe has a good utube explanation on how a capitalist government can become fascist. It's good to understand what fascism really is!

" A merger of the state and capitalist corporations"

I do not want to use the word woke. I'm still searching for something more suitable. But really woke will have to do for the time being.

I think I understand what todays "woke" means. And I have to say, I agree with a little more than just some of it. BUt I get a little fuzzy around the cancelling part of it, when someone doesn't abide by certain parts of it. Like if I don't like black thugs, because they're thugs (and not because of their race), I'm still considered a racist. Or if I'm not attracted to a transwoman because he/she was born a male, I'm transphobic. When the reality of it is, I don't want to get involved with someone because of the probably mental issues that go along. Or anything else other than the simple man & woman things that I'm used to.

Being really woke, IMO means those that see the BS built into the woke culture, cancel culture, Trump worshipping, party affiliations, proud boys, BLM and all the other divisional groups that are out there that is fed to many people through the MSM and social media. It doesn't matter to me that someone is woke. What matters if they don't have the ability to actually wake up. Something put them in that state of mind. And something can take them out.
Some may never "wake up." There are people who are delusional enough to think Trump was sent by god. On the flip side, there are those who think it's ok for a transwoman to expose his male genitals to little girls in women's dressing rooms, just because it's the law in CA. And actually go so far as to blame the mom.

Being "woke" means you have to close your eyes to certain things. Being brainwashed means you don't even know you are. Like a pro life Trump supporter who still supports Trump after he funding planned parenthood. Or the ones who are pro choice, but refuse to honor Trump, even in the slightest way, for funding planned parenthood.

What keeps these people locked into such a mental state? What keeps them owned? What keeps them in a perpetual state of argument. Not only with each other. But with themselves?
The person who supports legalizing heroin and fentanyl, will it take a druggy robbing and killing one of their close family members or friends, just for the money to buy their next fix?
The person who supports transwomen, will it take their daughters being exposed to the shemales genitals, to finally realize that transwomen are just feminine men, but men just the same.
Or how about Trump supporters. What will it take for them to realize that he's no conservative. Not a real one.
The evidence is out there. But what does it take for people to really wake up?

It's the extreme polarization between the two political camps that totally messes up these issues, IMO. Any political or social ideology sucks, if taken to the extreme. And because of the extreme polarization in a two party system, where you have to pick a side, and because of a polarized media environment where both sides can't even agree on facts anymore, people on all sides tend to radicalize ... or so it seems, because it's mostly the radicals you hear about.

As for social justice? I guess I agree with you ... I do think there still is racism, transphobia and so on, and generally agree that there should be more tolerance towards minorities. But those who spill out the baby with the bathwater and take their engagement to the extreme, are indeed rather annoying, IMO.

It's the extreme polarization between the two political camps that totally messes up these issues, IMO. Any political or social ideology sucks, if taken to the extreme. And because of the extreme polarization in a two party system, where you have to pick a side, and because of a polarized media environment where both sides can't even agree on facts anymore, people on all sides tend to radicalize ... or so it seems, because it's mostly the radicals you hear about.

As for social justice? I guess I agree with you ... I do think there still is racism, transphobia and so on, and generally agree that there should be more tolerance towards minorities. But those who spill out the baby with the bathwater and take their engagement to the extreme, are indeed rather annoying, IMO.

I have this silly opinion, that if I choose a side, I'm allowing them to "own me." Especially when the side I'm choosing does things that I don't agree with.
Like how the right pretends to be pro life, but never take advantage of the GOP majorities and make most abortions a criminal act.
Or the left being anti war when a republican is president, and takes military action against another country or group.

Forum List

Back